Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='retail sucks']You can probably find both those in the bargain bin for $5-$10 each and man I just hate the "Greatest Hit" red cases, yuk. But for anyone who hasn't played them I highly recommend it. I finished both in hard mode and I'll definitely will be picking up Resistance 3 sometime shortly after release.[/QUOTE]
I'd love to know what store is selling these for $5-$10 'cause they currently retail for $20-$25 each and I haven't found them any cheaper than that (plus, the bundle comes with the DLC, doesn't it?). The only store around here that has a bargain bin is Toys R Us and it has been full of the same Wii and DS games for months.

I prefer the red cases, so that's not really an issue for me. I just want to get the games super cheap and preferably new. I would also prefer to have the games separate, but the bundle is currently a better deal. Not that I'll be buying anything right now, though...I've already got a massive backlog and I need to save up for my son's birthday as well as a vacation.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I'd love to know what store is selling these for $5-$10 'cause they currently retail for $20-$25 each and I haven't found them any cheaper than that (plus, the bundle comes with the DLC, doesn't it?). The only store around here that has a bargain bin is Toys R Us and it has been full of the same Wii and DS games for months.

I prefer the red cases, so that's not really an issue for me. I just want to get the games super cheap and preferably new. I would also prefer to have the games separate, but the bundle is currently a better deal. Not that I'll be buying anything right now, though...I've already got a massive backlog and I need to save up for my son's birthday as well as a vacation.[/QUOTE]

Target and such... However if you get one of the gamer magazines you can get the dual pack for 30. That comes to 15 each without any extra work + the DLC voucher. However I've never seen a copy under 20... they sell out too fast here/too dated. You can scan either at BB and get 20 (last I tried).

As far as Resistance dual pack being a prize... Moving past its M it's not exactly new. Why is that important? Because if they were going to give it, why not give it now? Ape Escape limits people and is newer than Resistance. Most likely the next will be ICO as I said last month... but it can be the combo pack. I bought it >< so im pulling its not free.

As far as NCAA... Most likely they got it from EA to generate from hype. There is a big difference between giving away 1 game via twitter and giving away 6,000 copies to people generating hype for a game. These are reserved for Sony published games only and it would cost them too much to get the rights to another game.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I'd love to know what store is selling these for $5-$10 'cause they currently retail for $20-$25 each and I haven't found them any cheaper than that (plus, the bundle comes with the DLC, doesn't it?). The only store around here that has a bargain bin is Toys R Us and it has been full of the same Wii and DS games for months.

I prefer the red cases, so that's not really an issue for me. I just want to get the games super cheap and preferably new. I would also prefer to have the games separate, but the bundle is currently a better deal. Not that I'll be buying anything right now, though...I've already got a massive backlog and I need to save up for my son's birthday as well as a vacation.[/QUOTE]

I got 1 & 2 for $21 shipped from the gohastings 40% deal.

[quote name='admiralvic']Target and such... However if you get one of the gamer magazines you can get the dual pack for 30. That comes to 15 each without any extra work + the DLC voucher. However I've never seen a copy under 20... they sell out too fast here/too dated. You can scan either at BB and get 20 (last I tried).

As far as Resistance dual pack being a prize... Moving past its M it's not exactly new. Why is that important? Because if they were going to give it, why not give it now? Ape Escape limits people and is newer than Resistance. Most likely the next will be ICO as I said last month... but it can be the combo pack. I bought it >< so im pulling its not free.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, I'm not expecting to get the bundle through House Party; it would just be nice for me because I don't have it. Heh. Admittedly, the Team Ico bundle would be a better prize because I already know those games are great, so hopefully you're right.

I'll have to keep an eye out at Target for the games, but when I was there the other night, they only had the first game for $20.

[quote name='cruzadel']I got 1 & 2 for $21 shipped from the gohastings 40% deal.[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming they're used because R1 new is $28 on their site and R2 is $80. I've had too many bad experiences with used games, so I only buy used if I absolutely have to (out of print or rare) or if it's a ridiculously good deal ($5 each or less).

I don't know about you, but my "Comment on a sponsored post" points aren't showing up. I know where you have to go to make a comment, but it's currently stuck at 960. I haven't had a problem like until now. I really think it's the new site. Anyone else having the same problem?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I don't know about you, but my "Comment on a sponsored post" points aren't showing up. I know where you have to go to make a comment, but it's currently stuck at 960. I haven't had a problem like until now. I really think it's the new site. Anyone else having the same problem?[/QUOTE]

Did the same thing with me, only my last 30 for creating a post wouldn't register. I ended up posting one more time and it finally went through.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Did the same thing with me, only my last 30 for creating a post wouldn't register. I ended up posting one more time and it finally went through.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to look into it. I always strive for 990 even though we only needed 445 for this month...

