Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
That's right, it was on the Wii U! I think it was one of the few games I played on it. Hopefully the load times are better on the PS5.
Last I heard, there wasn't a big difference since all versions had bad load times. Even on the PC with an NVMe drive it's still has long loading times.

I'm playing Tiny Tina's Wonderlands with my gf and it's great (we beat the game and are doing the DLC and working on the Chaos Chamber). I loved Borderlands, bought the BL2 with the season pass and put it aside at some point and never went back. This was my first BL game since then, and it's a blast.

I'm also excited to see Lego City Undercover. I played part of it on the Switch but never finished it. I've considered it on sale a few times, but I don't know when I'll get around to it.

I'll have to check out the others, but it looks like a good month for me with the essential and extra games.
I wish they'd open Borderlands up to a more open world experience because the issue is always the same for those games: what to do at the end. The chaos chambers weren't really satisfying with rewards only pushing how high you could take the levels to. Maybe all these looter games are just becoming stagnate when other games do this as only a subset of the experience and not the whole.

Last edited:
A new version of the DualSense showed up on Best Buy Canada:

Includes the charging station and boasts a 12-hour battery. Same price for what they pay for a DualSense.
I wonder when they will release in the states and if it will be more expensive. I just bought 2 dualsense over the holidays so I'm good. Not too bummed about longer battery life or not having charging stations but very cool for those that will be purchasing them in the future. Of course I'd rather have these ones over the ones I already own.

I want the game where you shoot the girls and their clothes fall off.
That's Gal Gun, right? They need to make it 99% off since I don't actually want to spend money for it.

Gal*Gun 2 and Gal*Gun: Double Peace were just on sale for $3 you missed your chance. The complete editions of both are on sale right now for $9/$6. If you like house of the dead and anime they're actually pretty fun games.

I do like House of the Dead. Alright, well, is one much better than the other if I do pick one up? Thanks
Also, I saw a video and it said PANTSU PARADISE.

I wonder when they will release in the states and if it will be more expensive. I just bought 2 dualsense over the holidays so I'm good. Not too bummed about longer battery life or not having charging stations but very cool for those that will be purchasing them in the future. Of course I'd rather have these ones over the ones I already own.
Same, I have the controller the system came with and I got a purple one when it was on sale for $60 back in 2022 at Target. Also snagged a charging station at the same time for $20 on Amazon, so I'm set. Yeah, the longer battery life is nice, but when my controller tells me the battery is low, I just swap to the other one, and I don't have many PS4/PS5 games with any kind of local multiplayer that my husband and I would play together (we also have no friends lol).

The move to integrated rechargeable lithiums for everything has been a real mixed bag. On the one hand, it’s great to have batteries included, easily rechargeable with nothing but a small cord and any USB plug. On the other, it means you can’t just change the battery when it loses power and get immediately back into things, and also that portable tech is being marketed as consumable—once the battery is dead, you’re pretty much expected to get a new device.

The move to integrated rechargeable lithiums for everything has been a real mixed bag. On the one hand, it’s great to have batteries included, easily rechargeable with nothing but a small cord and any USB plug. On the other, it means you can’t just change the battery when it loses power and get immediately back into things, and also that portable tech is being marketed as consumable—once the battery is dead, you’re pretty much expected to get a new device.
I’m ok with integrated lithiums as long as they are easily accessible. Wii U pro controller is perfect in that is very easy to access to replace. Switch Pro controller is not quite an easy, but it’s manageable. Dualsense battery replacement is going out of my comfort zone. A few too many things to remove before being able to access the battery.

I do like House of the Dead. Alright, well, is one much better than the other if I do pick one up? Thanks
Also, I saw a video and it said PANTSU PARADISE.
Gal gun 2 isn't on rails like HoTD and you'll be manually choosing where to send yourself to next. A bit weird since all the other galgun games are on rails moving you forward automatically. Double Peace is on rails so I liked it a lot more. There's multiple endings so you'll be replaying it a few times to see everything. 2 is easier to play and get the endings. Double peace is harder since it's moving you on it's own and the endings I needed a guide to get them all. I would say if you want something not hard where you can take your time go with gal gun 2. You want house of the dead with anime girls and is a little harder get Double Peace. Double Peace should also last you a lot longer if you want to see everything you can in it.

