Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Same can be said for remasters of games just 3 years old. I can't fathom why people would hand out 10/10's again for a game they already reviewed. Shouldn't the review be of the remaster itself? I think scrolling headlines I only saw one review that actually did that and gave it a 4/10 because it's such an obvious stopgap money-grab. The perfect score reviews all touched on the noticeable upgrades, but lamented the game already looked incredible on PS4 Pro.

FFS GoW got that free update that arguably adds more to the gameplay than this $10 wrapper.

TLOU is not a 10 out of 10 when I don't know a single person in real life that glows about the game. Most aren't even interested. That automatically makes it a 9 or less., in and of itself.

10s are reserved for perfect games, which it is not. Games with universal acclaim which everybody you talk to loves, or wants to play badly. Like BGIII or Zelda TotK. Those are perfect 10 games without question. There's usually only 2 or 3 of them every couple years. Some years don't have any.

Streaming some Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. Enjoying this a lot so far, especially seeing how much the demo gives you to explore this early part of the game compared to where you really start without most of those abilities. It has some great combat, fun platforming abilities, and good accessibilities and difficulty options to make the game fit your skill level.

Last edited:
Reviewers will never turn down the chance to give a LoU thing a perfect score. Game, tv show episode, meaningless upgrade, whatever it is, they’re not going to miss the chance to tell you its unparalleled artistry cures cancer and ends world hunger.

TLOU is not a 10 out of 10 when I don't know a single person in real life that glows about the game. Most aren't even interested. That automatically makes it a 9 or less., in and of itself.

10s are reserved for perfect games, which it is not. Games with universal acclaim which everybody you talk to loves, or wants to play badly. Like BGIII or Zelda TotK. Those are perfect 10 games without question. There's usually only 2 or 3 of them every couple years. Some years don't have any.
My husband played it while I watched every now and then. He said it was a very good story with average gameplay, gave it an 8/10 and said he didn't see a masterpiece. I said it was a rip-off of The Road and Children of Men, but then again, post-apocalyptic stories love to rip those two off. It's like when JRPG stories rip off Final Fantasy X. These are very good stories to rip off lol

They're saying that if you believe any cost-savings will be passed onto the consumer, you're probably gullible enough to buy oceanfront properties in a place where there are no oceans.
Adam Sandler Yes GIF

Games leaving PS Plus Extra/Premium in February
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  • Hue
  • I Am Setsuna
  • Lost Sphear
  • Lost Words: Beyond the Page
  • Oninaki
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Tacoma
  • Tekken 7
  • Thomas Was Alone

Games leaving PS Plus Extra/Premium in February
  • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
  • Hue
  • I Am Setsuna
  • Lost Sphear
  • Lost Words: Beyond the Page
  • Oninaki
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Tacoma
  • Tekken 7
  • Thomas Was Alone
I recommend lost words beyond the page. It's emotional but a very unique game. The only other game on this list I have played is Resident Evil 7. Which games would others here recommend I definitely beat before they leave?

I recommend lost words beyond the page. It's emotional but a very unique game. The only other game on this list I have played is Resident Evil 7. Which games would others here recommend I definitely beat before they leave?
If you like Chrono Trigger, I am Setsuna is a pretty decent homage. I enjoyed my playthrough of it.

I platinumed Oninaki. I enjoyed the real time diablo style combat and the story was dark AF! Funny enough Lost Fear, I Am Setsuna and Oninaki are all made by Tokyo RPG Factory and they all have that lower budget AA RPG feel. In hindsight, the platinum for Oninaki took me a long time that I could have spent playing something else but in the end no regrets.

I remember coming close to buying and wanting to play Ace Combat 7 back on the PS4 due to all the positive reviews.

Lost Words is a great cute little game. Recommend that one.

Resident Evil 7 and Tekken 7 are worth it if you're a fan of their genres.

Hue, Tacoma and Thomas Was Alone are all short little indie games. I'll probably try and beat them before they leave.

How difficult was the platinum?
Not too bad. You need to play through the game twice while getting all of the collectibles (cash) in order to upgrade all of your perks and weapons. First playthrough on easy. Second playthrough with NG+ on hardest difficulty but you get to keep all of your upgrades. Only a couple of the bosses you might have to re-try a couple of times. Definitely not as difficult as Dark Souls or anything. I did my first playthrough blind so that I could enjoy the game and the story.

