Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I've completed both XV and XVI and despite XVI being billed as the anti-XV (no troubled development, no infinite delays, no side material necessary for the plot), both games kind of fall apart in the end. We all know about XV's sudden shift from open world to linear hallway in order to speedrun to its conclusion, but XVI falls apart in the sense that its story just started spinning its wheels in the final act. The story was much clearer and easier to follow than XV's, but it starts pulling that mystery box-style of storytelling that so many games and movies do now, where it's so many questions and vague statements that are there just to tantalize, to intrigue the audience enough to make them want to keep playing/watching, but then the answers are either unsatisfying or are just more mysteries. Moreover, XV had a fantastic villain in Ardyn, while XVI's villain was so boring, so cookie-cutter JRPG, that he just didn't belong in a game that was supposed to be a very gritty, realistic tale of political unrest, human rights, and freedom. Honestly, I think XV's ending was better than XVI's, and I really felt the bond between the four bros, while some of Clive's relationships felt a bit more hollow and underdeveloped (not with Cid and Gav, though, those were highlights).

People have lauded XVI for being a complete game at launch, but it was clear that, like XV, story content was cut for DLC, and I think it's a little disingenuous that the developers exclaimed, "We'll only make DLC if people want it!" while carefully leaving parts of the story and lore blank to fill them in with DLC. Again, not making DLC is counter to XV's cavalcade of story expansions, but don't tell people there's no plans to make more of the game while obviously planning to make (and sell) more of the game.

I enjoyed my time with XVI up until the final act, where the sidequests were just starting to wear thin and the antagonists that were left were so one-dimensional and uninteresting. It's not enough of an RPG for me and I don't see myself replaying it any time soon. I think we all have an idea of what the DLC stories will be, but I'll wait for their reveals to determine if I'm buying.

At least now ppl know how big Venom is
1ec0c78423afdda32cb47df124149ab0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Great post.

I've completed both XV and XVI and despite XVI being billed as the anti-XV (no troubled development, no infinite delays, no side material necessary for the plot), both games kind of fall apart in the end. We all know about XV's sudden shift from open world to linear hallway in order to speedrun to its conclusion, but XVI falls apart in the sense that its story just started spinning its wheels in the final act. The story was much clearer and easier to follow than XV's, but it starts pulling that mystery box-style of storytelling that so many games and movies do now, where it's so many questions and vague statements that are there just to tantalize, to intrigue the audience enough to make them want to keep playing/watching, but then the answers are either unsatisfying or are just more mysteries.
john-locke.gif

Is there proof of this statement?
Unfortunately just my experiences. For a past month I had nothing but slow speeds over psn & I mean slow. 8mb max down & maybe 1.2mb(usually it wasn't in mb but kb) up, plus disconnects galor. How do I know it was psn throttling & not something like my Isp throttling me or hardware issues somewhere along the line? I did a independant connective test, the speeds would be fine. I would constantly alter the router settings to try to remendy it (open ports, change nat, dns settings, ect.) to no advail. I even directly plugged in the ethernet line, it still persisted.

The issue only effected the two PS4's in the household (three if you count where my niece brought over her's just so I had another to test) same accross the board for all of them. Everything else in the household functioned fine with no connective issues, including my brother's PS5 which got good speeds (180mb down / 12 mb upload) & was farther from the router not only distance wise but on a whole lower basement floor mind you.

I don't know about you but that says to me it's was PSN's end. So fed up with it I decided to pick up a PS5 while they still had that $50 off sale across the board going on & the minute I got it & switched over I've had zero issues. I don't know what else to tell you.

Edit: Forgot to mention a couple of people on my friends list who still on Ps4's where mentioning the same issues as well. So that was well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally just bought a PS5 due to PSN throttling PS4 users, after a couple of days getting used to it & being very underwhelm by it's overall construction, Sony goes and pulls the PS+ hike fiasco. I've been a console dominate player all my life & I think this was my last console purchase. I'm not paying $80 a year just to play online & I've only played one..ONE PS+ game across years that I didn't already owned. I'm tired all the BS across the board. Microsoft/Xbox was already on my fuck it list & now so is Playstation. Unless Nintendo next system really perks my interest, yeah I'm done.

So I guess it's PC only from here on out or I have to learn to go touch grass, cause I've had it.
Thinking back on this post, as someone who's owned every console and used to upgrade my PC every year.... I haven't upgraded my PC in years to the point that it's probably only good for playing Solitaire nowadays lol.

