Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
That’s what happens when people keep saying “I’ll wait till it’s on ps plus” the same thing probably happened with driveclub. Is it confirmed that there’s no ps5 upgrade for mortal shell?

That’s what happens when people keep saying “I’ll wait till it’s on ps plus” the same thing probably happened with driveclub. Is it confirmed that there’s no ps5 upgrade for mortal shell?
Mortal Shell Enhanced Edition is the free ps5 upgrade. Not sure if it works with the ps+ version.

Should show up as free when you own the game.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3639-PPSA02868_00-6737177636262712

Also this is the free DLC.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3639-PPSA02868_00-3825582632634185

Last edited by a moderator:
How do people have time to play the bad games like Godfall while I can't even make it through my backlog of good games across all systems. Is there some hyperbolic time chamber I don't know about? I don't even care about achievements or trophies...just beating the base campaigns.

How do people have time to play the bad games like Godfall while I can't even make it through my backlog of good games across all systems. Is there some hyperbolic time chamber I don't know about? I don't even care about achievements or trophies...just beating the base campaigns.
Some people have more free time than we do and or play games faster I guess. I just finished my 12th game for the year. boils down to 1 per month basically. Though I might finish one or 2 more depending on time and what I play.

Because the game is totally fine, I put about 50 hours into it and enjoyed most of the experience. People have different tastes in things, I could make the same dumb comment about anyone who bought Far Cry 6 or is going to play Halo soon or insert whatever game you want here.

We get it you play Knack, one of the best games ever made

Not that I was super excited about Godfall but was considering giving it a shot. With this recent announcement about a Challenge Edition I am not even going to bother adding it to my library as this is nothing but a glorified demo. Even with a meh campaign, I could have had something to laugh at/with for a little bit before inevitably uninstalling it to work on my backlog. Now, there is no incentive to do so. 

I do hope this does not become a trend with PS+ releasing paired down versions of their games. It's already getting bad enough with them tossing in a dying online only game each month. 

HELP!!! I had a power outage earlier today. Went to play my PS5 and knew it would give me the message not to unplug without shutting it down properly etc so it goes through that but when it gets back to the white Playstation Logo, it goes away and the screen is black. I google it and I need to put it in safe mode so I do and I have done all the steps except resetting the PS5 but the only one that went through was updating the software and then it goes to the logo and same thing.

All the other ones require a restart so I get the same thing every time. It gets the the Playstation logo and after 30 seconds, I hear the fan go off and then the logo disappears about 10 seconds later and the screen is black. Blue light just slowly flashes on the console and screen stays black. At first I just though it was slowly resetting to the main menu but I have kept it on as long as 5 minutes and nothing. It's too late to call Sony. I really don't want to have to reset it and lose everything including my saves since I Gameshare with the user that has PS+ so I don't get to backup my saves I don't think. I was really far in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart too. I have uplugged everything including my external HDD, but nothing is working. I've even tried my Series X HDMI cable And yes, I have already played my Series X after the outage and it's fine.

Am I screwed? It seems most people get it working after a simple system update or repair database but again, those options reset the PS5 but the logo goes away to ta black screen so I can't get to anything after that. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Idk I think that happened to me before. Fully turn it off. Unplug the power cable for a while. Replug then turn it on
Unplugged it for 45 min. Turned it on and same thing. I will unplug it all night and try again tomorrow. If I don't get any fixes from this thread or more research, I'll call Sony. I am dreading having to reset and lose everything. I have a lot of PS4 saves on there. Big/long games too that I am still not done with or about to play the DLC. It really sucks it's not automatic like Xbox. Why is this console so touchy when it comes to power? My Series X and Switch have no problems. Even PS4 was sensitive.

No, the campaign is tedious and boring since it's just slowly improving combat with no good story to push you through it. The endgame stuff is supposed to be the best part, but nobody sees it because you have to play through the campaign first and that's a talk ask for people.

I don't know that this is the best way to handle that instead of offering both the campaign and a means for creating an endgame-ready character to just jump to that content for PS+. Instead, they're treating it like the campaign is some precious thing you definitely need to pay for while making this version that suggests you definitely shouldn't unless you're that kind of person.
So they're doing people a favor because they designed a shit campaign, which is like most games with an endgame regardless. I gotta say, that gets props from me because I hate leveling in grind games and just want to start the game at max level where gameplay actually starts. If the core combat is solid, might be worth booting up the PS5 for the second time this year heh.

I am currently researching to see if I can get into my console settings on my phone and just sub to PS+ on a free trial and then enable cloud saves. Is this possible?

Just reset the console and redownload all your shit.

Also, invest in a power strip. You can thank me later.

Just reset the console and redownload all your shit.

