Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Holy great wall of posts batman.

Good for people transferring ps4 saves or moving from one ps5 to another. All I want is folders to sort my games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to being able to filter by VR.

And it’s only come up once so far, but the ps4 to ps5 save thing is good. I had all sorts of weirdness when trying to play Horizon Zero Dawn on my ps5. Wound up having to reinstall it on my ps4 first for some reason. Only then was I able to manage my saves from the cloud. And that’s just a ps4 game, doesn’t even have a ps5 version

Holy great wall of posts batman.

Good for people transferring ps4 saves or moving from one ps5 to another. All I want is folders to sort my games.
I’m still waiting for the ability to manually update games you haven’t played in a while, without individually opening every single one. It was a feature on ps4 - why not ps5?

It would be nice for them to also add the ability to play games and do other things while your games are moving from a hard drive to the PS5 or vice versa. On Xbox Series X, you can move games between the system and hard drive and still do other things like play games or watch movies Etc.

From that beta update I guess the only thing relevant to me is wirelessly updating controllers. 

Also, anyone interested in going into a Pizza Roll reselling business? It seems if we pool all the pizza rolls together from our local grocery stores we can make some serious PSN money. Maybe even quit our jobs and go full time.

I feel like the P5 trial should be closer to 10 hours. It takes awhile for everything to click and a lot of those first 4 hours is just story.
and tutorial! I beat P5R a couple days ago, and the biggest impediment to a New Game+ playthrough is, yeah, that setup and tutorial stuff. I KNOW all of this, why can't I easily skip to the start of the first mission?!

I had fun with the Knockout City beta, but I never went back to it.  Rumbleverse looked fun as well.  Those games seem like too much of a commitment for me at this point. 

Works the same way on the Switch. I prefer the Xbox way of keeping everything up to date regardless.
Me too. The only issue I have is I have so much installed my system seems to be constantly updating titles I never play. Maybe I should start playing games that need lots of updates? Obviously these games are being supported right? I need to play Minion Masters, Smite, and Dungeon Defenders II. Those games seem to update a lot.

Yeah robot chicken did it as well.  Though I'm unsure of how prevalent the one with toad helping bank robbers is given its very late night status back then. 

Yeah robot chicken did it as well. Though I'm unsure of how prevalent the one with toad helping bank robbers is given its very late night status back then.
The same Robot Chicken that worked with Nintendo on one of their E3 Directs? They haven't sued SNL for any of their previous Mario/Nintendo skits, so why would this one warrant the waste of money on a parody comedy skit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrTXBFcvoMQ

No lawsuit from Nintendo for this from last year

Why would Nintendo sue over what basically amounts to free advertising for them? Look at that view count on that video. It’s all over everyone’s socials. Viral gold. Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if Nintendo was actually involved with the skit. I think they have some hugely anticipated animated movie coming out soon? One that’s being produced by Universal Pictures, the same “Universal” in NBC Universal, the parent company of SNL… Everything everywhere is just one giant ad lol.

Anybody have any tips on how to get the Playstation Stars points from 'February PS5 Store Picks' if you've purchased certain games prior to the activity going live? I pre-ordered Dead Space and have The Witcher 3 from way back, and I don't plan on purchasing any of the other games. Is there a way to get Dead Space or the The Witcher 3 to count? Opening them does not seem to satisfy the activity.

Anybody have any tips on how to get the Playstation Stars points from 'February PS5 Store Picks' if you've purchased certain games prior to the activity going live? I pre-ordered Dead Space and have The Witcher 3 from way back, and I don't plan on purchasing any of the other games. Is there a way to get Dead Space or the The Witcher 3 to count? Opening them does not seem to satisfy the activity.
No, as I understand it they have to be bought during that month.

Not a deal specific post just a question... does the PS stars program work correctly? I played two games today, Fallen Order and Mortal Kombat 11. I got the 'badges' for those games and for the month, yet not the daily badge for 'hazelnut'. Now on my PS profile it says I missed the challenge and it's expired.

Not a deal specific post just a question... does the PS stars program work correctly? I played two games today, Fallen Order and Mortal Kombat 11. I got the 'badges' for those games and for the month, yet not the daily badge for 'hazelnut'. Now on my PS profile it says I missed the challenge and it's expired.
Not usually. The Hazelnut one worked for me but I have never been able to get the fighting ones to register. I still have zero clue what the point of these collectibles is. If you get enough can you redeem them for something?

Up till now I haven’t been paying attention to prices on internal m.2 hard drives. But I’m pretty sure I’m going to need one soon. What would you guys say is a good price for a ps5 compatible drive? Not sure if I want a 1 or 2 tb but I want to know what prices to hold out for

Up till now I haven’t been paying attention to prices on internal m.2 hard drives. But I’m pretty sure I’m going to need one soon. What would you guys say is a good price for a ps5 compatible drive? Not sure if I want a 1 or 2 tb but I want to know what prices to hold out for
I bought Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe Gen4 3D NAND NVMe M.2 Gaming SSD, up to 6600MB/s - CT2000P5PSSD8 for $149.99 on Amazon in December. You can get a cheaper brand for less.

I'm using PNY XLR8 SSD Cover with Integrated Heatsink Designed to fit PS5™ – (M22110PSVHS-XR-RB) with it. It's a nicely designed heat sink for PS5. It was $15 when I bought it.

Meanwhile the Xbox 2TB expansion card is $360.

giphy.gif

Seagate firecuda 530 and the 850X from western digital are know to be the best nvme drives on the market today. I just paid $180 for the 2TB version of the 850x with heatsink. It was on sale for a week at both amazon and Best Buy.

bread's done
Back