Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Would be nice but I think Sony would moneyhat a third-party before going down that route.
I doubt CoD will be exclusive anytime soon anyway, especially given Warzone is already multiplatform.
Destruction All-Stars was their opportunity to make one and we saw how that went.
but that's not twisted metal

Usually studio accusations are fun and exciting. This pattern of just buying whole publishers is kinda offputting. I don't like how homogeneous and monopolistic things are getting. We need more competition, not less.

Sony, go buy Konami, then Kojima Productions, then put them together and fire all the Konami higher ups.  Let HK fulfill his destiny by making the Metal Gear game we always wanted on next gen.

Sony buying Konami and Capcom would be like the coolest things ever. So much so I'd consider forgiving them for sending me so many messages about their awful end of year sale.

Not certain but I have the iFixit Pro Toolkit so I assume it should have all I need. No soldering, just prying plastic and unscrewing screws. The actual part where you put the screw in is hard to see on a video. Some recommended using tweezers to thread the piece into the hole.
I freaking love my ifixit tool kit. Speaking of ifixit:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Sony+DualSense+Controller+Trigger+Assembly+Replacement/142071

A detailed step-by-step of how to get to the trigger assembly. The page says the steps will take up to two hours, so set aside some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark thought I just had was to have kojima make a twisted metal game.
That would require him to stop making avant-garde nonsense games that are more ludicrous than Fast and Furious action scenes and more needlessly symbolic than Jodorowsky's films. One of the most overrated developers out there whose primary appeal is with counterculture hipsters.

That would require him to stop making avant-garde nonsense games that are more ludicrous than Fast and Furious action scenes and more needlessly symbolic than Jodorowsky's films. One of the most overrated developers out there whose primary appeal is with counterculture hipsters.
Damn son

Tell us how you really feel

All I can picture is those South Park goth kids who are too cool for everything.

Sony buying Konami and Capcom would be like the coolest things ever. So much so I'd consider forgiving them for sending me so many messages about their awful end of year sale.
I just want another good, proper Castlevania game that isn’t a fan-made side project, mobile software with infinite micro transactions, or a fucking pachinko machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the most pretentious thing I've ever read on a video game related forum

I don’t get the Kojima hate lol. Dude made one of the best of not the best PlayStation game, metal gear solid. Metal gear solid 3 which was one of the best for ps2, mgs4, for ps3, mgsv for ps4, death stranding which was one of the games that felt different and addicting. Luckily i loved it since the game isn’t for everyone. Dudes always been creative and trying to put out something different and I can’t hate on that. PT would’ve probably sht my pants. Zone of the Enders, I haven’t tried tho.

I don’t get the Kojima hate lol. Dude made one of the best of not the best PlayStation game, metal gear solid. Metal gear solid 3 which was one of the best for ps2, mgs4, for ps3, mgsv for ps4, death stranding which was one of the games that felt different and addicting. Luckily i loved it since the game isn’t for everyone. Dudes always been creative and trying to put out something different and I can’t hate on that. PT would’ve probably sht my pants. Zone of the Enders, I haven’t tried tho.
I don't think anyone credible hates Kojima, really. He's obviously one of the best developers of all time. There's even more good games from him than what you listed. If someone insults one of the GOATs like him then they obviously don't understand game design very well.

Welp... I messed up :)

I've been playing God of War for the first time, and decided to take a break and boot up Spiderman Remastered for the first time.  Now, I don't know what to keep playing.  I suppose it's a good problem to have

I don't think anyone credible hates Kojima, really. He's obviously one of the best developers of all time.
I wouldn't quite agree with this. He has an incredibly divisive style which has earned him adoration, but also a large segment that can't stand his signature hits and find him vastly overrated.

There's no denying his place historically, but I think there's plenty of reason to be in the "overrated" camp.

I've been playing God of War for the first time, and decided to take a break and boot up Spiderman Remastered for the first time. Now, I don't know what to keep playing. I suppose it's a good problem to have
God of War. This is coming from someone that just Platinumed Spider-man Remastered and am playing the DLC right now.