Also, invest in a power strip. You can thank me later.
It's connected to a power strip. Everything I own is. If I reset the console, I lose ALL my saved data. That would suck big time and I am not going to do that unless Sony tells me I'm screwed and tries every option they have.

Unplugged it for 45 min. Turned it on and same thing. I will unplug it all night and try again tomorrow. If I don't get any fixes from this thread or more research, I'll call Sony. I am dreading having to reset and lose everything. I have a lot of PS4 saves on there. Big/long games too that I am still not done with or about to play the DLC. It really sucks it's not automatic like Xbox. Why is this console so touchy when it comes to power? My Series X and Switch have no problems. Even PS4 was sensitive.
U unplugged it from the ps5 or from the outlet? Mines connected to a surge protector and whenever my ps5 had some issue like freezing and can’t turn off the console, I unplug the power cable from the ps5 instead of unplugging the power cable from surge protector. Idk if that makes any difference but whenever I did that it just restarted fine just had to rebuilt database every time

It's connected to a power strip. Everything I own is. If I reset the console, I lose ALL my saved data. That would suck big time and I am not going to do that unless Sony tells me I'm screwed and tries every option they have.
I posted about this recently. YT videos call it the blue lights of death, and I ended up having to reset my console and lost everything saved to the internal SSD. I tried all of the other options (unplugged console, safe mode) and nothing worked.

I posted about this recently. YT videos call it the blue lights of death, and I ended up having to reset my console and lost everything saved to the internal SSD. I tried all of the other options (unplugged console, safe mode) and nothing worked.
Same here...thunderstorm over the summer did the same thing to my PS5: had the reinstall EVERYTHING. at least my saves were backed up thanks to a similar situation on my PS4 when they weren't lol

U unplugged it from the ps5 or from the outlet? Mines connected to a surge protector and whenever my ps5 had some issue like freezing and can’t turn off the console, I unplug the power cable from the ps5 instead of unplugging the power cable from surge protector. Idk if that makes any difference but whenever I did that it just restarted fine just had to rebuilt database every time
Unplugged from the console and the surge protector. I just got up and tried it and same thing is happening.

Same here...thunderstorm over the summer did the same thing to my PS5: had the reinstall EVERYTHING. at least my saves were backed up thanks to a similar situation on my PS4 when they weren't lol
It really sucks that cloud saves aren't free and automatic like Microsoft. It also sucks that you can't gameshare cloud saves. I do Gameshare and he has PS+. I used USB storage with my PS4 but never thought to do that with my PS5. If I do have to reset it, I will be losing 7 years of game saves. I'm still hoping that Sony can somehow keep my game saves in tact or get me subbed to PS+ on their end and back them up to the cloud. They open in 45 min so I will call then and see. It's gonna really suck losing everything.

OMG! I just tried their online chat and that was useless. Dude told me to unplug it for 60 seconds and turn it back on and if that doesn't work, boot into safe mode and reset the console and as I was typing my reply, the chat ended.

Why is this console so touchy when it comes to power? My Series X and Switch have no problems. Even PS4 was sensitive.
Switch has a battery, so why would it be affected by power outages? If it was a storm, then you should shut down systems instead of leaving them on sleep. Otherwise, get battery backup. I know it doesn't help you now, but most systems can have issues from instant shut downs.

Switch has a battery, so why would it be affected by power outages? If it was a storm, then you should shut down systems instead of leaving them on sleep. Otherwise, get battery backup. I know it doesn't help you now, but most systems can have issues from instant shut downs.
I had it in standby mode. No storm just a random power outage in the area. Series X had no problems. Everything else works fine. Battery backup for what? So because of Sony's weird power issues I have to buy something else to fix the problem? That makes zero sense. I am calling up Sony now.

I had it in standby mode. No storm just a random power outage in the area. Series X had no problems. Everything else works fine. Battery backup for what? So because of Sony's weird power issues I have to buy something else to fix the problem? That makes zero sense. I am calling up Sony now.
Because you got lucky with your Xbox. It has nothing to do with Sony. It was on a sleep mode, so power outages can affect both.

Because you got lucky with your Xbox. It has nothing to do with Sony. It was on a sleep mode, so power outages can affect both.
If I don't power down the PS5 right, it freaks out and gets mad at me. Same thing with PS4. Xbox One, One S, One X and Series X all couldn't care less how I power it down. It works every time.

UPDATE, I have to send it in. She says this was the only option to keep my saves since I tried everything else and didn't want to reset the system. She guaranteed that my saved data will be safe. It will take a couple of days to get the box and shipping label. She says it could take up to a month but it should be no more than a week or so once they get it. This sucks but as long as my saves are in tact, I will take this as a learning experience and back up the saves to a USB flash drive like I did with my PS4 from now on.

