Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='dragon290513']anyone got email notification or shipment or anything yet for last month? when should I expect to get anything :p (sorry I'm still new to this)[/QUOTE]

Read the main post. There's no point in asking if other people got emails yet, cause if they did. they'd post it. And you'll probably get an email in a week or two

So HOLY MOTHER fuckING SHIT! If you read Sony broke another rule XD!

Anyways Mod Nation beta was delayed and apparently they're sending resistance dual pack to make up for it? So now we have an M rated game

We apologize that the code for ModNation™ Racer Beta is delayed. PlayStation has given you Resistance Greatest Hits Dual Pack Game**** as a thank you for your patience.

We plan on shipping the Jak and Daxter Poster, Resistance Greatest Hits Dual Pack Game and MLB® 12: The Show™ Game out around March 14th so keep a watch out for it.

We are now getting Resistance Greatest Hits with MLB 12: The Show.

Already have all 3 Resistance games, but nice that they are giving us more stuff to make up for lack of whatever the beta is.

I knew this thread would blow up about the Resistance thing lol I'm a huge Insomniac fan, so I already have all the games and the Dual Pack, but I'll gladly take another. Read the small print though, it makes it sound like it'll just be a voucher code.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I knew this thread would blow up about the Resistance thing lol I'm a huge Insomniac fan, so I already have all the games and the Dual Pack, but I'll gladly take another. Read the small print though, it makes it sound like it'll just be a voucher code.[/QUOTE]

I dont see anything that implies its a download in my email...

[quote name='Devil May Cry']I knew this thread would blow up about the Resistance thing lol I'm a huge Insomniac fan, so I already have all the games and the Dual Pack, but I'll gladly take another. Read the small print though, it makes it sound like it'll just be a voucher code.[/QUOTE]

Based on that logic, MLB would be too.

But really, if it were codes, they probably would have included them in this email like they have in the past.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Based on that logic, MLB would be too.

But really, if it were codes, they probably would have included them in this email like they have in the past.[/QUOTE]

Never mind, you're right. I skipped over MLB due to the surprise factor of Resistance. Guess it will be a retail copy. Makes sense, I heard it didn't sell too well. Shame really, Resistance is a great series overall.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Based on that logic, MLB would be too.

But really, if it were codes, they probably would have included them in this email like they have in the past.[/QUOTE]

You mean hes talking about the "PSN" remark? If so they include that for everything in every email... If you look they say the same thing for the poster and everything else.

Awesome, now I don't have to buy resistance. Wish I would've known about this program as soon as I bought my Ps3. Wasn't that interested in the beta anyways.

[quote name='admiralvic']You mean hes talking about the "PSN" remark? If so they include that for everything in every email... If you look they say the same thing for the poster and everything else.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to download my poster.

[quote name='admiralvic']You mean hes talking about the "PSN" remark? If so they include that for everything in every email... If you look they say the same thing for the poster and everything else.[/QUOTE]

At first I felt stupid for skipping over MLB, now I just feel bad for HouseParty...

Yay! I loved Resistance 1 back when I got it with my launch PS3, but I eventually sold it and never played 2 and 3. What a great way to get back into the series.

Quick question: Does the dual pack come with those ugly red cases?

[quote name='jling84']Yay! I loved Resistance 1 back when I got it with my launch PS3, but I eventually sold it and never played 2 and 3. What a great way to get back into the series.

Quick question: Does the dual pack come with those ugly red cases?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it comes in a special box and free DLC

houseparty/sony definitely came through for these last 2 months of the program, MLB12 The Show, Resistance Dual Pack, Uncharted 3, LBP2, how awesome.

Sony sure has some shitty business practices, but they don't skimp on giving away games.

Delayed beta test, which only gets you in like a week early? Have a $40 game.

Taco Bell Vita contest - LBP Vita delayed? We'll give you another game in it's place and then still give you LBP when it comes out.*

*I know this promotion was handled with much incompetence and more bad business practices, but for those that did win and chose LBP, it paid off.

I was anxious to see what the Modnation Racers Beta was, but I am very happy with the Resistance dualpack. fuck yeah!!!!! This program is just awesome

just looked in, i guess my poll results didn't count up so i'm minus 54 from the max amount- i'm sure it'll be fine right? as long as we have @ least 1002 points by the end, we still max out on all the rewards right?

I've been wanting to get these games, so I was stoked when I read the e-mail. And I'm happy that these will be in the red cases because I don't like the clear ones very much.

I get annoyed with the sport games, but even so, I'm super grateful for this program and I'm sad to see it go. But my PS3 collection practically doubled, so at least I got a lot out of it.

[quote name='admiralvic']Why are people calling it a replacement? Nothing is being replaced...[/QUOTE]
I was just thinking the same thing. Heh.

[quote name='MrPiggles']That's not true at all. For example, if you were to charge $55 for MLB 12 on Amazon, you would make a profit of about $45, whereas trading it in gets you only $32. Plus, if you sell it, you get cash, while trading in only gets you Amazon credit. You can use this to calculate your profit after fees on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
But don't you need to have a normal UPC label to be able to sell? Because on the Help page it says
A UPC or EAN is required to list items in most Amazon categories, particularly if you are selling items from major brands.
Or does this just mean you need to be able to read it to sell it?

Still, you definitely make a good point, you could sell the Resistance Dual Pack on Amazon for around $35 and make more money than you would trading it in to a place like Best Buy(Who'll only give you around $20). Hell, MLB 12: The Show only trades in for $20 which is absolute BS. See?

However, how would you label it when it comes time to sell? It's in Like New condition, but it has a scratch on the back over the UPC?

Sweet! I never use betas anyway and you can't sell them either. I've been kicking myself for passing up resistance at a garage sale for $5, so now I am happy! I can keep my R2 CE sealed too! yeah!

The Resistance 2 DLC codes that come with the Dual Pack have an expiration date of March 31, 2012, so I hope they get the packs to us before then.

never played any of the resistance games except the beta for the mp of the 3rd one...it was pretty fun...cant wait :D

I really hope that the package arrives by Saturday (it should if it ships on the 14th)..i want to play mlb 12 so bad D:

I just got the e-mail and I'm pretty excited. Resistance huh? That was another series which I've never played that I wanted to get into.

Not sure if it's been posted but the double pack we're getting has:

Resistance: Fall of Man® PlayStation®3 game
Resistance® 2 PlayStation®3 game
Exclusive Resistance® 3 Capelli SRPA Multiplayer Skin
Resistance® 2 Aftermath Multiplayer Map Pack
Resistance® 2 Skin Bundle
Resistance® 2 Wraith Skin

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend only recently got a PS3 and is a huge baseball fan, so I'll likely end up selling him both MLB and the Resistance dual pack. What's MSRP for the Resistance dual pack though? I'm not gonna sell him it for retail, don't worry lol.

bread's done
Back