Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
At least they are committing to a particular upgrade path finally, much as I think they should remain free. Cases like Tsushima where you're already paying $20 for an expansion should come with a free upgrade bundled in though (not to mention the PS5 upgrade was incredibly minimal anyway).
The whole reason they are charging the $10 upgrade fee to begin with is because PS4 games are $60 and PS5 games are $70. If they didn’t charge to upgrade, PS5 owners would just buy the PS4 version and upgrade it. Kinda defeats the purpose of raising the price of first-party games if you allow an exploit.
Nobody MADE Sony bump up their prices $10.
MS seems to be doing fine charging $60 for first-party offerings.

So will Forbidden West be $59.99 for both PS4 and PS5? If the PS4 upgrade to PS5 is free, there would be no reason to buy the the PS5 version for $69.99.

"H:FW, since it's a launch title, will come with a free next-gen upgrade."

"So sorry everyone, H:FW isn't a launch title anymore so no free upgrade!"

"Oh shit."

So basically their special edition is now $20 more than the base game for a steelbook, mini art book, and a throwback costume. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tekken 7 has been on there for ages, so unless DLC is being included, the list would be:
Killing Floor 2
FF7 PS1
Windbound
Pathfinder: Kingmaker Definitive Edition
Ghost of a Tale
Moonlighter

Not a bad list, but definitely lacking a "headliner" or two.

Yeah, not too excited about those. I don’t think I’ll be renewing PS Now.

So after a year of trying, i finally got a ps5. Now looking at games...

I really loved spiderman ps4, so obviously im looking at Miles Morales. My question is it worth spending more and getting the ultimate edition for spiderman remastered? Or is it not much of an upgrade and just get the miles morales edition?

I really loved spiderman ps4, so obviously im looking at Miles Morales. My question is it worth spending more and getting the ultimate edition for spiderman remastered? Or is it not much of an upgrade and just get the miles morales edition?
That all depends on you if you'll play the game again, the Ultimate Edition is $50 on Amazon, you'll have to justify the extra $20 or not. It's just a code in a box for Spider-Man Remastered on PS5 if that has anything to do with it either.

When Control was available for PS+, I accidentally downloaded the PS4 version on my PS5. Because Sony doesn't make it clear and doesn't automatically give you the best version, I am stuck with the PS4 version. Control is also on Xbox Game Pass. I believe that the GP version is the One X version and not the Series X version. For those of you that have played the Control PS4 version from PS+, does it have any special features playing it on a PS5? Does it load faster? Have any dual sense support? Should I play it on my Series X instead? I google my situation and can't find an answer. DF has done comparisons but I'm not sure if they tested the Game Pass version of Control vs the PS+ PS4 version against each other. I basically just want to know which one is the better version to play. 

I played a few hours of the original Spider-Man and finished the main game on Spider-Man remastered. For me I think the graphics were quite a bit nicer. I loved the performance mode with a constant 60 FPS, but the 4K mode was nice. I don't think it's a major, major upgrade, but I do believe that edition is still the only way to get the remaster on PS5. There are bugs still and I did crash a few times over my playthrough and fell through the ground at least once. It also comes with all the DLC if you never played that, so that's something. For me the better performance option is well worth it though especially for the minimal price increase.

Can't you change the version you download to the PS5 version by hitting "..." on the store page, or are you saying you never claimed it while it was on PS+?
I did claim it while it was on Playstation Plus. I did not know I had to do a bunch of extra steps to download the PS5 version. There are no instructions anywhere on how to do that. I didn't have a PS5 at the time. I have tried to go back and get the PS5 version but I have to pay for it.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/search/control/

Which of these show up as purchased? Is it the second and third listings?
2nd one. When I go to the game on my PS5, it shows the ultimate edition and I click the 3 white dots next to play game and go to view product and then click the 3 white dots again next to the PS+ price, it says PS4 3rd one down. I have decided to play it on PS5. Even if I am not getting an enhanced version like it might be on Series X, I will get to play the Ultimate edition which has more content if I play the PS4 version on my PS5 so that's what I'm gonna do.