There is risk to any electronic plugged into a power outlet, but there’s no denying that Sony has a bad software issue with the PS5. Even at launch, putting the console on standby could cause the registry rebuilding error. Like Freeze Time said, I’ve never had problems like these with Xbox…I don’t think it’s solely luck.

Another WORSE update. Called again because I noticed the apartment number was not on the info sent to me and I get told I was misinformed and the save data will have to be wiped and all they are going to do reset the system on their end and send it back. There is no way to save the data. I'm like, I could have done that last night and I was told to send it in to save my data. Get told that's not possible and sorry I was misinformed. All this because I don't have Playstation Plus or rather Gameshare with someone that does but I can't access it. MS is so much better at this. 7 years of saves gone.

Another WORSE update. Called again because I noticed the apartment number was not on the info sent to me and I get told I was misinformed and the save data will have to be wiped and all they are going to do reset the system on their end and send it back. There is no way to save the data. I'm like, I could have done that last night and I was told to send it in to save my data. Get told that's not possible and sorry I was misinformed. All this because I don't have Playstation Plus or rather Gameshare with someone that does but I can't access it. MS is so much better at this. 7 years of saves gone.
Sorry to hear that, FT. I’ve gotta say, it’s strange you were told that the data could be saved in the first place. If it’s anything like a computer, most times if there’s some kind of power surge or problem that affects the drive, the software corruption that can occur is more often than not unable to be fixed without a wipe and clean reinstall, erasing all the data currently on the drive. This is especially true of SSDs, which is why IT pros should stress consistent backups since data recovery is problematic at best and damn near impossible at worst. Learning this might be a Sony infrastructure thing is even more disturbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not trying to be callous or anything like that, but you knew you were not backing up your saves and were choosing to gameshare with someone else who had a subscription to Plus.

I agree that the Sony system isn't a great one, but it's a known one. It's the same way that Nintendo operates their save backups, you have to pay for it or do it manually.

It sucks that you have lost your saves, but it is something you have to take on yourself if you're choosing not to pay for PS Plus.

Look, I am not asking for a lot. You'd think Sony would be able to access the SSD to get my saves. That's all I need for them to do. Plug in a program, transfer my saved data to it and then transfer it back when the system is fixed. I am told all they are going to do is go into safe mode and got to option 6 and then send the console back. I could have done that last night. Supervisor just told me the same thing. He agreed that it seems like a simply solution to just get the saves from the SSD. Encouraged me to fill out the satisfaction survey and let Sony know what happened and it may lead to improvements. Dude didn't even offer me anything to soften the blow. I am pissed. The system turns on. Sony should be able to access my saves.

Look, I am not asking for a lot. You'd think Sony would be able to access the SSD to get my saves. That's all I need for them to do. Plug in a program, transfer my saved data to it and then transfer it back when the system is fixed. *snip* The system turns on. Sony should be able to access my saves.
That's not how SSDs work, especially nowadays where there's a chip on board that spreads out usage.

Maybe they could do that technically, but why would they? They never offered to do that, they'd have to do it for everyone who lost their saves, and even more people would pass on subscribing to PS+? I'm sure there are even people out there willing to pay money for their lost saves. If you lost data on a computer, you'd be looking at paying hundreds or even thousands to get someone to recover your data for you.

How do you lose seven years of saves on a console that's been out for one year? Did you never back up your PS4 saves when you had one? And I'm guessing you no longer own that PS4 anymore?

Actually sticking up for Sony? So I should pay for PS+ even though I already have PS+ with gameshare simply to back up saves on my console I bought in March that has already busted on me? That makes a whole lot of sense. Yes, I should have backed up with a USB flash like I did with my PS4 but I didn't start doing that until 3 years in. I didn't expect that I had to make sure to backup my PS5 that isn't even a year old. Has anyone here ever lost 7 years of playstaton gaming or other systems saves? It really sucks. Besides all my PS4 games I've been playing over the years, I was near the end of Rift Apart and will now have to do that all over again. That's the least of my worries though. Now yes, games I've already beaten and would just start a fresh game if I play them again being gone is one thing, but other games were ongoing and now I will have to start all over again. This just sucks. Microsoft has the best solution in place. Cloud saves for anyone that has a gamertag and internet. Buy a new system and everything is transferred. No subscription necessary.

Why would they help me out and access my saved data? Really? Do you work for Sony? Geez. Can't you be objective? Paying for the cloud should be nothing but convenience. Pay for a service to make sure your data is saved right away or you will have to send it into us and be without your system for 2 weeks. My data shouldn't be gone forever. It's not my fault Sony has a flawed power issue.

