Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Hail corporate greed under the guise of "inflation"

I fully expect M$ and Nintendo will follow suit as well

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
Thought they already did? In fact, GPU's price was already scheduled for next month to increase. The promise there is Blizzard games added to the service, possibly even day one COD in the future. Fair trade TBH.

I have never once paid full price for PS+ and this price increase won't change that for me. I have whatever the top tier is called for like 2+ years so I'm good for a while, but I'm sure discounts will be plentiful in the future.

This is 4 the Players

Play Has No Limits... unless you're poor, then get out.

I had stacked 2 years of Essential so im good until Aug 2025.
I bought 2-3 stacks of 12 months with Amazon back in 2019, during the good old price mistake for like $28 after tax. Havent used them but gonna need to be strategic with rationing out the subscriptions I bought.

But damn, I should have haul a lot more than just 2-3 subs

Edit: proof for that glorious haul
f451200e7db3187dea614723d05ac8a3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm good until Jan 2026.  Maybe they'll add some value with the higher price?

They won't but it's theoretically possible.

For $160, we would need 3 AAA games (that I didn't already have but really wanted) in a calendar year to make it worthwhile costwise.

Anyone know where to find a list of what games were offered by month in the different tiers?

And here I was waiting for that 25% off sale to come back before renewing... I guess my days of being a PS+ member are coming to an end because that price is ridiculous. I also need to cancel my MK1 pre-order for PS5 since I won't be able to access the online portion of the game.

This is the sucky part of PS+ Games each month with no complete ownership, is when you realize that someday even the essential version will probably be $100+/yr and maybe you won't want to subscribe anymore at that time and then you'll lose access to all the PS+ Games you collected over the years.

I have a stupid question for anyone who bought Octopath Traveler II. Is the case for your game like a millimeter taller than every other PS5 case? Because mine is and it is messing with my head!

Subscriptions for games will have to naturally get more expensive and have less content to increase shareholder value once the market is saturated of people who will buy them.

It's the natural conclusion.

Never buying into either Xbox or Sony subs. Cheap digital or used physical for me.

This is the sucky part of PS+ Games each month with no complete ownership, is when you realize that someday even the essential version will probably be $100+/yr and maybe you won't want to subscribe anymore at that time and then you'll lose access to all the PS+ Games you collected over the years.
It sucks. PS5 and Xbox feel like half a console without their online subscriptions. I already have a good PC and the only reason I even own consoles anymore is because I like physical media. But this price hike is disgusting and is honestly making me consider going PC/Nintendo only in the future. Can't even play GT7 online in the future without spending more than the damn game itself cost.

It sucks. PS5 and Xbox feel like half a console without their online subscriptions. I already have a good PC and the only reason I even own consoles anymore is because I like physical media. But this price hike is disgusting and is honestly making me consider going PC/Nintendo only in the future. Can't even play GT7 online in the future without spending more than the damn game itself cost.
Yeah, it's going to hit a breaking point sometime.

It's the same reason I keep buying physical copies of movies and games. Eventually I'm just going to get tired of paying hundreds a month for all of the streaming and gaming services I have.

I've been a multi-platform gamer for a long time now but eventually I'm just going to tap out due to how much I'll be paying for services and games that I really don't care much about.

I wonder if the Microsoft-Activision deal has Sony raising PS+ prices with thoughts of funding future studio acquisitions. Obviously Microsoft dwarfs Sony as a company, and their cloud computing division is highly successful/profitable, which allows divisions like Xbox to run in the red as it acquires studios and improves services/infrastructure. But Sony’s not in the same position, and likely doesn’t have the capital/credit to splash billions on acquisitions in the same way. Personally, I did a double take when I saw they had purchased Bungie for 3.2 billion. Given that they failed to stop the MS-ABK merger, I expect Sony will be looking to make further moves in merger efforts as well. So perhaps they’re now leaning on their live-service subscribers and gambling/hoping that people will grumble but continue paying. I think it’s a huge gamble on their part, whatever the reasoning might be.

