Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Wait, is there time limited content in this? I’ve been curious and waiting on a good sale to try it out, but if there’s time-gated content, forget it.
They aren't major things.

The game is built more about exploration and the experience and these things have just been minor items that were available for a time.

The Outer Wilds is worth $15, right? I've heard nothing but good things, but I've been holding off for whatever unknown reason (lower price maybe - which seems unlikely to happen anytime soon). Somebody sell me on it, please.

The Outer Wilds is worth $15, right? I've heard nothing but good things, but I've been holding off for whatever unknown reason (lower price maybe - which seems unlikely to happen anytime soon). Somebody sell me on it, please.
It’s really great. Cool environments, fascinating story, plenty of mystery and exploration. Doesn’t overstay its welcome. I haven’t played the DLC yet, but it’s one of the best games I played last year.

PS5 is coming Monday and picked up Deathloop for $25. Any other cheapish recs (sub $30)? RE village for $19.99??? Haven't played a RE game since RE4 on GameCube.😄

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s really great. Cool environments, fascinating story, plenty of mystery and exploration. Doesn’t overstay its welcome. I haven’t played the DLC yet, but it’s one of the best games I played last year.
I liked it but i could never finish it (with the long ending anyway) because of that stupid last area where you have to go super slow and can't see anything. With that being right at the end of the 20-ish minute loop I kept screwing up right at the end or running out of time just outside the stupid final ship thing. I got so frustrated with it I just gave it up. I was able to get the "funny" ending (with the funny music that is), though, so I guess in a way I completed it anyway. I just felt like it was a great game ruined by that horrible part you have to traverse at the end. If that was up front you could keep redoing it and perfecting but it takes so long to get there.

Finally hooked up the PS5 last night. Good lord, Sony! I knew they were big but this thing is ridiculous. It barely fit on my shelves and towers over the Series X. Also, apparently I did claim FF VII Remake on PS+. I can upgrade that to the PS5 version for free, right? I just can't get the DLC unless I pay for the PS5 version from what I understand. Maybe I'll just play that and not worry about the DLC unless I absolutely love it. On the other hand, my FF VII Intergrade did arrive today from Target...

Also, to answer one of my earlier questions, the PS+ collection is still available. So I have a ton of games to play from that as well, though I take it none of those are PS5 enhanced.

Finally hooked up the PS5 last night. Good lord, Sony! I knew they were big but this thing is ridiculous. It barely fit on my shelves and towers over the Series X. Also, apparently I did claim FF VII Remake on PS+. I can upgrade that to the PS5 version for free, right?
They made the ps+ version ineligible for the upgrade.

The PS5 is one of the ugliest systems I own. I just don't like it's size or the look. Also the stand isn't too hot, as I feel it doesn't hold the system that well. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I really liked most of the older systems looks. I even have the little models for all the PS console systems up to the PS4. Only one I wasn't crazy about was the PS3 phat original in that set of systems.

Of the older systems, I think I like the PS3 Slim the most. I'm still wondering when a PS5 Slim will be available. Or at least, a better form factor instead of looking like a building from Dubai.

Of the older systems, I think I like the PS3 Slim the most. I'm still wondering when a PS5 Slim will be available. Or at least, a better form factor instead of looking like a building from Dubai.
That's what I'm waiting for. The PS5 Slim and by then, it will have plenty of new games and not PS4 enhancements.

That's what I'm waiting for. The PS5 Slim and by then, it will have plenty of new games and not PS4 enhancements.
I don't know all the next gen exclusives without doing research but Astro's playroom, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Returnal and the increased performance for PSVR games and those PS4 enhancements makes the console worth it to me even in it's huge, bulky form.

If we're gonna list favorites...

Original Master System;
Original Genesis;
Dreamcast;
GameCube;
Original Wii;
PS4 Slim

I like a compact design, what can I say?

250px-PSone-Console-Set-NoLCD.jpg

I liked most of the system designs besides the ps3 anorexic slim.  That things ugly.  Handheld wise I'd probably say the ds lite and dsi were my favorites due to the clamshell design and not having easily lost battery packs like their predecessors. Love the vita but it really could have benefittied from a fold over to the screen or something.  Gba wise I had a light accessory that doubled as a lid which was really nice to protect the screen. Before that I just put the gbc worm lights in upsidedown and bent them around to use that haha.

Has anyone played the new Outriders content? I’m contemplating it for $10 at GameFly but it seemed to have a rocky launch.
i re ordered it to play the new content. rocky launch i am not sure what you mean i played it a few months after launch and game was great. i plat it on ps4 and ps5 no problems.

If only I could find a 500 LE PS4 in great condition and not overpriced. People be selling dirty scratched up ones and I can tell it’s from GameStop or somethin

Ratchet and Clank experts, which PS2 games got remade for PS3 and do you think Sony might remaster some for PS5. Maybe like 5 games on one disc? There seems to be like 12 games in the series so let me know the best course of action. Gamestop is having a B2G2 sale on PS3 gen and older games so now is a good time to stock up. 

Also, if you have played Crysis Remastered Trilogy on PS5, how is the dualsense controller? Load times are probably around the same time as a Series X and DF showed that both versions run pretty much the same but nothing about load times or Dualsense integration. These things are important to me when choosing which version to buy.