Have all of my points! So ready for next week!

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah! So they're taking a week off until August 8?

Gives me a lot of hope that the prize might be Ico/SotC Collection, since if it's a 5 week program the game is set to come out only a couple weeks after it ends (according to Amazon, other places seem to have a "confirmed" release date in December.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Woah! So they're taking a week off until August 8?

Gives me a lot of hope that the prize might be Ico/SotC Collection, since if it's a 5 week program the game is set to come out only a couple weeks after it ends (according to Amazon, other places seem to have a "confirmed" release date in December.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it is Resistance 3? Though I wouldn't mind an Ico/SotC collection! Either of the 2 would be awesome prizes.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is most likely going to be the October prize. That type of game fits the program mantra really well. Since I own all of the Ratchet's, it will be an awesome prize for me :whistle2:D

[quote name='Zmonkay']Woah! So they're taking a week off until August 8?

Gives me a lot of hope that the prize might be Ico/SotC Collection, since if it's a 5 week program the game is set to come out only a couple weeks after it ends (according to Amazon, other places seem to have a "confirmed" release date in December.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it will be a 5 week program, most likely another 3 week.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Ratchet and Clank All 4 One and Ico/SOTC Collection are both fine prizes and I would love either, hopefully both! :D[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way man. I never played any of the Ratchet games, but I wouldn't mind starting with this one. I never got around to finishing Ico back in the day. I throughly enjoyed what I played.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I feel the same way man. I never played any of the Ratchet games, but I wouldn't mind starting with this one. I never got around to finishing Ico back in the day. I throughly enjoyed what I played.[/QUOTE]

I've been a big fan of the R&C games. A very fun series to play through. All 4 One may not be the best place to start because of story reasons, but just for some mindless fun then All 4 One should be a great starting point.

As for Ico/SOTC, Ico was a really nice game to play through, as was SOTC. Both are well worth the time to put in to them.

Ratchet and Clank All 4 One doesn't come out till Mid-October though. I have no doubt it'll be a reward at some point because it fits the program so perfectly, but I doubt it for this month (possibly next month).

Sadly Resistance 3 is rated M so that won't happen (going on assumed T or lower requirement)

I don't want to sound greedy, but does anyone else think it's a little odd that they would just be sending a poster out in a package to us this month? I haven't been in the program before PS move heroes, and I don't know how they distribute codes (would they include them in the package, or just e-mail them to us?), but a poster seems like a waste of a package to me..

i doubt it'll ever be Ico / SoC. the games is kind of a niche'r side. One of those highly praised games but sales didn't exactly meet with the praise kind of game. I remember game selling ok, but not amazing even though critics loved it a lot.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I've been a big fan of the R&C games. A very fun series to play through. All 4 One may not be the best place to start because of story reasons, but just for some mindless fun then All 4 One should be a great starting point.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. It also wouldn't be the best starting point because the gameplay style is different, so it's not an accurate representation of the series as a whole. I'm still looking forward to it, though. Personally, I think R&C is the best franchise that Sony has.

[quote name='djricekcn']i doubt it'll ever be Ico / SoC. the games is kind of a niche'r side. One of those highly praised games but sales didn't exactly meet with the praise kind of game. I remember game selling ok, but not amazing even though critics loved it a lot.[/QUOTE]

This makes a lot of sense :roll:

Lets not give away a game in a program that is marketing based to get the word out. Obviously lets give out games we expect to sell well to lose cash when we could just give people stuff they wouldn't buy.

[quote name='djricekcn']i doubt it'll ever be Ico / SoC. the games is kind of a niche'r side. One of those highly praised games but sales didn't exactly meet with the praise kind of game. I remember game selling ok, but not amazing even though critics loved it a lot.[/QUOTE]
I don't see what sales have to do with anything. inFAMOUS 2 sold well and this program gave out full retail copies soon after release for instance.

And Ico/SOTC warranted an HD update/compilation so it's done well enough. Why not give some copies out as part of this program to help spread the good feedback? Plus neither reach the M rating.

It's a perfect fit for a prize.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Personally, I think R&C is the best franchise that Sony has.[/QUOTE]
I think it is certainly one of their best franchises out there, that's for sure!

