Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Hopefully the PS Now trick most of us took advantage of solves all of this, but starting to have my doubts.
I hope so too. Stacked up 6 years of PS Now. :whistle2:

Has anyone seen reports from Asia about the game offerings they're getting over there? Curious how big the PS1 catalogue is, how much overlap there is between the new PS2-PS5 game lineup and what they previously had on their PS Now, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

I hope so too. Stacked up 6 years of PS Now. :whistle2:

Has anyone seen reports from Asia about the game offerings they're getting over there? Curious how big the PS1 catalogue is, how much overlap there is between the new PS2-PS5 game lineup and what they previously had on their PS Now, etc.
Those are the lists that have been popping up as far as I've seen. 10 PS1 games with several being PAL versions in all countries so far. They have full lists of all available games in those reports and tweets.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/05/24/days-of-play-2022-sale-starts-may-25/

PlayStation Store

This year's Days of Play celebration on PlayStation Store brings a multitude of discounted titles and indie must-plays on PS4 and PS5. That includes:

LEGO Star Wars: Skywalker Saga
Dying Light 2 Stay Human
Destiny 2 Witch Queen
Far Cry 6 Standard Edition

There are so many games, we can't include them all here. Check out a selection of top offerings below, then make sure to head over to PlayStation Store when the sale commences* to view the full selection and find out your local deals.

Direct from PlayStation

You can enjoy Days of Play discounts on accessories and games directly from PlayStation while supplies last. These include DualSense wireless controllers, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5), Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5), The Last of Us Part II (PS4), and the PS VR Marvel's Iron Man VR bundle. To find out more, head over to direct.playstation.com when Days of Play commences on May 25.

PlayStation Gear Store

PlayStation Gear Store is celebrating Days of Play with 20% off select merchandise for the duration of the promotion. But that's not all – there are three days of additional daily deals:

On May 25, spend over $50 and you'll receive an insulated beverage sleeve with your order.
On May 26, buy two God of War items and get a third free.
On May 27, you can enjoy a "5 under $5" PlayStation Shapes offer for that 24 hour period only.

Make sure to check PlayStation Gear Store for more details and deals.

PS5 Accessories

PS5 DualSense wireless controllers in White, Midnight Black, Cosmic Red, Starlight Blue, Nova Pink, and Galactic Purple are discounted for the duration of the Days of Play sale at select retailers globally**. Please check with your local retailer for more information.

Selection of PlayStation games included in Days of Play sale at PlayStation Store

Among Us
Assassin's Creed Odyssey – Deluxe Edition
Assassin's Creed Valhalla – Ragnarok Edition
BABYLON'S FALL
Back 4 Blood: Standard Edition PS4 & PS5
Baller Edition Bundle
Batman: Arkham Knight
Black Desert: Traveler Edition
Borderlands 3 PS4™ & PS5™
Call of Duty Vanguard – Cross-Gen Edition
Call of Duty Vanguard – Standard Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – Cross-Gen Bundle PS4™ & PS5™
Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – Standard Edition
CarX Drift Racing Online
Cities: Skylines – PlayStation 4 Edition
Crash Bandicoot™ 4: It's About Time
Cyberpunk 2077
DEATHLOOP
Diablo® II: Resurrected™ – Standard
Disco Elysium – The Final Cut
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
Dying Light 2 Stay Human PS4&PS5
Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition
FAR CRY®6 Standard Edition
Final Fantasy VII Remake
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE
FINAL FANTASY XIV Online – Complete Edition Ex4
Gang Beasts
Ghostwire: Tokyo
Grand Theft Auto V: Premium Edition
Green Hell
GTA Trilogy PS4 & PS5 Digital Bundle
Guardians of the Galaxy – Deluxe Edition
Hell Let Loose
HITMAN 3 – Standard Edition
HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED™
Insurgency: Sandstorm
It Takes Two PS4™ & PS5™
Kena: Bridge of Spirits PS4 & PS5
LEGO Harry Potter Collection
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Life is Strange: True Colors PS4 & PS5
Madden NFL 22: MVP Edition Post Launch (PS4)
Madden NFL 22: MVP Edition Post Launch (PS5)
Mafia: Definitive Edition
Mafia: Trilogy
Marvel's Avengers Endgame Edition
MLB® The Show™ 22 PS4
MLB® The Show™ 22 PS5
Monster Hunter: World
Mortal Kombat 11
MotoGP™22 PS4 & PS5
NBA 2K22
Need for Speed Heat: Standard Edition
NHL 22
Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition PS4 & PS5
No Man's Sky PS4 & PS5
OlliOlli World
Outer Wilds
OUTRIDERS PS4 & PS5
PERSONA 5 ROYAL
PGA TOUR 2K21
Rainbow Six Extraction Standard Edition
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil Village PS4 & PS5
Risk of Rain 2
Sackboy: A Big Adventure PS4 & PS5
SGWC2 COMPLETE EDITION
Sid Meier's Civilization VI
Slime Rancher
SNIPER GHOST WARRIOR CONTRACTS 2 COMPLETE EDITION
Sonic Colors: Ultimate
Soulcalibur VI
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – Deluxe Edition (PS5)
Stranded Deep
Street Fighter V: Champion Edition
Subnautica PS4 & PS5
Tales Of Arise Deluxe Edition PS4 & PS5
Terraria
TESO: NEW PS5 Base Edition
The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition PS5
The Last of Us Part II: Digital Deluxe Edition
The Nioh Collection
The Outer Worlds
theHunter: Call of the Wild
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands: Next-Level Edition
Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2
UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End & UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy Digital Bundle
UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
WWE 2K22