Reactions: AoA
I like the Prince of Persia but Grandblue idk for the long amount of development it doesnt feel like it was 1st revealed. I know it's based on a MMO but it doesn't have that MMO vibe which I'm meh on

I miss when I could throw 2 aa rechargeable batteries in controllers. They lasted far longer than the controller batteries do these days.
That's probably my favorite thing about the 8bitdo Pro 2. It comes with a rechargeable battery pack but you can also take that out and use regular AA batteries. I bought some rechargeable AA batteries, and now as soon as one set dies, I can slap in a fully charged pair.

Unfortunately my least favorite thing about the controller is that it's not compatible with Sony systems.

I've been playing Kena: Bridge of Spirits this week. It's a fantastic game visually & gameplay wise. Honestly makes me wish Zelda games returned to the traditional style.
It's on my backlog. I'm very glad Zelda finally switched up the formula after Skyward Sword. That serious desperately needed something new. I love the new direction it's going in. Well, for Botw and Totk anyway. No idea what Nintendo will do with the next Zelda game. I've heard some good things about Kena so look forward to playing it.

I've been playing Kena: Bridge of Spirits this week. It's a fantastic game visually & gameplay wise. Honestly makes me wish Zelda games returned to the traditional style.
Loved the game but some of the boss fights were pains in the butt. Such huge difficulty spikes on some of them. I had to use the PS+ help thing for one of the bosses which I never even look at those.

I always hear such good things about this game. I love Zelda, so maybe I should finally pick it up. I appreciate the direction Nintendo took the series in with BotW and TotK, but I'd love a new, traditional Zelda game in the vein of Ocarina or Wind Waker. In fact, a Wind Waker-style game would be perfect since it had a kind-of open world, but also traditional dungeons. That would work really well in this post-BotW Zelda series.

I'm streaming some YEAH! YOU WANT "THOSE GAMES," RIGHT? SO HERE YOU GO! NOW, LET'S SEE YOU CLEAR THEM! (link), which is a collection of levels based on various basic types of games you'd often see in mobile game ads that weren't really what those games looked like that this collection gives you. It's out now for $9.99 and has been out on PC and Switch since last year.

Edit: Here's the archive. Fun collection of puzzle games, though the cash platformer is probably the worst of the bunch. There's no platinum for whatever reason, though all of the trophies are for beating all of the stages in each game and then getting 3 stars on every stage in each game.

Last edited:
Got this email:

“Thank you for shopping on PlayStation™Store between December 26, 2023 and January 2, 2024.

As a member of both PlayStation Stars™ and PlayStation®Plus, you should have earned PlayStation Stars points for that activity. Unfortunately, due to a system error, you did not receive points.

The error has now been fixed, and your points balance has been corrected.”

I did receive the missing points from that time period. Made a purchase on PS3 today and received points instantly. Surprised me that it actually worked.

Naughty Dog is at this point going to miss this generation entirely because they wasted so much time on remasters and the shelved live service game. Chances are they're going to double-down on TLOU with a third chapter that won't be well-received either. Sad really.
I don't know why it did hit me yet until you made that comment but.. yeah, holy shit, PS5's been out 3 years now and we haven't seen an original release from ND.

Got this email:

“Thank you for shopping on PlayStation™Store between December 26, 2023 and January 2, 2024.

As a member of both PlayStation Stars™ and PlayStation®Plus, you should have earned PlayStation Stars points for that activity. Unfortunately, due to a system error, you did not receive points.

I did receive the missing points from that time period. Made a purchase on PS3 today and received points instantly. Surprised me that it actually worked.

Wait, those points actually do something? I have 682 points for some reason...

I always hear such good things about this game. I love Zelda, so maybe I should finally pick it up. I appreciate the direction Nintendo took the series in with BotW and TotK, but I'd love a new, traditional Zelda game in the vein of Ocarina or Wind Waker. In fact, a Wind Waker-style game would be perfect since it had a kind-of open world, but also traditional dungeons. That would work really well in this post-BotW Zelda series.