[quote name='admiralvic']This makes a lot of sense :roll:

Lets not give away a game in a program that is marketing based to get the word out. Obviously lets give out games we expect to sell well to lose cash when we could just give people stuff they wouldn't buy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I don't see what sales have to do with anything. inFAMOUS 2 sold well and this program gave out full retail copies soon after release for instance.[/QUOTE]

LOL at that reasoning being demolished in, literally, a minute. :lol:

Well, I was pointing out more towards that it's niche title, not the sales. Also, I'm not giving out facts but merely a personal opinion on why I think it wouldn't be ICO / SotC.

[quote name='djricekcn']Well, I was pointing out more towards that it's niche title, not the sales. Also, I'm not giving out facts but merely a personal opinion on why I think it wouldn't be ICO / SotC.[/QUOTE]

Which is a valid point. MLB, Motorstorm, PS Move Heroes, inFamous 2, Ape Escape...all 'mainstream' type of games that have widespread appeal; which fit in perfectly with the HouseParty image.

SotC...not so much. I'm not going to say it won't be a prize, but it just doesn't seem like a game chosen for this program.

[quote name='SmashMan']Which is a valid point. MLB, Motorstorm, PS Move Heroes, inFamous 2, Ape Escape...all 'mainstream' type of games that have widespread appeal; which fit in perfectly with the HouseParty image.

SotC...not so much. I'm not going to say it won't be a prize, but it just doesn't seem like a game chosen for this program.[/QUOTE]

that's how i wanted to quote it, you just did it better than me. thanks =P

[quote name='djricekcn']that's how i wanted to quote it, you just did it better than me. thanks =P[/QUOTE]

Seriously? How many Sony published titles are overlooked besides network titles? Ape Escape is about as popular as SOTC/ICO is (though I would wager they're higher). It's like anything else though... When you deal with the system publisher naturally ALL the titles are going to be hyped/well known for the users. Thats just common sense!

No matter how you look at it this boil's down to what they offer... The real question is what do they offer if its not ICO? Too early for Ratchet/Clank. Resistance 3 is rated M (and combo pack would make more sense this month to hype 3). Under Seige perhaps... but that's as niche as SOTC/ICO.

In the event you're talking gameplay... well the original program had a rail shooter + kung fu rider which is rather unique. Ape escape is a rail shooter and really I dont see how you can say X or Y doesn't have main stream appeal in this area... A lot of SOTC based puzzles were implemented slightly in other games. Take god of war and some of the titan battles... Unless I dont remember both of them correctly... they did play fairly similar (though SOTC was more puzzle based than action). I will also go on to say MLB is not a mainstreamish gameplay game.

But you also have to keep in mind that Ape Escape is not as niche + it's more family friendly / oriented as well. Meaning, it's more suitable for a general audience. Ico / SotC is more towards a "cult favorite", like Megaman Legends.

The next game might be that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters game that they have been showing on the House Party's PlayStation Central page for over a month. I wouldn't mind it especially if it comes with a Move; since giving a Move would help promote it & might tempt people to get another one. It's a spring/summer sport, it a new game, a Move title, and it would fit with that Palm trees background in that "See You August 8" picture.

[quote name='Wchillinman']The next game might be that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters game that they have been showing on the House Party's PlayStation Central page for over a month. I wouldn't mind it especially if it comes with a Move; since giving a Move would help promote it & might tempt people to get another one. It's a spring/summer sport, it a new game, a Move title, and it would fit with that Palm trees background in that "See You August 8" picture.[/QUOTE]

If that's the game, I'll most likely sell it. I have no interest in golf at the moment..well maybe I would keep it. I riotous definitely sell the move add ons since I already have one.

[quote name='Wchillinman']The next game might be that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters game that they have been showing on the House Party's PlayStation Central page for over a month. I wouldn't mind it especially if it comes with a Move; since giving a Move would help promote it & might tempt people to get another one. It's a spring/summer sport, it a new game, a Move title, and it would fit with that Palm trees background in that "See You August 8" picture.[/QUOTE]

Truthfully I hope it's not. I could use all of the Move accessories, but I don't want a golf game. I'd much rather it be Ico/SOTC, R&C All 4 One, etc.

Are we just thinking Uncharted 3 is not an option at this point? Not for August, but October?

Also, I said this before they announce Ape Escape, I'd love the Tiger Woods game with the Move. It'd make up for the lower prize value this month.