I do enjoy the console experience and at least Playstation still has some exclusives (?), I don't think Xbox has any console only exclusives. I just bought a PS5 and Series X this year. Between the price of both consoles and subscription services, I could have bought a pretty decent PC. God knows I'm due for an upgrade. :pray:

So if my math is right, the holiday deals are usually $30 off correct? I believe I paid $89.99 for premium during the sale. That means if it goes on sale again during the upcoming holidays, it will be $129.99 for the premium meaning that you will save $10 if you extend today. That all check out? Now, if you wait for PSN credit to go on sale at 20% off dollar general or another retailer like last year, it would come out to $104 so it would be better to wait but straight money wise, it's better to buy before the increase. Again, if I would have known last year I can buy multiple years at the discounted price, I would have. Oh well.

They've been doing 25% off for awhile.

I felt Extra was the sweet spot when it when on sale. There was a lot of value there for $75. A sale price of roughly $100 doesn't sound nearly as enticing. 

I don't have a Twitter account so I can't see the replies, but I bet it's folks asking for a reprint on the Pixel Remasters...

Funny that the PS4 ESRB version will be the rare one for a change.

They've been doing 25% off for awhile.

I felt Extra was the sweet spot when it when on sale. There was a lot of value there for $75. A sale price of roughly $100 doesn't sound nearly as enticing.
Yeah, it was 25% off for Days of Play and Black Friday. I tacked on another year of Extra for $100 before the price goes up. If the sales are still 25%, it will be back around $100, but I'm at least covered depending on what the sales look like.

While I agree the price hike is bullshit, there has to be a reason for it, and that upcoming State of Play will probably explain why.
I imagine that will just be 30 minutes of Jim Ryan on stage nervously laughing. I'm convinced even they don't know what they're doing anymore and WANT people on Game Pass.

Then why wouldn't they announce the price hike at the State of Play?
I wonder how many people are actually going to cancel their sub since everyone is saying they plan to cancel or will they continue to sub once the effect of the sticker shock price wears off? We know how fickle gamers are. Games are literally digital crack.

I believe that whatever profit Sony planned to make with last year's price hike was likely eaten by inflation so they're increasing prices by 35% so that they won't have to increase prices again so soon.

I'm still flabergasted that they chose to increase prices during a month with possibly the worst 3 selection of PS Plus games they possibly could have chosen, one game so bad it literally shutdown the studio. Even if they gave us just one good month and the rest of the year was shit, at least they could have pointed to the one good thing they did. Marketing 101.

A $20-40 annual price increase is not going to drive people to PC gaming. PC gaming is expensive, time-consuming and complicated, as soon as you start talking about graphics card specs most people are out. 

It could push people to Xbox especially with that gold pass. Xbox just needs more quality games!

you'd have to be an idiot to think this "is about a +$20 price increase".

It's a 33% increase in cost, annually, in perpetuity actually.  For the lowest tier of service which basically offers nothing, besides connectivity.  In the face of rising costs from every other digital subscription service as well.

when is anything ever "about the twenty dollars".

It's amazing how long these companies and service games keep fooling zoomers and children with their 'A La Carte' dining menu options which the restaurant industry has been using to fool people for nearly two decades.  "It's only $3 more for cheese on the burger!"  What, is $3 too much for you?? hmm??

Only $5 for Door Dash delivery, guys.  What are you too poor to afford that??

It's never about any one, singular charge.  derp.  In fact, that shows you have poor financial acumen.   It's $80 min. now, not "just $20 more". 

Right now under my subscriptions, it says my next payment is $119.99 on April 3rd 2024. Is it everyone's understanding that the payment will all of a sudden turn to 159.99 in two days or am I locked in until I renew again? I know the smart thing to do is not take any chances but I'm just curious what everyone here thinks.

Boooo I knew I shoulda picked up plus extra during days of play. Well, at least in my case despite saving up for a new pc I WAS sure I'd grab a year to work on my backlog but that's a huge jump added to a year of massive subscription price increases. 75 was reasonable but why would I pay over a hundred when I could pick up all the games I actually want used for slightly more and forever? And I wasn't even considering game pass before but if I'm gonna be screwed over by subscriptions I might as well choose one with actual value (if I don't just wait long term for PC sales)

Right now under my subscriptions, it says my next payment is $119.99 on April 3rd 2024. Is it everyone's understanding that the payment will all of a sudden turn to 159.99 in two days or am I locked in until I renew again? I know the smart thing to do is not take any chances but I'm just curious what everyone here thinks.
$119.99 is your current renewal price. That rate will increase once the new price changes take effect.

Seems like it's almost not even worth it to wait for a sale. The discount of the sale of PS Plus would need to be greater than 35% in order to be better than the current standard price.

$119.99 is your current renewal price. That rate will increase once the new price changes take effect.

Seems like it's almost not even worth it to wait for a sale. The discount of the sale of PS Plus would need to be greater than 35% in order to be better than the current standard price.
Yeah I've already gone over that in a previous post of mine. I was just curious if that price would indeed change or if it would stay the same until I renewed and then the new price would be on there. So basically, for everyone that's already grandfathered in, their renewal price will be the $119.99 but everyone who is brand new will have to pay $159.99. Sony didn't mention that but they also don't have any reason to.

