Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
So, you can get games and store credit based on how many points you earn.  

$5 store credit for 1,250 points

$20 for 5,000 points (no discounts)

Only 50 points for buying a (brand-new) game right now though... they really need to work out how many points you earn for things.  

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you can get games and store credit based on how many points you earn.

$5 store credit for 1,250 points

$20 for 5,000 points (no discounts)

Only 50 points for buying a (brand-new) game right now though... they really need to work out how many points you earn for things.
I got 81 points for an $8.11 purchase. $5 for 1250 points is a 4% return (better if you got your PSN credit at a discount).

50 point bonus for buying a $70 game is a bit weak.

You need to get credit if you own games that are part of the tasks. Like I own all the games from the list so I can’t rebuy any of them lol

Can you actually sign up now for PS Stars in the US?

I click on the Join Now button and nothing happens.

The button for Get the App works but I already have the app.

So we DO get points back just for spending on anything?
Now I feel dumb for buying Need for Speed Heat Deluxe last night.
Can you actually sign up now for PS Stars in the US?
I click on the Join Now button and nothing happens.

The button for Get the App works but I already have the app.
Had similar issues but after receiving an email about the program and using the link within, was able to register successfully.

I retried a dozen times with the email link.  It finally let me proceed.

I'm on the waitlist now aparently.  Better than nothing, I guess.

Kinda excited by the Stars thing. The MS Rewards has been good enough that it has had me playing mostly on xbox the last few years. I am a sucker for these types of things. Hope is it relatively bug free.

Kinda excited by the Stars thing. The MS Rewards has been good enough that it has had me playing mostly on xbox the last few years. I am a sucker for these types of things. Hope is it relatively bug free.
This seems more like Nintendo's reward program than MS rewards. I have already put in more effort trying to finish a quest to get a picture of a Sony boombox than I have getting 3 months of Game Pass on MS rewards. If you buy 100 of the select PS games you can get yourself a $20 gift card. I did not read everything about it but maybe when you get to higher tiers the cost goes down.

I got 81 points for an $8.11 purchase. $5 for 1250 points is a 4% return (better if you got your PSN credit at a discount).

50 point bonus for buying a $70 game is a bit weak.
I'm curious if to your point the 50 point bonus is just that , bonus + your dollar amount spent... i.e.

$74.56 spent = 745 points + 50 bonus ; if that makes sense?

I'm curious if to your point the 50 point bonus is just that , bonus + your dollar amount spent... i.e.

$74.56 spent = 745 points + 50 bonus ; if that makes sense?
It seems to be exactly like the MS Rewards where they give an extra bonus for certain new games, on top of the points for total amount spent.

This seems more like Nintendo's reward program than MS rewards. I have already put in more effort trying to finish a quest to get a picture of a Sony boombox than I have getting 3 months of Game Pass on MS rewards. If you buy 100 of the select PS games you can get yourself a $20 gift card. I did not read everything about it but maybe when you get to higher tiers the cost goes down.
This is also my first impression. They aren't trying to compete with MS but doing pretty much what Nintendo is.

It seems largely just like Microsoft's Game Pass Rewards quests of random stuff that it asks of you.

If you have PS+ premium, you can just stream games to get credit for the campaigns that have them.

World Warrior's Challenge - MK11

Hit Play/1994 - Death Stranding, Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Until Dawn (Returnal is the last game, but isn't PS+ streamable)

It seems largely just like Microsoft's Game Pass Rewards quests of random stuff that it asks of you.

If you have PS+ premium, you can just stream games to get credit for the campaigns that have them.

World Warrior's Challenge - MK11
Hit Play/1994 - Death Stranding, Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Until Dawn (Returnal is the last game, but isn't PS+ streamable)
Yeah, at first thought you had to do all of the games but you only have to do 1 game to complete it. Pretty easy, except the one you have to buy stuff. They should do the trophy count like the last reward system they had. Also free physical merch like the ps shirt i got years and years ago.

I miss the trophy pass and it's kind of bullshit that the rebate requires Plus but otherwise, I dig the new program. If they really want to be a Microsoft Rewards competitor though, they need to overhaul Sony Rewards and merge them again.

Registered with PS Stars and got app. Hope they get less stingy with points rewards. "Complete campaigns to earn points," they say. But the only campaign that even give points is the one to purchase new, full price games? Oh well, got the other campaign prizes for firing up Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Detroit Become Human.

Edit: Nvm, haven't gotten campaign for Detroit game yet. Got October check-in and the fighting game one instantly though.

Registered with PS Stars and got app. Hope they get less stingy with points rewards. "Complete campaigns to earn points," they say. But the only campaign that even give points is the one to purchase new, full price games? Oh well, got the other campaign prizes for firing up Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Detroit Become Human.

Edit: Nvm, haven't gotten campaign for Detroit game yet. Got October check-in and the fighting game one instantly though.
Yeah, the fighting game reward only requires you to play one of the listed fighting games, but the song lyrics reward (which Detroit is a part of,) requires you to play all six of the matching games.

It says started and Auto-registered so I think so? I will give it a week and I am sure I will play one of those again and see if it works.
Yeah. You should be good to go. Probably launch week issues with the service. I noticed some of the rewards popped instantly while a couple took over a hour to register. Hopefully it gets worked out soon.

That's not true. I only played Returnal and got the reward.
I had to do every single one of them, as have most other reports and guides all of the web will tell you. Each one only progressed you about 17% towards your progress bar. Mine wasn't marked completed, and I didn't get the reward, until I finished all of them.

I had to do every single one of them, as have most other reports and guides all of the web will tell you. Each one only progressed you about 17% towards your progress bar. Mine wasn't marked completed, and I didn't get the reward, until I finished all of them.
I just read that the Hit Play 1994 campaign is extremely glitchy in all regions. Sucks for those having issues. Some people are even reporting getting double coins on rewards. Launch week issues should be expected though.

bread's done
Back