Playstation Rewards program is back!

New cag member here. I got into the rewards program, and have been doing the tasks and earning my points. My question is: will my points automatically redeem and have my prizes just shipped to me? I know I have enough points for the ps football, so will I just randomly receive it in the mail after the month ends? Thanks for any help.

[quote name='GarrettKapman']New cag member here. I got into the rewards program, and have been doing the tasks and earning my points. My question is: will my points automatically redeem and have my prizes just shipped to me? I know I have enough points for the ps football, so will I just randomly receive it in the mail after the month ends? Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

Yep, as of now, you don't have to confirm anything. I could see them doing this in the future, but for now, all you do is redeem the points and sit back.

Thanks for the response. One more question: as I go up each tier, do I redeem the prizes from the tier below as well? For example, in this month if I get above 660 points will I receive the ps football, the dlc, and a chance to win a copy of madden 12? Or will I only get the last tier (the opportunity to win one of the 100 copies)? Thanks.

[quote name='GarrettKapman']Thanks for the response. One more question: as I go up each tier, do I redeem the prizes from the tier below as well? For example, in this month if I get above 660 points will I receive the ps football, the dlc, and a chance to win a copy of madden 12? Or will I only get the last tier (the opportunity to win one of the 100 copies)? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you read, you would notice that sometimes they include more than 1 item. IE 330 has the football, but nothing past that mentioned it, but 660/990 both include the DLC.

[quote name='mac101010']Was your copy's UPC slashed? I doubt you can trade it in to Amazon if it is.[/QUOTE]

It's hardly noticeable.

I've traded in games with huge cuts on the UPC to Amazon w/o any issues.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm going to sign up right now. Why not? Lol[/QUOTE]good luck and i hope more people from cag get into these types of things

[quote name='sir-fly']hey house party has a kinect party that we can try to host for[/QUOTE]

Awesome! My Kinect barely has any games.

I[quote name='sir-fly']good luck and i hope more people from cag get into these types of things[/QUOTE]

I know that's right man. I haven't been accepted into any other programs besides the main one...

[quote name='ZombieToast']I haven't had a chance to play the beta yet...is there singleplayer gameplay by any chance? I really don't want to play it online.[/QUOTE]

No, the only two options when you load the game are

Options

But, you can host a game, and if no one joins, it's basically like playing singleplayer. I can't remember right now if you can restrict who can join or not.

[quote name='fullmetal']No, the only two options when you load the game are

Options

But, you can host a game, and if no one joins, it's basically like playing singleplayer. I can't remember right now if you can restrict who can join or not.[/QUOTE]

Yea you filter it to Friends only.

[quote name='hk1200']I got my game. I'm trying to trade my codes for Microsoft points though. Anyone know what the swag includes?[/QUOTE]

I couldn't tell you. I haven't redeemed them yet.

[quote name='hk1200']I got my game. I'm trying to trade my codes for Microsoft points though. Anyone know what the swag includes?[/QUOTE]
It's just the free stuff you got from going to the All 4 One website and signing up or logging in via your PSN account.
It's four avatars(One of Ratchet, one of Clank, one of Nefarious, and one of Qwark) and some items for Home(I think two shirts if I remember right). You'll be lucky if you get 80 points for it considering it was free for quite a while. There was even a thread here on CAG about it.

[quote name='soliunasm']It's just the free stuff you got from going to the All 4 One website and signing up or logging in via your PSN account.
It's four avatars(One of Ratchet, one of Clank, one of Nefarious, and one of Qwark) and some items for Home(I think two shirts if I remember right). You'll be lucky if you get 80 points for it considering it was free for quite a while. There was even a thread here on CAG about it.[/QUOTE]

The free codes are "invalid" for most people... so you might get something minor.

[quote name='CBas92']Yea you filter it to Friends only.[/QUOTE]
Okay, awesome. I would much, much rather play local multiplayer, but at least this option is better than nothing. It might be fun for others, but I really don't enjoy playing games with a bunch of people I don't know, especially when they want to talk to me. It's usually not easy to communicate that I don't have a headset, so people often get pissed at me for not responding and I've been kicked out of a few games because of it.

In other news: I received my game today, so with the help of a couple of HDMI cables and a free gift card, I will be able to pay off my Gears 3 Epic Edition without having spent a single penny out of pocket.

Got my Ratchet and Clank game in the mail today, not too bad of a cut into the plastic. Also I'm guessing the beta codes are working now ^_^

Got my copy of R&C ACIT today. The barcode is barely touched, but the "playstation" part of the url above the barcode is practically scooped out of the damn case.

[quote name='admiralvic']The free codes are "invalid" for most people... so you might get something minor.[/QUOTE]
Well I could redeem the code they sent me that they put under "Swag" which was what I listed and I just redeemed the beta for A4O that they sent me.

Grr. I can get the rest of my points because of a stupid server error on the comments section. Also where is the 3rd poll? Ive never had trouble finding it before.

[quote name='xenozfan2']Also where is the 3rd poll? Ive never had trouble finding it before.[/QUOTE]

You're not missing it; they haven't put it up yet.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Got my copy of R&C ACIT today. The barcode is barely touched, but the "playstation" part of the url above the barcode is practically scooped out of the damn case.[/QUOTE]

Ugh that sucks. The way you worded it made me lol though... sorry :lol:

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Ugh that sucks. The way you worded it made me lol though... sorry :lol:[/QUOTE]
Makes it sound like ice cream.

