Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Elden Ring looks really really good.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1456257561963864077?t=Miveef0_xEUwIM1sWdqKGg&s=19
So it's Dark Souls but with Benioff/Weiss dragons and Ubisoft "map fragments". Neither of those additions strike me as likely to improve on the formula.

Alright, to be fair it's clearly more like Dark Souls mashed up with Breath of the Wild. But again, not sure that mashup improves on the formula.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do wonder what George RR Martin's role is in it.
He basically just wrote lore and backstory for some of the characters, mostly bosses from what I’ve heard. FromSoft said he wrote a bunch of stuff and they took everything he wrote, cut out what they wanted to cut, and injected what they wanted in there.

Just so that no users miss it and regret it later, there is a ps5 upgrade for The Persistence. I’m not sure if it’s always going to be a free upgrade or if it’s only free for now while it’s a ps+ game. Just to be sure, you might want to claim both the PS4 version and the “enhanced edition” for ps5

Just so that no users miss it and regret it later, there is a ps5 upgrade for The Persistence. I’m not sure if it’s always going to be a free upgrade or if it’s only free for now while it’s a ps+ game. Just to be sure, you might want to claim both the PS4 version and the “enhanced edition” for ps5
just drawing more attention to this so there aren't any people that miss out on the ps5 upgrade like some missed out on Control

It's been a free PS4->PS5 upgrade since it was released back in June; I purchased it for free way back then by popping in my Persistence disc and just choosing the free upgrade download.

The big question is, if people purchase it right now as a free upgrade to their PS+ version, will it still run if their Plus ever expires, or will it check the validation of the original game and refuse because the original is no longer technically owned?

The upgrade removes the PS+ requirement so that it's yours to keep, too.

He basically just wrote lore and backstory for some of the characters, mostly bosses from what I’ve heard. FromSoft said he wrote a bunch of stuff and they took everything he wrote, cut out what they wanted to cut, and injected what they wanted in there.
This seems like such a waste, but we’ll see. Will there be a significant and noticeable difference in these areas compared to any Soulsborne game? I highly doubt it but I suppose we’ll find out.

Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 are being delisted tomorrow until they can get historical footage re-licensed for the games:

FDonUppWUAQHwJZ.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 are being delisted tomorrow until they can get historical footage re-licensed for the games:

FDonUppWUAQHwJZ.jpg
Interesting. I wonder if they'll renew the licenses or just cut the footage and re-release the games without it. Hopefully everyone that wants to play the games as they were originally intended and released already has it in one format or another.

Has anyone experienced the blue lights of death on PS5? The power to my house flickered for a brief second yesterday, and this morning my PS5 showed the PS logo but then went to a black screen. The lights on the console were also flashing blue.

I ended up having to boot into Safe Mode and tried restarting, changed output, cleared cache, rebuilt database…nothing worked except resetting the system, which wiped all local data including games. What a mess.

Has anyone experienced the blue lights of death on PS5? The power to my house flickered for a brief second yesterday, and this morning my PS5 showed the PS logo but then went to a black screen. The lights on the console were also flashing blue.

I ended up having to boot into Safe Mode and tried restarting, changed output, cleared cache, rebuilt database…nothing worked except resetting the system, which wiped all local data including games. What a mess.
I’ve seen my ps5 flash blue a few times before. Idk if it did it as long as it’s tho. Also few times my ps5 fully shut off. Luckily every time I just had to rebuild database

I've had a similar thing happen during a power surge but it wasn't as serve. I had to rebuild the database and it took forever. I didn't even have that much installed at the time. I thought the PS5 was DOA. Luckily when the process was completed everything was back to normal. Since that happened I always just shutdown my PS5. I had the console in rest mode when the surge happened.

I almost always just shut them down all the way as I worry about stuff happening while they are in rest mode.  But I also have evil cats that like to push buttons on the systems and controller so there's that.

Started playing the R&C remastered. My first R&C game. That gameplay paused pop up is already getting annoying and I googled how to turn it off and you can't so I will just have to deal with it. So lame.

Started playing the R&C remastered. My first R&C game. That gameplay paused pop up is already getting annoying and I googled how to turn it off and you can't so I will just have to deal with it. So lame.
That sucks, I remember being able to turn off that specific pop up notification on PS4. On PS5 you can turn off notification sounds so that might help slightly. Still that's pretty annoying.