*Days of Play sale runs from Wednesday May 25 at 00.00am [local time] until Wednesday June 8 at 11.59pm [local time], with some promotional items available only while stocks last.

****Direct from PlayStation Days of Play promotion runs from Wednesday May 24 at 9pm PT / Thursday May 25 00.00am BST and ends June 8 2022. While stocks last.

Finally built out my list of PS One titles....

Chrono cross
Legend of Mana
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Suikoden II
Breath of Fire IV
Wild Arms 2
Legend of Dragoon
Resident Evil Directors Cut
Twisted Metal
Warhawk
Destruction Derby
Wild Arms
Final Fantasy IX
Suikoden
Grandia
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII
Hot Shots Golf 2

I'd be over the moon if I was able to spin up Suikoden I or II on my PS4 or PS5 to play them again.  I

Chrono cross
Legend of Mana
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Suikoden II
Breath of Fire IV
Wild Arms 2
Legend of Dragoon
Twisted Metal
Warhawk
Destruction Derby
Wild Arms
Final Fantasy IX
Suikoden
Grandia
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII
Hot Shots Golf 2

I'd be over the moon if I was able to spin up Suikoden I or II on my PS4 or PS5 to play them again. I
Throw in the two Lunar games and that's a pretty solid list.

Chrono cross
Legend of Mana
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Suikoden II
Breath of Fire IV
Wild Arms 2
Legend of Dragoon
Twisted Metal
Warhawk
Destruction Derby
Wild Arms
Final Fantasy IX
Suikoden
Grandia
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII
Hot Shots Golf 2

I'd be over the moon if I was able to spin up Suikoden I or II on my PS4 or PS5 to play them again. I
When you say "built out" what do you mean? Are you going to be putting these games on a PS Classic?

When you say "built out" what do you mean? Are you going to be putting these games on a PS Classic?
I logged into my Vita and went through the whole download list and just wrote them down. Pretty sure I already have them all on my PS Classic. :p

Throw in the two Lunar games and that's a pretty solid list.
No idea why I didn't buy those... Really should have. Hopefully I'll have the chance to rectify that.

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1529103463350673410?s=21&t=If7Lcktm407qZNxUHtA-Og
Looks like if you paid for a discounted PS+ from the Playstation store during a sale, they add the difference of the full price to your upgrade if you go to a higher tier. If you stacked years from pre-paid cards, you should be fine. (Not sure if there are pre-paid cards, but just adding that in case.) If you got a year for $45, they add $15 to the price of each year you got discounted when you upgrade.

Looks like if you paid for a discounted PS+ from the Playstation store during a sale, they add the difference of the full price to your upgrade if you go to a higher tier. If you stacked years from pre-paid cards, you should be fine. (Not sure if there are pre-paid cards, but just adding that in case.) If you got a year for $45, they add $15 to the price of each year you got discounted when you upgrade.
Sony is really Sonying this up.

Fewer titles than they just advertised and they're doing everything they can to scrape money out of it instead of encouraging people to try it and let the service sell itself. Does not speak to confidence in what they're offering at all.