I've been playing God of War for the first time, and decided to take a break and boot up Spiderman Remastered for the first time. Now, I don't know what to keep playing. I suppose it's a good problem to have
I just finished the main story in Spider-Man Remastered last night and I loved it. I’ve been anxious to finish, though, so I could either get back to Ghost of Tsushima or start something new. Maybe it’s God of War time…

I would say for anyone wanting to platinum Spider-Man, it’s better to get that done with the control scheme and move set before moving on to another game.

Lost in Random with its first big discount of 60% off and I’m tempted at $11.99. Shouldn’t this be going to EA Play soon though?
Yes it will probably show up on EA Play in the next few months. It was a great game. I really enjoyed it and thought it was worth the $20 I spent on it. I really liked the art style and the combat. Once you build a good deck and understand how the combat works the game play really shines. It takes a few chapters before your deck feels good. The story was interesting too. One of my favorite games I played last year but I'm sure it may not be for everyone.

I wouldn't quite agree with this. He has an incredibly divisive style which has earned him adoration, but also a large segment that can't stand his signature hits and find him vastly overrated.

There's no denying his place historically, but I think there's plenty of reason to be in the "overrated" camp.
I mean, he's obviously one of the most successful developers of all time. He has sold tens of millions of games and has some of the highest rated games ever. The people who don't like him are in the minority.

That's impressive if it actually runs well and has a stable framerate. I hope Steam Deck doesn't have many compatibility issues since it uses Linux while the games were designed for Windows.

Still can’t unsee this.

k2uCtQgjimRhBg4XPcmrU6-1200-80.jpg

Bet the Game Gear is more comfortable to hold for extended sessions, too.

I mean, he's obviously one of the most successful developers of all time. He has sold tens of millions of games and has some of the highest rated games ever. The people who don't like him are in the minority.
Death Stranding's gameplay is deliberately annoying & mind-numbingly boring, and if it weren't sandwiched between endless, bizarre cutscenes filled with pseudo-intellectual nonsense the game would've ended up on countless Worst Game of the Year lists when it released. It sold a lot because it starred the actor from the biggest TV show of the time, and the gaming press loved it so much that even the mainstream press started covering it. I remember the first time I played it I was literally shocked that I was a actually expected to plod around delivering packages for dozens of hours, all just for the privilege of watching cutscenes with decent actors spouting awful dialogue with straight faces. But I guess it's postmodern, avant-garde art & I'm just in a tiny group of uncultured dilettantes who just don't get it.

tbh this current flood of awards bait games from Sony is just so cringe. I'll take old school GoW over sad dad Kratos any day. Gameplay-wise, the dumb-as-dirt embarrassment & apparent failure Days Gone is infinitely more fun to play than Very Important Work of Art Last of Us Part 2. Ghost of Tsushima is a pretty game that plays exactly like the dozen of Assassin's Creed games that came before it. Horizon is yet another cinematic, third-person action adventure game in case enough aren't shoved down your throat every month, but it has robot dinosaurs at least so I'm okay with it. Blockbuster, self-important games like these definitely sell well, but it's not the pinnacle of gameplay. This is just the niche Sony has carved out for itself currently. Microsoft is for casual gaming dudebros or frugal people who actually know Gamepass exists, Nintendo is the gaming equivalent of Disney, and Sony is for people who desperately want to believe that video games are high art instead of just awesome little time wasters.

tbh this current flood of awards bait games from Sony is just so cringe. I'll take old school GoW over sad dad Kratos any day. Gameplay-wise, the dumb-as-dirt embarrassment & apparent failure Days Gone is infinitely more fun to play than Very Important Work of Art Last of Us Part 2. Ghost of Tsushima is a pretty game that plays exactly like the dozen of Assassin's Creed games that came before it. Horizon is yet another cinematic, third-person action adventure game in case enough aren't shoved down your throat every month, but it has robot dinosaurs at least so I'm okay with it. Blockbuster, self-important games like these definitely sell well, but it's not the pinnacle of gameplay. This is just the niche Sony has carved out for itself currently. Microsoft is for casual gaming dudebros or frugal people who actually know Gamepass exists, Nintendo is the gaming equivalent of Disney, and Sony is for people who desperately want to believe that video games are high art instead of just awesome little time wasters.
Noone cares about game awards. Zombie and robot dinosaur games are not high art. Microsoft is making smart business moves but is anyone here really excited about titles like "Call of Duty" anymore? I love the creativity Sony pours into their games, keep weird Sony!