[quote name='Redeema']Also, I said this before they announce Ape Escape, I'd love the Tiger Woods game with the Move. It'd make up for the lower prize value this month.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Unfortunately people keep voting that they have a Move whenever House Party puts that up as a poll. :/

[quote name='Redeema']Are we just thinking Uncharted 3 is not an option at this point? Not for August, but October?[/QUOTE]

It's not that I don't think it's an option at this point, which it is, but it's that I hope it's not the prize. At least not for awhile.

I say this for the same reason I had hoped inFAMOUS 2 wouldn't be a prize. I already have the collector's edition of said game pre-ordered. inFAMOUS 2 and Uncharted 3 both have collector's editions with statues, DLC, and the like. Ico/SOTC Collection and R&C All 4 One don't, so I would hope they are prizes they will hand out.

As much as I would love a free collector's edition of Uncharted 3 the highest value they would give is the base game, meaning I would have to buy the collector's edition regardless.

Better that I would receive a $40-$60 game for free and then pay $100 on another game, then to receive a $60 game for free, pay $40-$60 for another game, and then either buy that $60 game's collector's edition for $100 and sell off the other copy, or haggle with people on outrageous prices for the extras from the collector's edition.

Makes my life a whole lot easier.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']It's not that I don't think it's an option at this point, which it is, but it's that I hope it's not the prize. At least not for awhile.

I say this for the same reason I had hoped inFAMOUS 2 wouldn't be a prize. I already have the collector's edition of said game pre-ordered. inFAMOUS 2 and Uncharted 3 both have collector's editions with statues, DLC, and the like. Ico/SOTC Collection and R&C All 4 One don't, so I would hope they are prizes they will hand out.

As much as I would love a free collector's edition of Uncharted 3 the highest value they would give is the base game, meaning I would have to buy the collector's edition regardless.

Better that I would receive a $40-$60 game for free and then pay $100 on another game, then to receive a $60 game for free, pay $40-$60 for another game, and then either buy that $60 game's collector's edition for $100 and sell off the other copy, or haggle with people on outrageous prices for the extras from the collector's edition.

Makes my life a whole lot easier.[/QUOTE]

I'm a very cheap ass gamer, lol. I don't preorder games anymore because I might receive it through this program, or I'll pick it up for a cheaper price usually used. I have so many games to play through right now that I can wait on the newer titles. For instance, infamous was one of my favorite games when it came out. I knew I would eventually play the second one, and I was pretty excited it was a prize from House Party.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm a very cheap ass gamer, lol. I don't preorder games anymore because I might receive it through this program, or I'll pick it up for a cheaper price usually used. I have so many games to play through right now that I can wait on the newer titles. For instance, infamous was one of my favorite games when it came out. I knew I would eventually play the second one, and I was pretty excited it was a prize from House Party.[/QUOTE]

But like I said they don't give out Collector's Editions through this program, and I want the Collector's Editions of some games. Hence why it makes it easier on me if it's a game that won't get a collector's edition, like the Ico/SOTC Collection.

I HATE buying games used btw. The games/extras aren't in the condition I like to keep them most of the time, it doesn't help the developer/publisher, and overall it just makes me feel "dirty". Just my opinion though.

I'm hoping it's not Uncharted 3 just because I don't want it. R&C would be a much better choice for me. I'd be okay with the Tiger Woods bundle just because it comes with a Move, but I would trade in the game. I don't expect that to be a prize, though, because it's not a Sony game. It's a Sony-exclusive version, yes, but I don't think that means much.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I think it is certainly one of their best franchises out there, that's for sure![/QUOTE]
It's certainly got a special place in my heart. If it were for those games, I wouldn't even own a PS3; I bought one just so I could continue the series.

[quote name='ZombieToast']It's certainly got a special place in my heart. If it were for those games, I wouldn't even own a PS3; I bought one just so I could continue the series.[/QUOTE]

R&C was one of the few series that jumped from PS2 to PS3 and pulled me in. MGS did as well, as did my hopes for a Sly 4(which we're getting one!)

I really do love Insomniac. Fantastic studio! :D

[quote name='Captain Urahara']But like I said they don't give out Collector's Editions through this program, and I want the Collector's Editions of some games. Hence why it makes it easier on me if it's a game that won't get a collector's edition, like the Ico/SOTC Collection.

