Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Anyone have opinions on the PS4 version of Civilization VI?  I bought it on PC years ago but never got around to playing it.  Seeing it at $15 with (all of?) the DLC is tempting.  It seems like a game that might be tough without a mouse, but then again, they pulled it off really well with Civilization Revolution back on PS3.

Annoyed? Because the game expires? If you were a cag you’d buy and play when time and save dollar bucks but you preordered them all and probably got disc protection from GameStop.
Annoyed cuz they’re so close to each other so there’s no hype in between. One thing I’ll never buy for my games is protection especially from GameStop lol. Nor will I donate. True cag

Confirmed for the end of the year AFAIK: Forspoken, Saint's Row, Gotham Knights, Starfield.

Probably coming out: Breath of the Wild 2, Atomic Heart, GoW: Ragnarok, Hogwarts Legacy, Mario Rabbidz 2, Redfall, Kirby Switch, Splatoon 3, Star Ocean, etc, etc. etc.

Don't worry, there's still plenty coming in 2022.
I really hope hogwarts legacy turns out to be good. I don’t mind delays

Who else thought that Exoprimal game was a new Dino Crisis.

https://www.covercentury.com/covers/psx/d/Dino-Crisis-NTSC-PSX-BACK.jpg
The teaser for the person at the end is clearly Regina. I'm surprised they're even reviving the franchise TBH. I don't think anyone will care for a reskinned Anthem game after how well that went but maybe.

That State of Play was them trying to win back Japan, with an all JP developer showcase. Meh. I didn't see anything interesting other than the TMNT collection. Sad that games from three decades ago were the best on offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
The teaser for the person at the end is clearly Regina. I'm surprised they're even reviving the franchise TBH.

That State of Play was them trying to win back Japan, with an all JP developer showcase.
I'm not. People have been begging for a Dino Crisis revival for decades since DC3 flopped.

I agree that this was Sony trying to prove that "we're still a Japanese console, guys!" but it's funny how only two of the games shown were in any way Playstation exclusives from Japanese developers and they were both third-party projects that will release on PC. Returnal was the only first-party title (and the only complete PS exclusive) shown and Housemarque is definitely not a Japanese developer. Neither is Flying Hog Studios (devs behind Trek to Yomi).

It’s anyone else’s pre order of Horzion Forbidden West been delayed again? I ordered from target and this is the third email containing a new delivery date because it’s backordered

It’s anyone else’s pre order of Horzion Forbidden West been delayed again? I ordered from target and this is the third email containing a new delivery date because it’s backordered
Weird that my DL2 was delayed 3 times but forbidden west only 2 times and came through. Just cancelled my DL2. Horizon seems more rare (special edition) so I’m surprised mine came through and not DL2

My pre-order from Target (PS4 launch edition) came on release day.

My preorder for Horizon FW Special Edition PS5 arrived on release day but my copy of Elden Ring PS5 didn't arrive until the Tuesday after release even though it was supposed to arrive by release day. If you order from Target never expect release day delivery but the fact you haven't received HFW yet is troubling.

The only reason I ordered either game from Target was because of discount coupons from Target Circle offers.

My preorder for Horizon FW Special Edition PS5 arrived on release day but my copy of Elden Ring PS5 didn't arrive until the Tuesday after release even though it was supposed to arrive by release day. If you order from Target never expect release day delivery but the fact you haven't received HFW yet is troubling.

The only reason I ordered either game from Target was because of discount coupons from Target Circle offers.
That’s exactly the reason I ordered from there too. That 40% discount was too good to pass. The worrying thing is that in fact, it’s almost two months and no game yet, feels like it’ll be cancelled which kinda sucks. I never pre order games but this time I did with target, all of my pre orders were from 3 days late to weeks late. Never using them again unless discount is too good

I missed out on this 40% discount. It's for the best though as my backlog is huge already and I will likely wait for the complete edition with the DLC for Horizon anyway.

For anyone with a PSVita...

There are PSVita games on sale with this Indie sale (those with PS4 cross buy)

Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS4™ system and “PS Vita” system versions!

The prices on the PSVita store and the prices on the webstore (looking at PS4 options) are different so check wihat's best

I guess look at https://psprices.com/region-us/discounts/?platform=PSVita&sort=date for what's on sale

I didn't try buying anything yet so YMMV

Anyone have opinions on the PS4 version of Civilization VI? I bought it on PC years ago but never got around to playing it. Seeing it at $15 with (all of?) the DLC is tempting. It seems like a game that might be tough without a mouse, but then again, they pulled it off really well with Civilization Revolution back on PS3.
I ended up picking this up last night, and it's great. Controls perfectly with a controller.

Best buy sent out random certs emails again. I actually got one this time for 5$. Email is

W.O.W. Take advantage of our OFFERS

If you are super lucky you could end up with one as high as 500. But usually the average is 5-15.
expires the 26th.

If you use the $5 cert on kh memory of a melody it drops it to 16.19 for ps4/switch. 

I got the email but don't see a cert in it. Huh.
Mine had a tiny blue banner in the middle of the email, directly above some appliances. I did not see it the first time around either. Had already trashed the email, so thanks to shadowysea for pointing out the email

WOW I actually got $10! I actually deleted it and it apparently was from yesterday? Wish elden ring steelbooks were still available..

Got $10. You can't use it for PSN money, can you?

EDIT: No. It doesn't work on currency/gift cards. Ballz.

for those that may care, started up my free version of gta online and the trophies carry over, so free trophies if you played it on ps3 or ps4

Is there a way to upgrade GTA V to the PS5 version without owning a PS5? I am waiting to get a PS5 Slim and already own GTA V for the PS4.

Is there a way to upgrade GTA V to the PS5 version without owning a PS5? I am waiting to get a PS5 Slim and already own GTA V for the PS4.
Isn't really an upgrade. Should be able to buy the story mode for ten bucks on the web store.

The free GTA Online for Plus members i don't know if you can claim without the console though.

As far I can see the $10 story mode is only showing up on the PlayStation store on a PS5. Web store and app don't show it yet. Might be intentional or maybe a glitch. If it's intentional you'll need someone to log onto your account on a PS5 in order to purchase it. I just searched the web store and no version of GTA5 for PS5 shows up even the free online.

Ps5 slim?
Sony does a slim version of the console second to the launch version. PS2 phat\slim ps3 phat - slim - super (anorexic) slim, PS4 phat - slim - pro. so many people just wait for the superior version following the pattern instead of buying the launch ones. which usually have higher failure rates and other stuff wrong with them on top of the design. I'm doing the same thing. Though I might pick up a PS5 phat if they drop in price significantly like they usually do after the slim releases. But I don't think that may happen this time given the shortages.

Elden Ring has already sold over 12 million units.
I wonder how many of those sales were from free copies people got from the buy x get y sales like mine was.

bread's done
Back