Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I don't get why Odin Sphere retains it's higher prices when games like Dragon's Crown is routinely on sale for like $8. I'm still waiting for a sub-$10 pricetag.
Because Dragon’s Crown is populist scum, Odin Sphere is for discerning patricians.

And of course you can’t even buy Muramasa on a non-dead system, it’s just that good.

https://twitter.com/corybarlog/status/1443358763201695745
Wow, this is kinda neat. I get that... anything on the internet can be skewed because it's the internet... but some of these are really interesting/shocking but not surprising I guess since most of the winners are games more popular with the younger crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blockbuster Sale page (ends 10/14 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/1dbcb56a-d42f-4d2e-92fa-20f83f3f23f4/1

Games Under $15 Sale page (ends 10/14 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/afd7cea8-25fc-4274-8e2e-4e27c60f0bcc/1

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition is the Deal of the Week at $13.99 (ends 10/7 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1003-CUSA05333_00-SKYRIMHDFULLGAME/

If you don't have the SE of Skyrim, this is the lowest it has been on PSN in about 16 months and gets you the upgraded PS5 version, but not the bigger bundle that includes all of the paid user creation stuff in it.
Just a reminder that SE will have an upgrade, but it won't be free.

If you just care about base + expansions, SE on sale plus eventual upgrade fee will almost certainly be half what the Anniversary edition will cost, but the 13.99 itself is just setting the hook.

If you just care about base + expansions, SE on sale plus eventual upgrade fee will almost certainly be half what the Anniversary edition will cost, but the 13.99 itself is just setting the hook.
No, Frisky is right. SE's PS5 upgrade is free. It's the "Anniversary Content" that is a paid upgrade. The Anniversary Content is just a Creation Club mod collection though. Think Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Free upgrade, but an extra $20 if you want Spider-Man Remastered too.

No, Frisky is right. SE's PS5 upgrade is free. It's the "Anniversary Content" that is a paid upgrade. The Anniversary Content is just a Creation Club mod collection though. Think Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Free upgrade, but an extra $20 if you want Spider-Man Remastered too.
I'm seeing mixed messages on that, but okay.

I hope both y'all are right.

Looks like Playstation Plus in Asia gets a 4th game, Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationAsia/status/1443419557729738757

How many is that in the last few months? And which will be the first closed down by Sony like five or so former acquired studios?
Bluepoint and Nixxes are both specialized studios and not really doing any of their own projects. Either doing ports/remakes/remaster and the other is doing PC ports. I'm sure they're mostly supporting other studios. Seems pretty safe.

It's beyond a few months, but then you have Insomniac. And I think they've pretty much have proven themselves time and time again.

But then there is this one - and i have no idea what to make of it at all.

Looks like Sony is starting to release the firmware for VRR on the X900H HDMI 2.1 4K TV. They started releasing the update in China. The firmware update also adds ALLM and Android 10. Maybe this means VRR is coming on the PS5 soon. 

I can imagine they want to prove themselves to be more than just a remaster/remake machine, but I just hope that this was their idea and that Sony's expectations are adjusted accordingly.
https://twitter.com/nathan_brown/status/1443674095690915843?s=20

He's responding to Andy Robinson at Video Game Chronicle speaking about Bluepoint. I agree with his sentiment.

https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/en/article/REybYU3Gy2InVlHmus4UC/skyrim-10th-anniversary-fan-celebration

From Bethesda themselves:

Finally, we have some exciting announcements for the game itself. Current and future owners of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition on any platform including Xbox Game Pass Subscribers will receive access to three free pieces of Creation Club content: Fishing, Survival Mode and even new quests with Saints and Seducers. Additionally, Skyrim Special Edition owners on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S, as well as Xbox Game Pass subscribers on Xbox Series X|S will receive a free upgrade to an enhanced version on November 11 for their respective PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S systems!

We’re also excited to announce the most definitive version of Skyrim to date: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition. The Anniversary Edition includes Skyrim Special Edition and 74 creations, all 48 currently available and 26 to be released. These showcase over 500+ individual elements such as quests, items, armor, houses, etc.

Existing owners of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition and Xbox Game Pass subscribers will also receive the option to purchase an Anniversary Edition upgrade for their Special Edition version of the game to gain access to all the additional content found in the Anniversary Edition.
There are two different upgrades and they decided to make it extra confusing since they're slightly different in terms of the amount of premium creation stuff is included.

