Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Meitantei Conan, literally Famous Detective Conan. Case Closed is just such a dumb name, especially since he hasn't closed his own case after 20 years.

giphy.gif

Got Hoa in one of the recent sales and finally finished it with an easy Platinum. It's a nice little artsy platformer with some light puzzles that doesn't take more than a few hours to beat. Worth checking out if that sounds like your thing.

Got Hoa in one of the recent sales and finally finished it with an easy Platinum. It's a nice little artsy platformer with some light puzzles that doesn't take more than a few hours to beat. Worth checking out if that sounds like your thing.
I've had my eye on that one, thanks! I'll pick it up next time I see it on sale.

for those with the final fantasy 7 remake ps4-ps5 because of the disc issue, keep on trying with the playstation help chat until you talk with a knowledgable rep. My rep guy wrote like he knew about it and removed the license from my account so that I can activate the ps+ version. His name was Bryan S. in case you bump into him. cool guy

Just a heads-up, I noticed some pretty good looking games that I've had my eye on for quite a while have finally dropped to below $10 on PSN:

Wing of Darkness $5.99

Märchen Forest $6.99

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered $7.99

Happy holidays everybody!

I got Modern Warfare (2019) physical and started playing last night on PS5. Every cutscene during the campaign has hitching and several times the screen just goes black and I have to exit the game. Has anyone else had issues like these?

Do I really have to download both ps4 and ps5 versions of FF7 to get my save? I thought Sony changed how saves work starting with ghost director’s cut.

For reference the save is also on the cloud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I really have to download both ps5 and ps4 versions of FF7 to get my save? It’s on the cloud and my ssd.

I thought Sony changed save transfers with ghost directors cut?

Do I really have to download both ps5 and ps4 versions of FF7 to get my save? It’s on the cloud and my ssd.

I thought Sony changed save transfers with ghost directors cut?
I think it’s still dependent on the developer. And, yes, I believe you still have to export your save from the PS4 version for FF VII Remake.

I got Modern Warfare (2019) physical and started playing last night on PS5. Every cutscene during the campaign has hitching and several times the screen just goes black and I have to exit the game. Has anyone else had issues like these?
They broke the game about a week ago. There are a few reddit threads on it, and I saw a PSNP thread recently as well.

for those with the final fantasy 7 remake ps4-ps5 because of the disc issue, keep on trying with the playstation help chat until you talk with a knowledgable rep. My rep guy wrote like he knew about it and removed the license from my account so that I can activate the ps+ version. His name was Bryan S. in case you bump into him. cool guy
I decided to contact chat one more time and finally got someone to remove the license, and now I am able to upgrade the PS Plus version correctly. It only took her about 30 seconds to address the issue.

It's a little odd that Sony didn't do the 50% off promo for non-subscribers for people getting it on Christmas. Would have been $30 directly to them, instead of people buying grey market keys.
Haven't they been doing that one promo for new subscribers? Or was that for now?

They are probably banking on people who just got a PS5 today to be too excited and just pay regular price for Plus

Anybody play Tails of Iron?

I am at a part that I have to fight TWO enemies at once....literally like the second battle in the first town after I become the sole defender of the rats.  I am not good at this game.  I am mad that I keep dying.  Timing the block or parry or dodge is not a skill I seem to have.  People say it's a Souls-type game.  There are a lot of save points (so far after nearly every battle) but I've only killed less than a dozen things and have already died twenty or thirty times.  IT IS VERY EARLY IN THE GAME.

You can't change the difficulty unless you restart the game.  I want to successfully play it since my son specifically researched it and bought it for me for Christmas.  Do I try to get good or do I just pick the easy setting and be happy that I played it (assuming I can even handle the easy setting)?

For tails of iron the blocking/parrying is different then most souls like games (it's been a while since I played so I think I still remember) - you have to hold down the left trigger early and then when the enemy strikes you hit the right trigger to parry -- once i figured that out it changed the game from frustrating to pretty fun (still had some very annoying difficult parts though)

Picked up THPS 1 & 2 and Injustice 2 Ultimate Pack DLC from the holiday sale so far. Next buys will be Tekken 7 Definitive Edition and Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Main game and DLC pack.

I have no idea what this Deep Rock Galactic is but with the name and the tagline Danger. Dankness.  Dwarves., I decided that I desperately want it.

And here I am using wireless polaroid headphones I got from Big lots for like 7 bucks. Not an audiophile so I don't really care about spending the money on some good seinheisers sp? Or stuff like that. My hearings crap anyway (which is lame as I never did anything fun like sitting near the speakers at a concert to earn it)

Any tips on affordable headphones for the PS5? Wireless preferred (are the Puse 3d junk?)..but open to wired.
I am not an expert/snob in headsets but I did own the Sony Gold headset for PS4 and found it uncomfortable so I ended up using the earbud mic thing that comes with the PS4. I bought the $99 Pulse 3D Headset on a whim last year with the PS5 at launch. It is much more comfortable with an inner head band separated from the outer plastic. The ear muffs comfortably fit my entire ears and I can wear them laying back in a lazyboy without much trouble. I mainly use it for FIFA Pro Clubs and it gets the job done nicely.

Thanks. I'll take a look. $160 is steep for my cheap ass but as I get older (47 in 3 weeks, damn) I'm starting to appreciate some things more.
The 6xx is my daily set but I don't know if I would recommend it for console gaming?

You can also check out the 559, which are lighter and have lower impedance, for half the price.

58X Jubilee which is in between the 559 and 6xx.

PC38X if you want a mic (I have not used these personally).

I originally had the ps5 white headset. I highly recommend audeze penrose if you can your hands on it for $300 or less

Damn, I dodged a bullet by not buying P5 Strikers when it was on sale.  I'm still working through Royal so I didn't feel the need to grab it yet.

Any tips on affordable headphones for the PS5? Wireless preferred (are the Puse 3d junk?)..but open to wired.
Check Offerup. I bought my new in box Sony Pulse 3D for $70 on there last week. So far I'm loving this headset and fits comfortable on me. Sounds great and connects right away. Before this I was using my Sony Wh-1000XM4 which is overkill lol.

bread's done
Back