Picked up Dungeon Defenders: Awakening.  Pretty steep at $30 but I liked the first two a lot.  If anyone else picked it up and wants to play co-op, hit me up.  I'll be playing it in an hour or two probably.

Probably the wrong place to ask but i am running out of option, people on ps5 reddit ignore my question.

I got a problem. I purchased the Lost Judgment season pass after it go on sale but i am issue lauching the game after. It is like after i press play, it is just stuck there and then ps5 power down when i try to exit the game. When i power back on it say repairing the hdd i tried delete and reinstall, same issue. I then try installing the game without network and after the game install from disc it work fine. Then I turn on the network and download the update and the dlc then it stop running again.
And yes i try my other disc game and they work. I conclude somehow the game update somehow to run on my ps5.

i did everything including reset the system and rebuild the data base and I even get my hand on anotrher copy of the game fpr ps5. What I discovered was it is not the dlc that cuase the issue but the 1.11 patch. I did a small test where i install the game without the network. Once it is installed, the game run fine. I then install the kaito file without the 1.11 patch, it work but the dlc won;t work without the 1.11 patch. I then install the 1.11 patch and the game fail to run. I even use another copy of the game and still failed. My only other hope is to get a hand on ps4 copy. Is there any kind of possibility to get psn to refund the cost of the dlc so i cna buy it on xbox instead?

What can potentially cause this issue? none of my other disc game have issue like this. I don;t think it is my ps5 having issue since this is the only game that cuase it.

So it’s basically no love for Asians? I’m kinda glad I never tried to risk it but for those who got it and won’t get charged extra to get the premium, happy for y’all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgA26_rkb7I
Guy says they catalog is way better than GamePass then proceeds to name Final Fantasy as a reason, which is on GamePass.

Sony is so fucking greedy, unreal.

You mean Lunar Silver Star Harmony?
That must be on PSN....I have it digital for the PSP so I must have bought it PSN.
If you're searching for it, look for HARMONY (not LUNAR).
I can find it available for purchase on my Vita
Yes that one is on PSN. We were talking about the PS1 such versions.

I don't think you can get the PSP anymore though after sonys recent update. Or at least you can't transfer stuff from the ps3 to vita iirc.

I don't think you can get the PSP anymore though after sonys recent update. Or at least you can't transfer stuff from the ps3 to vita iirc.
I think you can buy it on the Vita (or at least it appeared for me when I looked.)

Looks like it was $6 for a week back in 2015 and $9.74 in 2017.

Honestly, I'm just going to wait on a few titles to see if they relist if some of them become available for broader purchase again. As I look back at the titles available for the $1 sale back in the day, I'm incredibly disappointed that I didn't buy more of them.

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/deals

PS5 Accessories

$60 DualSense for any color

$90 Pulse 3D wireless headsets

$50 for the PS5 camera

$250 PSVR bundle with Iron Man

PS5 Games

$50 MLB The Show 22 (Same on PSN)

$40 Nioh Collection (Same on PSN)

$40 Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Same on PSN)

$30 Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves (Same on PSN)

PS4 Games

$40 MLB The Show 22 (Same on PSN)

$10 for various games

Eternal Blue was on PSN back in 2015 for Japan on ps3,psp,and vita

i think it was around $5

You mean Lunar Silver Star Harmony?

That must be on PSN....I have it digital for the PSP so I must have bought it PSN.

If you're searching for it, look for HARMONY (not LUNAR).

I can find it available for purchase on my Vita
Loved Lunar, still have the little strategy guide too

Of course the Dino Crisis series is 2 of the 10 games I bought from that flash sale. Awesome.
I also got Wild Arms 1 & 2, Tekken 2 and the 3 Syphon Filters so I'm doing well so far. Fingers crossed for Legend of Dragoon and Harvest Moon. :bouncy:
I looked at the 2015 flash sale list and the only classics in it that were different were Breath of Fire IV, Fighting Force and Megaman X4 and X5. I'd be surprised if the MegaMan games were added given the X Collection exists but the other two are probably fair game.