You also need to kill enemies a certain way like slam enemies 100 times and get 30 kills with all of your electric weapons. Also heard that chapter select might be bugged so best to save that until after you've done your two playthroughs if you still need to mop up. Overall should take about 25 hours I think.

I used this guide for collectibles but there are plenty of others as well:

Last edited:
Is buying PSN cards from places CDKeys, eneba, gameflip, etc. to save a few dollars generally advisable? I used to always buy physical but now having 2 PS5s mean digital is the way to go for gamesharing with another house PS5, so I'm looking for ways if it's possible to save a bit of money topping up my store wallet.

Is buying PSN cards from places CDKeys, eneba, gameflip, etc. to save a few dollars generally advisable? I used to always buy physical but now having 2 PS5s mean digital is the way to go for gamesharing with another house PS5, so I'm looking for ways if it's possible to save a bit of money topping up my store wallet.
I pretty much only buy them when they are on sale at Dollar General or Costco for 20% off.

Sure. In three weeks Ubisoft will chop the price of Prince of Persia in half to 50%. So don't buy it right now.
It seems to me like Ubi is trying to ween people off thinking their games are going to get quick deep discounts. I expected Mirage to be $20-25 for BF but it never went below $30. Avatar has been out 6 weeks and has yet to be 50% off. Just Dance is really the only one but that's just a code in the box/subscription whatever at this point that now starts at $60 instead of $40 like it used to.

Eh, Ubisoft games aren’t worth the plastic they’re printed on. If they want to try to change their image to something more than discount bin fodder, I’m just not buying.

The grey area sites are a risk compared to just getting discounted cards at the drugstore target etcetera or Newegg. I've used eneba and kinguin sp? I used to use pcgamesupply when they had psn cards 30% off once a month occasionally once a week.

It seems to me like Ubi is trying to ween people off thinking their games are going to get quick deep discounts. I expected Mirage to be $20-25 for BF but it never went below $30. Avatar has been out 6 weeks and has yet to be 50% off. Just Dance is really the only one but that's just a code in the box/subscription whatever at this point that now starts at $60 instead of $40 like it used to.
I've noticed this as well. Although Avatar was able to be had for $30 near launch from QVC with coupons, I decided to wait as it didn't appeal to me too much. AC Mirage held strong over black Friday which I did not expect. Just got Prince of Persia from QVC with coupon for $30

I've noticed this as well. Although Avatar was able to be had for $30 near launch from QVC with coupons, I decided to wait as it didn't appeal to me too much. AC Mirage held strong over black Friday which I did not expect. Just got Prince of Persia from QVC with coupon for $30
What’s the workaround if you already used the QVC coupon before. Does it have to be shipped to a different address with a different email or it can be different email with same address?

Different email and different credit card I think.
Yep I made 3 accounts using the same address but different forms of payment (2 CC's and my paypal) and orders went through fine. Orders were made in NOV/DEC and everything got delivered. I saw people having issues with orders getting cancelled for using the same card with a new account.

Ubisoft doesn't need to teach customers anything. They had to learn a hard lesson for themselves.

If what you're saying is true, then it still took them over a decade to stop bleeding and devaluing their own IPs. People think Ubisoft's games are cheap, yes. That is the company's fault. Stop it with the $100 Gold Editions, the day1 paid bonuses, the constant MTXs drowning out even regular single-player games, and the $20 SE discs that immediately offer an introduction to the next toll gates.

Their properties are worthless. After a dozen years of showing us that, nobody spends money on them anymore. I honestly don't know how they even made it to 2024.

TLOU is not a 10 out of 10 when I don't know a single person in real life that glows about the game. Most aren't even interested.
I was introduced to TLOU until I went into GameStop one day looking for a PS3 game and I ran into an old classmate and he talked the game up. I skipped on the game I went in for and picked up TLOU. I really liked it. Easily in my top 20 of all time. I know quite of bit of people who love & have talked about the game in depth. The show brought back convo's comparing the two. It's not for everyone though. I know people that just don't like it.