If previous discount opportunities hold with what’s been offered in recent years, it looks like the cheapest option for Essential might be waiting for the 25% discount during the holiday season and then hopefully paying for it with discounted Dollar General credit. The last few years, DG has had a a few days where PSN credit is 20% off. If all that holds true, a year of Essential would then come to $48 after factoring all discounts. Not especially great, mind you, when comparing against past deals historically, but a hell of a lot better than paying the $80.

Or we can all just vote with our wallets and tell them to go kick rocks, until they realize $60 is more than $0.

PlayStation Plus prices going up.

12-months:

Essential - $79.99
Extra - $134.99
Premium - $159.99

Good thing I stick to free to play games if I want online. Greedy buggers.
Boy Sony must have really broke the bank securing that Saints Row reboot this month. I would have even preferred Forspoken over Saints Row. :whee:

Bought a bunch of cheap PS+ 1 years subs from eneba when I bought my PS5 a few years ago. My sub goes until 6/2024 and I don't think I'll be renewing. None of the free monthly games have caught my eye in a long time and I don't have the time to try games I don't know if I'll like. I usually just stick to buying single player stuff so online is wasted on me. The main thing I wanted PS+ for was backing up my saves since Sony doesn't let you back up PS5 saves locally. I wish they would let us at least have a cheap option to just use the back up save data feature or let us do it for free like xbox. 

I have never once paid full price for PS+ and this price increase won't change that for me. I have whatever the top tier is called for like 2+ years so I'm good for a while, but I'm sure discounts will be plentiful in the future.
Same well except the time they auto got my ads, I was mad cause I was about to get for $35. Matter fact I should check on it they love to auto toggle it after renewing.

I mainly have my console subscriptions to play online. I might as well switch over to pc gaming when my stacked subs run out.

Don't think it's a coincidence that the price hike happened as soon as Xbox dropped Gold/GWG. Just proof that competition in this space is a good thing.
Now that Sony has increased the price 33%, it would be funny if Sony announced the end of games on PS+ to match the end of GWG.

12-months:

Essential - $79.99
Extra - $134.99
Premium - $159.99

Hail corporate greed under the guise of "inflation"

I fully expect M$ and Nintendo will follow suit as well

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
the rising costs of sending / receiving digital packets etc etc

I predict that this price increase doesn’t affect subscription numbers at all lol. Sure people will complain at first, but then the new CoD or GTA or whatever will come out and people will simply need to pew pew with their buddies online. So many people treat these online games like vital part-time jobs for some reason. The ceiling for how much they can charge for online play is probably much higher than $80 a year. Most normies don’t even realize they get free games with their basic PS+ plan. Might as well just get rid of that perk too, it won’t really make a difference.

What’s extra funny is announcing this price increase at the same time as announcing perhaps the worst month of PS+ Essential games ever… A cringey zoomer-filled failed reboot of a formerly beloved series, some dlc for a free-to-play mmo, and a terrible PS4 game with a metacritic score in the 40s. Yikes.

I let my sub lapse a while back and I don’t have many redeemed PS+ games left that I’m interested in playing, so I guess that’s it for me. End of an era. PS Extra is still probably a good deal for someone who is is new to PS, wants to try a variety of different genres, and doesn’t plan on buying games literally ever. For me, the vast majority of the catalog I either already bought on a deep discount, or I got from PS+ over the years.

I have a stupid question for anyone who bought Octopath Traveler II. Is the case for your game like a millimeter taller than every other PS5 case? Because mine is and it is messing with my head!
My copy is the same height as my other PS5 cases.

The PS+ price increases just reminded me that you can't backup PS5 saves to a USB drive (unless you do a system backup/restore, which isn't really a practical option) and cloud saves are locked behind PS+.

12-months:

Essential - $79.99
Extra - $134.99
Premium - $159.99

lmao-crying-laughing.gif

I for one have never had PS+, because I mostly play single-player games and if there is an online multiplayer game I want to play, it's either on Switch or something I can play on PC. These lovely prices won't be changing that. And yeah, it's always felt like not having PS+ meant that a piece of the PS4 and PS5 was just missing.

Man, Sony really has no idea what they're doing this generation. My PS5 has just been collecting dust since I finished FFXVI.

lmao-crying-laughing.gif

I for one have never had PS+, because I mostly play single-player games and if there is an online multiplayer game I want to play, it's either on Switch or something I can play on PC. These lovely prices won't be changing that. And yeah, it's always felt like not having PS+ meant that a piece of the PS4 and PS5 was just missing.

