Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='ZombieToast']Yep, 0.6 lbs/.3 kg is the typical weight for a game shipped by itself.[/QUOTE]

The email also says it is the December prize package.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Update on my missing plush: HP said they notified their distributor to send another out to me. CS also said all copies of GT5XL should have shipped by tonight.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! So we should start receiving them by Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

Edit: Just received the tracking email. My package is scheduled for delivery by the 15th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, supposedly I'll get GT5XL on Wednesday. Surprised they didn't ship it together with the January stuff, taht should be coming soon as well.

Heh, now I kinda wish I had gotten enough points for GT5XL (I was like, 30 points away :p).

Anyway, does anybody know when January's prize package will arrive? The email earlier this week said it would ship Wednesday.....but that would mean a ~Saturday arrival date. Do HP/Sony deliver on Saturdays? (Or more so, do they pay the extra money to have it delivered on a Saturday?)

[quote name='DrPixel']Heh, now I kinda wish I had gotten enough points for GT5XL (I was like, 30 points away :p).

Anyway, does anybody know when January's prize package will arrive? The email earlier this week said it would ship Wednesday.....but that would mean a ~Saturday arrival date. Do HP/Sony deliver on Saturdays? (Or more so, do they pay the extra money to have it delivered on a Saturday?)[/QUOTE]

No one knows... (I dont know why people think we know more than what they say...) and Fedex does saturday for free so it could come.

Just got my GT5XL. St. Louis to Chicago in a day? Pretty sweet. Barcode is scratched as usual, but I'm not trading it in so I don't care too much.

Is the DLC content on vouchers or is the content on disc?

Barcode scratched sucks in this case since GT5 XL has a reversible cover that I plan to use.

[quote name='Wario64']Is the DLC content on vouchers or is the content on disc?

Barcode scratched sucks in this case since GT5 XL has a reversible cover that I plan to use.[/QUOTE]

Voucher code.

And after looking at it some more, it appears my scratch is only through the PS3 case's sleeve. The cover insert is perfectly fine. That's not to say that they'll all be like that, but keep hope alive!

[quote name='admiralvic']No one knows... (I dont know why people think we know more than what they say...) and Fedex does saturday for free so it could come.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I wasn't sure because the only answers I saw about FedEx's Saturday delivery thing was from Yahoo Answers. You know how that went. :lol:

[quote name='robodaddyo']Wrong. The whole period goes for twenty-six days, like I said in my earlier post.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='diplo']Where do you see 26 days? It says 19 days left on the pscentral page[/QUOTE]Please, read my post above, again. Thanks. ;)

Got my GT5XL as well today. Barcode is scratched pretty bad, but it doesn't actually go through to the UPC. That annoys the hell out of me. I understand why they do it, but if you're going to do it, either do it all the way or not at all.

I've been trying to play my game for 45 minutes. Please update console, please install game, please update game...
I'm happy my case is hardly even scratched though. They barely broke the clear outer plastic.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I don't have that kind of space... fuck..[/QUOTE]

I don't know that it's 12.

I believe 2.2 GB are required, and they give an option for another 8 if you want to decrease load times. I didn't do the 8, and load times were fine. Maybe I missed another install somewhere.

I always have a hard time finding the Sponsored posts even if I follow the link... I must be looking for the wrong thing :I

I know it's way too early to start speculating, but does anyone else think we'll probably get stuck with the new Tiger Woods game next month?

[quote name='MrPiggles']http://www.houseparty.com/event/psrewards2011/discussion_index/announcements:1And is it just me, or does their site always load incredibly slow?[/QUOTE]
It's not usually too slow. But on the last night of each challenge week, it slows down to a crawl because of the procrastinators rushing in.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I know it's way too early to start speculating, but does anyone else think we'll probably get stuck with the new Tiger Woods game next month?

It's not usually too slow. But on the last night of each challenge week, it slows down to a crawl because of the procrastinators rushing in.[/QUOTE]

Cause that was totally the case last time everyone was certain about it :roll:

Voted on all three polls and only 36 points says there is the possibility for 18 site must have screwed up. Oh well as long as there's two more periods for the max it shouldn't be a problem still annoying though.

[quote name='Puppet Master']Voted on all three polls and only 36 points says there is the possibility for 18 site must have screwed up. Oh well as long as there's two more periods for the max it shouldn't be a problem still annoying though.[/QUOTE]

Everything but the last 18 showed up for me right away. But the last 18 for a poll took a few hours

[quote name='admiralvic']Cause that was totally the case last time everyone was certain about it :roll:[/QUOTE]
I'm not everyone. You can't say it would be all that surprising to get stuck with another crappy game. Aside from Jak & Daxter, it's been a bit of a losing streak.