I specifically remember having to claim both versions of Control separately. Sucks that you missed the PS5 version because of Plus limiting free upgrades.

I specifically remember having to claim both versions of Control separately. Sucks that you missed the PS5 version because of Plus limiting free upgrades.
It was confusing and it didn't state anywhere on the store what you needed to do. I only found out weeks later from here I think that you had to do extra steps to get the PS5 version and you couldn't just upgrade if you downloaded the PS4 version even though it was a PS+ game. The game had left PS+ by then. Oh well. Sony is lame when it comes to this stuff.

I may be in the minority here, but I did not like Alan Wake. I played through it when it came out and I found the whole thing to be poorly written and a slog to play through. All the praise I have seen on this game really bothers me and I don’t know why. Other games I can see why people like it even if I don’t but this particular game I just can’t understand.

I think what makes me the most disappointed in it is that there were a lot of interesting ideas and moments but the execution of it all and the overall product was really lacking.

I personally like the idea of Alan Wake and what it was trying to accomplish more than the actual gameplay loop and execution of the game. I’ll probably buy the remaster and would buy a sequel, but the gameplay isn’t amazing and it has its share of issues. As a Twin Peaks and Pacific Northwest fan, I enjoyed it for what it was. Still wish I had kept the CE with the book … that was neat.

I personally like the idea of Alan Wake and what it was trying to accomplish more than the actual gameplay loop and execution of the game. I’ll probably buy the remaster and would buy a sequel, but the gameplay isn’t amazing and it has its share of issues. As a Twin Peaks and Pacific Northwest fan, I enjoyed it for what it was. Still wish I had kept the CE with the book … that was neat.
This is how I feel about every Remedy game: uniquely ambitious, but flawed. That said, Alan Wake was my second favorite after the first Max Payne. And the less said about Control and Quantum Break, the better.

It was confusing and it didn't state anywhere on the store what you needed to do. I only found out weeks later from here I think that you had to do extra steps to get the PS5 version and you couldn't just upgrade if you downloaded the PS4 version even though it was a PS+ game. The game had left PS+ by then. Oh well. Sony is lame when it comes to this stuff.
All I did was claim it and I have both editions showing up as downloadable. I don't think I had my ps5 yet then.

What a bunch of horseshit with control. Apparently I claimed the wrong version of it too and there's nothing Sony can do about it. fucking stupid considering the game was available for PS5. I don't know why they can't just push it through but whatever

Did you play Alan Wake's American Nightmare? It sort of was like a condensed version of the game mixed with Majora's Mask approach. I think I actually enjoyed that experience because of how focused it was, streamlining the gameplay while also expanding on the action/combat situations. It still didn't resolve anything in the story to Alan Wake, but it at least seemed to me like they were testing to see where they could take the series.

Maybe the franchise would actually work better as episodic content, where the story elements can be experimental and lead into the next episode, but also keep the focus on smaller worlds or play spaces with more survival, combat and interactions being considered. Alan Wake was open world at one point. I assume they built a large portion of it, if not all of it, to be explored, but had to condense it down to controlled environments and probably work around limitations.

I assume that also hurt the story telling element, and probably forced abrupt decisions about what and where to use. Having a starting point with how to approach a game from the beginning might have helped their focus, instead of having to repurpose elements or locations. It's why I think American Nightmare was more enjoyable as a game to me. They knew it was a small arcade title, using the same space repeatedly, with an expansion of action and an understood limitation of physical space and budget.

I wonder if they could remaster American Nightmare and add it with Alan Wake later (so Playstation users could try that as well).

What a bunch of horseshit with control. Apparently I claimed the wrong version of it too and there's nothing Sony can do about it. fucking stupid considering the game was available for PS5. I don't know why they can't just push it through but whatever
Yup. When control was free on ps plus, there were 2 versions to claim: the ps4 version and the ps5 version. On your ps4 you could only claim the ps4 version. You needed to claim the ps5 version through a ps5 or on the mobile playstation app. I didn't find this out until months later. Just a new thing all of us that got hosed learned about the way Sony does things. A message popping up and telling us this would have been nice but all 3 major companies do lame things and this is one of Sony's weaknesses.

