Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
The PS+ Game Catalog for June is live:

PS4 A Hat in Time

PS4 Carto

PS5/PS4 Conan Exiles

PS5/PS4 DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace

PS4 Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

PS4 Dodgeball Academia

PS5/PS4 Elex 2

PS5/PS4 Far Cry 6

PS4 Forager

PS5/PS4 Hundred Days: Winemaking Simulator

PS5/PS4 Inscryption

PS4 Killing Floor 2

PS4 Lonely Mountains: Downhill

PS5/PS4 MX vs ATV Legends

PS5/PS4 My Friend Peppa Pig

PS5/PS4 PAW Patrol Mighty Pups: Save Adventure Bay!

PS5/PS4 Redout 2

PS5/PS4 Rogue Legacy 2

PS5/PS4 Soulstice

PS4 Tacoma

PS5/PS4 The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition

PS5/PS4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

PS4 Thief

PS4 Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York

PS4 The Wild at Heart

Premium's Classics

PS5/PS4 Killzone: Liberation

PS5/PS4 Worms

PS5/PS4 Herc’s Adventures

Free stuff from these games

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Lonely Mountains: Downhill

PS+ Premium Trials

PS5/PS4 Hogwarts Legacy - 45 minutes

PS5 Park Beyond - 2 Hours

PS5/PS4 WWE 2K23 Cross-Gen Digital Edition - 2 hours

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm streaming some of the Steam Next Fest demos that'll be coming to PlayStation if you want to see them in action.

Dr. Fetus' Mean Meat Machine is the newest spinoff of the Super Meat Boy series that is styled after Puyo Puyo, but with the cruel mechanics of SMB to make it a more challenging and frustrating experience. Some stages will have saw blades or other weapons as obstacles that if you hit them with your pair of failures, as they call it, you have to restart from the beginning or your last checkpoint. It seems like beating these stages under the A+ time will be a big part of the challenge, much like beating stages in SMB to get A+'s was a bit part of the mastering of the game. Very cool approach to a puzzle game for this series and it seems well done. It's out June 22.

Kingdom Eighties is a lot like the other Kingdom games as strategy/survival/defense games, but instead of being a King building up your base/kingdom in medieval times, this is set in a Stranger Things-style 80s era with all of the style you'd expect from that. Enemies seem similar to what were in the previous games, but now you're hiring kids to build or defend your base and have other big kids on bikes to help explore each area to take out enemies or pay for various upgrades or other work on that stage. It looks like another good entry in this series. It's out June 26.

Eternights is a dating sim action game where you're in the post apocalypse as a weird virus is going around that turns people into different kinds of weird monsters. The action I saw in the demo was pretty decent with some good action and a dodge mechanic like Breath of the Wild's flurry mode for dodging at the right time to get a bunch of hits in. Between those bits, you have plenty of chatting with your friend and potential love interests where choices can boost personality stats or lower them, I assume. It seems like a nice change of pace from the Persona-style mix of these genres. This is out September 21.

Ebenezer and the Invisible World is a Metroidlike set in the world of A Christmas Carol after Ebenezer Scrooge has seen the three spirits and changed his miserly ways to become a better person. The story in the demo starts with Ebenezer seeking somebody who is potentially going through the same thing he did as he hopes to steer him in the right direction, which includes the help of a number of ghosts since going through his ordeal means he can see ghosts all over the place. You get quests from talking to people along with new abilities as you explore, which means this is a fairly standard Metroidlike that was a solidly fun time from what I've played of the demo. It's out at some point later this year.

Carto is really cool. Got to play it before it left Game Pass. I bought the disc gold edition of Far Cry 6 for $23 for Series X during a Game Stop sale. Still haven't beaten it or done the DLC. It's now part of PS Premium. Not sure why I even buy games for Series X or PS5 but at least I own the game and the dlc now in case it leaves. A lot of games don't get the DLC included with GP or Premium. I hope people here are playing Rift Apart since it was added last month. Game is fantastic!

Carto is really cool. Got to play it before it left Game Pass. I bought the disc gold edition of Far Cry 6 for $23 for Series X during a Game Stop sale. Still haven't beaten it or done the DLC. It's now part of PS Premium. Not sure why I even buy games for Series X or PS5 but at least I own the game and the dlc now in case it leaves. A lot of games don't get the DLC included with GP or Premium. I hope people here are playing Rift Apart since it was added last month. Game is fantastic!
I just got done rolling credits as we speak in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. That was a lot of fun! Should be able to mop up the rest of the trophies for the Platinum tomorrow.

