Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Just finished Diablo 4 on the series X so I decided to buy FF16 and the performance seems to be way better than the demo. I don’t notice the horrible frame rate drops the demo had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone remember back on PS3 a brick breaking style game but it had soccer balls bouncing all over pirate ships and other really creative interactive levels.  I can't for the life of me remember it's name!!!!

I think Magic Ball was the PC version and it was called Magic Orbz on PS3. I think it's still available for purchase in the PS3 storefront too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played a Final Fantasy game since FF13. This new one sounds very different game play wise. I am eager to try it out as I haven't had the urge to play the last couple games that were released.
As others have said, play the demo. I honestly lost a lot of faith in SE after FFXV but Remake gave me hope and the demo for FFXV blew me away. I'm finishing up Tears but am looking forward to starting up FFXVI afterwards.

As others have said, play the demo. I honestly lost a lot of faith in SE after FFXV but Remake gave me hope and the demo for FFXV blew me away. I'm finishing up Tears but am looking forward to starting up FFXVI afterwards.
I haven't played a Final Fantasy game since FF13. This new one sounds very different game play wise. I am eager to try it out as I haven't had the urge to play the last couple games that were released.
It's funny. Still thinking about this post. Because FF16 honestly reminds me of a better, more perfect version of FF13. What it intended to be.

I was thinking of the FF13 comparison earlier on the day that I read this.

I haven't really enjoyed a Final Fantasy since X, of which I am currently replaying right now for some blitzball.  When it comes to my rpgs I tend to be old school turn base player & it's not that I dislike them otherwise, it's just when I think of FF I just want a turn based one.  Then again my distain may come from the type of company square-enix has become rather than the games direction, I dunno.

I liked 13-3 but 1 and 2 had major flaws. 1 being on rails for the first disc and having no customization till near pulse. 2 for everything they fixed they broke something else. Basically copies dotnw complete with uncontrollable ai monsters. The demo is also superior to what the actual rng is for the real game so that made me drop it pretty quickly.

13-3 was embarrassing given all the clipping, bugs and whatnot but I still got enjoyment from the gameplay at least. I will give them points though since they obviously didn't have much of a budget. But jfc at the dog models.

One thing I really love about my Playstation 5 is going back to my backlog of old games. My PS5 is dead silent and the near instant load times really helps keep you in the action. It's a game changer. My PS4 Pro sounding like a hair dryer really did take me out of the the experience.
I still don't have a PS5, and now I'm wondering if they are ever going to make a slim version. I'm still loving my PS4,I might just hold out for PS6 lol.

I still don't have a PS5, and now I'm wondering if they are ever going to make a slim version. I'm still loving my PS4,I might just hold out for PS6 lol.
If you're still loving your PS4 then all the more reason to get a PS5 as it will run all of your PS4 games 10x better lol. With full backwards compatibility there's also no reason to own a PS4 so you can safely sell it and put that money towards a PS5.

According to leaked Microsoft documents, new rumor is that a possible PS5 slim version is coming out later this year in the fall. I think it's that new version they are planning to sell which comes with an optional detachable disk drive but unless they can shrink the size of the CPU then I don't see how they can shrink the size of the console by much without running into heat issues. Honestly the PS5 is big but it's not THAT big. I mean compared to my Series X, it's a little taller and a little wider but also a little simmer when standing vertical. Sure, you can keep waiting but unless you're strapped for cash, one thing is for sure, you won't regret getting a PS5.

I fly to outer space in my PS5 every day to go slay monsters. 

giphy.gif

I haven't really enjoyed a Final Fantasy since X, of which I am currently replaying right now for some blitzball. When it comes to my rpgs I tend to be old school turn base player & it's not that I dislike them otherwise, it's just when I think of FF I just want a turn based one. Then again my distain may come from the type of company square-enix has become rather than the games direction, I dunno.
FF X is my favorite game of all time, and although I've enjoyed XII, XIII, XV and so far XVI, I dont even think of them as Final Fantasy games anymore. They're fun and XVI has a great story so far but, at least for me, button mashing doesn't make me think Final Fantasy at all. Either way, I'm still enjoying the Final Fantasy games they're making, just not like I used to.

Cat game was cute, they just needed to ditch the pseudo combat stuff and lean more into cat interacting with environment and people stuff.

The story was just okay, whereas I was more interested in the cat doing things and where it would end up.

It's definitely unique and cute, but overstays it's welcome and gets too video-gamey at the end.

1st off I've been seeing alot of simulator with the sale. Prison, their, police bruh that wow. Secondly I just found an adult game on the store that I have wanted to play on steam but couldn't because its on steam and dont have the pc or steam deck to play it it's called succubus. That was unexpected to find on the store bet it's censored.

