Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I kind of want Season 2 to focus on more on the other storylines we have not seen in the game. There's a decent amount of time between Part 1 and Part 2 that they can explore. Part 2 also have a lot of story materials that I think they can actually split them into multiple seasons.

Also this week episode is supposed to be one of the best episode of the season by critics that have seen the entire show.

I kind of want Season 2 to focus on more on the other storylines we have not seen in the game. There's a decent amount of time between Part 1 and Part 2 that they can explore. Part 2 also have a lot of story materials that I think they can actually split them into multiple seasons.

Also this week episode is supposed to be one of the best episode of the season by critics that have seen the entire show.
I think they should split the perspectives from the game into 2 seasons. 1 for Ellie and 1 for Abby and just like in the game, show the bits where they intercept each other/show same locations but in different times/places

I think they should split the perspectives from the game into 2 seasons. 1 for Ellie and 1 for Abby and just like in the game, show the bits where they intercept each other/show same locations but in different times/places
Hope they cast a different ellie for part 2

Hope they cast a different ellie for part 2
Here we've got a 19yo trying to be passed off as a 14yo. It's like okay, that's a kind of weirdly aged, adult-looking child.

I'm so tired of Hollywood casting 25 and 28 year-old actors to play teenage high school kids in shows and movies. It's been going on forever.

MV5BMTExMDM5NWMtNGI1OC00NTcxLThjYmUtN2QyMGFiZmUwMzI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2NDA2ODM@._V1_.jpg

Here we've got a 19yo trying to be passed off as a 14yo. It's like okay, that's a kind of weirdly aged, adult-looking child.

I'm so tired of Hollywood casting 25 and 28 year-old actors to play teenage high school kids in shows and movies. It's been going on forever.

MV5BMTExMDM5NWMtNGI1OC00NTcxLThjYmUtN2QyMGFiZmUwMzI4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2NDA2ODM@._V1_.jpg
Aye let’s have dafne keen from the movie Logan to play ellie in season 2

Has Frisky posted the 2-hour trial for Marvel Midnight Suns for Premium members?
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1001-PPSA02621_00-MMSENHANCED00000

Fantastic. The trials kind of replace Gamefly for games you're on the fence about. It's a bit inconvenient to download 30+GB games that you're only going to play for two hours, though.
Are all the trials only for Premium members? It’s the first one I was excited to try, but I only have Extra.

Brief thoughts after the first 2 days of use (Fifa, 2k23, MW2) with the Dual Sense Edge. I have not tried adjusting dead zones on the sticks, or messing around with their sensitivity yet.

The build quality feels really good. I like the domed sticks much better than the competitors. The sticks in general feel better than the OG DualSense, but that might just be because these are new. I didn't think I would be a fan of the short "paddles" but it actually feels much better than the traditional ones. It's really easy to customize and switch between the custom set ups. Switching between the paddles is also really easy and being able to charge in case is kind of a cool feature. The adjustable triggers is easily it's best feature tho, especially with the type of games I play. 

The battery life sucks and you definitely feel it. I am near my console so it isn't that big of a deal, but it is annoying. I'll buy a shorter cable if i don't have one laying around, as dealing with a 10ft long cable when playing on a monitor is actually cumbersome. I also wish they covered the entire handle with the grip, instead of just some... Scuf felt better in this regard (that's the only compliment I'll give them, lol)

Overall is it worth it? Out of the box it feels like a premium product. Functions well, etc... Like most things it'll depend on how long it lasts, and how well supported it is by Sony. For me, as of now... I am pretty satisfied with it. Looking forward to seeing if Sony or GuliKit will eventually put the Hall Sensor sticks out for this.

Best spiderman I don't care how old he is.

Last chance to play games in the PS Premium not showing a leaving date for me. Is it for anyone else? Does it usually show up at the start of the new month?

*EDIT* Okay, certain games have a date. 2/21 so plenty of time for those. I will be playing Metro Exodus first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last chance to play games in the PS Premium not showing a leaving date for me. Is it for anyone else? Does it usually show up at the start of the new month?

