Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
LOL, 10 million sell through in two years is now a major bomb. You guys are funny.
You missed the part where sony would consider it underperforming when compared to the first game having sold more copies than the second, and the second costing even more money, development resources and such.

At the end of the day what we consider selling well and what they consider doing well are 2 different things since they have a very different set of expectations.

I grabbed Dragon’s Dogma, Ys Viii, Meow Motors, and Catlateral Damage Remeowstered. My daughter loves cats.
Immediately put Van Helsing in my cart along with Jay and Silent Bob Mall Brawl after the purchase. Haven’t pulled the trigger on those yet though. Van Helsing seems like a lot of play for the price, so I’ll probably end up grabbing that too.
Does anyone have experience with Titanic VR? It sounds like it could be amazing if done correctly….

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Dragon's Dogma too not sure if I will ever play it though. There are some hints and rumors that Dragon's Dogma 2 could appear at Capcom showcase.

Some good cheap games to check out from the sales:

Action Henk - $1.49

Assault Android Cactus - $3.74

Cat Quest - $2.59

Cat Quest II - $4.49

Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! - $3.24 - $2.59

Crypt of the Necrodancer - $2.99

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - $4.79

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - $3.74

Guacamelee! 2 - $4.99

Inferno 2 - $2.49 - $1.99 - Easy platinum

Iron Crypticle - $2.99

Lair of the Clockwork God - $4.99 - $2.99

Mr. Shifty - $3.74

Peggle 2 - $2.39

Race The Sun - $2.99

Riptide GP2 - $2.09 - $1.39

Rogue Legacy - $3.39

Serial Cleaner - $2.24

The Solitaire Conspiracy - $1.99 - $0.99

Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones - $0.99

The Swapper - $1.49

Thomas Was Alone - $1.49

Thumper - $4.99

Titanfall 2 - $3.99

Ultratron - $1.49

Wuppo - $1.99

Yoku's Island Express - $4.99

Also, Lawn Mowing Simulator is at a new low of $13.39

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/steven-universe-save-the-light 8.74 

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen 4.79

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/shining-resonance-refrain 5.99

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/darkest-dungeon 4.99

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/fairy-fencer-f-advent-dark-force 5.99

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/steven-universe-unleash-the-light 12.49

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom 8.99

I highly rec steven universe save the light it really scratched the paper mario itch. I've played 3 of them attack the light save the light and unleash the light and thus far save the light is my favorite of them.  I never played phantom fable since that was apple arcade whatever only. 

Unleash the light is ok but it falls back to attack the light style gameplay with limited 2d exploration and regular turn based combat. 

fairy fencer is a low budget turn based game with positioning much like the other neptunia games or cold steel among others.  It's pretty easy and not grindy unlike the neptunia games. It's worth at least a playthrough.

You missed the part where sony would consider it underperforming when compared to the first game having sold more copies than the second, and the second costing even more money, development resources and such.

At the end of the day what we consider selling well and what they consider doing well are 2 different things since they have a very different set of expectations.
If they were disappointed, why did they just do PR to announce the number? Compare it to a situation like Days Gone where we're guessing what the actual sales numbers are because Sony never released them.

The hate boner that the internet has for TLOU2 is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen in 40 years of gaming, and the damn thing still sold 10 million in two years.

Leisure Suit Larry double pack of Wet Dreams Don't Dry and Wet Dreams Dry Twice.
TLOU is making you all too upset.

You really should be angry at Leisure Suit Larry.

Make up your goddamned mind game. It can't be both don't dry and dry twice.

I thought Cat Quest was so much better  than Cat Quest 2 and it's cheaper.

Better humor, better story and more, um, difficult.  Niether one is that difficult but CQ2 let's you attack from a distance.  2 is co-op if you watn to play with your kids. 

The fact that they still haven't done a full ground up remake for Leisure Suit Larry Part I despite the original selling tens of copies is a damn travesty. Imagine hat could be accomplished with today's jiggle physics

If they were disappointed, why did they just do PR to announce the number? Compare it to a situation like Days Gone where we're guessing what the actual sales numbers are because Sony never released them.

The hate boner that the internet has for TLOU2 is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen in 40 years of gaming, and the damn thing still sold 10 million in two years.
Sony's handling of Days Gone is what pisses me off. My wife as well as I enjoyed the game and we beat it threes times the last 3 years. Love the story and the horde hunting. They need to let Bend Studio make a sequel as it can not be no worse than LOU2 which to me is not as bad as the public keeps bitching about.

