Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
But if you think Microsoft doesn't have Sony a bit concerned, then how did we go from last year there will be no game pass equivalent on PlayStation to one is about to be launched next year?
So far from the rumored article it sounds like PS Now and PS Plus are just combining and offering different tiers of subscription. There are no mentions of 1st party games hitting the service on day one, so the service is not equivalent to Game Pass.

So far from the rumored article it sounds like PS Now and PS Plus are just combining and offering different tiers of subscription. There are no mentions of 1st party games hitting the service on day one, so the service is not equivalent to Game Pass.
As a true OG cheapass gamer I like the idea of different tiers. Its not gamepass, but in the way isn't that good? If you need those day 1 games on a subscription service then get Xbox (not a diss - gamepass is great!). But I'm excited to see more about what Sony will cook up.

"PlayStation Plus members who claimed Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End via their PlayStation Plus subscription are not eligible for the $10/€10 digital PS5 upgrade."

This is really dumb. Sony is screwing up the upgrade path. Microsoft is destroying them in this area. Charging $10 is bad enough but for them to not allow this version of the game to be upgraded if you choose is another ridiculous choice.
I am pretty sure the reasoning behind this is they do not want the upgrade to be free. But if your ownership of the game is tied to your PSN sub and you upgrade and let it lapse you won't have access to the game anymore which in turn means you can't access the item you legit paid money for which would be even worse). So they are doing it this way to keep that from being an issue. Do I wish it was free, sure. But the fact they seem to be giving you a $5 upgrade for each game or in my case a free game, I can't complain. We shall see how it pans out when it is released.

Ah yes, always a great argument when you say a company should value its shareholders over its consumers. Of course, that's how companies work, but it shouldn't be extremely obvious to the consumers.

How long will Sony be frontrunning especially with all of these piss poor decisions? Xbox outsold PlayStation globally over black Friday. Of course, that could be supply, time will tell if it is more than that. But if you think Microsoft doesn't have Sony a bit concerned, then how did we go from last year there will be no game pass equivalent on PlayStation to one is about to be launched next year?

Nobody said anything about the company being a buddy, is that what they were last gen when they offered a robust rewards program, were friendly to indies, gave out random $10 PSN money to loyal fans, on and on? Nah instead they have burned all good will they earned last gen and continue to dig with blatant greed. They think they can offer a couple of big blockbuster games a year while continually shitting on everything that made people flock to them last gen and it just isn't going to work that way, well it does work for Nintendo, so who knows? Also, I'm not buying the upgrade, not sure why you assumed otherwise.
Lol, I like how you shit on their blockbuster exclusives like it's no big thing. It's probably the #1 thing anyone buying a PlayStation would want it for, and on that front, they deliver in spades. It's always about the games, so between their AAA games, Japanese games, and fighting games which all tend to congregate on Sony's platform, they'll comfortably hold the software advantage for most people for at least a few more years.

Imagine telling the market leader that they should copy their distant, last-place competitor and create a subscription service that's not only unprofitable, but would decimate their core business as no one would want to pay $70 for games. That would be really dumb of them since there are people like me willing to pay $100 for games we really, really enjoy, though titles like that are few and far between. They're not going to put their exclusives in a subscription service permanently, let alone on day one, so it's not quite like Game Pass. Rather, they'll rebrand PS Now and add more PS4 games since those are downloadable, and possibly expand the classic games lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:
A way to pay for just the ability to play online - no free games, cloud saves etc. - for $30~ a year would finally get me to try PS+. I haven't paid for it once since upgrading from my PS3 four or so years ago so I just don't play online games even though Guilty Gear, Monster Hunter etc. do look fun. 

Free games I wasn't going to play anyway, discounts on games I wasn't going to play, etc. do not add value to the service in my case. $60 yearly just to play games online via the internet I already pay for just isn't cool. 

I just bought UC4 from Gamestop a couple of weeks back as part of the B2G1. I already owned UC-LL. Wish I had chosen some other game and just used this $10 upgrade to get both.

A way to pay for just the ability to play online - no free games, cloud saves etc. - for $30~ a year would finally get me to try PS+. I haven't paid for it once since upgrading from my PS3 four or so years ago so I just don't play online games even though Guilty Gear, Monster Hunter etc. do look fun.

Free games I wasn't going to play anyway, discounts on games I wasn't going to play, etc. do not add value to the service in my case. $60 yearly just to play games online via the internet I already pay for just isn't cool.
CDKeys recently had it for $35. Just reupped. I am on the opposite end. I am only paying for the monthly games as I never really play online only but a handful of times throughout the year.