*EDIT* Okay, certain games have a date. 2/21 so plenty of time for those. I will be playing Metro Exodus first.
I downloaded Vice City, and immediately deleted it after watching the intro... Did we actually enjoy these graphics back in the day? BARF! Talking blocks... Ugh.

Sparkle Unleashed is actually a bit of fun. Enjoyed it, and then my son blew me away in it... Nice little game.

Anyone heard of totalwirelessexclusive?  They have a 12 month digital PS+ code for $29.99...  Sounds too good to be true... so usually means it is...  but... hope?

Interesting mix of games if true. Happy for OlliOlli World and Mafia (Already own all Destiny-related content). Makes me wonder if Sony owning Bungie means that they’ll drip feed all D2 expansions over time.

https://twitter.com/billbil_kun/status/1619696832921366528?s=46&t=6Rzn5v7OOnAKo0R4cwRhKw

I just bought Mafia nooo. Started playing it in the PS+ catalog, waited for a while after they removed it and finally figured it wasn't coming back to PS+...now here we are

I've come close to buying Mafia so many times but never do. I kept expecting it to end up free on Epic. This works too though since my PS+ sub doesn't expire until March. I hear it has little replay value so it's probably a one and done game. Perfect game for PS+.

I didn't really want any of these games but I guess that's a good selection.

Maybe I'll get into Destiny again.

My plan for the past two years for buying games has been to only buy when I'm positive that I'm going to play it as the next gane.  

And reach the end of every game before starting the next big one.

The only other games I buy are the incredibly cheap ones (like the sale on NFS Hot Pursuit).  If I don't play it much, I didn't waste a lot of money.

A lot less stress as I don't think of how much worse I'm making my backlog or that I'm wasting money or getting buyer's remorse.

Has anyone played dead space yet? I’m a huge horror fan and would love to play it, but I’m concerned about the price dropping like a rock since I got NFS unbound for 40 bucks a week after launch.

Has anyone played dead space yet? I’m a huge horror fan and would love to play it, but I’m concerned about the price dropping like a rock since I got NFS unbound for 40 bucks a week after launch.
Bought it on friday and put in a little over 3 hours so far. As someone who loves the original games I may be a bit biased but this remake does a great job at being the same game, but better in every way. If you're not a fan from the original games idk if I would recommend getting it now like you said EA games tend to drop in price fast. There's also the resolution stuff they're working on patching so I would say wait if you can for $40 and it's well worth it at that price.

Some news:

Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line is getting a demo on February 1:

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/01/theatrhythm-final-bar-line-demo-launches-february-1

NISA announced Rhapsody: Marl Kingdom Chronicles for PS5:

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/01/rhapsody-marl-kingdom-chronicles-announced-for-ps5-switch-and-pc

NISA announced Disgaea 7: Vows of the Virtueless is coming to the West on PS5/PS4 this fall:

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/01/disgaea-7-vows-of-the-virtueless-coming-west-this-fall-for-ps5-ps4-switch-and-pc

That's a fun commercial Frisky. Not sure why sony has to mention console availability being easier starting this year. PS5s were common over a month ago. Today every store has them sitting on shelves.

That's a fun commercial Frisky. Not sure why sony has to mention console availability being easier starting this year. PS5s were common over a month ago. Today every store has them sitting on shelves.
Funny that you said "today every store has them sitting on shelves" cause all the Wal-Mart's and a target in my area dont have them on shelves.

Guess you should contact Sony about this so they can delete the video.

Funny that you said "today every store has them sitting on shelves" cause all the Wal-Mart's and a target in my area dont have them on shelves.
Do you live in the US? Every best buy has had them sitting since the beginning of the year. Check for yourself:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/playstation-5-console-god-of-war-ragnarok-bundle/6523225.p?skuId=6523225

As does GameStop. Check for in store pickup. Literally every store in 100km says “New - Currently Available

https://www.gamestop.com/consoles-hardware/playstation-5/consoles/products/sony-playstation-5-console-with-god-of-war-ragnarok-bundle/20001549.html?condition=New

bread's done
Back