Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Got my 25th anniversary edition of GT7 it had digital code for PS4 and disc for PS5, so if someone only wanted PS4 and a buddy wanted PS5 could split it.

Got my 25th anniversary edition of GT7 it had digital code for PS4 and disc for PS5, so if someone only wanted PS4 and a buddy wanted PS5 could split it.
Can anyone that has redeemed the PS4 code from the anniversary edition confirm that you can upgrade to the full PS5 digital game? My understanding is you should be able to after paying $10 to upgrade. I am just trying to make sure it works that way, not sure if this code would be different since it came in this edition.

Can anyone that has redeemed the PS4 code from the anniversary edition confirm that you can upgrade to the full PS5 digital game? My understanding is you should be able to after paying $10 to upgrade. I am just trying to make sure it works that way, not sure if this code would be different since it came in this edition.
According to resetera the code from anniversary edition cannot upgrade for $10

Without spoiling too much, the legendary things needed for the various trophies explicitly state in their descriptions that they are "one of the legendary ____". AFAIK, none of the weapons/items from redeeming boss souls are required for trophies.

As far as missable ones go, there seem to only be 2 weapons, one that can be obtained early on and one in late-game:

1) At the Warmaster's Shack in Limgrave, kill the NPC there; he can relocate if you progress too far. I don't think he's too difficult if you were able to kill Godrick.

2) Without naming late-game locations, the other missable legendary weapon is near a corpse of particular size in a city.
WTF!? I thought I'd been all over Limgrave and I don't remember a "Warmaster's Shack". I've moved to several areas beyond that so I hope this is still a thing. I'll look into it tonight. So this is an NPC you normally just talk to but I have to kill him instead?

I think I'll make a thread for Elden Ring. Now just to figure out where - maybe I'll just put it in the PS section for nostalgia reasons...

Please bring the Elden Ring discussion over to:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/373932-elden-ring-general-discussion/

If anyone sees later posts here about Elden Ring game play please point them here.  Let's get a critical mass of CAGs over there to keep it going.  In particular, I want to build a spoiler-light list in the OP of things you need to do at certain points to not miss trophies.  I put Vigilante's recent info in there for starters.

I'd also like to add things like Jodou's tip on saving summons upgrade items for a later-game summons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please bring the Elden Ring discussion over to:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/373932-elden-ring-general-discussion/

If anyone sees later posts here about Elden Ring game play please point them here. Let's get a critical mass of CAGs over there to keep it going. In particular, I want to build a spoiler-light list in the OP of things you need to do at certain points to not miss trophies. I put Vigilante's recent info in there for starters.

I'd also like to add things like Jodou's tip on saving summons upgrade items for a later-game summons.
Thank you. I didn’t want to rain on the parade so I hadn’t said anything, but this nonstop flow of Elden Ring discussion was just a little bit cancer.

Wow.  GT7 is absolutely terrific.  Put 4+ hours into it today and can't wait to spend more time with it tomorrow.  

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed tweaking cars and running license tests over and over until I got gold for each segment.  

Also, the loading times are phenomenal, a major upgrade over GT Sport (even when playing it off of the local drive on a PS5.)  

Wow. GT7 is absolutely terrific. Put 4+ hours into it today and can't wait to spend more time with it tomorrow.

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed tweaking cars and running license tests over and over until I got gold for each segment.

Also, the loading times are phenomenal, a major upgrade over GT Sport (even when playing it off of the local drive on a PS5.)
It’s good to hear such positive things about the GT series again. This will hold my sim fix for a long time while Horizon takes care of the arcade racing for me.

I’m hoping GT7 being well received will have Microsoft make at least one Forza Motorsport (that isn’t Horizon) this gen.

Sucks I seriously have no time for horizon dying light 2 and gt 7 all because of elden ring. It’s annoying all the great games came out so close to each other. What is even there to by hyped about later this year aside from GOW?

Sucks I seriously have no time for horizon dying light 2 and gt 7 all because of elden ring. It’s annoying all the great games came out so close to each other. What is even there to by hyped about later this year aside from GOW?
Starfield on the Xbox side, if you are a dual system owner like me. Very hyped for that one.

There are some other games, probably not on the same hype scale as GOW, but some games I am interested in this year:

A Plague Tales Requiem

Bayonetta 3

Final Fantasy XVI

GhostWire Tokyo

Gotham Knights

Live A live

The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero

Starfield

Suicide Squad

Xenoblade 3

But I think GOW is probably the biggest one unless BOTW 2 is also releasing this year.

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands & Strangers of Paradise are in the same time frame too. Feb-March is crazy.

You didn't play the demo? It was available twice. It's like Dark Souls gameplay with a FF story. The plot twist was too obvious and was already guessed from the announcement video, so that hurts the story somewhat.

You didn't play the demo? It was available twice. It's like Dark Souls gameplay with a FF story. The plot twist was too obvious and was already guessed from the announcement video, so that hurts the story somewhat.
Downloaded it and totally forgot to play it when it was available lol. Was so busy and it just slipped my mind. Didn’t even know it was time until I tried to play it last week and found out.