My game Emerald Shores is in this sale @ $1.99 ($1.24 for PS+ members). This is the all-time low price and the first time it's gone on sale in two years. :)

It's basically "take Super Mario World, add a level up system for jump damage, and throw in a bunch of sidequests and minigames." About 2 hours long, or maybe 3-4 for the platinum.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0770-CUSA04403_00-EMERALDSHORES001

If you're going for the platinum, I have a free strategy guide online here that details all the sidequests, etc.: http://fordesoft.com/strategy-guides/emerald-shores/cover

Probably the wrong place to ask but i am running out of option, people on ps5 reddit ignore my question.

I got a problem. I purchased the Lost Judgment season pass after it go on sale but i am issue lauching the game after. It is like after i press play, it is just stuck there and then ps5 power down when i try to exit the game. When i power back on it say repairing the hdd i tried delete and reinstall, same issue. I then try installing the game without network and after the game install from disc it work fine. Then I turn on the network and download the update and the dlc then it stop running again.
And yes i try my other disc game and they work. I conclude somehow the game update somehow to run on my ps5.

i did everything including reset the system and rebuild the data base and I even get my hand on anotrher copy of the game fpr ps5. What I discovered was it is not the dlc that cuase the issue but the 1.11 patch. I did a small test where i install the game without the network. Once it is installed, the game run fine. I then install the kaito file without the 1.11 patch, it work but the dlc won;t work without the 1.11 patch. I then install the 1.11 patch and the game fail to run. I even use another copy of the game and still failed. My only other hope is to get a hand on ps4 copy. Is there any kind of possibility to get psn to refund the cost of the dlc so i cna buy it on xbox instead?

What can potentially cause this issue? none of my other disc game have issue like this. I don;t think it is my ps5 having issue since this is the only game that cuase it.
Have you reached out to the developer on this? See if their website has a spot for submitting trouble tickets or, worst case, you can probably reach out to them on Twitter.

Chrono cross
Legend of Mana
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Suikoden II
Breath of Fire IV
Wild Arms 2
Legend of Dragoon
Twisted Metal
Warhawk
Destruction Derby
Wild Arms
Final Fantasy IX
Suikoden
Grandia
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII
Hot Shots Golf 2

Gosh, every PS1 title release like yours was an actual event. It was such a big deal saving up your allowance or part-time job money to $50, being able to buy one of the great jrgps or Playstation Greats, and then bringing the jewel case to school in your backpack while discussing the game with your friends, going over the instruction booklet, and EGM-like magazines.

still mad that the long box for King's Field was slightly before my time.

My game Emerald Shores is in this sale @ $1.99 ($1.24 for PS+ members). This is the all-time low price and the first time it's gone on sale in two years. :)

It's basically "take Super Mario World, add a level up system for jump damage, and throw in a bunch of sidequests and minigames." About 2 hours long, or maybe 3-4 for the platinum.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0770-CUSA04403_00-EMERALDSHORES001

If you're going for the platinum, I have a free strategy guide online here that details all the sidequests, etc.: http://fordesoft.com/strategy-guides/emerald-shores/cover
Took me six hours and 22 minutes to platinum. The trophy for completing the game without leveling higher than level 8 was brutal. I only manager to beat the final boss this way because my game started to slow down more and more each time I had to face him. Unintentional Slow-mo helped a lot.

Took me six hours and 22 minutes to platinum. The trophy for completing the game without leveling higher than level 8 was brutal. I only manager to beat the final boss this way because my game started to slow down more and more each time I had to face him. Unintentional Slow-mo helped a lot.
Oh wow, don't think I've seen that slowdown bug before. Glad it worked out in your favor though- that could be a good strategy if people are stuck (to just leave the game idling on the boss for a while to slow it down, and then come back and fight him). Thanks for picking the game up by the way.

I barely touched the PS3 so I think the only PS1 game I have is Resident Evil 3. Hoping mostly for the RE trilogy, Metal Gear, and Parasite Eve. Definitely will grab other games as long as they aren't PAL, and Dino Crisis is one of them.

How are you guys checking these old purchases?

Oh wow, don't think I've seen that slowdown bug before. Glad it worked out in your favor though- that could be a good strategy if people are stuck (to just leave the game idling on the boss for a while to slow it down, and then come back and fight him). Thanks for picking the game up by the way.
No prob. Yeah, I remember it was late at night and I wanted to go to bed, but I didn't want to give up for the night otherwise I'd lose the slowdown bug. That trophy and finishing Remix Mode were the last two I needed for the plat and got them both on the same run. Once I finally finished him, I went into the bedroom and crashed.

bread's done
Back