So my Skyrim for PSVR is not getting anything new but my Skyrim for Series X is getting new stuff and a free enhancement? I will take it. I was already 30 hours into Skyrim on my Xbox One X when I got my PSVR with Skyrim so didn't bother playing it but I do want to check out it. The new content would have been a good reason to play through in VR but oh well. It's really cool the devs are doing all of this.

Anyone got a good recommendation for an external SSD to use with the PS5 for PS4 games? I've been looking at reviews and a lot of them seem to have weird quirks like running very hot or slowing down during an extended download.

Are people who traded/sold their PS4 for a PS5 happy with the decision? 

I have a decent library of digital games and a few physical games that I still want to have access to if I upgrade.  

I have a decent library of digital games and a few physical games that I still want to have access to if I upgrade.

Yes. While I think the complaints that there are very few exclusives for this generation so far, I can't remember enjoying the first year of a generation this much. I traded my ps4 and xbox one for a ps5 and series x and the load times alone are worth the upgrade. As a working adult, being able to instantly jump into a game and not waste time on loading screens is incredible.

I sold my PS4 Pro when I got my PS5 and the free PSVR adapter. I haven't used VR with it yet, but I assume it's the same or better. I also haven't ran into a single game that doesn't run on the machine and most run better. About the only thing I miss is the themes, but I'm not bored of the PS5 theme just yet. It also helps I got $350 for the Pro + extra controller making the upgrade to the PS5 only $150 bucks. My Pro was also a launch version that luckily wasn't loud, but I was worried that it could get loud like most of them do, so I was glad to unload it.

I didn't sell my launch PS4, but I did give it to my sister. I don't really miss it as the PS5 runs the games better and I have an external HD for the PS5 games. With the super small HD for the PS5 I'd recommend an external for the PS4 games as well.

Looks like Playstation Plus in Asia gets a 4th game, Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood.
Can you log into the Asia store to get this? I absolutely love SotN. Already have it elsewhere and I heard the Requiem pack has no enhancements, so wouldn't ever buy it, but would be nice to have just to play on PS.

There are some small improvements made to Requiem. It has been on sale for about $5 before. I think I noticed that they also fixed localization, added trophies, and a new save feature.

I've used a 2.5" Western Digital Blue 3D and Sandisk Ultra 3D (they're basically the same drive) 2TB in a cheap enclosure with my PS5 and PS4 with no issues.

Very much so. Load times alone make it worthwhile. I have both the 5 and Series X. My PS4 pro and One X were both starting to sound like jet engines too often, so I cleaned them out and sold them on FB marketplace. No regrets.

I was able to finish God of War without having to turn up the volume due to the fan noise the pro was giving me. Just do it!

I kept my PS4 but I'm gonna echo the other responses - the load times alone are such a quality of life boost that if you get a disc edition to maintain physical access, you aren't gonna miss your PS4.

If you have the option, do it.

I kept my PS4 but I'm gonna echo the other responses - the load times alone are such a quality of life boost that if you get a disc edition to maintain physical access, you aren't gonna miss your PS4.

If you have the option, do it.
I have been complaining about load times ever since the N64/PS1 area. Boggled my mind how gamers would choose a PS1 game over an N64 one when the game loaded instantly on a 64 and took a minute or more on a PS1. I counted on sites like IGN Head to Head and Digital foundry to see which version of the game loaded the fastest in the PS2/GCN/Xbox gen(GCN games usually were the fastest) up until now. For years and years a lot of people told me that load times weren't a big deal and they didn't bother them. When I would point out certain devs like Nintendo and Sony made games with little to no load times and showed that if the devs cared enough, they could make load times way better, a lot of people told me it's not a high priority and there are reasons that games have long load times. So many would say go get something to drink or make a sandwich or use the bathroom when games loaded. Now all of a sudden, gamers care about load times? What a bunch of hooey. Just goes to show you that people will stick up for anything and then complain about it when it's deemed okay to do so.

ps4 made me not want to play games due to load times
like a quarter of my time in ib/mhw was load times
every witcher 3 death was like 2 min

in a world of working 40 hours shit drove me mad

iceborne lol

without an ssd would take 2 min to load in and out and the monster goes down in like 3-4 min sometimes

samsung external ssd was the best thing i ever bought for my ps4

bread's done
Back