I was introduced to TLOU until I went into GameStop one day looking for a PS3 game and I ran into an old classmate and he talked the game up. I skipped on the game I went in for and picked up TLOU. I really liked it. Easily in my top 20 of all time. I know quite of bit of people who love & have talked about the game in depth. The show brought back convo's comparing the two. It's not for everyone though. I know people that just don't like it.
i played and beat the game one once when it came out and i still think about the game to this day. thats how good i think it was

i played and beat the game one once when it came out and i still think about the game to this day. thats how good i think it was
I beat it twice and feel the same way. My wife is a non gamer & absolutely loved the show. She didn't even know it was based off of a game or had a sequel. When I filled her in, she kept trying to get me to tell her what was going to happen next. Lol! She has never had interest in watching me play videogames, but pleaded with me to play TLOU 2 again so she can watch. She pop's her head in the mancave occasionally and asks if I'm going to play it. I'll circle back before the show returns, but the backlog rules all right now. :LOL:

You're a fake gamer shill if you like The Last of Us. No real gamers have ever enjoyed that game.
Since we subbed to Max for a month to see the new True Detective season (it has potential to be up there with the first season so far, but won't surpass it IMO) we checked out the first episode for the TLOU. Stripping away the gameplay just proves that the story carried extremely hard. The show has been just as excellent as our first introduction because of how well it was crafted story wise. That said, I think some of the casting choices were pretty ham-fisted from the usual HBO/TV actors, but doesn't detract from the show even if Ellie is pretty jarring (it would have been hilarious had they got Ellen Page from way back before. . .well you know).

Will finish out the season, and the next time we sub for whatever reason after season 2 is complete: watch it as well. I'd 10/10 rather enjoy the Last of Us this way than bumble through the game's janky stealth mechanics again.

I haven't played the newest Final Fantasy myself or FFXIV/XI (just not into MMORPGs anymore) and didn't finish FFXII (just got burnt out), FFXIII (still pending for me playing), and FFXV (just got bored). My favorite is 6 followed by 9 and then 7. I will get flak but I rate FF8 higher than FF12. I also rate 5 higher than 4. I'm still working on the FF7 remake, but for now it would rate under 4.

6, 9, 7, 10, 5, 4, 8, 12, 3, 15, 1, 2 (just hate this game feels like a bad SAGA game)

Last edited:
I haven't played the newest Final Fantasy myself or FFXIV/XI (just not into MMORPGs anymore) and didn't finish FFXII (just got burnt out), FFXIII (still pending for me playing), and FFXV (just got bored). My favorite is 6 followed by 9 and then 7. I will get flak but I rate FF8 higher than FF12. I also rate 5 higher than 4. I'm still working on the FF7 remake, but for now it would rate under 4.

6, 9, 7, 10, 5, 4, 8, 12, 3, 15, 1, 2 (just hate this game feels like a bad SAGA game)

I still need to play numerous of these - but for me:
- FF6, FF7 original, FF9, FF5, FF8, FF15 PC (unfinished) and FF1.

Still got backlogged - FF10, 10-2, 13, 13-2, LR, 15, FF3 3D, FF4 3D, FF4 TAF, Type 0.

EDIT - I loved FF7 Remake Intergrade, BTW; recently finished that one. Not sure where I'd place it, but it was great; might be easier, once they're done Remaking FF7 in full.

Well prepare for hate from FF6 lovers *punches fist in hand*
Suplexes a train is the proper response for a ff6 fan.

As for me
Ffx-2 vanilla ps2
Ff13-3 ps3
Ff4 snes
Ffx vanilla ps2
Ff8 ps1
Ff7 via psn on ps3
Ff6 snes liked the first half dislike the second half.
Ff9 ps1
Ff13-2 demo Xbox360
Ff13 xbox360
Ff1 nes
Ff4psp it was OK up till the final boss. I couldn't beat it at the level I was (around 44) and wasn't remotely interested in grinding 20+ levels to hit the recommended.
Ff15 ps4 I actually somewhat enjoyed it during the open world portions. But the gameplay was a bit clunky especially the air battles against the birds hunt. That was so dumb you could leave the radius for the mission accidentally while in air and have to restart.
Ff12 vanilla ps2 I like the lore book and hunts but everything else was mediocre. And it was such a slog due to high hp and low dps.
Ff13-2 xbox360 (quit halfway because the demo is far better than the actual game with spawn and drop rates)

Last edited:
bread's done
Back