Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
is bananas b-a-n-a-n-a-s

this  :censored:  is bananas b-a-n-a-n-a-s

sorry that comment made me think of that song from ages ago. 

Last edited by a moderator:
On topic target ymmv circle offer. 5$ off a 30$ purchase. Doesn't work for Sony systems or accessories but no mention of games in the exclusions

Destiny 2 Beyond Light is only free right now because the next expansion comes out in exactly three weeks and they want to sell more copies, and get new prospective subscriptions. 

Dumbass checking in. How exactly do I 'activate' the Destiny 2 Beyond Light DLC? PSN Store is telling me it's $30. I have the full Destiny 2 game downloaded, and yes I am a PS+ subscriber as I got the other February games just fine.

Edit: Was able to activate on store.playstation.com link.

WBSC eBaseball: Power Pros is out now for $0.99:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0101-CUSA38308_00-PAWAPUROWBSCC001

It's mostly a multiplayer game with local and online MP without any single-player modes.
This is balls. Power Pro for the PS2 and the sequel we got in NA had great story modes, a fun season mode and the gameplay was good in versus. Without single player I'm not touching the game with a 10 foot pole. This is a big screw to fans or people who wanted to see another one of these games localized again.

13 hours into Persona 5 and it's finally fun to play. They took the crown from zelda with long tutorials. That first castle is the tutorial. Lol! Glad I waited on this game. Runs like a dream on PS5.

13 hours into Persona 5 and it's finally fun to play. They took the crown from zelda with long tutorials. That first castle is the tutorial. Lol! Glad I waited on this game. Runs like a dream on PS5.
Yeah the first castle dungeon is rough. I was nearly ready to be done with the game with how long it was. Thankfully all the other dungeons aren't divided into multiple segments as big as it was. Minus the whole kicking you out to send the calling cards stuff.

Yeah the first castle dungeon is rough. I was nearly ready to be done with the game with how long it was. Thankfully all the other dungeons aren't divided into multiple segments as big as it was. Minus the whole kicking you out to send the calling cards stuff.
I feel ya. Around hour 8 I was just about ready to give up and put it on the shelf. I couldn't put up with that for the apparent 100 hr length. Lol! Good to know things are smooth sailing after that point. I pushed through & I'm having a great time with it now.

Few things to keep in mind:

1) as you discovered, Kamoshida is essentially the tutorial

2) the later castles will mess with you on timing and stuff. Some of them will be available to you as soon as you identify who you're after, but some of 'em the game goes 'lol wait a bit you can't go in there yet'

3) New Game+, if you're hungry for that after spending 80-120 hours (depending on if you unlock the third semester or not) will still use Kamoshida's castle as a tutorial. It's not skippable. You just get to bring all your stats (not social links) and items and Persona compendium from the prior playthrough along with you.

4) if you want to unlock the Royal content, there are three social links in particular you need to hit certain ranks by certain deadlines. I'm not sure how to use spoilers here, but if you Google, there are a plethora of websites out there that will tell you who and by when.

I don’t even know what’s the longest game I finished and enjoyed. Metal gear solid phantom pain was definitely one though. I just can’t do really long games. They gotta really get me invested in most aspects

just make sure to use multiple save slots at least like 5 to avoid any catastrophes with the timing shit

when you beat a boss its a good idea to plop down a save and not touch it

just make sure to use multiple save slots at least like 5 to avoid any catastrophes with the timing shit
when you beat a boss its a good idea to plop down a save and not touch it
I had two or three but I just abused the hell out of the fortune teller when I was in trouble with a deadline.

If you're in Texas, near an HEB...there's a coupon on their app to get a $15 HEB gift card with purchase of $75 PSN card.

Looks like Dollar General’s running a sale on PSN credit this week (2/12–2/18). Save 15% on their $25 denomination cards. Good timing for some of the sales going on currently, and a decent chance to bank credit for those not on the GameStop bandwagon. PS wallet holds up to $375 now, for those who want to go hog wild. Pic attached for reference.

[attachment=37767:C840B7AE-3F43-43BD-927E-9B17F923CB71.jpeg]

Emails are going out for PSVR2 pre-orders on Sony Direct to let you know that they'll be charging you soon and to change address or payment info if you need to do so before then.

Any wheel recs? I'm leaning Thrustmaster 128 right now. Will be for GT7VR and Dirt/Forza on PC. Figure now eyes here than the VR thread.

Wheels are a tough one to guess on.  I had a Logitech G27 for the longest time and it was pretty good, but isn't compatible with anything above a PS3, so I tried my neighbors G29.  That wheel is pretty good, but the force feedback isn't great.  

Ended up going with a Thrustmaster T300RS, which has good force feedback and the pedals are nice.  

You may be happy with the T128 but it may be a gateway to spending a good deal more on wheels.  

Looks like Dollar General’s running a sale on PSN credit this week (2/12–2/18). Save 15% on their $25 denomination cards. Good timing for some of the sales going on currently, and a decent chance to bank credit for those not on the GameStop bandwagon. PS wallet holds up to $375 now, for those who want to go hog wild. Pic attached for reference.
attachicon.gif
C840B7AE-3F43-43BD-927E-9B17F923CB71.jpeg
Quick heads up on the Dollar General deal this week. I believe all denominations of PSN gift cards qualify for the 15% off discount. If nothing else, I can confirm the discount applies to both $25 and $50 varieties. Figured it was worth a mention, for those interested in getting more than less. Even better if you can find a DG with a self-checkout—avoided a line earlier today and was in and out in no time.

I only paid $7.19 for thumper when I bought it. Somehow the $5 upgrade fee feels both reasonable and a ripoff. I’m going to pay it because the game is good and I’ll now never revisit it on psvr1

Few things to keep in mind:

1) as you discovered, Kamoshida is essentially the tutorial
2) the later castles will mess with you on timing and stuff. Some of them will be available to you as soon as you identify who you're after, but some of 'em the game goes 'lol wait a bit you can't go in there yet'
3) New Game+, if you're hungry for that after spending 80-120 hours (depending on if you unlock the third semester or not) will still use Kamoshida's castle as a tutorial. It's not skippable. You just get to bring all your stats (not social links) and items and Persona compendium from the prior playthrough along with you.
4) if you want to unlock the Royal content, there are three social links in particular you need to hit certain ranks by certain deadlines. I'm not sure how to use spoilers here, but if you Google, there are a plethora of websites out there that will tell you who and by when.
Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Heard the performance is complete dog shit across all platforms, and that is from multiple different perspectives on reddit. Disappointing.
50/50 odds it gets better, it is an omega force game after all and it isn't like they are masters of optimization or technical skill lol. Really a shame it runs so badly, I played a couple hours earlier and it is clearly struggling.

WD SN850X on sale a bunch of places for $160 w/o heat sink or $180 with. Talk me into or out of it, please and thank you
Bought the 2 GB w/ heatsink for ~$210 about a year ago. Works great, all my games go on it now.

If you've never installed one before, however, be warned that there is a very high chance of stripping the screw parked inside the PS5 that you're supposed to move to a lower spot to secure the card in place. Thing is made of silly putty, I destroyed it within the first 10 seconds.

I ended up having to order this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09J113XZS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

which includes a gold screw with a large nub thingy which you can manually turn with your fingers to create the bottom half, plus a flat screw to close off the top, thus sandwiching the card in between to achieve the same effect.

bread's done
Back