A $20-40 annual price increase is not going to drive people to PC gaming. PC gaming is expensive, time-consuming and complicated, as soon as you start talking about graphics card specs most people are out.

It could push people to Xbox especially with that gold pass. Xbox just needs more quality games!
doesn't that only really matter if you want to play stuff on higher settings, framerate, 1200-1400p, raytracing etcetera.

I can play tales of zesteria and the yakuza stuff on my laptop. Sure it's not amazing but they're all playable.

Yeah I've already gone over that in a previous post of mine. I was just curious if that price would indeed change or if it would stay the same until I renewed and then the new price would be on there. So basically, for everyone that's already grandfathered in, their renewal price will be the $119.99 but everyone who is brand new will have to pay $159.99. Sony didn't mention that but they also don't have any reason to.
The only grandfathering in is if your renewal happens by November 6th.

For current 12-month subscribers, this price increase will not take effect until your next renewal date that occurs on or after November 6.

The only grandfathering in is if your renewal happens by November 6th.

For current 12-month subscribers, this price increase will not take effect until your next renewal date that occurs on or after November 6.
Oh okay that's cool at least. I just went ahead and renewed for another year since mine expires in April.

Anyone remember the good ole days when PS3 could tout FREE online multiplayer as opposed to XBOX requiring a sub to Xbox Live?

edit- I meant PS3 not PS2. My bad.

PS2 online was fucking trash
yeah, not sure I would use ps2 as a "golden age" of free online multiplayer. if you didn't upgrade to a slim model you had to buy a, naturally, nearly impossible to find in stores, network adapter. hard drive was separate and i don't even think it was compatible with the slim versions and i think Final Fantasy 11 was the only game that even used it. only game i even remember playing online was auto modellista.

Then why wouldn't they announce the price hike at the State of Play?
If they actually have something to justify the price increase then it's feasible that they want the prices raised and in place before the announcement so people don't try to stack more years at the lower price... for those of you that want to hold on to hopes and dreams.

Is final fantasy 16 a buy at $37? Or so we think it’s going to get cheaper on Black Friday. Not sure how fast these games normally drop in price

Is final fantasy 16 a buy at $37? Or so we think it’s going to get cheaper on Black Friday. Not sure how fast these games normally drop in price
I'd recommend it at that price. I know I ragged on it a bit in my last post, but it's overall a very entertaining story, fun (if not a bit repetitive) action gameplay, gorgeous graphics and visuals, blood-pumping soundtrack, and an eclectic, likeable cast of characters. Oh, and Torgal, the real reason to play the game. Go into it with two things in mind: it's barely an RPG (purely action-focused) and the story gets very muddy toward the end. But I think you won't regret it at such a good price.

In terms of its Black Friday price, maybe it'll hit $30, but I'd be shocked if it was any lower. If you're jonesing to play it now, just grab it.

I'd recommend it at that price. I know I ragged on it a bit in my last post, but it's overall a very entertaining story, fun (if not a bit repetitive) action gameplay, gorgeous graphics and visuals, blood-pumping soundtrack, and an eclectic, likeable cast of characters. Oh, and Torgal, the real reason to play the game. Go into it with two things in mind: it's barely an RPG (purely action-focused) and the story gets very muddy toward the end. But I think you won't regret it at such a good price.

In terms of its Black Friday price, maybe it'll hit $30, but I'd be shocked if it was any lower. If you're jonesing to play it now, just grab it.
I agree with all of this. It is a good deal at $37. It is a fun game. If you want an RPG do not get this. If you want what is basically a modern day Beat 'em up, you will love this.

Since it doesn't have multiplat versions its not easy to gauge whether or not it will drop. If there's over printing it might drop a bit. The other biggest factor is how well do ps5 (timed) exclusive hold. I'd assume not much since the install base is still tiny.

There's also the chance to get a definitive version down the line that has all the dlc and updates.

Where is FF16 $37? It's $56 on PS store. Normal price is $70, so half off after just two months is a great price. I'd definitely buy it.

Where is FF16 $37? It's $56 on PS store. Normal price is $70, so half off after just two months is a great price. I'd definitely buy it.
Well it’s 45 used at GameStop. 5% off for pro membership. And $5 monthly coupon.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Will probably grab it

FF16 didn't feel like a bad purchase even at $60.

The DLC announcement is a little annoying...but the game is very enjoyable.

If you don't have a capable HDR display then save that $40 and put it in the piggy bank towards a high quality TV. This game is an HDR spectacle to behold.

FF16 didn't feel like a bad purchase even at $60.

The DLC announcement is a little annoying...but the game is very enjoyable.

If you don't have a capable HDR display then save that $40 and put it in the piggy bank towards a high quality TV. This game is an HDR spectacle to behold.
yes! I have a 65 LG C2 and wow just wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back