-I really liked Carto. Interesting puzzle adventure game. I've had it in my wishlist ever since it left Game Pass.

-I've had a Hat in Time in my wishlist for awhile as well. It's universally loved as a modern 3D platformer. They don't make many of them these days. Glad I'll finally get to try it.

-And of course everyone always raves about Inscryption. Will definitely have to check that one out.

https://twitter.com/Konami/status/1671530955989819394?t=RN31MzMm3LLciMFoKScHBw&s=19

Includes the NES versions of Metal Gear 1 and 2 alongside the MSX versions, plus the two PSP motion graphic novel games covering the stories of MGS and MGS2.

All I want from Konami in Vol 2 is Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots and Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2 and I will be super happy. These games need to be released on modern hardware.

I am hoping that these collections get physical releases did they mention anything about a physical release?

Edit: Konami has confirmed the collection will receive a physical release for PS5/XSX/Switch.

All I want from Konami in Vol 2 is Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots and Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2 and I will be super happy. These games need to be released on modern hardware.

I am hoping that these collections get physical releases did they mention anything about a physical release?
Given the history expect LRG to handle it

Early reviews are looking good for FF XVI, which is a good thing considering how much I enjoyed the demo.  I'm really anxious to play more with the combat side, as I felt like I was just starting to really figure it out at the end of the demo.

Another thing that I liked was the active lore elements and how easy it was to access little bits about the history of each character as you were playing, rather than having to dive into some massive encyclopedia of data.  

Early reviews are looking good for FF XVI, which is a good thing considering how much I enjoyed the demo. I'm really anxious to play more with the combat side, as I felt like I was just starting to really figure it out at the end of the demo.

Another thing that I liked was the active lore elements and how easy it was to access little bits about the history of each character as you were playing, rather than having to dive into some massive encyclopedia of data.
My copy arrives on Friday from Target. My preorders from them always arrive late so I'm happy it is arriving on release day. After playing the demo I immediately preordered it. It was a great demo and sold me on it style and combat system.

My copy arrives on Friday from Target. My preorders from them always arrive late so I'm happy it is arriving on release day. After playing the demo I immediately preordered it. It was a great demo and sold me on it style and combat system.
Oddly enough, I’m getting mine from Target in an hour or so. Shocked to be getting it early!

Early reviews are looking good for FF XVI, which is a good thing considering how much I enjoyed the demo. I'm really anxious to play more with the combat side, as I felt like I was just starting to really figure it out at the end of the demo.

There is a second part of the demo where you run around a castle fighting from later on in the game. I do not know how long that part is because I stopped since that part wont carry over.

My Target copy which "shipped" Saturday will be here on Friday too. Sometimes these UPS>USPS deals they do arrive a day early so hopefully it will be here on Thursday.

There is a second part of the demo where you run around a castle fighting from later on in the game. I do not know how long that part is because I stopped since that part wont carry over.

My Target copy which "shipped" Saturday will be here on Friday too. Sometimes these UPS>USPS deals they do arrive a day early so hopefully it will be here on Thursday.
You only played about half the demo. That part did a great job of showcasing the evolving combat during the main game. You constantly switch between 3 stances (Eidolons) and use their ability damage cooldowns.

On one hand I'm like "wow this is a truly impressive demo". I can't wait to play the retail game this weekend. The cinematics, HDR, and production design are all top notch. OTTH, I didn't get to see anything relevant in the way of equipment, hidden treasure, or how item drops and upgrading work. Those are key components to any RPG. If all those ground drops mean nothing then.....yeesh. So I'm a bit skeptical. When so much of the demo was cinema.

It's going to be kinda weird if the game takes an all-combat approach. That would make all the submenus and minutiae pointless. But I bet the game will be fantastic.

My only gripe was the fast, spinny camera panning and the lack of a minimap or compass. So you get disoriented and turned around easily, with little way to navigate. Other than that, the demo makes the game seem rather exceptional. The boss battles and set pieces are incredible.

Finally, I can remove Darkseid for Injustice 2 from my wish list.  Grabbed the MK11 Ultimate + Injustice 2 Legendary Edition for $10.  It was BS that the old Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition didn’t include him and he never went on sale.

