Playstation Move Accessories 50% off @ Gamestop.com

Stopped by trusty pawn shop this afternoon and they had 3 wands and camera bundles. 2 were listed at $69.99 and one just had the wand priced at $29.99. I asked the person behind the counter how much for the loose camera and she grabbed the lone wand and said $29.99 for both. In order to keep my good karma going at this store I told her that I thought she was wrong as the other two were $69.99. She then said $19.99 for the camera. I didn't buy it because i thought i might find it cheaper at another shop. Nope. I think I'll go back tomorrow, gonna have to get one anyway.

[quote name='willc23']Same here, as for BB. Wand, Nav Controller and Sharp Shooter with a twist. Had to call GS, and they wouldn't give prices over the phone. Manager was called over and he says that he follows Joystiq and that Joystiq said it was online only. I responded by saying that I follow CHEAP ASS GAMER and that everyone there is saying that it is in store too. The mere mention made his bowels shake and he ceded to my demands. IATCG please don't castigate me for using the CAG name in a store.

Now to find a cheap PS Eye camera. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I have some BB GC, how do I go about them matching it? Print out the Joystiq article and GameStop ad?
Might try it tomorrow

[quote name='ssjmichael']I haven't read anything that indicates that it would work but the nav only has an x and circle button (and an L1/R2 button) so that kind of limits the amount of games it'd work with anyway. I'll certainly try it out when I get mine though[/QUOTE]

what are you doing with the other hand ?

Somewhat tempted by the Sony pistol after trying the Sharpshooter, but the main thing holding me back is the lack of digital trigger input. The Sharpshooter has that sweet usb dock, while the pistol relies on an ancient mechanical design.

[quote name='CaoPi']I'm tempted to put a red dot if I pick one up, looks pretty legit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqRqYgxqG5w&feature=relmfu[/QUOTE]
Does it actually work well? There is not much of "aiming" with the sharpshooter since the eye camera is simply tracking the illuminated ball on the move controller. The sharpshooter could be pointing at an angle and still "aim" correctly on the screen, as long as the move is being tracked.

Yeah, the red dot attachment sounds very cool but I'm just not sure if it actually improves aiming at all.

[quote name='eau']
Yeah, the red dot attachment sounds very cool but I'm just not sure if it actually improves aiming at all.[/QUOTE]

I think everyone does this solely for looks. A sight on this type of gun doesn't add any actual functionality that I can see.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Good advice. I didn't even realize the 7.49 gun was made by Sony. I'm looking forward to hearing your comparisons of the guns.[/QUOTE]

Here are my thoughts since I finally had time to use both back-to-back for awhile:

Precision Shot 3:

- Looks nicer than Sony version
- Quicker & easier to mount/secure PS Move (not really a big deal)
- Optional Nav mount

Sony gun attachment:

- Feels somewhat less flimsy (not really a big deal)
- Trigger requires less force to pull (noticeable but not a deal breaker)
- Less expensive ($7.49 vs $16)

PSMovegunattachments.jpg

They both feel good in my hand. I'm going to keep both so I can switch back & forth whenever I get bored of using one, LOL! Overall, I'd pick the Precision Shot 3 due to the included detachable Nav mount for use on games such as Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Socom 4 & GoldenEye Reloaded.

[quote name='lukewin']I have 2 of the shooting attachments, so here's my 2 cents. I've been playing Dead Space Extraction with it and the Nav. I prefer it a lot to just holding the Move or using the Sharpshooter. The Sharpshooter gets heavy and having to have my left hand in front of my right makes it even heavier over time. I can play with the Nav in my left hand, resting on a chair or bed. It seems like it's a lot easier to get accurate shots with the shooting attachment, as opposed to just the Move, just because holding the shooting attachment feels more natural than just holding the Move to point and shoot. Same reason I preferred using my Perfect Shots on the Wii, instead of just holding the Wiimote. Only problem is with games that you have to push the buttons on the Move, luckily one of the L buttons on the Nav does the same thing as the Move button on the Move for Dead Space Extraction.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree! It feels more natural in games that require point & shoot.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Well outside of the squeaky trigger there's the flimsy front grip, which also holds the nav controller. It houses the nav controller straight up, which is extremely awkward. I've never seen anybody use a nav controller with it pointed straight up..lol. Glad you are enjoying it, however.[/QUOTE]

Using the nav controller in the mount, I have no issues with it. To each their own.

