Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Time was exactly why I put Destiny 2 down. I played consistently at the start of the Undying season, and it left no room for any other games. I love the game, and I think Bungie is an incredible studio (physical rewards are really cool), but it doesn’t play well with real-world responsibility.

Speaking of Destiny, the only way to get complete Destiny 1 is through Destiny The Collection. Once the codes in the physical copies expired a few years ago, it’s gone on sale maybe once in 2018. I hope that changes once the Sony deal is done. I lucked out and bought it on Xbox in 2016-2017 (hasn’t been on sale for Xbox since 2017), but I originally played D1 the day it launched on PS4. $60 is just too steep for me…
I'm curious why you would want to play D1 to begin with. It's basically a different game at this point and might even be painful to play (IMO).

You guys are really playing Destiny wrong if you're putting that much time into it

I play like 10 hours a week since Beyond Light and I manage to do everything there is to do on one character.

A lot of people still think they need to play 3 characters constantly but that hasn't been a thing since like Forsaken. When Shadowkeep came out I pretty much cut down to one character alternating hunter and warlock between seasons and I've never had any issues keeping up.

The only reason I ever do all 3 is to do raid boss CP each week when I was hunting Mythoclast and EoT.
There is no right or wrong way to play, it's just a matter of how far in you want the needle to sink...

I never finished the base game of D1, and did not play either of the expansions. Not sure if it makes sense to go back, especially if a lot of it is multiplayer. Would it be worth me going back for the story/experience?

I never finished the base game of D1, and did not play either of the expansions. Not sure if it makes sense to go back, especially if a lot of it is multiplayer. Would it be worth me going back for the story/experience?
That's a good enough reason to go back, especially the mini-quests to unlock the third subclass for each class (Taken King), but certainly not at $60. I wish you luck looking for a sale!

I didn't want to play UFC 4 but I'll click PS+ purchase and never download it.

That being said, the pictures on the background on the sale page on the web make me want to play it even less somehow.

You people who like UFC, do those pictures make you want to buy it?  They don't seem inspiring.

idk if it's worth going back to at this point. D2 updated their beginning since they dropped all the legacy stuff. The intro to D2 now mirrors the beginning of D1.

I didn't want to play UFC 4 but I'll click PS+ purchase and never download it.

That being said, the pictures on the background on the sale page on the web make me want to play it even less somehow.

You people who like UFC, do those pictures make you want to buy it? They don't seem inspiring.
Only reason I would play it is to knock out Colby Covington for obvious reasons

Personally think it’s next to impossible to get into Destiny 2 now for the story. It’s my biggest beef with it. No way to really start ar the beginning and understand it all. They’ve cut things and generally made it a mess unless you’ve been playing constantly since the beginning.

idk if it's worth going back to at this point. D2 updated their beginning since they dropped all the legacy stuff. The intro to D2 now mirrors the beginning of D1.

Personally think it’s next to impossible to get into Destiny 2 now for the story. It’s my biggest beef with it. No way to really start ar the beginning and understand it all. They’ve cut things and generally made it a mess unless you’ve been playing constantly since the beginning.
Bungie definitely needs to figure out what they are doing with the New Light experience in D2. If you want the story beats thus far, review this website:

https://www.previouslyondestiny.com/

Time for my old man complaint of the day.

I want to buy a PSN cards so I can preorder Elden Ring. Amazon works fine--PSN makes me log in again. It's pain, but whatever. I can't log into gamestop. Spend 15 minutes trying things that don't work. Ok. I'll download their app. Able to download their app and complete the transaction... Now they're taking forever to give me the damn code. Still haven't got it, but I may as well prep for when I do. Go back to PSN to click redeem. Oh, it wants me to log in AGAIN. It's been a few hours!

Why does the new PS Store require you to enter your password EVERY TIME you just want to redeem credit?! Is Sony afraid someone is gonna get on my PC and give me free money?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're rewarded for being more aggressive in combat. It's been awhile since I played, but IRCC you get health back when you strike back after getting hit.

For the bosses, I recommend watching videos on how others approach the battle. You're bound to find a method that works for you.

For your gun, keep the shotgun equivalent instead of the pistol. More effective at causing stuns and you need to be close for the critical strikes anyway.

The new Yacht Club Games title is Mina the Hollower:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fx0aJCRRpE

They describe it as a next-gen Game Boy Color game in terms of the level of resolution, colors, and design that they're aiming for. If you want to learn more about it, there's the Kickstarter page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/mina-the-hollower/description

They say they're funding the majority of the game's funding themselves, but this will help them expand the game beyond what the current scope is at.

Bloodborne side-tracking:

The best advice I can give for Bloodborne is to play the game with a really aggressive mindset. A lot of the bosses are easier if you stay close to them and only back off for healing. For one of your first weapons I would recommend using the saw cleaver because it has a fast attack and does decent damage. Also I can’t remember if the game tells you but the guns are meant to be used defensively as a way to parry and sometimes stun certain enemies.
I started with the Saw Cleaver (once I figured out how to equip weapons!). Now I'm using some moon sword thing, but it is two-handed so doesn't allow gun usage.