I understand why Sony did that with the cases, but it makes it look so bad for perfectionist like me. :cry:

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Ugh that sucks. The way you worded it made me lol though... sorry :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='juanawoman']Makes it sound like ice cream.[/QUOTE]

That was how it looked lol. I flipped over the case to assess the damage and it literally looked like someone took some super ice cream scooper and scooped a damn portion of the game case out. Hopefully Amazon won't mind though as I sent it their way.

Has anyone actually played Ratchet and Clank? I've been playing it off and on. It's a ton of fun, and it reminds of those days when I used to play Jak and Daxter on the PS2. Maybe one day I'll go through the other games in the series.

[quote name='xenozfan2']When will the third poll come up?! Today is the last day and no one has gotten those last 18 points.[/QUOTE]

Does it really matter? They're not required to get into the top tier.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Has anyone actually played Ratchet and Clank? I've been playing it off and on. It's a ton of fun, and it reminds of those days when I used to play Jak and Daxter on the PS2. Maybe one day I'll go through the other games in the series.[/QUOTE]

Both ZombieToast and myself are avid fans of the series. ACIT is a great addition to the series. The only reasons I didn't keep it was because I already beat the game many times over, and the case was effed up to Hell and just looked bad.

I highly recommend going back and playing through the series. I'm actually hoping that an HD collection of the older games will be made like every other series is getting nowadays(Sly, MGS, Silent Hill, Ico, etc.)

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Both ZombieToast and myself are avid fans of the series. ACIT is a great addition to the series. The only reasons I didn't keep it was because I already beat the game many times over, and the case was effed up to Hell and just looked bad.

I highly recommend going back and playing through the series. I'm actually hoping that an HD collection of the older games will be made like every other series is getting nowadays(Sly, MGS, Silent Hill, Ico, etc.)[/QUOTE]
You can add me ot the list. I sold mine because I platinumed it 2 days after release. I remember it vividly (not a pun), because I platinumed Tekken 6 the day prior.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Both ZombieToast and myself are avid fans of the series. ACIT is a great addition to the series. The only reasons I didn't keep it was because I already beat the game many times over, and the case was effed up to Hell and just looked bad.

I highly recommend going back and playing through the series. I'm actually hoping that an HD collection of the older games will be made like every other series is getting nowadays(Sly, MGS, Silent Hill, Ico, etc.)[/QUOTE]

That's pretty awesome. I'll definitely look into the other ones once I finish this one. Well maybe sometime down the line. I have too many games to play through now...

im trying to get a estimate of the chances of winning this game. is there a way to see everyone's points? by looking at the votes in the polls, its less than 500. is it possible that the chance are 1 in 5? that is the easiest way to get points, i would imagine that everybody trying to win would vote first.

[quote name='dmm220']im trying to get a estimate of the chances of winning this game. is there a way to see everyone's points? by looking at the votes in the polls, its less than 500. is it possible that the chance are 1 in 5? that is the easiest way to get points, i would imagine that everybody trying to win would vote first.[/QUOTE]

Its impossible to calculate the figure. I don't think I ever saw the polls over 1,000 (1/8th the total) and there are many people just entering for the DLC item. I would assume the odds will be high, but in the end... we could IN THEORY see 3 or less CAGS get one and that will just anger everyone.

Ratchet and Clank HD Remix would be epic. Those were among my top favorite games on ps2. i even bought the size matter psp remix for ps2, altho never played it, i just like to have it to support them insomniac

also i was not interested in houseparty at all this month, they won't kick me if im at 0 points right?

[quote name='Velo214']Ratchet and Clank HD Remix would be epic. Those were among my top favorite games on ps2. i even bought the size matter psp remix for ps2, altho never played it, i just like to have it to support them insomniac

also i was not interested in houseparty at all this month, they won't kick me if im at 0 points right?[/QUOTE]

Insomniac is, hands-down, one of my favorite game companies out there. I love showing my support for them.

They shouldn't kick you if you are at 0 for this month, especially if you've been active the previous month(s) that you have been in the program/party. You can always take a few seconds to answer the polls or post some comments for a few points if you are worried about getting kicked.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You can now enter to host a Zumba 2 party for the Wii. The last week challenges are up as well.[/QUOTE]

I signed up for the Zumba 2 party as I got my mother a Wii awhile back, along with Zumba for it so she will enjoy Zumba 2. Hopefully they accept me.

[quote name='hustletron']I tried searching their terrible website for what the prizes this month are, is it really just a drawing for Madden?[/QUOTE]

And an unknown digital item. Since the swag turned out to be crap last month... expect something bad.

[quote name='hustletron']I tried searching their terrible website for what the prizes this month are, is it really just a drawing for Madden?[/QUOTE]

Yup, it's in the op. Pretty much you have to get 660+ points to even qualify. Then 100 people at random will win a copy of Madden 12.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Yup, it's in the op. Pretty much you have to get 660+ points to even qualify. Then 100 people at random will win a copy of Madden 12.[/QUOTE]madden theme

bread's done
Back