(Also, I forgot all about people thinking we were going to get Tiger Woods before. I just picked it because it's the worst non-baseball game releasing next month. It was almost MLB 2K12.)

[quote name='Puppet Master']Voted on all three polls and only 36 points says there is the possibility for 18 site must have screwed up. Oh well as long as there's two more periods for the max it shouldn't be a problem still annoying though.[/QUOTE]
Even when the points don't show in your profile, they're usually still counted. At least that's what they've told me anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being the baseball fan that I am, I'm pretty happy with this months selection, saves me $60. Next month will be harder to judge, not much coming out, especially PS3 exclusives. We'll see!

I had teh same thing last week - I think I didn't fully wait for each poll to post results before hitting vote in the next one. Oh well, still more than enough to win the full prize.

[quote name='Double O Slevin']Being the baseball fan that I am, I'm pretty happy with this months selection, saves me $60. Next month will be harder to judge, not much coming out, especially PS3 exclusives. We'll see![/QUOTE]

Exactly. If your not a sports fan or baseball fan then I can understand why you might think this is a bad month. But MLB The Show is one of Playstation's biggest title's of the year. I know a few friends of mine who bought a PS3 simply because The Show is THE game to get if you want to play baseball.

The only reason I might sell my copy is because A) I'm a Yankees fan and B) Because I still enjoy playing my copy of MLB 10 The Show and don't know if I want to upgrade yet. Either way this month is far from being "crappy"

Just got an email reply back about this month's weekly scheduling:

My email:

I noticed that the first week of February's rewards doesn't end until the 12th, and only leaves 2 weeks and three days to get 1101+ points for the month. Does that mean week 4(Monday 27 - Wednesday 29) will be a short week, or will week 4 end on Sunday January 4th, and start again the next day for March on the 5th with 4 whole weeks for the month of March?

House Party Support Response:

Thank you for your email, and your patience as we looked into this with the appropriate member of the House Party team.

There will still be four weeks of challenges, but please note that Week 4 will be extremely short. The challenges will be open from February 27 through February 29. We will be updating the FAQ to reflect this, and the Week 4 reminder email will also note this.

Thank you so much for bringing this confusion to our attention - keep rackin' up those points and party on!

Sincerely,
Susan
House Party Community Support

So, we only have 3 days to do indeed in week 4, Monday the 27th - Wednesday the 29th.

[quote name='retail sucks']So we only have 3 days to do week 4, Monday the 27th - Wednesday the 29th.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Still it's good to be informed of that. Thanks for the update.

I hope that for the last month they try to go out with a bang and have more than one or even two games for us. Why the hell not? A couple of disc based games and maybe a couple of PSN games on top of those. Of course, I'm just hoping, but unless they keep the program going for another 6-12 months, then that's how I want them to go out.

My shipping notice just came in as well! Mine is coming on Wednesday (Ohio) which is fantastic for me, because tomorrow is my birthday, but I'm busy today, tomorrow, and Wednesday, with Thursday being my off day, so it will be great to play this on Thursday!

My GT5XL hasn't arrived yet. It's due to be here on Wednesday.

Just got the shipping notice about the Jak and Daxter Collection. It's due to be here on Friday.

Luckily I have both days off of work normally, though I got food poisoning recently so I'll probably be off all week anyway.

This is going to be one awesome week for me. Packages arriving tomorrow through Thursday of GT5 XL Edition, Jak and Daxter Collection, PS Vita, multiple PS Vita games. \\:D/

I haven't received a notification about my January prizes...hmm...

EDIT

Wow, Yeah I did. I was looking in my inbox at the FedEx notification I read last night...I assumed that one was my GT 5XL and that it was taking longer than expected. I should have GT5XL tomorrow and Jak on Wednesday. AWESOME.

A bit odd that J&D seems to be shipping traveling faster than GT5. I have no idea when to expect either game; Fedex isn't giving me an ETA for some reason.

EDIT: I just knew that as soon as I said something, the problem would go away. GT5 comes today and J&D comes tomorrow. I'm so excited that I'll even try playing GT5 before trading it in.

I just got my stuff. The game is exactly what you expect, shrink wrapped with a cut on the bar code. The screwdriver/flashlight is really cheap and mine is slightly broken. The USB car charger seems fine, like any generic $3 on eBay item from China. Both have the GT5 branding.

bread's done
Back