Can someone tell me how much tales of arise is on this sale. I already bought it months ago so I can't see the price. Just wanna know how much I couldve saved

FF 16 is a blast so far but I hope they patch that frame rate because the dips are quite noticeable. Only other minor complaint is the annoying dog commands “Get ‘em boy!” . Wish you could turn those off, lol.

FF 16 is a blast so far but I hope they patch that frame rate because the dips are quite noticeable. Only other minor complaint is the annoying dog commands “Get ‘em boy!” . Wish you could turn those off, lol.
For what? Resolution mode? Frame rate was fine for me in the demo on performance

For what? Resolution mode? Frame rate was fine for me in the demo on performance
DF said they prioritise on having 60fps during combat and higher resolution outside of combat which why the fps drops outside of combat. Overall from the demo I couldn't tell that it was dropping tbh. I can say switching to 30fps quality was horrible.

Yeah, I didn’t think there was too much of an issue with the demo either but outside of combat in the full game, you’ll definitely notice some dips and a bit of stuttering here and there. As DF mentioned, combat itself is pretty smooth. No big deal just a bit of an annoyance at times. Some reviews, like Push Square, mentioned it as well.

I actually switched to quality for a bit and was impressed with how smooth it was. Almost was tempted to keep it there but ultimately went back to performance.

Ended up upgrading to the Deluxe edition of FF XVI since they had a few extras.  Now I have to deal with Gamestop customer service to try and get my pre-order codes since they canceled my regular pre-order.  Not a huge deal though.  

Oh, and they did have all of the pre-order bonus stuff in stock.  I was shocked.

Edit: Gamestop support was very helpful and got me a pre-order code for the digital items without any issues.  Again, shocking.  

Ended up upgrading to the Deluxe edition of FF XVI since they had a few extras. Now I have to deal with Gamestop customer service to try and get my pre-order codes since they canceled my regular pre-order. Not a huge deal though.

Oh, and they did have all of the pre-order bonus stuff in stock. I was shocked.
What all comes with the Deluxe Edition? All the Best Buy app is telling me is it comes with a cloth map, but that doesn't sound like $40 extra dollars.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

What all comes with the Deluxe Edition? All the Best Buy app is telling me is it comes with a cloth map, but that doesn't sound like $40 extra dollars.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Steelbook case and the cloth map. $30 difference from the regular edition. I had $25 in rewards to use at Gamestop, so I was alright for the upgrade.

Target emailed me my code for the FFXVI pre order bonus.
Same for Best Buy, even though my game isn't here yet.

Steelbook case and the cloth map. $30 difference from the regular edition. I had $25 in rewards to use at Gamestop, so I was alright for the upgrade.
Ugh, sorry, I'm still not used to the new normal price of $70...

Ended up upgrading to the Deluxe edition of FF XVI since they had a few extras. Now I have to deal with Gamestop customer service to try and get my pre-order codes since they canceled my regular pre-order. Not a huge deal though.

Oh, and they did have all of the pre-order bonus stuff in stock. I was shocked.

Edit: Gamestop support was very helpful and got me a pre-order code for the digital items without any issues. Again, shocking.
Lucky u, I contacted them about my RE 4 collectors edition pre order bonus that was showing gold case and handgun when I input the code instead of the classic case with a green herb attachment and they never replied loool

Trust me shit sucks
I am working on landing a new gig that would let me wfh 5 days a week so I can spend more time with my family. It's tough when you don't see your wife and kids much over half the week.
Thats when the wife start cheaten on you as I seen on tv

Ok thanks, I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition at Gamestop but didn't get that stuff (just the little cloth patches) unless it was printed on the receipt. 

making coffee at home is hard when you gotta work so much.
Why though..? I grind some beans up every night before bed, put water in the coffee machine, and then set the timer to brew early in the morning. Four cups of perfect light roast every morning for pennies, and it takes less than five minutes of prep.

Calculate all the money wasted on stuff like starbucks per month and then become a next level cheapass.

Why though..? I grind some beans up every night before bed, put water in the coffee machine, and then set the timer to brew early in the morning. Four cups of perfect light roast every morning for pennies, and it takes less than five minutes of prep.

Calculate all the money wasted on stuff like starbucks per month and then become a next level cheapass.
someone should create cheapassjavaphile.com

bread's done
Back