Has anyone here been able to change their PSN email address? The friend I game share with PSN email/log in he no longer has access to. He can't remember the password so he can't sign in anywhere. His PS4 is still logged in PSN thankfully. What does he need to know in order to be able to get Sony to change his email and password? Is this something that can be done over chat?

Anyone else notice that any claimed ps+ game can now be added to cart to purchase? Was able to buy Uncharted 4 for $7.99 even though I had claimed it maybe a year ago from ps+ games.

Not trying to be a dick, but both versions appeared in the free PS+ games for that month. Also, if I remember correctly, the two different versions of Control were talked about in one of these PSN threads repeatedly.

Can't really blame Sony for you only claiming one of them especially since you had 30 days from when they went live to when they were pulled. Hell, I missed a PS+ game a while back just because I totally forgot, and that is on me. Plus the game was free 7 months ago and has been on sale repeatedly since.

Anyone else notice that any claimed ps+ game can now be added to cart to purchase? Was able to buy Uncharted 4 for $7.99 even though I had claimed it maybe a year ago from ps+ games.
Many can but not all. I can't buy Amplitude, for example. Dunno if it got delisted or just isn't eligible to buy if you have it +.

Anyone have any predictions for the Showcase tomorrow? I'd say God of War is a lock. It's still kinda funny that people legitimately believed that it would release this year.

Anyone have any predictions for the Showcase tomorrow? I'd say God of War is a lock. It's still kinda funny that people legitimately believed that it would release this year.
Two things I think will be announced:

1. Bluepoint acquisition

2. MGS Remake by Bluepoint (hopefully)

And for some reason, I have this gut feeling Kojima is going to be sticking with Sony rather than developing on Xbox. Just a weird af hunch lol

We will probably see God of War and Gran Turismo

I would personally love to see remasters of Infamous 1, 2 and Festival of Blood in one package.

A new Sly Cooper or Jak and Daxter game would be greeted well.

I'm interested in Bend Studios new IP and also would love to see what Sucker Punch is working on next after Ghosts of Tsushima.

Not trying to be a dick, but both versions appeared in the free PS+ games for that month. Also, if I remember correctly, the two different versions of Control were talked about in one of these PSN threads repeatedly.

Can't really blame Sony for you only claiming one of them especially since you had 30 days from when they went live to when they were pulled. Hell, I missed a PS+ game a while back just because I totally forgot, and that is on me. Plus the game was free 7 months ago and has been on sale repeatedly since.
Its totally my fault, But I just think it's stupid that you're locked out of the free upgrade if you didn't download it the other way. I was downloading PS5 games through the app long before I had a PS5 so I Don't know what the hell happened with this one. Oh well. It'll probably be a $5 game at some point

Its totally my fault, But I just think it's stupid that you're locked out of the free upgrade if you didn't download it the other way. I was downloading PS5 games through the app long before I had a PS5 so I Don't know what the hell happened with this one. Oh well. It'll probably be a $5 game at some point
I'm pretty sure the publisher opts for them to be separate from the base game entitlements for upgrades with some going even further and only allowing the PS5 versions to be on PS+ instead of both. If you were able to do the free upgrade, there'd be no PS+ requirement for the games anymore, which they probably don't want.

PS+ games are live:

PS4 Hitman 2 - Reminder that you should be able to import Hitman 1 into this game if you got that from PS+ or bought it outright. Both can be imported into Hitman 3.

PS5 Overcooked! All You Can Eat

PS4 Predator: Hunting Grounds

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/06/playstation-now-games-for-september-tekken-7-killing-floor-2-final-fantasy-vii-windbound/

September's PS Now games:

Final Fantasy VII - Permanent

Killing Floor 2 - Permanent

Moonlighter - Permanent

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Definitive Edition - Permanent

Tekken 7 - 2/28/22

Windbound - Permanent

bread's done
Back