Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I just wonder if people's favorite FF is the one they started with.

To Zanarkard is the best FF song. If anyone likes FF at all, I recommended seeing the orchestral concert if it comes around near you. Mine was a celebration of FF6 but played a lot of other stuff. Nobuo Uematsu even conducted. He had us sing the "Sephiroth" part of One Winged Angel and the guy next to me sang ALL the words was the Pavarotti. Also a girl came dressed as Fran from FF12.

And now for a likely controversial opinion, 15 is a better FF experience and game overall than 16.

Define “started with.” The first FF game I played a lot of was V (which is a really good one, I’d say). The first one I ever tried was VII, or at least a demo of VII, which came bundled with my PS1–I had no idea what an RPG even was back then, my only experience being Pokemon, so I legitimately thought the game was going to just be going from reactor to reactor blowing them up,

But the first game in the series I played that wasn’t a demo was indeed my favorite, VIII. I rented it after my friend started raving about the demo, curious what the big deal was after having played the FFVII demo and not really engaging strongly with it. It was actually my first real experience with an RPG with a strong plot in general, and it hooked me so strongly that my parents returned it to Blockbuster after only two days out of a five day rental—I was playing it so much they got worried I would turn into one of those crazy shooter kids Lieberman warned us about. Have I dated this story enough?

I just wonder if people's favorite FF is the one they started with.

And now for a likely controversial opinion, 15 is a better FF experience and game overall than 16.
My first Final Fantasy game was actually Tactics Advance lol love that freaking game. But the first mainline one I played was X, followed by pretty much all the others, with the ones on PS1 coming first. X was my favorite for a while and though I think IX trumps it, X is more replayable for me.

And yes, XV is overall better than XVI. XVI may have a more coherent story, but XV is just more fun to play, and though it (arguable) also sort of falls apart at the end, its finale hits much harder than XVI's did. Also, I connected with the characters in XV a lot more than in XVI.

I started with FFI. Only tried it because I got the strategy guide from Nintendo Power. My favorite is FFX. Last one I tried was FFXII. That one didn’t click with me and I stopped playing the series.

Ffx and tales of my symphonia were my entry points into those series after I saw the magazine stuff for them. Then worked my way backwards and forward. It's funny too since their plots very much mirror each other with their chosen ones being girls while the guys just tag along.

The magic of original NES Final Fantasy is what got me into jrpgs, and started it all. It was dungeons and dragons in video game format! We didn't have a computer. But my dad let the NES do the babysitting. Dragon Quest 1 was boring after you got out of the first few towns. But FF had all kinds of NPCs/quests, with their lore, exploration, and hidden items which that made it feel magical.

I remember the orignal NES FF1 being one of the hardest RPG's I've ever played at the time. Simply due to a combination of the magic system being the old school D&D single point cast & ethers weren't a thing so had no way to recoup points inside a dungeon. Also the only healing item was regular potion/heal which healed you what 30hp & you could only carry what was it 50 or 99 of them (my memory is hazy). All I remember for sure is that made that last dungeon a freaking nightmare, especially since had to fight all 4 fiends on your way down but if you rewalked over the titles were you encounter you'd have to fight them again. If it wasn't for the being able to use the healing staff & healing helms as item spell casts in battle, I would never had gotten through it.😂

The only FF games I've gotten around to finishing are FFVII original, FFXV and possibly the originals on NES/SNES.

Speaking of old games, I've reaaally been into Dragon Quest lately. I just recently played through DQ 1+2 and both Dragon Quest Heroes games. I'm planning to play through the whole series and then possibly DQ Builders at some point. Really looking forward to DQ3 HD remake and DQ 12 possibly showing at the Nintendo Direct.

I also just watched the movie Dragon Quest Your Story. It reminded me a lot of The Super Mario Bros. Movie. Very family friendly with a lot of throw backs. FF tends to be more mature. I just watched Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete but Kingsglaive is still the creme de la creme.

Anyone play Suicide Squad yet? Had it pre ordered digitally for a while but will most likely cancel unless it is amazing which I don't think it is lol

Anyone play Suicide Squad yet? Had it pre ordered digitally for a while but will most likely cancel unless it is amazing which I don't think it is lol
Review codes didn't go out, EA was taken down for an auto-completion bug, and there has been nothing but negative feedback so far. You do the math.

