Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Remember console wars are for poor people and games are the cheapest they've ever been.
Yep LOL.

It's just that Xbox is the most redundant system to purchase, for any real gamer that has a custom gaming PC.

Prolly great if you were just going to own one device, and do one subscription. But yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a Series X, PS5, PS4, PS3, Switch, Switch OLED, Steam Deck, Vita, 2DS, 2DS XL, 3DS XL, ODIN Pro, Miyoo Mini, RG351V.

I try to play one game at a time rotating through the systems. There is not enough time to play everything but this way I can try to justify buying all of these things in my mind.

I have Gamepass but I think it is going to be a bad thing for us as consumers ultimately when we lose the ability to own games physically to play offline.

I own a Series X, PS5, PS4, PS3, Switch, Switch OLED, Steam Deck, Vita, 2DS, 2DS XL, 3DS XL, ODIN Pro, Miyoo Mini, RG351V.

I try to play one game at a time rotating through the systems. There is not enough time to play everything but this way I can try to justify buying all of these things in my mind.

I have Gamepass but I think it is going to be a bad thing for us as consumers ultimately when we lose the ability to own games physically to play offline.
That fight was lost long ago when day one patches became normal. Nobody owns their games anymore without online so it's completely moot.

That fight was lost long ago when day one patches became normal. Nobody owns their games anymore without online so it's completely moot.
I was a long-time holdout for physical game collections but between this^ and the ability to play on multiplayer two TVs at once, I'm pretty much all digital these days.

This is the part that gets me right here. I also have Gamepass, but I foolishly also buy physical copies once they're on sale just so I can have "my" copy. I'm also grateful that I went on a quest to obtain more of the classic consoles back in 2016/2017 so I don't have to face current prices.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1539398007514312704
A few games on my wishlist have gone on sale including Salt and Sanctuary as well as Poison Control.

30% off for Ender Lilies is the lowest it's been but was still hoping for a deeper discount. Might still hold off.

This is the part that gets me right here. I also have Gamepass, but I foolishly also buy physical copies once they're on sale just so I can have "my" copy. I'm also grateful that I went on a quest to obtain more of the classic consoles back in 2016/2017 so I don't have to face current prices.
The only good thing at least is that emulation advancements are progressing at a rapid rate so if the developers don't want to support their old systems or our old purchases on the original hardware then the community is archiving digital versions for us.

I sometimes think it is better to not use my PS3 and just emulate to avoid wear and tear on the console. My save games are going to be more secure playing an emulated version of the game rather than the PS3 version since those saves become obsolete once the console dies and Sony stops supporting the online functionality of the device. Even if they are in the cloud, I won't be able to make use of those saves without the console.

The only good thing at least is that emulation advancements are progressing at a rapid rate so if the developers don't want to support their old systems or our old purchases on the original hardware then the community is archiving digital versions for us.

I sometimes think it is better to not use my PS3 and just emulate to avoid wear and tear on the console. My save games are going to be more secure playing an emulated version of the game rather than the PS3 version since those saves become obsolete once the console dies and Sony stops supporting the online functionality of the device. Even if they are in the cloud, I won't be able to make use of those saves without the console.
You can also backup PS3 saves to a USB drive. Some saves are tied to the PSN you created it with though.

So does that mean that my ps3 online saves can't be accessed with the streaming service?
This is a good question. I haven't researched it but I can try it out and see. I do have Echochrome that I bought on PS3 and it's on the new service but I though only the PSP versions registered as cross buy so I think I would have to start from scratch. When I get a chance, I will backup by PS3 and then turn on my PS5 and see what is there. If someone beats me to it, they can answer you.

So does that mean that my ps3 online saves can't be accessed with the streaming service?
You can access them. The PS3 games have a mini-XMB bar and you can access your PS3 cloud saves from there. You just have to copy it over to the XMB local saves and use them. I went and downloaded them all to the local save folder on PS Now last month and loaded up Infamous, which I hadn't played on PS Now/PS+ streaming and it pulled in that save as the game was loading.

How easy or hard is it to request a refund? I recently purchased Ys 8 but just noticed that it's on PS+ Extra and think it would be more advantageous to just upgrade the rest of my remaining sub to PS+ Extra for $20 cad. (161 days remaining on my current plan)

Here's the refund page:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/store/ps-store-refund-request/
Easy as long as you didn't download/stream it. Sometimes even if you have not done either of those they still won't give you a refund. Might as well try.

Easy as long as you didn't download/stream it. Sometimes even if you have not done either of those they still won't give you a refund. Might as well try.
Thanks! Definitely didn't download the game yet. I've never asked for a refund before and don't mind owning the game so don't care either way. Just working my way through the Ys series now and thoroughly enjoying it.

Did I miss the window to transfer stuff from the paid fall guys to the free one? I wasn’t really paying attention because I’d lost interest with the game. But now a friend who favors Xbox is getting excited to play it on that console and if he does I will play with him. But I don’t remember how to get all my goodies or if I still can. I’m pretty sure I remember that there is cross progression? So did I wait too long, or can I still get my stuff?

Did I miss the window to transfer stuff from the paid fall guys to the free one? I wasn’t really paying attention because I’d lost interest with the game. But now a friend who favors Xbox is getting excited to play it on that console and if he does I will play with him. But I don’t remember how to get all my goodies or if I still can. I’m pretty sure I remember that there is cross progression? So did I wait too long, or can I still get my stuff?
Launch the PS4 version and you should be fine.

Also looks like The Last Blade 2 and Garou: Mark of the Wolves were added to PS+ Premium. Don’t believe they were there previously.

If I buy a digital copy of HFW for ps4, do I also get the Ps5 version for free? Any reason not to just get the ps4 version?

You can also backup PS3 saves to a USB drive. Some saves are tied to the PSN you created it with though.
Yeah. I have backed up my saves to a USB drive. I wanted to migrate my Fallout 3, Oblivion and Skyrim save files to make them work with the PC Steam versions for future posterity. I know there is a way to do it but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

RPCS3 can also make use of imported save data from the PS3 console so at least that is good news for future preservation. Everyone should make sure to backup their PS3 Console save data to a USB drive and then archive it on your computer or cloud if applicable.

Sony actually giving people options and what they want for a change. This is a weird feeling!
Yeah, the option to play PAL or NTSC should be available. The 50fps for PAL is a downgrade (at a slight resolution upgrade), but some people grew up playing games like Tekken 3, the NTSC version feels too fast for them. Although 50 fps isn't evenly divisible to 60, so it will create some minor fluidity issues that I'm sure Digital Foundry will consider making the game "unplayable".

Yeah. I have backed up my saves to a USB drive. I wanted to migrate my Fallout 3, Oblivion and Skyrim save files to make them work with the PC Steam versions for future posterity. I know there is a way to do it but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

RPCS3 can also make use of imported save data from the PS3 console so at least that is good news for future preservation. Everyone should make sure to backup their PS3 Console save data to a USB drive and then archive it on your computer or cloud if applicable.
Yep PS3/PS4 saves everyone should back up to a USB drive and then have that on a PC or another drive as another backup. I lost all my saves on the PS3 years ago after getting the YLOD and ever since then save backups are done every week or two for me.

I snagged a cheap Sonic Origins code last night off a buddy on Reddit.  Game is pretty solid.  Sadly wish there were more games on the collection.

bread's done
Back