Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I really really hope Disco Elysium being added is true. Been waiting for that to come to Game Pass for years now. I have heard so many good things about it. Still trying to figure out how to fix my x button on my dual sense from only working if I blow into the speaker every 2 minutes. I'd rather not try to take the thing apart.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS1 seriously has the most satisfying box collections with those jeweled cases and their contents. I just wish I had gotten a few of those early longbox games which I missed out on like King's Field.

That, and Sega Saturn longbox jewel case collection which I missed out on are the only retro things I find truly appealing. A lot of that nostalgic stuff is lost to time.

I don't feel the same way about Nintendo (complete N64 and SNES box editions). They don't keep well. They'd bend and get creased upon your very first unboxing of the game in the 90's. They were also paper boxes and they were meant to be discarded. Nintendo games have been updated and re-released so many times. There's eshop and Play-Asia physical versions and HD re-masters of most Nintendo stuff which makes the absurd valuations, and poor QoL, from retro carts seem insanely outdated to me. They have been obsoleted.

But I still get great satisfaction from my PS1 jewel case collection, and break one out to play every now and then.
Oh how I wish I'd known what King's Field was all about when it was sitting clearance bin at KB Toys. I've also discovered that most Nintendo games just don't hold value well because they do remaster and reprint them into oblivion. And all this talk about Working Designs lately is odd since I recently sold off a NM Lunar CE with guide for $300 I think it was. Still have a Valkyrie Profile to offload, which is quite spicy.

I really really hope Disco Elysium being added is true. Been waiting for that to come to Game Pass for years now. I have heard so many good things about it. Still trying to figure out how to fix my x button on my dual sense from only working if I blow into the speaker every 2 minutes. I'd rather not try to take the thing apart.
Just remembered I bought it during a Steam sale last year and haven't started it yet. FML if it does come to Game Pass when I'm now foaming at the mouth for Lords of the Fallen this Friday.

FF16 is done and it was an enjoyable ride. If there’s any expansion or dlc I’m on board. I will say my love of the setting and side quests wore off about 38 hours in and I passed to the objectives as quick as I could. Combat was fun although simpler, the inability to play other members, lack of depth in xp screen don’t make it my favorite but it was a good time. Well worth the money.

dell has the ps5 sony pulse 3d headset $100 plus a $50 dell gift card. amex also has $50 off $100 purchase on some acounts (with tax works, got my confirmation right after purchase) and rakuten has 10% cash back at dell. if it all works out CAG math "free" headset? assuming you can find something you actually want and don't overpay for with the gift card (not likely)

Should’ve been listening to hybrid theory and Koi no Yokan
Would've been a weird high school experience if both of those albums were fresh during it.

Recently for whatever reason, I went back and listened to some 2000s era nu metal. Deftones is in another class compared to most of that stuff.

Not even counting revisions, there have been 8 PlayStations. Well… maybe 7 depending on whether you want to consider one of them its own thing or not.

dell has the ps5 sony pulse 3d headset $100 plus a $50 dell gift card. amex also has $50 off $100 purchase on some acounts (with tax works, got my confirmation right after purchase) and rakuten has 10% cash back at dell. if it all works out CAG math "free" headset? assuming you can find something you actually want and don't overpay for with the gift card (not likely)
I'm not seeing any mention of the $50 dell gift card.

I do think it's cool they will let you get the drive add on if you get the digital version, and overall the aesthetics are a bit better in this iteration (the original is ugly as sin....this one is still ugly but a bit less.) I do think it does look cheaper overall (sure that's what Sony where going for in making it cheaper to mass produce), but not terrible. Would be cool if it costed slightly less, but we're still in relatively new console land, so I don't expect price drops. Overall it's OK, but I'm glad I have my original.

I do think it's cool they will let you get the drive add on if you get the digital version, and overall the aesthetics are a bit better in this iteration (the original is ugly as sin....this one is still ugly but a bit less.) I do think it does look cheaper overall (sure that's what Sony where going for in making it cheaper to mass produce), but not terrible. Would be cool if it costed slightly less, but we're still in relatively new console land, so I don't expect price drops. Overall it's OK, but I'm glad I have my original.
Sony HAD to add glossy plates too

Jesus Christ...

