Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Anyone remember if the ps5 Apple TV+ trial is stackable? I know some trials are stackable but don’t remember which ones or which order they need to be redeemed.
Unlikely because all of the codes I have from various sources are no longer stackable and now only apply to new (or possibly returning) customers.

Anyone remember if the ps5 Apple TV+ trial is stackable? I know some trials are stackable but don’t remember which ones or which order they need to be redeemed.

It was stackable with one that target offered but you had to apply them in a certain order and I can't remember which. But it gave you a year of Apple TV
Yup, I stacked it with Target as well. I think it was the PS5 first and then Target but I also can't remember. I am sure if you google it you can find out. I have had Apple TV plus now for almost 2 years and haven't paid for it yet. I keep finding 3 and 2 month trials and alternate emails. I would happily pay the $6.99 a month though for it. So worth that.

Is the dot hack collection worth it for $5? Don’t need it but I wouldn’t mind playing it down the road if it won’t be this cheap again.

A bit off topic, but anyone come across new PSVR1 bundles (headset, camera, move controllers) for sub $200? Been trying to pick one up since VR2 was released but scalpers have picked up everything

I don't want to buy used as a personal preference. Searching online hasn't produced anything fruitful

Is the dot hack collection worth it for $5? Don’t need it but I wouldn’t mind playing it down the road if it won’t be this cheap again.
It’s certainly cheap, but the G.U. wave of .hack// media was pretty poor. The first wave (primarily the original four games, //SIGN, and //Liminality) was pretty good, and //Quantum was good, but there’s not much else I can particularly recommend from the franchise.

It’s certainly cheap, but the G.U. wave of .hack// media was pretty poor. The first wave (primarily the original four games, //SIGN, and //Liminality) was pretty good, and //Quantum was good, but there’s not much else I can particularly recommend from the franchise.
Will skip it then. Thanks

PS+ Extra and Premium games are up today.

• Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart | PS5
  • Humanity | PS4, PS5
  • Watch Dogs: Legion | PS4, PS5
  • Dishonored 2 | PS4
  • Dishonored: Death of the Outsider | PS4
  • Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin | PS4
  • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition | PS4
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration | PS4
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider | PS4
  • Bus Simulator 21: Next Stop | PS4, PS5
  • The Evil Within 2 | PS4
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood | PS4
  • Thymesia | PS5
  • Rain World | PS4
  • Lake | PS4, PS5
  • Conan Exiles | PS4
  • Rune Factory 4 Special | PS4
  • Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town | PS4
PlayStation Premium | Classics

• Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow | PS4, PS5
  • Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light | PS4, PS5
  • Pursuit Force | PS4, PS5
  • Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered | PS4
I'm looking forward to playing R&C and I think I'll give Humanity a shot.

So much for shutting down the first game to move everybody over to the sequel and its PVE story mode:

https://twitter.com/tamoorh/status/1658545384669708288

Last edited by a moderator:
You should already have some of them for free via crossbuy. Wild arms 1 is one I know of off hand.
I only have two. Wild Arms and Super Stardust Portable.

That is why I'm considering Premium. I've had the basic sub (essential) forever.
I am happy that I can just buy some of these classic PSone and PSP games if I want them. I may go that route as well.

Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town was also added to Extra/Premium. If you stream it, it's just the base game since streaming doesn't allow you to access DLC. If you download it, you also can use the Expansion Pass.

Here's the list of games leaving the PS+ Extra and Premium in June.  I'm not 100% sure on the list, because I would have tried Fire Pro Wrestling if it was on Extra, but it may be free for a different region:

Expected to leave on 20th June 2023, the full list is as follows:

• Descenders (PS4)
  • Party Hard (PS4)
  • 9 Monkeys of Shaolin (PS4)
  • Ash of Gods: Redemption (PS4)
  • Fire Pro Wrestling World (PS4)
  • Black Mirror (PS4)
  • Wytchwood (PS5, PS4)
  • John Wick Hex (PS4)
  • KeyWe (PS5, PS4)
  • No Straight Roads (PS4)
  • Defense Grid 2 (PS4)
  • Joe Dever's Lone Wolf (PS4)
  • Agents of Mayhem (PS4)
  • Gods Will Fall (PS4)
  • Red Faction (PS4) (Premium)
  • Red Faction II (PS4) (Premium)
  • Redeemer: Enhanced Edition (PS4)
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2023/05/17-ps5-ps4-games-marked-as-leaving-ps-plus-extra-premium-soon

