Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Looks like a terrible month, but I'll get the naysayers saying it's the best games of their lives. I just don't play sports games often and could care less about massive multiplayer games unless I'm playing Battlefield with my friends or such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a terrible month, but I'll get the naysayers saying it's the best games of their lives. I just don't play sports games often and could care less about massive multiplayer games unless I'm playing Battlefield with my friends or such.
You seem to recognize that it comes down to opinion, yet call those who disagree with you naysayers. (For the record, I don't have a dog in the fight; I don't even use PS Plus outside of free/cheap trials.)

Not sure what thread to put this in but decided here because the final 2 games are both on Sony systems with one of them an exclusive

https://assets-prd.ignimgs.com/2021/09/27/best-video-game-of-all-time-bracket-9-24-final-1632763592259.jpg

Um, can people here please explain how this happened? 2 GTA games in the top 4 and BOTW loses to GTA 5 and God of War beats out whatever GTA game it was. God of War is one of the best games I've ever played but it beat out some games that are better than it. BOTW losing to GTA 5 is sad. I know the game is ridiculously popular and made like a gagillion dollars but better than BOTW and the other games it beat? I struggled to actually continue and beat GTA 5. Stopped 2 times because I didn't like it. I decided to push through and beat it though since it was leaving Game Pass. Trevor is one of the most vile, disgusting and human scum players I've encountered in any video game. I know a lot of people love killing and violence and death but there are games that do that way better than GTA 5. What am I missing here? How is GTA 5 potentially going to win the best game of all time by all those millions of gamers? What is so amazing an BEST EVER material with the GTA series and especially GTA 5?

Not sure what thread to put this in but decided here because the final 2 games are both on Sony systems with one of them an exclusive

https://assets-prd.ignimgs.com/2021/09/27/best-video-game-of-all-time-bracket-9-24-final-1632763592259.jpg
Um, can people here please explain how this happened? 2 GTA games in the top 4 and BOTW loses to GTA 5 and God of War beats out whatever GTA game it was. God of War is one of the best games I've ever played but it beat out some games that are better than it. BOTW losing to GTA 5 is sad. I know the game is ridiculously popular and made like a gagillion dollars but better than BOTW and the other games it beat? I struggled to actually continue and beat GTA 5. Stopped 2 times because I didn't like it. I decided to push through and beat it though since it was leaving Game Pass. Trevor is one of the most vile, disgusting and human scum players I've encountered in any video game. I know a lot of people love killing and violence and death but there are games that do that way better than GTA 5. What am I missing here? How is GTA 5 potentially going to win the best game of all time by all those millions of gamers? What is so amazing an BEST EVER material with the GTA series and especially GTA 5?
People have shitty taste, news at 11.

Not everyone likes BOTW as much as you do. GTAV is just way more popular than Zelda. It also has a huge ongoing online community playing it constantly. Plus the devs keep giving new content to that online community. I've never played GTA online, but I see there is a lot of content there. Oh and then there is that massive, acclaimed single player mode. ;)

A popular game is winning a popularity contest. Who'd have thought. It's funny that people get upset or take it personal. I thought the internet hated IGN anyways. Lol!

People are just idiots. Think of the intelligence Bell Curve and the Zipf-Mandelbrot law, and realize that a good majority of people are dumbasses who do very little thinking.

He was also in Narcos and Game of Thrones. Roles that are definitely not clean cut that he played very well.
Oh I know, it's just for some reason he strikes me as more cunning and suave than rough around the edges. Whenever he took off his helm in Mandalorian is was a bit weird/unexpected.

Yeah, we will see if he can pull it off or not. I am more excited that the show runner of Chernobyl is on this project. Chernobyl was a fantastic mini series. 

I didn’t like him in Kingsman 2, which is kind of how I expect him to play Joel. He was fantastic in GoT and Mandalorian, but positively terrible in WW84. I honestly have no idea if I think he’ll be any good in LoU

People are just idiots. Think of the intelligence Bell Curve and the Zipf-Mandelbrot law, and realize that a good majority of people are dumbasses who do very little thinking.
it probably has more to do with the age of the voters than anything. The chart is full of recency bias. Tons of revolutionary titles ranked out by good, but people won’t remember them in 30 years games.

Mario 64 lost to Arkham. Super Metroid to Apex Legends.

Basically these people would think Avatar is better than Citizen Kane.

Elections are usually more based on bribery and mud slinging though. Oh and making promises.

So if that is the case then no man's sky and the fable series would probably be president and vice president.