Review codes didn't go out, EA was taken down for an auto-completion bug, and there has been nothing but negative feedback so far. You do the math.
Math was done a bit ago, but I was holding out for more positivity. Guess that ship sailed and I will be waiting for a deep sale haha

Everything I've seen has been bad. It will probably go on sale pretty quickly, and maybe on Plus soon after that. The latest negative from IGN:

It looks like Suicide Squad is going to clock in around 9-10 hours based on my capture time. Probably a little shorter if you don't do some boss fights with under-leveled characters.​

Yea i just cancelled the order I had made. Rather it go towards something worthwhile. Plus Helldivers next week which is gonna fuck
My husband has it pre-ordered on PC. He went from not even having it on his radar to walking into our bedroom last Sunday morning to wake me up and tell me he wanted it lol the latest trailer got him super-hyped. He's the biggest Starship Troopers fan, too, so this is all pretty expected lol

Helldivers looks really good. I was hoping it would have couch co-op. We just beat Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, so I was looking for something else for us to play together.

I'm getting Helldivers 2 as well if anyone wants to do a squad. I'm getting it from target (b2g1 deal awhile back) so probably won't have it on launch day unfortunately.

My husband
5e1b7a75-0e8a-40c5-a06f-14746b6cc06b_text.gif

f325fa63-3cca-40d0-bb24-7ee40a0d60c9_text.gif

3d58aa56-c5e5-4227-8831-1749b39551d1_text.gif

Highlights from the State of Play:

Helldivers 2 - PS5/PC - 2/8
Stellar Blade - PS5 - 4/26
Sonic X Shadow Generations - PS5/PS4 - Autumn 2024
Zenless Zone Zero - PS5
Foamstars - PS5/PS4 - 2/6
Dave the Diver - PS5/PS4 - April - Godzilla Crossover in May
V Rising - PS5 - 2024
Silent Hill: The Short Message - PS5 - Out Now
Silent Hill 2 - PS5
Judas - PS5
Metro Awakening - PSVR2 - 2024
Legendary Tales - PSVR2 - 2/8
Dragon's Dogma 2 - PS5 - 3/22
Rise of the Ronin - PS5 - 3/22
Until Dawn - PS5/PC - 2024
Death Stranding 2 On The Beach - PS5 - 2025
Physint - Kojima's next PlayStation title in the action espionage genre

Decent enough State of Play. Only likely buys early on are that Ronin game (looks a little weird and maybe a little over the top in action for a Samurai game) and Stellar Blade (looks kind of fun plus boobs). Samurai games are rare enough, so I'll play most of them. Silent Hill look alright too although I haven't been into horror games for many years now. The rest eh they're games. Good looking but not really my type of games.

Last edited:
Critics' Choice Sale (ends 2/15 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

Games Under $15 Sale (ends 2/15 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

Remnant II Deluxe Edition 40% off ($35.99) Deal of the Week (ends 2/8 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

I honestly can't tell if I should try Death Stranding or not... seems like a lot of people like it but it just looks so boring to me. But I am excited to see Physint. Also can't tell if I'm just getting to be too old & cranky, or if the reveals from the State of Play weren't great.

PS Plus Essential for February
  • Foamstars (PS4, PS5)
  • Rollerdrome (PS4, PS5)
  • Steelrising (PS5)
There will also be a Ratchet and Clank Fall Guys pack for PS Plus members and a Spider-Man 2 Game Trial for Premium/Deluxe members.

Are any of these games actually good/worth downloading?

The next State of Play, FFVII Rebirth, should definitely be the one for you.

I thought this State of Play was great, especially Death Stranding 2. I did not play Death Stranding until 2022 and was surprised that I actually liked it. The concept of the game hits pretty hard especially after the Covid pandemic. If you do play it, prepare for a lot of weird stuff.

Last edited:
Streaming some Brotato if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. Fun Vampire Survivors clone that takes it in a different direction with bespoke waves and a lot of different weapons and items to purchase, which gives it some Binding of Isaac vibes.

Last edited:
Liked the guy they got to present the SoP and the Silent Hill 2 remaster, but that was about it. I do wish disclosure was enforced when a title is multi-platform, because I'm oh so tired of having to look it up. Like how Silent HIll 2 was said to be "in developement for PS5" and yet is coming to PC as well. Desperate much, Sony?

Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Bundle $59.99
If you have any inkling to pick any these games up, I highly recommend it & grabbing this bundle. They did a wonderful job in these pixel remasters imo and I've had a blast with them. I'm not big on digital only purchases on PSN unless it's dirt cheap but it was money well spent grabbing these.

bread's done
Back