Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
It has happened before but not in the USA. I think the PS3 and PS4 got price increased in other markets mostly due to currency exchange.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy. When was the last time console prices increased after a couple years in the market?
The Meta Facebook VR thing increased by $100. At least PS5 only increased by $20 in Canada. The other countries had their currencies sink. But no one really thinks of consoles as luxury goods - not even the latest ones - which they very much are. I would imagine designer fashion fluctuates more wildly in price.

Yeah the dollar has very much changed vs other currency recently, so it seems less like a price increase and more like a correction of currency exchange IMO.

Yeah the dollar has very much changed vs other currency recently, so it seems less like a price increase and more like a correction of currency exchange IMO.
Manufacturing contracts could be in USD and need to compensate to recoup where currency has fallen against the dollar. Or they are increasing the price because they can. Everyone is expecting inflation now.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1563149589577973760

“Another, which started as a prototype but ended up being really successful during playtesting is a feature that plays dialogue through the PS5 DualSense controller as haptic feedback. That way a deaf player can feel the way a line is delivered, can feel the emphasis, along with the subtitles to give some sense of how that line is delivered.”

Streaming some Arcade Paradise if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. I'm liking it a lot so far, as it has a nice gameplay loop and progression of running the laundromat and improving the arcade. The arcade games have been pretty good so far.

Dunno of it's been mentioned but you can get a $5 Kroger eGift card when you buy two PS cards at Kroger. The lowest denomination it applies to are the $25 ones, but with two $25 cards that's basically 10% off if you get your groceries from there anyway. You need to redeem the coupon in the Kroger app, which you should be using anyway if that's your main grocery store. Some of those coupons are insane. I got a 20% off total purchase coupon once, so I stocked up on a bunch of meats on sale and nonperishables for the basement freezer and pantry, and saved over $100 from that coupon alone lol.

I'm planning on getting a month of PS+ Extra soon so I can play Stray. Not planning to use PS+ beyond that for the near future, so out of curiosity - can you sign up on the day the monthly games turn over (before the games actually switch out) and claim 3 months' worth of free games?

I'm aware that you need an active subscription to actually play the games.
Bumping in case anyone can answer this, I guess this got lost among the PS5 price increase hoopla

Bumping in case anyone can answer this, I guess this got lost among the PS5 price increase hoopla
The thing is, your sub would be 30 days,and the monthly games don't release a set number of days apart. You COULD get lucky, maybe, if you did it right before February's games or September's. But it's tied to a specific Tuesday of the month and that may or may not come fewer than 30 days apart from game group 1 to game group 3.

For example, a 31 day month where the first Tuesday is the 1st, the first Tuesday of the following month is gonna be the 5th. 36 days between.

So you can't count on being able to do that but it COULD work under the right circumstances.

The thing is, your sub would be 30 days,and the monthly games don't release a set number of days apart. You COULD get lucky, maybe, if you did it right before February's games or September's. But it's tied to a specific Tuesday of the month and that may or may not come fewer than 30 days apart from game group 1 to game group 3.
Got it, thanks. It looks like there are 28 days between next Tuesday and the first Tuesday in October so hopefully that will work. Might sign up Sunday or Monday to give myself an extra day or so to check out RDR2 before it leaves Extra.

I grabbed the Seagate Horizon 5tb from Amazon last week when it hit $130… any benefit to the WD Black 5tb other than saving some money? I like the collectors aspect of the Seagate Horizon drive, but I really want the best performance for a 5tb drive too.

I'm streaming that TMNT collection, if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a pretty rad collection of games that is worth checking out.

Leaked PS+ games for September

dK4Gm9g.jpg

Looks like Sony decided that announcing PS+ games on two different days was too confusing, so they went ahead and announced September's Extra and Premium games just now, which includes Deathloop: https://blog.playstation.com/2022/08/31/playstation-plus-monthly-games-and-game-catalog-lineup-for-september-revealed/
Looks like someone goofed on the image on the bottom of the page. I don't know what Unrailed is, but it isn't free. Also the dates on the image are 2/8/22 - 5/9/22

53a18bdb40ba5ee57ba4fff5e47b487d8f3f4d95.jpg

A resounding meh for Plus Basic for September.
Granblue is the highlight for me and that's not saying much.
Extra is ok, much better Ubi dump than last month but the non-Ubi stuff is weaker.
No complaints about Premium this month, this should be the minimum output more or less.

bread's done
Back