I heard No Man's Sky is actually pretty good now since they added a lot of updates and contents.
The game is quite impressive now. It may not be some people's cup of tea, but it's remarkable that they kept working on it for as long as they have to get it to a much more playable place.

Weird.

[Tweet: Netflix has acquired @nightschoolers the creators of Oxenfree, and now working on Oxenfree II.]
Oxenfree was a bit like Stranger Things: The Game (yes I know there was a Stranger Things: The Game also).

He was fantastic in GoT and Mandalorian, but positively terrible in WW84. I honestly have no idea if I think he’ll be any good in LoU
THAT'S IT. I knew there was something in my mind I couldn't shake, and that abortion of a movie was why. That's all I can see now when I see Pedro, so yeah--Last of Us is doomed for me.

Some new releases:

PS5/PS4 Away: The Survival Series - $29.99

PS4 Chernobylite - $29.99

PS4 G-Darius HD - $29.99

PS5/PS4 Ghostrunner - $29.99 - I'm guessing this is free if you have it on PS4

PS5/PS4 In Sound Mind - $39.99

PS5/PS4 KeyWe - $24.99

PS5/PS4 Lemnis Gate - $19.99

PS4 Outer Wilds - Archaeologist Edition - $39.99 - Echoes of the Eye expansion - $14.99

PS4 UnMetal - $19.99 - $15.99
I'm gonna give UnMetal a shot since I'm a huge Metal Gear fan. Just gotta finish up the last of Hades first.

Anyone have any experience with getting a refund when Sony has incorrect info?
Chat support claimed that I downloaded the game but I do not have automatic downloads on and I never downloaded it manually.

Edit: Phone person said the same thing though she had 0 issue with granting me an exception. When I mentioned this to her she said it was probably a misunderstanding based on the reason for my request causing her to skip a step. Upon checking manually, she said the system had the correct info. Most likely the chat person made the same assumption but when disputed, didn't care enough to actually check and just doubled down unhelpfully. This is why phone support needs to stick around as an option.

You lost me.
Meat + Bread + Mayo

utzTCyo.png

Anyone have any experience with getting a refund when Sony has incorrect info?
Chat support claimed that I downloaded the game but I do not have automatic downloads on and I never downloaded it manually.

Edit: Phone person said the same thing though she had 0 issue with granting me an exception. When I mentioned this to her she said it was probably a misunderstanding based on the reason for my request causing her to skip a step. Upon checking manually, she said the system had the correct info. Most likely the chat person made the same assumption but when disputed, didn't care enough to actually check and just doubled down unhelpfully. This is why phone support needs to stick around as an option.
OOC what game was it? Same shit happened to me a couple weeks back with Deathloop. Pre ordered it, and decided I was going to wait as I have so many games I need to catch up on. Did the refund process which I have done before, and they said I downloaded the game when I in fact did not. Don't have automatic downloads on either. Also called into phone support and got the same response.

OOC what game was it? Same shit happened to me a couple weeks back with Deathloop. Pre ordered it, and decided I was going to wait as I have so many games I need to catch up on. Did the refund process which I have done before, and they said I downloaded the game when I in fact did not. Don't have automatic downloads on either. Also called into phone support and got the same response.
The Dark Crystal game. I only panic bought it because I expected it to be delisted after leaving Game Pass like the Stranger Things game, but it's still up. Even if it gets delisted at the end of the month, I don't think it's worth $20 to have it on a second platform after all. Stranger Things was at least half as cheap to get on another platform and supposedly a better game too.

When you explain the joke to someone who got the joke but you thought they didn't get the joke because you didn't get their joke and then they explain their joke to you.

Blockbuster Sale page (ends 10/14 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/1dbcb56a-d42f-4d2e-92fa-20f83f3f23f4/1

Games Under $15 Sale page (ends 10/14 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/afd7cea8-25fc-4274-8e2e-4e27c60f0bcc/1

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition is the Deal of the Week at $13.99 (ends 10/7 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1003-CUSA05333_00-SKYRIMHDFULLGAME/

If you don't have the SE of Skyrim, this is the lowest it has been on PSN in about 16 months and gets you the upgraded PS5 version, but not the bigger bundle that includes all of the paid user creation stuff in it.

Oh shit, Cyberpunk is on sale

Funny story about Cyberpunk now that I thought about it.

When I bought the CE for the game, i submitted that refund through CD Projekt Red.  Never heard anything, so I took the game back to Gamestop and they gave me my refund.  ironically this was the last day they were offering returns for the opened game.  Couple days later, CDPR refunded me the cost of the CE back to my PayPal, so I made like $300 bucks from the whole ordeal lol

bread's done
Back