There are some other games, probably not on the same hype scale as GOW, but some games I am interested in this year:

A Plague Tales Requiem
Bayonetta 3
Final Fantasy XVI
GhostWire Tokyo
Gotham Knights
Live A live
Starfield
Suicide Squad
Xenoblade 3

But I think GOW is probably the biggest one unless BOTW 2 is also releasing this year.
I think Starfield will be pretty big as well (at least for me). Good list. Also looking forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 but with everything going on in the Ukraine, I bet it slips to next year. Definitely more important things going on in the world than video games.

I still need to get back to and finish the last GOW. Of course, Elden Ring has me enthralled and just picked up GT7. My backlog is never ending. :)

I am looking forward to Evil Dead: The Game and Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins.
The combat for final fantasy seem to change for the worse between the 2 demos. Maybe its just me tho.

I haven't played the demo.  Just being hopeful since I'm a FF fan.  If it's that bad, though, hopefully it'll be better in the final release.

So much stuff in the whole big map I wish you could at least mark some locations you’ve already cleared like tunnels, evergaols, etc. I’ve mainly just explored and beat a “bunch” of bosses but pretty sure not that many main bosses. Margit, godrick, renalla, I tried radhan but goddamn I might be hella under leveled for him who knows. Idk if 20 vigor will cut it. Summoned everyone and usually one clean hit he kills me lol
That fight was honestly a low point for me with the game. Felt too pokemon and I finally realized you barely have to do anything other than dodge him all fight. Once you figure out how to survive phase 2 mechanics consistently, you can just keep summoning until dead. Epic fight, terrible mechanics IMO.

Anyone know if there’s a daily limit on how many PSN cards you can redeem per day? Redeemed 3 today and it’s saying I can’t redeem any more and to try again later.

So fucking stupid there’s a cap. Makes no sense.

Final Fantasy XVI

FFXVI is probably not happening this year, Yoshi-P said Covid delayed things by half a year, and they still haven't shown the actual game off or even committed to a 2022 window.
Nintendo says BOTW 2 is still on schedule for a 2022 release though.

A Plague Tales Requiem
Bayonetta 3
Final Fantasy XVI
GhostWire Tokyo
Gotham Knights
Live A live
Starfield
Suicide Squad
Xenoblade 3

Oh wow totally forgot about Requiem, Gotham knights and suicide squad. Don’t have Xbox or switch so no stat field for me or bayonetta 3

For those of you playing Gran Turismo 7 (if you are playing with a controller,) save yourself hours of frustration on National license test A-9.

Either turn off the Countersteering assist (or set it to weak.)

I spent an hour on that damn test never getting closer than .3 tenths off the time. Turned off counter-steering assistance and got the gold on my 3rd attempt.

I am looking forward to Evil Dead: The Game and Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origins.
I argued with myself about pre-ordering the Evil Dead game. I missed out on the Ultimate CE LTD to 1000, but got in on the PS5 CE Ltd to 5000 across all platforms. All CE now sold out!

I argued with myself about pre-ordering the Evil Dead game. I missed out on the Ultimate CE LTD to 1000, but got in on the PS5 CE Ltd to 5000 across all platforms. All CE now sold out!
I just grabbed the standard edition. Target had it included in their B2G1 sale last time, so I put in a copy for me and my buddy, along with another $40 game, to get it on the cheap.

I just pre-ordered GTAV for $10. Note: PS5 owners get GTA online for free.

FNUD0-Ml-WUAIyk4p.jpg

How is it only $10? It’s just basically a $10 upgrade for the campaign? How much is the physical copy gonna be?
I think each mode is $20 (online and story), and both are half off for the first three months. Since the online is free for PS+, it's $10 for us for both modes together for the first three months, and $20 for our Xbox friends.

Physical will be released in April, so I guess we'll see then, but I'd guess $40 unless they sell the modes separately on physical.

And this cost isn't an upgrade cost - you don't need to own any previous version to get GTA5 on PS5 for $10.

I think each mode is $20 (online and story), and both are half off for the first three months. Since the online is free for PS+, it's $10 for us for both modes together for the first three months, and $20 for our Xbox friends.

Physical will be released in April, so I guess we'll see then, but I'd guess $40 unless they sell the modes separately on physical.

And this cost isn't an upgrade cost - you don't need to own any previous version to get GTA5 on PS5 for $10.
That’s awesome, thanks! I usually go for physical but I might just bite on this. Faster loading times and few improvements, I might actually finish the story this time lol

Guessing we'll see a bit more Ghostwire: Tokyo to get people hyped and hopefully a surprise announcement or two. The Japanese publishers are mainly what I play on the system.

Guessing we'll see a bit more Ghostwire: Tokyo to get people hyped and hopefully a surprise announcement or two. The Japanese publishers are mainly what I play on the system.
I have the game already. Installed it last night but haven’t had a chance to play it. I’ll post some initial thoughts tonight hopefully.

bread's done
Back