What kind of weird headspace do you have to be to think Sony is going to invest into flagship exclusive games for "award-bait" style points versus trying to create highly acclaimed, widely accessible titles to move systems?

And Microsoft is the gaming equivalent to Disney, regarding business objectives and practices.  They now own the largest game franchises (sorry, Candy Crush is bigger than Zelda, folks) and are quickly gaining a large portion of the IP market share.

To be on topic, I think I may pickup Lost in Random as it's an all time low currently and looks great.

I'm a MS fan through and through and I dont agree with some of the negative views expressed above, regarding Sony. I love the single player games on Sony as much as I enjoy playing on my XBox (whichever weird console version I have right now).

Sony games are more like cinematic experience - everyone wants to be the protagonist (or antagonist, to each their own) when they're watching/playing something and that is what Sony aims for.

MS on the other hand aims their games to be like playing in the field - a bunch of folks working together to get something done. Its not for everyone but some people like co-op/multiplayer interaction. Gives you the old school feel of playing in the yard.

Everyone looks for a different thing when they're playing games, to say one is better than the other is like have a particular taste in food and declaring that everything else is crap.

Back on topic, not buying anything. :)

The general link for people to use for yourselves:

https://wrapup.playstation.com/en-us/

You can redeem a code for an avatar pack at the bottom.

1012 total hours

439 hours PS5 games

573 hours PS4 games

993 hours locally

19 hours online

318 days played

116 games

1. Rocket League - 154 hours

2. Clicker Heroes - 142 hours

3. Fortnite - 92 hours

4. Jetpack Joyride - 50 hours

5. No Man's Sky - 29 hours

684 new trophies

4 platinums

42 gold

89 silver

549 bronze

31 PS+ games added

UH OH
Something's Wrong
Looks like we had a problem finding some of your data.
PLAYSTATION 2021 Wrap-Up is only available in select locations. Users must also be 18 years or older and have more than 10 gameplay hours on PS4 and / or PS5 in 2021.

UH OH
Something's Wrong
Looks like we had a problem finding some of your data.
PLAYSTATION 2021 Wrap-Up is only available in select locations. Users must also be 18 years or older and have more than 10 gameplay hours on PS4 and / or PS5 in 2021.
I got that too. Maybe have to wait for an email from them.

346 hours

92 days

12 games played

146 hours in p5 vanilla 

77 hours in tales of arise-ia

55 hours in fairy tail

49 hours in scarlet nexus

11 hours in underwater ray romano mask of truth and it also says I played that on ps5 so yeah their on meth for that one.

202 trophies earned. Though that's from playing as I usually don't go out of the way to get them or plat games and junk. 

1 plat for fairy tail

11 gold

33 silver 

157 bronze

apparently I missed 2 plus games or just didn't want them or something as it says 37 and that I claimed 35.

346 hours
92 days
12 games played
146 hours in p5 vanilla
77 hours in tales of arise-ia
55 hours in fairy tail
49 hours in scarlet nexus
11 hours in underwater ray romano mask of truth and it also says I played that on ps5 so yeah their on meth for that one.

202 trophies earned. Though that's from playing as I usually don't go out of the way to get them or plat games and junk.

1 plat for fairy tail
11 gold
33 silver
157 bronze

apparently I missed 2 plus games or just didn't want them or something as it says 37 and that I claimed 35.
Mine also said 35/37 for PS+ games. Could have sworn I redeemed them all, but maybe I already owned a couple?

I could not get in either, but I am afraid at how many ESO hours I have. Going to be Eso, Freedom Wars (if vita still shows up) and I have no idea what 3 will be.

Not really sure what the point of mentioning candy crush is.
Candy Crush is made by King, which is under Activision-Blizzard, bought by Microsoft.

Microsoft's gaming sector market value is much, much higher than Nintendo's (and Sony's). Just showing that Microsoft is the wider, broader corporation, similar to Disney. Candy Crush, Roblox, Minecraft, etc. style games rule the revenue streams more than traditional "core games" these days is part of my point.

The house of mouse doesn't have power because of Mickey anymore, but because of money. Same with Microsoft. People may like their Kratos or Mario or Link or Gran Turismo Car, but Microsoft has the best mascot. Money.

bread's done
Back