CDKeys recently had it for $35. Just reupped. I am on the opposite end. I am only paying for the monthly games as I never really play online only but a handful of times throughout the year.
So basically you appreciate the service the way it is right now but I don't think that I'm the only one that would utilize a barebones, online-only tier if they offered one.

Of course, it makes sense that they'd want you to buy the pricier subscription.

So basically you appreciate the service the way it is right now but I don't think that I'm the only one that would utilize a barebones, online-only tier if they offered one.

Of course, it makes sense that they'd want you to buy the pricier subscription.
I don't think you are the only one who wants a bare bones service. However, I don't see that option happening personally. They keep adding to the service and making higher tiers, not lower ones. That being said, if $30 is your price point for online play it is pretty much already there if you look around (which is what I was getting at really).

Sony doesn't necessarily need to copy Xbox Game Pass. If you're #1, you risk pissing off your base customers when you try to copy without thinking. Apple sells less phones than Android overall, BUT has a much larger profit margin. 

If Microsoft manages to upend Sony, I can guarantee you the value of GamePass will get worse over time. They'll start adding weird ass restrictions and the cycle starts over again. 

Simply put, the only reason Microsoft has GamePass is because it's their attempt at using a life preserver to stay afloat while their ship continues to sink.  Sony doesn't need one, their version of GamePass would be like grabbing a hold of an anchor.  It would just drag them down when they're already on top.

Simply put, the only reason Microsoft has GamePass is because it's their attempt at using a life preserver to stay afloat while their ship continues to sink. Sony doesn't need one, their version of GamePass would be like grabbing a hold of an anchor. It would just drag them down when they're already on top.
Thats a damn good way to put it. I agree.

I am sure the same was said about Netflix too. Like it or not the subscription model works and once you have more of their first party games coming out for "free" on Gamepass it will be even more appealing than what it is right now. Sure the price might go up in a few years but it is not going to go up by some crazy amount and will still be cheaper than buying their first party games.

Simply put, the only reason Microsoft has GamePass is because it's their attempt at using a life preserver to stay afloat while their ship continues to sink. Sony doesn't need one, their version of GamePass would be like grabbing a hold of an anchor. It would just drag them down when they're already on top.
Ship continues to sink? Xbox consoles outsold PS5 over Black Friday. I own both and like both but play my Series X a lot more than my PS5.

In any case, Microsoft is doing good things and don’t think their ship will be sinking any time soon.

Ship continues to sink? Xbox consoles outsold PS5 over Black Friday. I own both and like both but play my Series X a lot more than my PS5.

In any case, Microsoft is doing good things and don’t think their ship will be sinking any time soon.
You guys keep saying that, but fail to mention the digital Xbox is like the only console people could find.

Though Sony's PlayStation 5, Microsoft's Xbox Series X, and Nintendo's Switch OLED models remain the most highly sought after consoles, chip shortages and high demand have rendered them nearly impossible to find.
The Xbox Series S, on the other hand, is readily available at a variety of retailers right now — from Gamestop to Best Buy.

Original Business Insider article
Yes, it won Black Friday. But the question is, would it have, if the OLED Switch and PS5 were purchasable?

Winning Black Friday is irrelevant. Any one of them could have "won" by holding back all November console deliveries until that week.

Did Sony removed the free PSVR games early for Plus?  They are suppose to be there until January 3

Sony obviously sees something they like with the subscription model, or they feel a need to compete. As gamers, competition like this should be viewed as a win. I have a Switch, PS5, and Series X so they all won my money 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah, they all got my money as well. Oh, and console wars are stupid.

My only point with the Black Friday stuff was just that it’s pretty stupid to call Microsoft a sinking ship.

I think the better question is probably does anyone actually give a crap which console is selling more in frigging 2021?
I mean sales actually do matter, because developers will go where the customers go. Caring what consoles others buy is one thing, but noticing sales trends is just fine.

My only point with the Black Friday stuff was just that it’s pretty stupid to call Microsoft a sinking ship.
Microsoft is one of the biggest companies in the world and unbelievably wealthy. They will never sink, especially not from xbox. They are smart selling a cheap console and letting people use gamepass almost anywhere. No one buys xbox games, so you need as many subscribers as possible. But they gave the industry their best shot this year with Halo and Forza. It doesn't get better for them. It'll be interesting to see how this all falls long term.