I wish they had announced a Dragon's Dogma remaster instead of TLOU. That's a franchise long overdue for one, or a sequel.

10 million now is almost nothing depending on the game and studio.

I'm sure it was a success to Sony- disappointing but still a success.
You have to understand how much goes into these games now and 100's of millions now play games standard's have changed for better or worse.

Look at call of duty vanguard. We believe it sold 16-18 million copies in 8 MONTHS and Activision said it was disappointed with sales. Also the best selling game of 2021...that came out in November

Didn't elden ring already pass 13 million? Exactly my point -Edit it was at 13.4 million in march. So most likely about to or smashed 15 million.

You're comparing massive multiplats (including PC) with a console exclusive, though. 10 million seller console exclusives were strictly Nintendo territory until Sony started doing it, and I think they've only done it before with TLOU1, UC4, Spidey 1, GoW and Horizon ZD (GoT is close I believe but not there yet).

It also reached 10 million sold through faster than the original, despite the original being on two systems when it got to 10.

Given that this most recent PSN sale is 2000+ items, are there any other recommendations other CAGs have similar to Shiftygism’s mention of Dragon’s Dogma? Any game or deal that could be flying under people’s radars? Just to keep the ball rolling, I picked up Bloodroots because this was the first time it had gotten a substantial sale on the PS Store.

And good call on the Dragon’s Dogma deal, Shiftygism—thanks for pointing that out!
https://www.dekudeals.com/items/bloodroots

I wish I knew about this game when it hit $2 on the Switch. Seems like a good game for the Switch since it is less graphically-demanding.

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/bloodroots

I wish I knew about this game when it hit $2 on the Switch. Seems like a good game for the Switch since it is less graphically-demanding.
Yeah, for whatever reason the price has remained stubbornly higher on PS platforms. According to psprices, it only ever went on sale once before and that was very shortly after it was released. Normally I wait until most games hit the 60-90% off window, but given the relative rarity thus far that Bloodroots has gone on sale, combined with the Dollar General deal on PSN credit, I figured I could make an exception this time.

But yeah, for $2 I would have been all over it. Hope it hits that level again for you, now that it’s on your radar!

I wish they had announced a Dragon's Dogma remaster instead of TLOU. That's a franchise long overdue for one, or a sequel.
Dragon's Dogma 2 was in the Nvidia leak, and the Capcom hack. Capcom put up a random 10th anniversary site for a series with 1.5 entries. Itsuno retweeted the Capcom showcase 4 days ago.

It will probably be announced either in the Xbox or Capcom show.

You're comparing massive multiplats (including PC) with a console exclusive, though. 10 million seller console exclusives were strictly Nintendo territory until Sony started doing it, and I think they've only done it before with TLOU1, UC4, Spidey 1, GoW and Horizon ZD (GoT is close I believe but not there yet).

It also reached 10 million sold through faster than the original, despite the original being on two systems when it got to 10.
You aren't wrong. And Sony sees that they don't have legs which is why they will now appear on PC.

I won't trash last of us. I didn't like it but it was successful enough for a sequel and remake. I just didn't agree with 2 winning a game of the year award but that's subjective.

Looking at the price history, I'm sad I missed Dark Souls 3 Deluxe when it was $13.59.
You can get a physical copy of the fires faded edition of DS3 which has all the same content (base game + the 2 DLC) for a similar price. You can buy it off walmart.com for $14.88 currently. If click to compare all sellers you will find it there shipped and sold by walmart, I don't know why it is showing the higher price version on the main page. https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/802724741

Dragon's Dogma 2 was in the Nvidia leak, and the Capcom hack. Capcom put up a random 10th anniversary site for a series with 1.5 entries. Itsuno retweeted the Capcom showcase 4 days ago.

It will probably be announced either in the Xbox or Capcom show.
Forgot about the Capcom show; RIP $5. Oh well, now I've secured a DD2 announcement.

So is PS+ Premium working for east coast people? I am on the West coast and haven't tried my PS5 yet.

**EDIT** Just logged on my PS5 and it has the welcome to Playstation Plus up and running and I can download PS+ games. No new interface or anything and will do some more digging but the conversion is live for me at least as I only had PS Now. I am sure Sony will update it as the day goes on.

So is PS+ Premium working for east coast people? I am on the West coast and haven't tried my PS5 yet.

**EDIT** Just logged on my PS5 and it has the welcome to Playstation Plus up and running and I can download PS+ games. No new interface or anything and will do some more digging but the conversion is live for me at least as I only had PS Now. I am sure Sony will update it as the day goes on.
On the other side of things, it's still showing me as having two different subscriptions - 3 years left of Plus and a recurring one-month subscription to Now.