Oh yeah, I had to deal with that with The Lego Movie: The Videogame. Whenever the games show clips from movies (like the Lego Movie game or R&C), they have to block it from being streamed due to some kind of copyright. Really annoying that they keep telling you. It's like, we get it after the first time, don't have to keep telling us.

I'm not even streaming or recording either. Good thing it's only in certain games. Still annoying that you can't turn it off. Oh well.

Some new sales today:

Remasters & Retro Sale (ends 11/18 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/1d32ca5f-2533-4ec0-aa70-a6a4bbeaed48/1

Games Under $20 Sale (ends 12/2 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/30826e82-088f-4cc2-aaa4-81507aa31353/1

Deal of the Week is Crash Bandicoot 4 at $29.99 (ends 11/20 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-PPSA02432_00-CB4THEGAME000001

There's also the November Savings Sale (ends 11/20 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/f286e0e7-bd92-4100-b9ff-7fbbfec31bc3/1

Black Friday deals should start on 11/19 based on the dates listed.

Castlevania Advance Collection is on sale already at $14.99.

I think I will wait until all the sales are done this year to see if Marvel Puzzle Quest DLC actually gets a discount. If it doesn't, I will concede that it never will.

I think I will wait until all the sales are done this year to see if Marvel Puzzle Quest DLC actually gets a discount. If it doesn't, I will concede that it never will.
Last time Dark Reign went on sale was in 2018. Rest of the smaller DLC's never have. At this point, I think it is safe to say they never will.

Reminder that GTA V's PS3 servers close on December 16th.  If you have any unfinished progress in the online portion, you have about a month to try and finish it.

Most lobbies have modders, but I did find a few that were populated with people just doing side missions and driving around.  You can still host private solo or friend/crew worlds to keep out pests.

https://twitter.com/R6Extraction/status/1458826989754798088?t=WFqxD7rvNUnt7Tz-8BtMlg&s=19
I cannot decide if this is good or bad. Ubisoft preemptively lowering the price makes me wonder if the game is short or too simple for longevity. Or maybe the interest isn't there, so they want to gain some positive interest by lowering the cost ahead of the inevitable Ubisoft 2 month price drop standard.

It looks like it could be fun, but it also looks like you need friends to play it to make it have a lifespan. I just hope it doesn't have some awful community in it like Siege...

We'll speak hypothetically.

If I played a game that I'm under an NDA for, I may not have liked it very much.

For no particular reason, this post is for The Ebbtide.

If I played a game that I'm under an NDA for, I may not have liked it very much.

I played the last alpha build and it was embarrassingly bad. I was invited to the recent test and I didn't even bother. I got 5 friend invites but also didn't bother with that either. I have a feeling it's going to flop hard.

So, hypothetically, would this fictional game be okay at a much lower price (like under $20), or is this an unplayable and underwhelming experience?

I lightly play Siege because of Game Pass. I don't think I would play it ordinarily (though I think it's fine, the community is the issue, and I have no friends to play with). I definitely would not buy Siege for more than $20. Is this hypothetical game worse than that?

Again, this is a discussion about some concepts. I don't want anyone to get into trouble. I appreciate the alert to save my money.

I played the last alpha build and it was embarrassingly bad. I was invited to the recent test and I didn't even bother. I got 5 friend invites but also didn't bother with that either. I have a feeling it's going to flop hard.
Thank you, also.

Speaking hypothetically...

It's possible to assume I haven't had much time to game lately, so any experiences I've had with games have been quite brief.

If there was a limited time window in which a tactical game was available to play, it's likely I might have tried to play it one night for only a little while.

I have played a fair bit of Siege and was on it pretty much from the beginning, but it's been a few years since I was really into it, around the time that the operator that hides from cameras and the other one that can hack phones were introduced. I reinstalled it and gave it a go after the game was patched for Series X, but not since.

My impression of this newer game shown above by Frisky, and speaking purely from what I've seen on Twitter and official sources and hypothetically still, is that it seems like they turned Terrorist Hunt into a standalone title, and it's only slightly more interesting. Or like that one-off event from a few years ago where they had that L4D-type mode, but not even as good as that was.

It doesn't look like a title that would be great solo, so you'd have to play online with randoms or friends, like other similar objective PVE games. Randoms can make games like that frustrating if they don't know what they're doing.

$40 seems like a lot for a concept that's already in the base game (though admittedly simplified) and kinda not worth playing anyway.

Again, just speculating.

Despite what Edmund was saying, it seems that The Binding of Isaac: Repentance does support save transferring to the PS5 version:

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/1453803325598494720

bread's done
Back