Motion Blur toggle was added to Final Fantasy 16. I set it on 3 (from default 5) and it fixes the only real issue I've had with the game in Graphics mode.

Motion Blur toggle was added to Final Fantasy 16. I set it on 3 (from default 5) and it fixes the only real issue I've had with the game in Graphics mode.
Thanks idk why mine was set to 5. Turned it off completely. Turns out they added more controller layouts

If you're still loving your PS4 then all the more reason to get a PS5 as it will run all of your PS4 games 10x better lol. With full backwards compatibility there's also no reason to own a PS4 so you can safely sell it and put that money towards a PS5.

getting a PS5.
It won't run all ps4 games and not all of them run well either. Granted the number of games it won't run are small in number so that's pretty moot. Now the ones that don't run well there likely will never be a good database for that. Additionally there's various ways to transfer saves, some ps4 titles give free ps5 upgrades. Meaning getting the ps4 version if on sale is more incentive than the ps5 version by itself depending on the game. Especially since ps5 can be 10$ more due to the new msrp stuff slowly rolling out.

I'm in the same boat waiting for a slim version of the ps5 and more titles that are exclusive to it that I want. Same as it was from the ps3 to 4 transitioning period where stuff was multiplat.

Depending on how the next generation goes and if the ps6 is bc I may just skip to it then.

I may get a ps5 pro if they come out with one. If you’ve been waiting for so long u might as well wait a bit more for a pro. If u really like themes then keep the ps4

Lol some of us have last-gen backlogs to hold us over even until a ps6 comes out. What are we missing out on- games that need a years ‘s worth of patches and dlc anyway, and that will all end up on subscription services or on sale for dirt cheap eventually, or maybe “remastered” and repackaged a few years from now, as is the style these days. Any notable game being released right now will be still be available sometime down the line, and they’ll cheaper, filled with more content and be more stable as well. Also, unless you are really super into cinematic 3rd person action-adventure games that almost make up the entirety of modern Sony’s exclusives, then you’re not missing out on much you can’t get elsewhere. I’ll pick up a ps5 if my ps4 ever finally bites the dust but otherwise I’m in no hurry. It’s great to love your new fancy tech but not everyone suffers from crippling FOMO.

When I first got my PS5 it acted mostly as a PS4 Pro Pro and I spent the majority of my gaming time on my Series X. Since February the PS5 has been a VR machine and now the Xbox barely gets any attention

Some stuff just loads so much faster. It think it was in the middle of the playing EDF5 or EDF4.1 when I switched to from PS4 Pro to PS5. The loading times were so much shorter. As an aside, why is the load time on PC worse than on PS4. I was originally going to consider getting EDF6 on PC and get 2 copiers, but now I might just get one PS5 copy and play split screen again.

PS5 is pretty much PS4 Proer. I got rid of my launch PS4 (gave it to my sis) almost immediately after getting the PS5. Everything runs pretty decent and you can still use PS4 controllers, of which I do for PS4 games. If you're even thinking of getting a PS4 Pro now, just save up and get the PS5.

I'm not sure when it went on sale, but Jedi Survivor is 25% off ($52.49) on the PS store at the moment.  The deluxe edition is on sale as well. 

PS5 is pretty much PS4 Proer. I got rid of my launch PS4 (gave it to my sis) almost immediately after getting the PS5. Everything runs pretty decent and you can still use PS4 controllers, of which I do for PS4 games. If you're even thinking of getting a PS4 Pro now, just save up and get the PS5.
where would you even get one? They've been out of stock and manufacturing ended years ago. Maybe find a used one online but that's idiotic unless you get it for cheap.

Lol some of us have last-gen backlogs to hold us over even until a ps6 comes out. What are we missing out on- games that need a years ‘s worth of patches and dlc anyway, and that will all end up on subscription services or on sale for dirt cheap eventually, or maybe “remastered” and repackaged a few years from now, as is the style these days. Any notable game being released right now will be still be available sometime down the line, and they’ll cheaper, filled with more content and be more stable as well. Also, unless you are really super into cinematic 3rd person action-adventure games that almost make up the entirety of modern Sony’s exclusives, then you’re not missing out on much you can’t get elsewhere. I’ll pick up a ps5 if my ps4 ever finally bites the dust but otherwise I’m in no hurry. It’s great to love your new fancy tech but not everyone suffers from crippling FOMO.
Yeah ok.

That is a long winded way to say your parents didn't get you one for Christmas

bread's done
Back