Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I don't know much about GTA online. Are they offering the paid GTA service free for the weekend, or are there other things to be done outside of the paid service?

Moss: Book 1 & 2 are coming to PSVR2:

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/12/07/immersive-new-features-give-the-moss-franchise-a-fresh-look-and-feel-on-playstation-vr2/

10% PS+ discounts for individual games, 20% for the bundle. Doesn't seem like they're offering free upgrades.
Yup. No free upgrades and not even a paid upgrade path like PS5 has. Very disappointing. I really hope this doesn't become the norm. Maybe since Moss is one of the best VR games, Sony thinks they can get away with stuff like this. They are telling their customers that if they want to play Moss 1 and 2 and they have already bought it on PSVR1(a lot of other games too), they need to keep their mangled wired mess hooked up to play those games or buy them all over again after they pay $549 plus tax on a new system. It's not consumer friendly at all and shows me that Sony is still not very serious about making VR more mainstream.

Yup. No free upgrades and not even a paid upgrade path like PS5 has. Very disappointing. I really hope this doesn't become the norm. Maybe since Moss is one of the best VR games, Sony thinks they can get away with stuff like this. They are telling their customers that if they want to play Moss 1 and 2 and they have already bought it on PSVR1(a lot of other games too), they need to keep their mangled wired mess hooked up to play those games or buy them all over again after they pay $549 plus tax on a new system. It's not consumer friendly at all and shows me that Sony is still not very serious about making VR more mainstream.
I guess I am in the market for a psvr 1 now so I can play all those ps plus games. I assumed many studios would have an update or discounted pathway to work on the new system. Sad I did not buy at BBY when it was in stock.

Totally forgot it even came out, but does anyone have any experience with Chrono Cross Radical Dreamers edition release update thing? I liked the original CC back when I played it 100 years ago, but was wondering if it would be worth the pickup on the "revamped" version?

Totally forgot it even came out, but does anyone have any experience with Chrono Cross Radical Dreamers edition release update thing? I liked the original CC back when I played it 100 years ago, but was wondering if it would be worth the pickup on the "revamped" version?
The main thing that's added is Radical Dreamers, which is worthwhile if you haven't played it before. It's not a great remaster technically, and the only widescreen options are unusable (crop, stretch).

Streaming some Shin-chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation if you want to see it in action, which is on its first sale since launch a few months ago.

Edit: Here's the archive. This is a spiritual successor to the Boku no Natsuyasumi games with the director Kaz Ayabe directing this game in the same style, where you play as Shin chan going on vacation with his family and getting the day to explore, collect bugs/fish, do errands for people, listen to people tell stories, and just have a chill summer vacation while some weird stuff happens with this professor comes into play at times with some science shenanigans. Days seem to last about 30 minutes or so, which it's a fairly quick progression to see what's next.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m only seeing a 10% discount to preorder Moss 1&2 collection, not the 20% off that the ps blog mentioned. If I can get it preordered for the full 20% off I think I’ll do it. I never did buy Book 2, which makes having to pay rebuy only half the issue it is to me as to some

I’m only seeing a 10% discount to preorder Moss 1&2 collection, not the 20% off that the ps blog mentioned. If I can get it preordered for the full 20% off I think I’ll do it. I never did buy Book 2, which makes having to pay rebuy only half the issue it is to me as to some
According to the youtube channel PSVR2 without parole, Sony has changed the price multiple times today.

With the PS+ discounts, it is 20% cheaper than the individual games, which is what I'm guessing they meant. $36 versus $45 or $6 more than Book II at full price for both.

Looks like there's a new sale for The Game Awards that is live now.
The Game Awards sale (ends 12/12 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/672abc54-3a78-4a8f-9559-eddc41b2fc29/1
Quick FYI to all, on the PS5 version of the store, there’s also an icon at the very top of the Game Awards sale page for a Demo Festival that looks to be a tie-in with tonight’s show. Four free demos to try there—Thirsty Suitors, SEASON: A letter to the future, Bramble: The Mountain King, and You Suck At Parking.

Is rando of blood/STON bundle worth $4? Is SOTN better than the xbox version?
For $4 I would say it is better because you get 2 (SOTN/ROB)Castlevania games whereas the XBox 360 arcade game only has 1 (SOTN). For the cheap price it's a no brainer to buy in my opinion.

Is rando of blood/STON bundle worth $4? Is SOTN better than the xbox version?
It has a new, better translation than the OG version, which could be better or worse depending on your need for the cheesy weird writing of the original game. Plus a platinum trophy and some other improvements, I believe. About as good as it can get without a remake.

Glad to see Tunic has finally gotten a sale, but it is only 20% off and I have a ton to play and not enough time to play everything so I’ll wait for a deeper sale.

Never played armored core. Excited to try it. DS2 and FF16 2023 is gonna be a good year. Didn’t see any spiderman or wolverine sadly

I don't know much about GTA online. Are they offering the paid GTA service free for the weekend, or are there other things to be done outside of the paid service?
Anybody know anything about this? Basically I never play online, and I was wondering if there are any goodies to be gotten for the single player mode. If not then I won't even bother updating.

Anybody know anything about this? Basically I never play online, and I was wondering if there are any goodies to be gotten for the single player mode. If not then I won't even bother updating.
Did you claim the monthly $1 million for PS Plus members for a year? It's separate from single-player, but you can start buying nice stuff right away.

No, it's completely separate. You'll hate it, especially if you only play for a weekend. Well, unless you love listening to young kids screaming into a mic and blasting awful music while they chase you down in their rocket bikes they bought with their parents' credit card.

I did really enjoy the heists, but that was playing with my friends. If you're truly interested, maybe see if anyone on your friends list wants to do some Doomsday Heist missions with you or something.

Streaming some Sky: Children of the Light for those that want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a live service spin on something like Journey with more people that show up to work or hang out with as you explore these areas, solve some simple puzzles, and learn more about the world and its people. I also checked out the Aurora concert that was announced at The Game Awards in the latter half of the video, which was pretty impressive for a game of this scale to do something on the level of what Fortnite does for its big live concerts and other events.

do the re2 and 3 remakes play well enough for someone who started off with re7 and village? debating getting them as a gift. re4 is too far off
Yeah. 'Course. Gameplay and design-wise, they're extremely similar. Tonally, they're different since Resident Evil has traditionally been about campiness and zombies. In the newer ones, you fight werewolves and vampires instead and it's more serious.

bread's done
Back