[quote name='Zippon']Somewhat tempted by the Sony pistol after trying the Sharpshooter, but the main thing holding me back is the lack of digital trigger input. The Sharpshooter has that sweet usb dock, while the pistol relies on an ancient mechanical design.[/QUOTE]

The size does really matter in certain games such as, "The Shoot" or "PS Heroes" since you gotta toss the Move around & it's much easier with the gun/pistol attachment. Also, for less than $8, it's hard to beat! Although, I am curious about the Madcatz version since it's basically the same price.

Thanks a bunch for the detailed comparison, NF!

Is it wrong that I think the Precision Shot 3 looks so cool? LOL
Sony's gun looks like something a clown would pull on you.

I just printed out the GS ad and brought everything to the customer service desk. Had my phone queued up as well. Had some concerns that they wouldn't match a percentage off offer, but they ultimately did. Good luck.

so currently the only free shipping code is VSHIP, no wonder this wouldn't work, this is only on used orders over 25

Tried to buy The fight from the website but for some reason my purchase isn't completing. Anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='Zippon']Thanks a bunch for the detailed comparison, NF!

Is it wrong that I think the Precision Shot 3 looks so cool? LOL
Sony's gun looks like something a clown would pull on you.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! And yes, the Precision Shot 3 looks way better than the Sony version. If you don't care about the way it looks & having an optional Nav mount then it's just personal preference (they both felt good in my hand) although the Sony's less than half the price of the PS3.

Was trying to buy Start the Party and a Move Controller at a Gamestop in Tukwila, WA. Near the end of the transaction, employee tells me that my power up car is expired and that they cannot give me the 50 percent discount. I explained that a power up pro membership is not needed. The manager then said that technically I do need it, but then I don't need it and that It's a good reason to get the membership. By then I knew that they were just purposely lying to me so that I would renew my membership. I then proceeded to tell them to open up the damn website and they backed off and said that they will "let it slide"...bunch of lying morons. Later in the day I decided i wanted another move controller so I went to best buy and told them about the deal at gamestop and they gladly price matched it.

[quote name='CaoPi']so currently the only free shipping code is VSHIP, no wonder this wouldn't work, this is only on used orders over 25[/QUOTE]

Ah was wondering why I couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried on Monday.

[quote name='CaoPi']so currently the only free shipping code is VSHIP, no wonder this wouldn't work, this is only on used orders over 25[/QUOTE]

Not true, it's good for orders $25+ regardless of pre-owned or not. I entered that code on my order (all new items) & it worked at the end of the checkout.

[quote name='AdventX']Was trying to buy Start the Party and a Move Controller at a Gamestop in Tukwila, WA. Near the end of the transaction, employee tells me that my power up car is expired and that they cannot give me the 50 percent discount. I explained that a power up pro membership is not needed. The manager then said that technically I do need it, but then I don't need it and that It's a good reason to get the membership. By then I knew that they were just purposely lying to me so that I would renew my membership. I then proceeded to tell them to open up the damn website and they backed off and said that they will "let it slide"...bunch of lying morons. Later in the day I decided i wanted another move controller so I went to best buy and told them about the deal at gamestop and they gladly price matched it.[/QUOTE]
wow lol, they must really be hurting for renewal numbers. I would've gone off on them like crazy. Trying to make it seem like they are doing you a favor...

[quote name='buckythekat']is it worth getting a second move controller for just single player? I remember some games like Sports Champions using two[/QUOTE]

It is worth it just as a back-up if your battery goes dead. I am so glad I had a second one a couple times with Killzone 3 and Resistance 3. I think I'm going to get a second navigation controller and a charger now.