Still ugly sigh. I was hoping that the slim would have a better design. Like others said better just waiting for the pro then. By then the phat and slim should drop off considerably.

I think they launched the PS5 digital at $400 to make sure digital sales eclipsed physical. Now, they no longer need to incentivize digital sales and can severely limit the retail availability of the PS5 slim bundled with disc drive.

I am surprised they sell a PS5 slim with disc as a SKU as I figured they would only offer the external drive as an add-on.

Vertical stand now available as separate $30 purchase - haha! My PS5 disc for $400 still looks like a good deal. I like the cohesive look.
Yeah, waiting for the last three years hasn't had any benefits. In regards to a newer model, reliability, hardware upgrades, or any significant discount.

There is also no new "Pro" model on the horizon. It's fine; saying that just means a person isn't serious about buying a Playstation right now. But there is no Pro model in the works anytime soon.

Sony hasn't been looking at upgrading the hardware, and there's no need to. The issue for the entire 2.5 previous years has been just getting SSD expansion down to reasonable prices. It's not like they're going to look into fabricating more expensive APUs right now. Most of these customers still don't even have HDR displays.

I expect there to be some real good sales on consoles for the holidays. Like $400 disc version and a first party game. What the console manufacturers are concerned with now is ramping up their install base.

I think they launched the PS5 digital at $400 to make sure digital sales eclipsed physical. Now, they no longer need to incentivize digital sales and can severely limit the retail availability of the PS5 slim bundled with disc drive.

I am surprised they sell a PS5 slim with disc as a SKU as I figured they would only offer the external drive as an add-on.
They aren't Microsoft.

I wouldn't look at an announcement like this and think that Sony is attempting to phase out the UHD disc drive. This is about streamlining the manufacturing process.

Signs point hard to that new model we saw, but I'm not sure WTF Sony is doing by delaying the announcement this far out. Actually, that would be completely in line with their shitshow of stupid ideas by dropping the news a month from Black Friday which ODDLY LINES UP WITH 10/20. Please, I'm begging you to prove me wrong Sony.
They failed.

I think they were worried about Series S so they wanted a $400 option, but now they don't see it as a concern.

$80 doesn't surprise me at all. I'm more surprised they raised the price of the digital version to $450
Seriously, aren't the slim models supposed to be cheaper?

I got a PS5 last summer and while this new slim model is nice for space issues, I'm sure the thing will be as much of a hotbox as the base model is, meaning no matter which one I have, I'll still have to pull it off of the shelf and onto a footstool to play games without it overheating. So, I'll be hanging onto my base model unless a pro model is released and is worth the upgrade.

I wouldn't expect to receive the $50 gift card from dell for the pulse headset. so many issues with last year same time amex promotion for other products that was suppose to come with a $50 gift card.

Honkai Star Rail is out now for PS5 as a free to play game:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10005275

Roblox is out now for PS4 as a free to play game:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/223118

Long Gone Days is out on PS5/PS4 for $24.99:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10008650

Wild Card Football is out on PS5/PS4 for $39.99:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10003280

Lil Gator Game is out on PS5/PS4 for $19.99 or $15.99 for PS+:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/10008374

Seriously, aren't the slim models supposed to be cheaper?

I got a PS5 last summer and while this new slim model is nice for space issues, I'm sure the thing will be as much of a hotbox as the base model is, meaning no matter which one I have, I'll still have to pull it off of the shelf and onto a footstool to play games without it overheating. So, I'll be hanging onto my base model unless a pro model is released and is worth the upgrade.
Welcome to Jim Ryan's Playstation where Playstation is no longer for the players but for the payers. I guess we should be thankful they didn't charge us for the little screw that came with the PS5. They're just going to make you pay for the stand instead.

I7AJSjP.jpg

I've heard good things about it but since it's a gacha and not on ps4 I don't really have that much interest. I already have a backlog and stuff in real life to try and play those types of games anymore.

Death stranding PS5 is on sale so I'm considering picking that up along with Fort Solis. I played (and finished) Death Stranding PS4 on release. If I don't plan on replaying it wholly and just want to experience whatever new content the Directors Cut PS5 version adds is that worth it? Is there actually new content or is it just new guns / skins?

