Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Dying Light 2 short review: it's a sequel to Dying Light. I imagine it'll be just as good in a few years. Technically it's very similar to the state that Cyberpunk 2077 was in after they fixed its PS5 crashing. I.E. bugs exist that sometimes ruin story sequences with absurdity but ultimately it's playable. I think there's more to 2077 though--the world is bigger and it was certainly more stylish. Both have pretty underwhelming RPG mechanics that really need a lot more depth.

In regards to HFW, does anyone recall if Wal-Mart does reduced prices on new first-party PS titles too? I've been able to pricematch at GS for Nintendo titles, but haven't tried recently. Would be nice to get the PS4 version for even cheaper, since it includes the PS5 upgrade for free.

In regards to HFW, does anyone recall if Wal-Mart does reduced prices on new first-party PS titles too? I've been able to pricematch at GS for Nintendo titles, but haven't tried recently. Would be nice to get the PS4 version for even cheaper, since it includes the PS5 upgrade for free.
Based on Brickseek, most Walmarts have Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection at $49 even and that has a $50 MSRP, so that doesn't bode well for Horizon FW next week.

Lame that the Uncharted tickets have to be redeemed at Regal. Now I’m glad I didn’t jump on the upgrade right away. The nearest Regal is 2+ hours away from me.

I’ve already played through UC4 but am still sitting on a sealed LL. I guess now I’ll just wait till I’m ready to play LL or maybe they’ll discount or give away the upgrade at some point

At best it'll be $1 less. First party Sony games have never received the discount as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started playing Planet Coaster last night and am surprised at how well it controls with a controller.  I played it a couple of years ago on PC and figured it'd be rough to play without a keyboard and mouse, but it actually works really well.  Nice addition to PS+.

Closest Regal to me is in Gilbert, I live in Peoria, which is an hour drive.  Not worth the ticket.  I'll happily give it to someone here.  Like this post and I'll pick a random to give it to. 

Traditionally companies have sought exclusives to lock you into their platforms because once locked in most consumers buy everything on one platform. They secure great titles in the hopes that you'll only buy a playstation or an xbox then continue to drip-feed them money for doing absolutely nothing other than publishing other people's software. In that universe, it makes no sense to put Call of Duty or Starfield on Sony platforms, but the world has been getting more complex.

Gamepass is a bizarre gambit that right now is an amazing value proposition, but will not survive in that state. It's the tech business cycle: acquire customers through incredible deals > raise prices > recoup your losses and then some as people become reliant on the service.

I don't know how or if this changes the thinking about exclusives, but right now things are majorly in flux. Microsoft is either going to succeed in massively growing the audience of gaming and win big with their subscription service, or it's going to be mostly dead in 10 years and Call of Duty will be locked to Xbox.

One thing I do know is that changes in the industry don't always stick around even when they appear to be picking up steam or are just plainly a good idea. There was a time when almost every new game came with a leaflet that held a code you had to have in order to even play entire game modes. And if you bought it used you'd have to buy that separately. Everyone hated it, but somehow it went away. This was back when "used games are killing the industry" was a common refrain, which somehow died an unceremonious death.

Shit doesn't always make sense.

Por que no los dos? When you buy into both platforms,\you never miss out and have more sales and choices... Just one more reason to buy both, if you can.

Sorry I forgot to update here, but I already sent him one yesterday!
Thanks for letting me know, I guess I will just put it out for anyone that would want/need it since I don's have a Regal location where I live at.

Code:

To redeem your voucher code,

1. Visit https://www.regmovies.com

2. Select "Movies" and then "UNCHARTED"

3. Select screening location, date, and time for UNCHARTED

4. Insert code in "Promo or Voucher Code" Box

5. Select and confirm tickets; and

6. Follow checkout flow to complete ticket redemption

Enjoy the movie!

If I upgrade my Uncharted to ps5 now, do i still get movie ticket?

I want to see the movie and the tickets cost more than $10 so good deal lol

If I upgrade my Uncharted to ps5 now, do i still get movie ticket?

I want to see the movie and the tickets cost more than $10 so good deal lol
You had to have made the upgrade between the release date of January 28 and February 3 to qualify.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/uncharted-movie-ticket-promo-terms-and-conditions/

They emailed me about the ticket voucher on February 10, which surprised me since I very rarely receive any emails from PlayStation aside from PSN purchase confirmation emails. I've usually had to contact them myself to get any of the PS4 theme or avatar for eligible platinums.

Anyone have a spare US Beta code?
If you mean for the new firmware, I wish I could give you mine. I thought it was universal for PS4 and PS5, but nope. They sent me a PS4 code even though I only have a PS5 currently active. The code went to waste.

Edit: nevermind. The code can be redeemed 5 times. I'll PM you.

Huh.  Bummer that the Uncharted movie code is only at Regal Movie Theaters and there are none of those in my state.  

Edit: And gone.  

It's obviously a HD remaster of Saturday Night Slam Masters.
That would be awesome actually, I remember playing that in the arcade and being really excited when it came out for the SNES. Pretty sure I even entered a contest through a gaming magazine to win a cabinet.

Random question, is anyone else not able to sign into the PS Store on their PS3s? Every time I try to sign on, it just says I'm signed out of my account and takes me back home. So I sign back on and try to go to the store and it just starts to load but then I get a "you've been signed out" error again. 

I wanted to download some of my games but not sure how else I can do that without accessing the store. 

bread's done
Back