[quote name='AdventX']Was trying to buy Start the Party and a Move Controller at a Gamestop in Tukwila, WA. Near the end of the transaction, employee tells me that my power up car is expired and that they cannot give me the 50 percent discount. I explained that a power up pro membership is not needed. The manager then said that technically I do need it, but then I don't need it and that It's a good reason to get the membership. By then I knew that they were just purposely lying to me so that I would renew my membership. I then proceeded to tell them to open up the damn website and they backed off and said that they will "let it slide"...bunch of lying morons. Later in the day I decided i wanted another move controller so I went to best buy and told them about the deal at gamestop and they gladly price matched it.[/QUOTE]

You'll get your fair share of morons @ gamestop and @ best buy. I asked the manager at the gaming department at Best Buy if they would price match gamestops deal and he told me that they would never give me the drastic discount that gamestop was offering. Another associate encouraged me to take all the items that I wanted to customer service and they gladly price matched! Went back to the gaming department to show that manager my receipt and his jaw just dropped. :applause:

I wish they would try and pull that on me, lol. I hardly ever shop there so I would love for them to try and lie to me like that. Anyways, if they tried to pull that I would threaten to call corporate and even the BBB. Lol

Held out for a few days as I really didn't want to give Gamestop any of my money, but finally had to bite... the prices are just too good and with luck Gamestop is taking a loss.

2 moves, 2 navs and a charging station. That should cover every single player and most two player setups.

Oh, and "vship" still works.

I keep seeing it said that the sony official gun is half the cost of the precision shot 3 but I'm not seeing it. Amazon has the sony gun for $20 where the precision shot is only $15.

[quote name='pimpster4183']whats the best game to use the sharpshooter on?[/QUOTE]

Killzone 3 with the sharpshooter is like the best arcade experience I ever had.
It is awesome.

It takes a couple of levels to get used to (you turn with the move, which was odd at first to me).

I'm sure Resistance 3 is great as well but I haven't tried it yet.

What a hassle. First went to Best Buy to see if they would price match. After a four person conference, it was decided that they would match the 9.99 games but not the accessories. I got Move Heroes but they didn't have The Shoot. Not a big deal because there are 4 Gamestops that are less than 6 blocks away from Best Buy.

I hate GS, but I couldn't pass this up. I go to the first GS, grab The Shoot and ask for a motion controller. He says $87. What? I say the game is 10 and the controller is 25. He doesn't have a clue and is getting pissed. I point him to the sign and he storms across the store to see what I am talking about. He's just getting more angry. The phone rings, he answers it, hangs up, and literally threw the phone about 5 feet to the counter. I'm enjoying this because I really, really hate GS. He gets back to the counter, rings it up and says $55. What? Dude 10 + 25 is 35 plus tax. All he has is a used controller that costs 42. Why would I pay 42 for used when new is 25. I say I'll just take the game. Now he throws the motion controller about 5 feet to the other counter. What fun. I go across the street to another GS and ask for a new motion controller that is half off. They don't know what I'm talking about, even though they also had a sign right at the door you walk in, but they were nice about it. Had 1 left, they were surprised it rang up at 25, and I was finally done for the day.

Took me 3 stores, an employee conference, one PM, a couple things thrown around a store, but I got my two games and controller for 45 plus tax. I almost feel like going back to the first GS to see if I can get them to throw more around.

It's amazing how many GS employees have no idea about this sale despite the big ass sign hanging next to them.

I didn't get hassled but when I asked for 2 move controllers, 1 nav and a sharpshooter the guy's jaw dropped when it rang up at 50% off. He was like "Wow! That's a good deal!".

He then asked if I was sure I didn't want a used controller lol.

Nice enough guy though.

[quote name='garath']I keep seeing it said that the sony official gun is half the cost of the precision shot 3 but I'm not seeing it. Amazon has the sony gun for $20 where the precision shot is only $15.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you're joking.....

[quote name='garath']I keep seeing it said that the sony official gun is half the cost of the precision shot 3 but I'm not seeing it. Amazon has the sony gun for $20 where the precision shot is only $15.[/QUOTE]

All of the accessories made by Sony that are 50% off is at Gamestop & no where else. Some peeps are getting Best Buy to price match. The only time I was referring to Amazon was when I was talking about the Precision Shot 3 being $15 there.