How do you lose seven years of saves on a console that's been out for one year? Did you never back up your PS4 saves when you had one? And I'm guessing you no longer own that PS4 anymore?
Sold it when I got the PS5. System transferred all the data to the PS5. I backed up data to a thumb drive a year or 2 ago that might be around here somewhere but that's not going to work by putting it in a PS5. Will probably make me format it which will lose everything on there.

Actually sticking up for Sony?
Not having free cloud save is a valid criticism. Almost everything else is a poor understanding of technology.

Hell, you can even pay for Nintendo's Cloud storage and still lose your Animal Crossing island.

Actually sticking up for Sony? So I should pay for PS+ even though I already have PS+ with gameshare simply to back up saves on my console I bought in March that has already busted on me?
You are stating the point right there. You're gamesharing with someone who is paying for the service, which is a choice. You chose to save money when you bought the console. You could easily pay $25-30 a year for the service you're lamenting not having now.

Again, it does suck that you lost your saves, but you did say that you used to back up your saves on your PS4 in the past, but haven't been doing it since getting the PS5. I do feel bad for you, and while it's definitely debatable as to whether or not Sony should back up saves with the PS service, you really need to own the fact that your choices put you in this position.

Not having free cloud save is a valid criticism. Almost everything else is a poor understanding of technology.

Hell, you can even pay for Nintendo's Cloud storage and still lose your Animal Crossing island.
I know for a fact that console saves can be transferred over and saved. It happen on an older console I had to send in. The saved data was in tact and transferred to the new system. It's just strange to me that in 2021, Sony can't access my saves if I give them my console that turns on. Can't or won't. I am sure the technology is there. Hard to believe they can't just plug in a tool and see my saves and copy them.

You are stating the point right there. You're gamesharing with someone who is paying for the service, which is a choice. You chose to save money when you bought the console. You could easily pay $25-30 a year for the service you're lamenting not having now.

Again, it does suck that you lost your saves, but you did say that you used to back up your saves on your PS4 in the past, but haven't been doing it since getting the PS5. I do feel bad for you, and while it's definitely debatable as to whether or not Sony should back up saves with the PS service, you really need to own the fact that your choices put you in this position.
Yeah, how dare I expect a console I bought back in March to not stop working on me. It's a well known fact PS5's only last 6 months. Man I'm so dumb.

I know for a fact that console saves can be transferred over and saved. It happen on an older console I had to send in. The saved data was in tact and transferred to the new system. It's just strange to me that in 2021, Sony can't access my saves if I give them my console that turns on. Can't or won't. I am sure the technology is there. Hard to believe they can't just plug in a tool and see my saves and copy them.
Repeat after me: S. S. D.

It was a lot easier to recover data on traditional HDDs. SSDs, you literally lose track of where what data is written and you literally cannot read every block sequentially, because that's how SSD tech works to deal with wear and tear.

Look, I too am sorry you lost your data. And yes, I wish Sony would at least have free (or cheap tier) for cloud saves. My gripe isn't that you didn't back up your saves; just that you're blaming things that are innocent, or ignoring things that are as guilty.

Repeat after me: S. S. D.

It was a lot easier to recover data on traditional HDDs. SSDs, you literally lose track of where what data is written and you literally cannot read every block sequentially, because that's how SSD tech works to deal with wear and tear.

Look, I too am sorry you lost your data. And yes, I wish Sony would at least have free (or cheap tier) for cloud saves. My gripe isn't that you didn't back up your saves; just that you're blaming things that are innocent, or ignoring things that are as guilty.
You have an 8 month old console you bought for over $500 fail on you and wipe out 7 years of game saves and get back to me. So SSD's have a major flaw. I thought they were the next best thing.

Sold it when I got the PS5. System transferred all the data to the PS5. I backed up data to a thumb drive a year or 2 ago that might be around here somewhere but that's not going to work by putting it in a PS5. Will probably make me format it which will lose everything on there.
Can you buy a used PS4 from GameStop or borrow one from a friend, buy PS+, back your saves up into the cloud and return the PS4? Or would it initialize the thumb drive since it's not your original PS4?

This is the only reason I continue to subscribe to PS+ as I'd hate to lose my saved data. Never mind the fact I'll most likely never play said games again but it's nice to know I have them available in case I do get that urge. That said, I usually get a year from CDKeys for $30 or so because $60 a year for something Steam does for free is nothing short of comical.

The only time in recent months I can think losing a save bit me was when I decided to finally tackle all the DLC for Dragon Age Inquisition. Turns out I did not have PS+ at the PS4's launch therefore did not have a backed up save of DA:I on hand. I was not going to replay that whole game again to get to the DLC parts.

bread's done
Back