Ratchet and Clank experts, which PS2 games got remade for PS3 and do you think Sony might remaster some for PS5. Maybe like 5 games on one disc? There seems to be like 12 games in the series so let me know the best course of action. Gamestop is having a B2G2 sale on PS3 gen and older games so now is a good time to stock up.
Not an expert, but played most of them. There's a R&C collection for ps3 that includes the ps2 trilogy. Not instock on gs and probably expensive physically now. The ps3 releases, Tools of Destruction, Carck in Time, Into the Nexus are all good. My favorite is Crack in Time. There's also an original ps4 release which Sony has made free a number of different ways now.

Also, if you have played Crysis Remastered Trilogy on PS5, how is the dualsense controller? Load times are probably around the same time as a Series X and DF showed that both versions run pretty much the same but nothing about load times or Dualsense integration. These things are important to me when choosing which version to buy.
I would recommend checking out PS Now for the older Ratchet games. Quite a few on there.

I would recommend checking out PS Now for the older Ratchet games. Quite a few on there.
That's a great idea! I have a free month of PS now that came with a controller I bought like 3 years ago on BF. I will see which games are on there and then I will know which games I need to buy.

So I checked and there are only 5 games on PSnow but that's better than nothing.

12 minutes sucks.
I spent about 12 minutes with it.

Game felt too dumb for what I considered valid paths/plans. No idea what I was supposed to actually do after something I thought to be pretty clever was a no-go.

Flipped the light switch on and off once so I could hide in the room and force the "cop" to electrocute himself, then force feed the sleeping pills from the bathroom to keep him knocked out while the real police arrived, game over. But I'm guessing the wife has a twisted backstory and she's the one you're supposed to kill/defeat once you're sure. Whatever, I was bored and it was free on Game Pass.

Also, to answer one of my earlier questions, the PS+ collection is still available. So I have a ton of games to play from that as well, though I take it none of those are PS5 enhanced.
God of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Days Gone, and Ratchet & Clank have enhancements.

Nier Replicant was on sale for $15 at Walmart earlier today. I didn't see it until hours later and it was long sold out. Here's hoping Amazon price matches. That's gotta be the best deal of this BF.

Nier Replicant was on sale for $15 at Walmart earlier today. I didn't see it until hours later and it was long sold out. Here's hoping Amazon price matches. That's gotta be the best deal of this BF.
Amazon usually copies Walmart or vice versa. Problem is I don’t even see any Nier replicant ps4 or gotg cosmic deluxe ps5 sold by Amazon on their site

I jumped on the Samsung 980 Pro 2tb that was at NewEgg for $279.99 early this morning and ordered this heatsink for it.  I don't know if the discount code on the SDD is still valid, though, it no longer mentions it on the product page.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1463794573319098375

I'm still trying to find a good deal on a 1 or 2 TB external SSD. I was hoping a 2tb would be around $80 by now but it looks like it will take longer for that as I am only seeing 1 TB for that price.

Noticed in the Indie Sale that there are a bunch of cheap games that people that follows the Switch eShop's super cheap games will recognize. It's a bunch of stuff from QUByte, Forever Entertainment, etc. among others. I don't know what all is quality stuff, 

Timberman VS is $0.19 and is just a wood-chopping game where you press left or right to chop and avoid branches coming down.

Inferno 2 is a solid dual-stick shooter RPG with an easy plat for $1.99.

Kamiko is a good Zelda-like puzzler action game for $2.99.

Minesweeper Genius is a good minesweeper/picross/sudoku mashup puzzle game for $1.19.

I remember people saying good things about Mana Spark as a roguelite action RPG for $0.99 with PS+, $1.99 without.

Vasara Collection is another game I've heard a lot of good about as a shmup.

Downwell is a great shooting platformer roguelike for $1.64.

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones is a great puzzle platformer for $0.99 for PS+, $1.99 without.

Cat Quest is a great action RPG with lots of cat puns for $1.94.

The Swapper is a great puzzle platformer for $0.74 with PS+, $2.24 without.

Cat Quest is a great action RPG with lots of cat puns for $1.94.
Thanks! Snagged this. It doesn't show up if you sort the sale by "Under $1.99" for some reason (at least on the web site) - have to search for it to find it. I guess that's because the "Under $1.99" is based on the original price, not the sale price.

Went back to grab The Swapper, but apparently I already own it (maybe a previous PS+ game?).

Thanks! Snagged this. It doesn't show up if you sort the sale by "Under $1.99" for some reason (at least on the web site) - have to search for it to find it. I guess that's because the "Under $1.99" is based on the original price, not the sale price.
Pick up the sequel too for $6, or maybe try to play Cat Quest before the sale ends to see if you want the sequel, too (they're both short and awesome).

Went back to grab The Swapper, but apparently I already own it (maybe a previous PS+ game?).

I picked up the PS4 disc version of Cat Quest 1/2. The game is definitely simple yet fun. All fetch quests. And once you get the uber powerful gear, you can play through the endgame. Didn't play the sequel yet as it seems it's more of a co-op game. My partner & I haven't had any time to sit down and play together, and I don't want to solo it either.

I have cat quest 1 on switch and that’s really the way to have it. I’ll grab it for like 20 min before bed and it’s perfect. Not sure I’d enjoy it as much if I weren’t playing handheld

bread's done
Back