Isn't that one of those Chinese sites that sells cheap tablets and other such knockoff things? I highly doubt those are legit from Sony despite the branding, especially considering the price

[quote name='hollowfreak']I saw this over at FocalPrice.com and thought some of you may be interested, it's basically the PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment but it's only $4.32 with free shipping. I might order one, any reason to get two other than multiplayer?

http://www.focalprice.com/detail_GC329X.html[/QUOTE]
NICE FIND, BUT HOW RELIABLE IS THIS WEB SITE
Is anybody deald with them before ?
How faster they shipp and where the products come from ?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Isn't that one of those Chinese sites that sells cheap tablets and other such knockoff things? I highly doubt those are legit from Sony despite the branding, especially considering the price[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads-up. I hadn't ordered one yet but I was about to.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']All of the accessories made by Sony that are 50% off is at Gamestop & no where else. Some peeps are getting Best Buy to price match. The only time I was referring to Amazon was when I was talking about the Precision Shot 3 being $15 there.[/QUOTE]

Don't mind me. Lost my head for a moment there. I'd like to blame it on the Gamestop website - their move page with the discounts only showed the red samurai gun. But the truth is I overlooked that in the OP.

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/playstation-move?loc=move_row5_col2

Now that I'm done embarrassing myself, I'm off to go buy one.

Thanks guys :)

[quote name='hollowfreak']I saw this over at FocalPrice.com and thought some of you may be interested, it's basically the PlayStation Move Shooting Attachment but it's only $4.32 with free shipping. I might order one, any reason to get two other than multiplayer?

http://www.focalprice.com/detail_GC329X.html[/QUOTE]

That site's legit although not sure if that's an authentic Sony product due to the price. I've ordered from them in the past. I think it took 2-3 weeks since it came from China.

[quote name='garath']Don't mind me. Lost my head for a moment there. I'd like to blame it on the Gamestop website - their move page with the discounts only showed the red samurai gun. But the truth is I overlooked that in the OP.

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/playstation-move?loc=move_row5_col2

Now that I'm done embarrassing myself, I'm off to go buy one.

Thanks guys :)[/QUOTE]

It's all good! We've all done something similar to that in the past, LOL!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Isn't that one of those Chinese sites that sells cheap tablets and other such knockoff things? I highly doubt those are legit from Sony despite the branding, especially considering the price[/QUOTE]

Yes it is, that's why I said it was "basically" the PSMove Shooting Attachment. Kinda figured everyone knew about FocalPrice, DealExtreme, etc. I wasn't trying to mislead anyone.

[quote name='ivos']NICE FIND, BUT HOW RELIABLE IS THIS WEB SITE
Is anybody deald with them before ?
How faster they shipp and where the products come from ?[/QUOTE]

I've made many purchases from them, most for small accessories, like this, and repair parts. Everything ships from China, so it can take awhile, like Nucking Futs! said 2 - 3 weeks or so, but it's free shipping. I've always used PayPal and haven't had any problems so far with either FocalPrice or DealExtreme, both of which I'd learn about from other cags in threads like this one.

I picked up one Move Controller, a Navigation Controller and the PS3 Move Charging Station Thursday afternoon. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Brother Daz']I decided to just pick up the shooter attachment today. I'm hoping it'll make the Shoot easier to play.[/QUOTE]

For games that require point & shoot, a shooting attachment makes it much easier & more fun to play!

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']For games that require point & shoot, a shooting attachment makes it much easier & more fun to play![/QUOTE]

I plan on getting Dead Space: Extraction, RE5, and Time Crisis Razing Storm soon. For those who have played them, is it better to get the shooting attachment, or the sharpshooter (or both)?

[quote name='SynGamer']Are any of these rates happening in-store?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I went to a store and the move controller rangup as half off.

[quote name='KaitouDark']Yes, I went to a store and the move controller rangup as half off.[/QUOTE]

I would call ahead. I called the store near me and they said it was an online only sale and wasn't in the store.

bread's done
Back