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1712130099733008405

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog*

Gotham Knights | PS5

It’s up to the Batman Family – Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood, and Robin – to protect Gotham, bring hope to its citizens, discipline to its cops, and fear to its criminals. Gotham Knights is an open-world, action RPG set in a dynamic and interactive Gotham City. Patrol Gotham’s five distinct boroughs in solo or in co-op and drop in on criminal activity wherever you find it.

Disco Elysium – The Final Cut | PS4, PS5

The definitive edition of the groundbreaking role-playing game. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders, or take bribes. Become a hero or an absolute disaster of a human being.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes | PS4, PS5

The Dark Pictures Anthology is a series of standalone, cinematic branching horror games where the decisions you make in the game determine the story and the outcome you receive. In House of Ashes, a military unit, accompanied by a CIA field operative, is ordered to investigate a suspected underground chemical weapons facility. Horrific discoveries and impossible decisions face the Unit as they strive to navigate a subterranean labyrinth and escape the terrifying threat. Will they each prioritize their own survival, or put aside their fears and their personal rivalries to fight together as one?

Alien: Isolation | PS4

Fifteen years after the events of Alien, Ellen Ripley’s daughter, Amanda enters a desperate battle for survival, on a mission to unravel the truth behind her mother’s disappearance. Navigate through an increasingly volatile world as you find yourself confronted on all sides by a panicked, desperate population and an unpredictable, ruthless Alien. Underpowered and under-prepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.

Dead Island Definitive Edition | PS4

Caught in the midst of an epic zombie outbreak on the tropical island of Banoi, survival is your only priority. Smash heads, crack skulls, and slice ‘em up with visceral astounding melee combat and true story-based four-player co-op in a sprawling open world just waiting for exploration.

Outlast 2 | PS4

Two investigative journalists risk it all to uncover stories no one else will dare touch. Their latest lead follows a trail of clues that begin with the seemingly impossible murder of a pregnant woman known only as Jane Doe. The investigation leads miles into the Arizona desert, to a darkness and corruption so deep that no one could yet shed light upon it. Stay sharp to survive in an intense first-person horror experience.

Elite Dangerous | PS4

Elite Dangerous is a massively multiplayer space epic, bringing gaming’s original open-world adventure to PS4 with a connected galaxy, evolving narrative and the entirety of the Milky Way re-created at its full galactic proportions. Starting with only a small starship and a few credits, players do whatever it takes to earn the skill, knowledge, wealth, and power to survive in a futuristic cutthroat galaxy and to stand among the ranks of the iconic Elite.

FAR: Changing Tides | PS4, PS5

An atmospheric vehicle adventure that follows the emotional journey of a boy and his ship as he embarks on a voyage to find a new home. Sail stormy waters, dive unknown depths, and explore forgotten ruins in a beautifully realized, flooded world. Experience the thrill of captaining a distinctive seafaring vessel. Together you’ll brave high seas, navigate intense storms, and plumb the perils of a briny deep.

Gungrave G.O.R.E.

Become the gun-wielding badass anti-hero of your dreams as you mow down tons of enemies in a gory ballet of bullets and experience a story of vengeance, love and loyalty, all in a beautiful third-person action shooter, combining the best that Eastern and Western game design have to offer.

Eldest Souls | PS4, PS5

In a final act of vengeance, the Old Gods have unleashed a great Desolation upon the world. Mankind is fading, with but a glimmer of hope remaining. Fast-paced and challenging Soulslike combat awaits, where every moment counts. Yet fortune favors the bold, and defeating the Old Gods may grant the player powers beyond mortal comprehension. Each Old God presents a new and unique challenge for the player to overcome, with fitting rewards for those who triumph.

Röki | PS4, PS5

Rediscover magic and chart your adventure through this forgotten northern world of mystery and monsters. Find your courage, discover hidden paths, solve ancient puzzles, and travel deeper through the icy land to learn the truth. We join Tove on a fantastical journey to save her family. A journey that takes her deep into a hidden and long-forgotten world of lost folklore filled with strange locations and even stranger creatures. Explore the ancient wilderness, solve its mysteries, save your family in this modern adventure game for all.