I'm streaming some Humanity if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a very fun puzzle game with elements of echochrome, ChuChu Rocket, Lemmings, and other puzzle games that has a great style and execution that is worth checking out. It even has options to watch level solutions both in the game and some PS+ hint stuff if you get stumped and need help.

I'm streaming the new PSP games on PS5/PS4/PS+ Premium, which includes Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light, Pursuit Force, and Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow.

Edit: Here's the archive.

Pursuit Force holds up pretty well as a ridiculous vehicle action game with short levels that are fairly easy.

Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow has some nice improvements over the first PSP game with its chapters broken up into shorter bursts to get through them more easily. This one remaps the face buttons to the right stick to make aiming your gun much easier over the first game.

Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light is a JRPG that seems all right, but doesn't do anything all that unique outside of its weird targeting system to interact with people and doors. It basically has an ATB system with enemies wandering the overworld that are tough the first few times you face them, but get very easy if you grind a level or two early on.

This shouldn’t come as a surprise, but I really hate the PlayStation store. No matter how many times I “trust” my browser I still always have to go through the process again. Seems like a cookies issue but I’ve never been able to find any settings for it

This shouldn’t come as a surprise, but I really hate the PlayStation store. No matter how many times I “trust” my browser I still always have to go through the process again. Seems like a cookies issue but I’ve never been able to find any settings for it
It's like that with other websites too. There are a couple I go to frequently where no matter how many times I put in trust this device or don't ask me again, I still need to have a code text or emailed to me to log in.

The original Destiny collection for $20 is exactly what I wanted and never thought would happen. I played the hell out of Destiny 1 on PS3 and for $20 will gladly revisit it for some nostalgia. I still think the PVP in D1 is some of the best FPS PVP ever made.

The original Destiny collection for $20 is exactly what I wanted and never thought would happen. I played the hell out of Destiny 1 on PS3 and for $20 will gladly revisit it for some nostalgia. I still think the PVP in D1 is some of the best FPS PVP ever made.
Bugger. It looks like I have Taken King but not Rise of Iron. Just have to see if it's worth buying the collection just to get that component.

Bugger. It looks like I have Taken King but not Rise of Iron. Just have to see if it's worth buying the collection just to get that component.
If you have literally everything else, the individual DLC may be on sale, they are on Xbox anyway. The Collection includes level 40 character boosts which may or may not be a deciding factor too.

If you have literally everything else, the individual DLC may be on sale, they are on Xbox anyway. The Collection includes level 40 character boosts which may or may not be a deciding factor too.
The individual for Taken King is on sale on Xbox, but not PS for some reason. Maybe they'll sort it out.

Thanks for the information on the level 40 boosts.

Awesome.

Ugh. And it looks like I only have the disc based version. Might just be easier to buy the Collection to have everything for the game in digital format.

Now I just have to decide which platform to buy it for.
With the amount of updates Destiny had, the disc isn't super useful anyway, it'll still require a huge download. I'm 90% digital on Xbox and usually buy things super cheap on sale or with Rewards points. Microsoft has done a lot to invest in backwards compatibility and I have a ton of digital 360 games (plenty of which are from GWG) which just work on the current generation. I know it's not a selling point for the average user but I've been gaming for 20 years and really appreciate digital libraries not being taken out behind the shed like Old Yeller.

My trust with Sony is still damaged after they really pushed cross-buy for indies, PS1 games, etc, going into the PS4 generation I naturally assumed all my PS1 games I owned which already ran on my PS3, PSP, and Vita would be available on the PS4. Instead, they abandoned all of that legacy stuff despite it being on PSN already and PS1 emulation being particularly easy, even 10 years ago.

bread's done
Back