Microsoft is one of the biggest companies in the world and unbelievably wealthy. They will never sink, especially not from xbox. They are smart selling a cheap console and letting people use gamepass almost anywhere. No one buys xbox games, so you need as many subscribers as possible. But they gave the industry their best shot this year with Halo and Forza. It doesn't get better for them. It'll be interesting to see how this all falls long term.
I want to see how much longer third parties will continue to put their games on xbox. I haven't seen the sales figures for North America, but the figures for Europe were woeful. It was to the point that if you aren't selling your games and microsoft isn't paying you to put it on gamepass, what is the point? I imagine the cost to put games on both isn't that prohibitive with how similar the consoles are, but for smaller developers eventually they will have to examine the viability of spending any money at all to put games on a console where nobody buys games. Granted, Microsoft doesn't do too well in Europe anyway, so maybe the NA numbers are better.

It’s smaller stuff for me as well. I personally like the trophy system because a platinum signifies base game completion regardless of DLC progress. You can’t easily look at achievements and see how many completions you have. Overall, I love all platforms for different reasons, like previously stated.

I was not talking about Microsoft as a whole being a sinking ship.  Obviously the company itself is always going to do well.  Personally, I'll always be a Windows guy when it comes to computers.  But when it comes to gaming consoles, the X-Box been trailing behind over the last two generations.  Microsoft just doesn't know what to do with the console.

I'm not a console wars guy, I'm just saying it how it is.  I've been all over the map with consoles.  I started out with an Odyssey 2, Colecovision and Atari 2600.  Then I primarily became a Nintendo guy, although I did have a TurboDuo and Genesis, I mostly gamed on the NES and SNES.  Unfortunately, the N64 let me down bad so I got a PS1 and Dreamcast.  Sadly, The Dreamcast was canceled, and my eventual Gamecube and Wii hardly got any action (although, I do still play my 3DS regularly.)  But the Playstation brand always reliability entertained me so I stuck with them.  I'd be glad for another console to enter the race and get my attention, but since the inception of the X-Box, they've never offered me even one single thing I was interested in that I couldn't play on my Playstation.

Okay, Killer Instinct.  But that eventually came to Steam, so there ended up being no reason to get an X-Box after all.

Chances of a Game Awards sale starting tomorrow on PSN?

I'm actually surprised that it hasn't been announced yet.

Fingers crossed!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I mean sales actually do matter, because developers will go where the customers go. Caring what consoles others buy is one thing, but noticing sales trends is just fine.
I repeat, it's 2021. There's a global pandemic, supply chain issues, a major computer chip shortage, and neither Microsoft nor Sony have a current generation console with a significant library yet. Trying to suss out anything meaningful about the market based on current sales figures is a fool's errand.

It's funny when fanboys argue by saying "I own both consoles so I'm not a fanboy"

Same logic as "I have a black friend so I can't be racist"
Congrats on posting the dumbest thing on the internet in 2021! You did it!!! Got it in just under the wire.

I am “of color” and find your post idiotic and offensive, comparing console wars to racism. Piss off.

Lol, I like how you shit on their blockbuster exclusives like it's no big thing. It's probably the #1 thing anyone buying a PlayStation would want it for, and on that front, they deliver in spades. It's always about the games, so between their AAA games, Japanese games, and fighting games which all tend to congregate on Sony's platform, they'll comfortably hold the software advantage for most people for at least a few more years.

Imagine telling the market leader that they should copy their distant, last-place competitor and create a subscription service that's not only unprofitable, but would decimate their core business as no one would want to pay $70 for games. That would be really dumb of them since there are people like me willing to pay $100 for games we really, really enjoy, though titles like that are few and far between. They're not going to put their exclusives in a subscription service permanently, let alone on day one, so it's not quite like Game Pass. Rather, they'll rebrand PS Now and add more PS4 games since those are downloadable, and possibly expand the classic games lineup.
But….but….but….WE WANT FREE STUFF!!!!!

Lol, I like how you shit on their blockbuster exclusives like it's no big thing. It's probably the #1 thing anyone buying a PlayStation would want it for, and on that front, they deliver in spades.
I'd like you to point out where I shit on their exclusives? Saying Sony expects exclusives and nothing else to carry the brand is not shitting on their exclusives, I was shitting on their direction. They are the market leader because of things they did in the PS4 era that they no longer do combined with fantastic exclusives, let's see how long that lasts, it feels like early PS3 arrogant Sony all over again.

Pointing out Microsoft won November isn't fanboy talk, it's evidence that their strategy is working. I did note when I said that that it could be because of the supply issues and we'll have to see how it all shakes out. I own all consoles, I'm not a fanboy, I shit all over Xbox last gen because of their direction. I like what they are doing now and hate what Sony is doing so now they get shit on. It's the ebb and flow of this industry.

But….but….but….WE WANT FREE STUFF!!!!!
Mocking people wanting deals on a deals site is an interesting strategy.

bread's done
Back