Seems like you need to restart your PS5/PS4 if you don't shut it down every night to see it take effect. The PS+ icon on the left end of the home screen on PS5 has "PlayStation Plus | Premium" under it.

PS1 Games

Ape Escape

Hot Shots Golf

I.Q.

Jumping Flash

Mr. Driller

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee

Resident Evil Director's Cut

Syphon Filter

Tekken 2

Wild Arms

Worms Armageddon

Worms World Party

PSP

Echochrome

The PS1 games I owned on PS3/PSP/Vita showed up as Download/Free on its page, so that works well. The others show up with the PS+ download button and one for paying the full price.

Resident Evil, Tekken 2, and Mr. Driller aren't showing purchase options yet.

Most are $10, thought they'd be a bit cheaper based on the other regions.

The PS1 games I owned on PS3/PSP/Vita showed up as Download/Free on its page, so that works well. The others show up with the PS+ download button and one for paying the full price.
Anyone know if it is only supposed to be select PS1 games that show up for free/download if you previously bought them? I'm not subscribed to the new plus, but I was able to claim/download syphon filter and odd world. Tekken 2 and Resident Evil DC are prompting me to upgrade, but I know I bought those, too.

They did say only select PS1/PSP games would be able to be bought outside the subscription service (and presumably as a result, only select previous purchases can be claimed for free on PS4/PS5).
I assumed they were referring to games that had been either delisted from the store or had never been offered on the store at all, but I guess not.
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/05/16/all-new-playstation-plus-game-lineup-assassins-creed-valhalla-demons-souls-ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-nba-2k22-and-more-join-the-service/
Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of select games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase.
Looks like these are purchaseable (and able to be claimed for free if already purchased on PS3/PSP/Vita):
Ape Escape
echochrome
Hot Shots Golf
IQ Intelligent Qube
Jumping Flash!
Oddworld Abe's Odyssey
Syphon Filter
Wild Arms
Worms Armageddon
Worms World Party

There are subscription only:
Mr. Driller
Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Tekken 2

I'm a little disappointed that the Sly Cooper games are apparently casualties of the switch from Now to Plus Premium.

The PS1 and PS2 classics library also sorely needs beefing up.

But on the bright side, the one month card I redeemed did, after the auto-renew, roll me over into PS Plus Premium until August of '25. Gamble paid off.

There's no option to turn off auto-renew, afterwards, though. Heads up to anybody who converted to Plus Premium but might have an expiration coming up on them - the options I'm seeing post-conversion are to change plan or cancel subscription. I don't have to WORRY about that for three years, but that could be an unfortunate $119.98 (the total they're showing for renewal) hit for anybody not expecting it.

I'm a little disappointed that the Sly Cooper games are apparently casualties of the switch from Now to Plus Premium.

The PS1 and PS2 classics library also sorely needs beefing up.

But on the bright side, the one month card I redeemed did, after the auto-renew, roll me over into PS Plus Premium until August of '25. Gamble paid off.

There's no option to turn off auto-renew, afterwards, though. Heads up to anybody who converted to Plus Premium but might have an expiration coming up on them - the options I'm seeing post-conversion are to change plan or cancel subscription. I don't have to WORRY about that for three years, but that could be an unfortunate $119.98 (the total they're showing for renewal) hit for anybody not expecting it.
The Sly Collection and Sly 4 are still able to be streamed. They were never given PS4 ports, only the Jak series was.
I noticed the inability to disable auto-renew too. I'm hoping it'll be fixed once the two subscriptions are completely merged.
Edit: Nevermind. Just noticed the 0 days timer on the page in the PS Now app. Disappointing.

The Sly Collection and Sly 4 are still able to be streamed. They were never given PS4 ports, only the Jak series was.
I noticed the inability to disable auto-renew too. I'm hoping it'll be fixed once the two subscriptions are completely merged.
See, I was assuming streaming, but I sorted the PS3 games by name and while all the Ratchet games that were on Now were still there, I didn't see Sly at all. I'll go look again.

See, I was assuming streaming, but I sorted the PS3 games by name and while all the Ratchet games that were on Now were still there, I didn't see Sly at all. I'll go look again.
Yeah, I edited the post. They are on the list in the PS Now app on my PS4 but on the individual page it says 0 days left.
I get PS Now losing some third-party titles since contracts needed to be renegotiated but it's a first-party series..

bread's done
Back