I enjoyed Kena but it really isn't much like any Zelda game beyond some superficial similarities in aesthetics. No dungeons, not really any real overworld (it is all connected but each area is rather distinct and only somewhat open) not much in the way of lock & key mechanics, and the combat is basically an attempt at a more friendly version of what the Souls games offer.

I'd still recommend giving it a shot, but if you walk in expecting something much like Zelda you'll just be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Got this email:

I had two purchases not get me points, so I contacted CS and they gave them to me the other day. Then I got points from one of the purchases restored earlier today to get me almost double what I should've gotten.

I enjoyed Kena but it really isn't much like any Zelda game beyond some superficial similarities in aesthetics. No dungeons, not really any real overworld (it is all connected but each area is rather distinct and only somewhat open) not much in the way of lock & key mechanics, and the combat is basically an attempt at a more friendly version of what the Souls games offer.

I'd still recommend giving it a shot, but if you walk in expecting something much like Zelda you'll just be setting yourself up for disappointment.

That’s wild, I’ve been hearing the Zelda comparisons ever since it first came out, which is why I was interested in it. But if none of this stuff is in it how exactly is it like Zelda? Tbh it always gave me Pikmin vibes instead.

Certain areas are like small dungeons with puzzle solving and boss fights at the end of that area. Finding the Rot was similar to finding Korok seeds, finding meditation points similar to heart pieces, unlocking the bow as well as double jump opens up more exploration similar to say the hook shot, combat with regular enemies is somewhat similar to 3d Zelda. It's not a Zelda clone or anything but there are certainly some inspirations and similarities. Boss battles are definitely more dark souls lite though. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and would recommend if you enjoy that type of action/adventure game.

Last edited:
You guys describing Kena makes me want to play Lufia 2 again.
What does Kena have to do with Lufia 2? 😅

For reference I'm currently playing through Dragon Quest (Warrior) 2.

Kena was a good but not great game. It was much harder and darker than you would expect from such a cutesy game. That being said, I really enjoyed Kena and I believe this was Ember Labs first game ever. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel.

I saw someone describe it as similar to God of War (2018) with dark souls bosses and little bits of pikmin/zelda sprinkled in. I would say that's a better way to describe it because I don't really see zelda in it either. Feels more like a Sony third person game.

I finished Kena last month and I would say it have a lot of mixed elements from many different games. I am not a very skilled gamer and thought although some of the boss battle could be challenging it is nowhere challenging or hard as I think people make it to be. Boss battle felt like the old school bosses where you just have to learn the different pattern with each new boss encounter. I thought the optional bosses in God of War and GoW Ragnarök were more difficult and challenging.

I'm enjoying the story of FF16 although it is the least Final Fantasy game I've ever played. I know 15 didn't have much of a story but I really got to fight a lot of monsters on the road.

However, fighting through a European city with bombs exploding stone buildings looking for bad guys to kill really makes me want a remake of Resistance:Fall of Man. Insomniac reamkes TLOU a near infinite amount of times. Just give us one remake of Resistance.

Will wait for it to be free or included in pass, its a SIDE SCROLLER with way too much dialogue, how in 2024 you cant make this game like Assassins Creed, that would have been awesome. pass.
Oh no! Not a...SIDE SCROLLER!

It probably will come to game pass, but it's a good game regardless of the camera perspective. For actual perspective, this is the same dev that did that last two Rayman games AFTER that series had shifted to full 3D, and made the series arguably better for the change (Rayman 2 notwithstanding).

I'm enjoying the story of FF16 although it is the least Final Fantasy game I've ever played. I know 15 didn't have much of a story but I really got to fight a lot of monsters on the road.

However, fighting through a European city with bombs exploding stone buildings looking for bad guys to kill really makes me want a remake of Resistance:Fall of Man. Insomniac reamkes TLOU a near infinite amount of times. Just give us one remake of Resistance.
The last 1/3 of the game is a big disappointment from the rest of the game, tbh. They obviously needed to wrap it up but it feels like it goes off the rails compared to the more grounded rest of the game.

bread's done
Back