I HATE buying games used btw. The games/extras aren't in the condition I like to keep them most of the time, it doesn't help the developer/publisher, and overall it just makes me feel "dirty". Just my opinion though.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. I think it's cool that you like the extras and whatnot. My problem with the Collector's Editions is that sometimes you don't get your moneys worth, and they're bound to have a price drop three to four months down the line. Like that Madden 12 edition that's $90...Here's a perfect example at why I like used copies of games. My girlfriend and I really wanted to play Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Donkey Kong Country Returns. Knowing first party Nintendo don't games don't ever drop in price. We waited and waited until we got a deal on them. We picked up the used copies for $26, $28, and $28 respectively. With that money we saved we went to the movies or to dinner instead of paying $150 before tax. That's just my opinion though.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That makes sense. I think it's cool that you like the extras and whatnot. My problem with the Collector's Editions is that sometimes you don't get your moneys worth, and they're bound to have a price drop three to four months down the line. Like that Madden 12 edition that's $90...Here's a perfect example at why I like used copies of games. My girlfriend and I really wanted to play Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and Donkey Kong Country Returns. Knowing first party Nintendo don't games don't ever drop in price. We waited and waited until we got a deal on them. We picked up the used copies for $26, $28, and $28 respectively. With that money we saved we went to the movies or to dinner instead of paying $150 before tax. That's just my opinion though.[/QUOTE]

Eh thats like anything else... you can constantly chase the pivotal better deal. like...

BBV I know had them so a similar price so lets just use the ones listed. They also had a bogo sale so...

DKC + Uncharted 2
Mario 1 + Uncharted 2
Mario 2 + Uncharted 2

Same price, but you get uncharted 2 which traded in for a good sum of cash. However it was within the gamestop + 40% coupon period so you could get at most 50% trade in which was like 25 at the time per game. So you basically spent 7 usd for your games and got the rest back in gamestop credit. Etc Etc you know how it goes on cag...

I will disagree with you on CE's though... you cant assign a value to any one CE and deem it better or worse than another outside of your own opinion. Using straight logic very few CE's have actual value. Most have pointless nick nacks you display to show "yeah im a dork". Though many people would want a Drake figure, Sackboy plush, etc. I would go on to say playing the CE drop game is HIGHLY unenjoyable. The vast majority only drop at one store and some stores are INSANE with price.

I saw a FYE a few weeks ago with a sealed SFIV CE (50), Sol Cal 4 (70), and Halo 3 CE (50) and those were the prices they rang up as XD... I could keep going but basically long story short they drop at random stores at random times and you never know if you're getting the best deal or paying what you want. Either or... everything has a value and for some getting the CE they want now over even a month later for half is worth it.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']It's not that I don't think it's an option at this point, which it is, but it's that I hope it's not the prize. At least not for awhile.

Makes my life a whole lot easier.[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, no one is forcing you to buy those CE's/LE's.

[quote name='Redeema']Just so you know, no one is forcing you to buy those CE's/LE's.[/QUOTE]

He enjoys them so let him enjoy them, lol. This site has allowed me to save a ton of money. I'm always looking for the best deals though. I don't think I would have most of the games that I have now if I had to pay full price for. Some CE's have some valuable things in it like exclusive DLC etc. To each his own, I guess.

[quote name='Redeema']Just so you know, no one is forcing you to buy those CE's/LE's.[/QUOTE]

My OCD disagrees with you.

But seriously I'm talking about CE's/LE's for games I want, not for just any game. I don't buy just any one off the shelf. I've passed on plenty.

I'm merely stating for this one case, where U3 MIGHT be a prize, that I'd rather it not since I'm getting the CE anyway.

[quote name='admiralvic']I will also go on to say MLB is not a mainstreamish gameplay game.[/QUOTE]

Baseball...isn't...mainstream?

:???:

I HAVE to be mis-reading that. Gameplay of baseball is pitch, catch, and hit.

baseball is mainstream...it's one of those games that people who don't play video games buy to play games. kind of like madden. America is baseball, it's wayyyyy mainstream

[quote name='djricekcn']baseball is mainstream...it's one of those games that people who don't play video games buy to play games. kind of like madden. America is baseball, it's wayyyyy mainstream[/QUOTE]

I hate when the program goes down... we all bicker about what the item is and we have the same stupid responses. It cant be X because its not Y or OOO we should get X Y Z title thats not even published by Sony.

As far as Baseball I was speaking in terms of gaming demographic. Looking at MLB the Show 2011 on YGC it had half as many as Alien Breed Impact (which is not even a big deal). I can see your point of view, but mainstream speaks for the majority and I don't believe sports games fall into the majority range.

In the end I guess ill ignore the thread till the 8th... In the end as I asked many times since you got all the answers. What the fuck will the game be oh master of Ico won't happen? I'm sick of repeating myself so yeah... cya on the 8th.

bread's done
Back