You're rewarded for being more aggressive in combat. It's been awhile since I played, but IRCC you get health back when you strike back after getting hit.

For the bosses, I recommend watching videos on how others approach the battle. You're bound to find a method that works for you.

For your gun, keep the shotgun equivalent instead of the pistol. More effective at causing stuns and you need to be close for the critical strikes anyway.
Yeah, the game doesn't really tell you anything. Hell, I spent about 30 minutes at first without any weapons trying to beat things with my fists because equipping items was done some bizarre way. Since I knew the game was supposed to be brutally hard I just figured I had to get through part of it that way ;). That's when I started looking things up and learned about the parrying, etc. I did pick up that shotgun last night but much like PvP sniper headshots in Destiny, I just can never get the timing right.

I did go back to one boss last night and actually beat it solo, without even the optional NPC summon. For whatever reason, it was much easier this time. (Blood-Starved Beast.) Now I have access to the confusing chalice dungeons. Needed to look up way more stuff to figure out what was going on there.

Then I was able to help some guy beat the Vicar, even though I haven't done it yet myself. This fight was also much easier this time. It swiped at me endlessly last time and this time I was able to run up and get lots of L2 attacks on it. Might have been something the other guy was doing to stun it though. I noticed he was using the Flamesprayer so I bought that for my own attempt (perhaps tonight).

I do love that I keep opening up more and more areas to explore without even getting that far with bosses. It seems much more expansive that the Souls games.

Destiny side-tracking:

You guys are really playing Destiny wrong if you're putting that much time into it

I play like 10 hours a week since Beyond Light and I manage to do everything there is to do on one character.

A lot of people still think they need to play 3 characters constantly but that hasn't been a thing since like Forsaken. When Shadowkeep came out I pretty much cut down to one character alternating hunter and warlock between seasons and I've never had any issues keeping up.

The only reason I ever do all 3 is to do raid boss CP each week when I was hunting Mythoclast and EoT.
I mean, 10 hours a week is kind of a lot of time when I want to play other stuff as well. That's at least half the time I spend gaming per week if not more. That's kind of exactly what I was talking about.

Also, I pushed hard this season to get my power level up so I could finally get the Grandmaster Nightfall achievement, which kind of requires you to power up way past the standard season reward level. I still need to beat the freaking Last Wish raid though. In D1, I had a raid team and we'd run each raid (Vault, then later also Crota) on all 3 chars each week. I have done like 3 total raid completions during all of D2, and 2 of those were right at the beginning before my team disbanded. None of them play Destiny any more. One of my most enjoyable gaming experiences ever was jumping into the Crota raid with our seasoned raid team right when it released at the 1am reset. That was back when reset was at night. We actually made it all the way to the boss that first night.

Bungie did make it much easier to catch up power level wise from season-to-season this year. It is much less of a grind to get to the soft cap, and not that much more to get close to the hard cap (though I'm still missing one piece for each character at this point).

I also went back to some PvP stuff recently. Because of all the time I've put into it, I can at least hold my own in Destiny PvP. I'm decidedly average, but I'm old and I never really played FPS games before. I'd probably get creamed if I tried to do something like Halo. So I sort of feel like if I ever want that experience, I need to put in the time in Destiny to maintain my (limited) skills.

There is no right or wrong way to play, it's just a matter of how far in you want the needle to sink...
Lol, exactly. Chnandler here is pretty much the only person I play Destiny with any more. At least with him and a few other random CAGs that pop on every so often we can get the 3-man dungeons (and that Grandmaster Nightfall) done.

My Bloodborne weapons of choice where the Threaded Cane (I love the versatility it has with it quick blunt strikes in cane form & the long range serrated in whip) & Saw Spear with a occasional swap out for the KirkHammer.  Went through the whole game without using a NPC summon with thoses.  They just worked for me.

I really need to go back to it and do The Old Hunters dlc now that I have it, but I would have to start with a fresh character since I picked it up with the EU GOTY version on disc.  Don't know if I want to devote the time to do that right now :lol:

Same old, same old sales. It look's similar to their new years sale, which was similar to their holiday sale. Hopefully some of them will reach newer lows.

I forgot to grab The Liar Princess when it went on sale back in October and have been waiting for it to go on sale again ever since. There have been like four or five major sales since then and nothing, what are you even doing, NISA?

The Tsushima upgrade is on the sale list. Here's hoping it's a good deal...

I wonder why it isn't up yet. It's past midnight my local time, but maybe it has to be past midnight PST because the US is all 1 territory for the store?

The Tsushima upgrade is on the sale list. Here's hoping it's a good deal...

$5 off. Kill me.

I wonder why it isn't up yet. It's past midnight my local time, but maybe it has to be past midnight PST because the US is all 1 territory for the store?