*All PlayStation 5 game versions are download only.

PlayStation Premium | Classics

Tekken 6 | PS4, PS5

Face off against tough opponents in large, interactive stages. Customize your favorite character, equipping items with direct impacts on gameplay. Practice and patience make perfect as you hone your combos and seek to win the tournament.

Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny | PS4, PS5

Wield massive blades, execute high-flying maneuvers, and apply pressure to destroy rivals or knock them out of the ring. Dive into modes include the story-driven Gauntlet, challenging Trials, Training, and more.

Ape Escape Academy | PS4, PS5

Never has monkeying around in class been so rewarding. Complete a variety of fun, colorful minigames like dancing, fighting, building bonfires, and more. Strive to be the best and make it to senior year in Ape Escape Academy.

IQ Final | PS4, PS5

This sequel to I.Q.: Intelligent Qube on the original PlayStation includes brain-busting modes like 100 Attack, I.Q. Final, Survival, and Create. Navigate each stage carefully to avoid being crushed by the rotating blocks.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1712128665117450297

Today we have more details to share about PS5 cloud streaming for PlayStation Plus Premium members. Starting this month, we will begin launching cloud streaming access for supported PS5 digital titles within the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog* and Game Trials*, as well as supported titles in the PS5 game library that PlayStation Plus Premium members own.

Select PS5 games will be available for streaming, and we’re planning to have hundreds of PS5 titles to support this new benefit. This includes:

● Top PS5 hits from the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog*, such as Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, Ghost of Tsushima, Mortal Kombat 11, and Saints Row IV

● Game Trials* for PS5 games, such as Hogwarts Legacy, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and The Calisto Protocol

● Additional PS5 digital titles PlayStation Plus Premium members own that will be available for streaming, such as Resident Evil 4, Dead Island 2, Genshin Impact, Fall Guys, and Fortnite

These are just a few examples of supported PS5 games that will include a cloud streaming option, in addition to download.

PS5 cloud streaming is exclusively available on the PS5 console at launch. Without having to download a game, players can access PS5 game streaming with their PlayStation Plus Premium membership. Additionally, PlayStation Plus Premium members will also see features available with the new PS5 streaming benefit, including:

● Downloadable content and in-game purchases will be available for PS5 game streaming, including DLC and add-ons – similar to purchases from downloadable games.

● High quality resolution options**, including 4K, 1440p, 1080p, and 720p, with 60 FPS and SDR or HDR output.

● Enhanced audio with support for all PS5 audio capabilities including 5.1 and 7.1 as well as Tempest 3D Audiotech.

● Capture screenshots and record up to 3 minutes of video, which will be downloaded to your Media Gallery on PS5 and also available in the Media Gallery on PS App

Since this will be a large undertaking for our teams to roll out, we plan to launch regionally through a phased approach. Here are the launch dates we are currently targeting in local times:

● Japan – targeting October 17

● Europe – targeting October 23

● North America – targeting October 30

Cloud streaming through PlayStation Plus Premium is currently available in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Cyprus, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States.

We hope players will enjoy this new PS5 streaming feature that will be automatically added to their PlayStation Plus Premium membership. We’ll continue to focus on evolving the features and benefits for PlayStation Plus, so there’s more to look forward to.

*Availability of titles varies by region and plan. See https://www.playstation.com/Plus for details and updates on PlayStation Plus offerings. PlayStation Plus is an ongoing subscription subject to a recurring subscription fee taken automatically (at the then-current PS Store price) at the frequency you choose at purchase until cancellation. Terms apply: play.st/psplus-usageterms

I'm glad the rumors about Disco were true! I know nothing about the game other than it's gotten rave reviews and it's a mystery solving game that I am moving up my backlog.

Apparently I have to buy PS+ for the first time in like 7 years. Are there any deals out there or am I stuck paying msrp like a sucker?

Sony obviously wishes they never made the digital console so cheap. Everyone but them benefited from the shortages. Now they are in a position to charge what they want and they would have to charge $100 for the drive if they didn't rise the price.

Does anyone really think a pro model is going to happen if they couldn't make the regular system cheaper after 3 years? It would be "599 US Dollars" all over again. :razz:

bread's done
Back