Man, Sony really has no idea what they're doing this generation. My PS5 has just been collecting dust since I finished FFXVI.
I think the PS5's success is all because of marketing. There's really no other reason for it to be selling as well as it is. Demons Souls Remake, Rift Apart and FF16 are good current gen exclusives but they aren't the reason this console is such a runaway success. Sony has finally tapped into that Apple market that chooses PlayStation products as a status symbol.

Wait really? wtf. It was really easy to put my saves on a flash drive when I had a ps4.

The PS+ price increases just reminded me that you can't backup PS5 saves to a USB drive (unless you do a system backup/restore, which isn't really a practical option) and cloud saves are locked behind PS+.

I think the PS5's success is all because of marketing. There's really no other reason for it to be selling as well as it is. Demons Souls Remake, Rift Apart and FF16 are good current gen exclusives but they aren't the reason this console is such a runaway success. Sony has finally tapped into that Apple market that chooses PlayStation products as a status symbol.
Lol.

Exactly that, and also stimulus checks and the child tax credit went towards a ton of PS5s for a while.

You forgot about Forspoken! But seriously, Returnal and Astros Playroom are both really great.

100%. And as much as I love Creative Business Unit 3 FF16 is hardly worth the asking price if you don't already happen to have the system. There are zero compelling true "exclusives" for the system.

VALVE and PC Gaming offer free cloud saves and online multiplayer. Also, those saves are forward-compatible with future PC hardware or Steam Decks. Now that PS Exclusives end up on Steam eventually and I can use the Dual Sense with a PC,  what incentive do I have to get another PlayStation console?

VALVE and PC Gaming offer free cloud saves and online multiplayer. Also, those saves are forward-compatible with future PC hardware or Steam Decks. Now that PS Exclusives end up on Steam eventually and I can use the Dual Sense with a PC, what incentive do I have to get another PlayStation console?
That was my thought process with Xbox since the beginning of the Xbox One. Then they had the Halo edition Series X, and, being the Halo fan I am since day one, well, that got me to buy a Series X. That and I still prefer physical when possible. So even though I'm still holding out on PS5, I will get one eventually. If the Spider-Man 2 PS5 wasn't just replaceable panels, I was going to jump on that.

It's a great UHD Blu-ray player and media machine, as well. Less laggy than the Android based devices to boot.

We use mine more for video streaming and movies. Gaming is a bonus.

Yep...Worst part is you can still backup PS4 saves to a flash drive on the PS5, but not PS5 saves.
….you can’t…? How does one back up PS5 save files then?

I’ve been doing this on my PS4 for years and years. Then save my old game files to my computer.

The PS5's success is Sony continuing to keep momentum from when Xbox attempted suicide with the announcement and launch of the Xbox One (no used games, Kinect, $500), combined with keeping a high level of quality on the majority their first party compared to the roulette wheel of Xbox exclusives. Starfield is the first extremely high profile exclusive the Series X has gotten.

While there aren't _that_ many PS5 exclusives still, there are some and there are a lot of Japanese games that simply passed on Xbox versions.

Sony has been pushing bad stuff like this price increase and the $10 "upgrade" fee, but they're so far ahead it hasn't really hurt them much

i got a lot of wallet funds from gamestop funny money but i just dont know if its worth
i was waiting for a $40 sale but i think i either just get like 5 years now or never bother with it again

most online use i got was monster hunter and souls invasions

Blows my mind that anyone is shocked they raised the prices.

Do I think it is bullshit, 100% yes.  The price for what they offer doesn't add up.

With Gamepass being $15 a month that equates to $180 a year, the value is there (kind of) because of all the games added as they drop.  Once Blizzard stuff is added, it will def be worth that price.  Sony needs to do the same shit, which I feel they will, maybe lmao.

I'm just glad I stacked years of Premium when I did. I am good until 2025.

When I was validating my subscription, you can still add time to it at the existing prices. 

Mine gave me the option of buying another year of Premium at $119.  Not going to do it, but if people wanted to add on time for the old prices, you may be able to do it that way.  

bread's done
Back