Have you tried just redeeming it via the console? My PS5 never asks me for my password, even to redeem point cards.
Yeah, it always works on consoles without needing a PW, true. But I do all of my shopping on web while I'm at work :whistle2:

Playing wrong was probably a poor choice of words, but there are absolutely efficient ways to play Destiny and sinking dozens and dozens of hours into it every week isn't it

Playing wrong was probably a poor choice of words, but there are absolutely efficient ways to play Destiny and sinking dozens and dozens of hours into it every week isn't it
I agree with you, and the more recent seasons have been easier. I’m not sure if you played Season of the Undying, but that one actually had some pretty lengthy requirements, at least imo. The ritual weapons or whatever (Randy’s Throwing Knife) were a pain to get.

Dying Light 2 reviews are coming in: https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/dying-light-2-stay-human?ref=hp

It's looking like a wait-for-bug-fixes-or-discount-or-GotY-edition like the first one, especially if the devs plan to support it for 5 years. The reviews I checked mention lots of bugs and the story/characters being meh, but the gameplay is really fun and improved from DL1. If not for Horizon FW and Elden Ring later in the month, I might have given it a shot but I can wait. DL1 was awesome to play last year after all of its free updates and add-ons.

Dying Light 2 reviews are coming in: https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/dying-light-2-stay-human?ref=hp

It's looking like a wait-for-bug-fixes-or-discount-or-GotY-edition like the first one, especially if the devs plan to support it for 5 years. The reviews I checked mention lots of bugs and the story/characters being meh, but the gameplay is really fun and improved from DL1. If not for Horizon FW and Elden Ring later in the month, I might have given it a shot but I can wait. DL1 was awesome to play last year after all of its free updates and add-ons.
This is probably going to push back the PS5/Series X upgrade for Dying Light 1, unless they are two completely separate teams.

Seems like a wait for me as well. I don't know how someone who had 20+ crashes in a review before finishing the game could still give a game a 7.5. A few crashes sure, but that seems like a lot.

Seems like a wait for me as well. I don't know how someone who had 20+ crashes in a review before finishing the game could still give a game a 7.5. A few crashes sure, but that seems like a lot.
While I agree, I didn't see another reviewer have nearly that many crashes, so it might be that specific console.

More concerning to me is that Techland added a UV meter that drops while in darkness and it's game over if you let it get empty. That seems like a major downside if I'm basically punished for exploring too much in an open-world game.

Believe none of those reviews had the day one patch. Yea it isn’t an excuse, but you would think that should be done before reviewing it. Just my .2

I was talking from a Developer standpoint. Techland should have uploaded the patch when the review code was sent out. Why basically sabotage your own game makes no sense to me.

Honestly, Dying Light 2 sounds just like Dying Light 1. Critics didn't like it as much as the gaming public will and it has a story that isn't bad, but isn't great either. I am not surprised.

Well that sucks. I was really looking forward to this game too. I might have to cancel my pre-order and wait for a sale before jumping on it.

Honestly, Dying Light 2 sounds just like Dying Light 1. Critics didn't like it as much as the gaming public will and it has a story that isn't bad, but isn't great either. I am not surprised.
I felt the same way until I read about the UV Gauge mechanic. That just sounds like a dumb thing to add when the first game felt so good to play already.

I agree with you, and the more recent seasons have been easier. I’m not sure if you played Season of the Undying, but that one actually had some pretty lengthy requirements, at least imo. The ritual weapons or whatever (Randy’s Throwing Knife) were a pain to get.
Undying definitely sucked. I was playing a lot back then and never felt caught up. Now I play a bit for the start of a new seasons and then go down to playing on Tuesdays when there's new story stuff. The only thing I haven't done this season is rank 16 for DoE but I'll probably finish that off in the next week or whenever I finish Kingdom Hearts

Dreams is on sale for $9.99 expires at 11:59 PST. If you have a Pro Membership at GameStop, you can go to the store and use your $5 monthly on a $10 PSN card. Dreams for only $5 is an absolute steal!

Debating doing the same. Waiting on a couple more reviews to drop before I make a decision.
As I mentioned, playing the original Dying Light last year was awesome and I feel that was because of the years of support from the developers. If they approach the sequel the same way, it's better to wait for sales and/or more complete editions if only to wait for bug fixes.

As I mentioned, playing the original Dying Light last year was awesome and I feel that was because of the years of support from the developers. If they approach the sequel the same way, it's better to wait for sales and/or more complete editions if only to wait for bug fixes.
Got about 75% through it before I got sidetracked and haven't piked it up since. Was waiting on the 60fps patch for PS5 before I dove back in. What I did play I did love however.

Got about 75% through it before I got sidetracked and haven't piked it up since. Was waiting on the 60fps patch for PS5 before I dove back in. What I did play I did love however.
One of my favorite aspects of the first Dying Light was how I could run around all night if I wanted, regardless of the danger, and explore to my heart's content. Based on this new UV Gauge, though, it sounds like I won't really be able to do that as much; if it turns out the gauge lasts longer than you'd think, then its inclusion makes even less sense.

I wanted to go back and replay the first game but wanted to wait for the PS5 patch to be released. With 2 coming out in just a couple of days I don't see this happening anymore. Shame because I think the game would be awesome on the PS5 if they can get those improvements to happen.

Lol I believe I was around 70-75% completion too and forgot why I dropped the game. If there really is a ps5 patch I’d wait for it

bread's done
Back