PlayStation TV $20 / bundle $30 at Walmart B&M

AndyD33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
367 (100%)
The bundle with a dualshock 3, Lego movie game, sly cooper game, and an 8gb card is now $30.

The Ps tv by itself is now $20.

Updated prices 4/2/16

Last edited by a moderator:
This x100. All employees at Walmart are useless without their scanners. I hate having to find an employee that works in any department and only seeing ones with a scanner. You ask them for something and they either point you in the wrong direction or attempt to do their job for once which leads to doing nothing.
Agreed! Luckily when I went the Wal-Mart near me, there was a rep with a scanner in the gaming department. It was a win win for me. That same store had about 10 or so stand alone systems.

I never use mine.  Half of the Vita games do not work on it.  When you stream your PS4 to it the graphics take a serious nose dive, mine is just sitting and collecting dust.

Half of the Vita games do not work on it. When you stream your PS4 to it the graphics take a serious nose dive.
All of this info was out there before you made your purchase. Just like the vita, the resolution is crap when remote playing. But, this thing does what it's supposed to do. Been using mine a lot to remote play Fallout 4 in bed before going to sleep. No complaints, works perfectly as it should. And I only bought mine for the cheap ps3 controller but have actually found a use for owning it. Much cheaper than buying a 2nd ps4 and a lot easier than moving mine room to room.

Edit - ok so one small complaint. I can't figure out how to exit the damn Workshop because it uses the touchpad to exit

Thanks, OP.  Picked up one of these today like a few of you for the extra controller.

From what I can tell, it doesn't seem like I can expect too much from a trade-in of the pstv itself.  If anyone has any numbers in this regard, I'd appreciate it.  Or is there a good place to look to gauge what tiv might be?  

Thanks again for the posts, help, and edumacation.  Take care, peeps.

Thanks, OP. Picked up one of these today like a few of you for the extra controller.

From what I can tell, it doesn't seem like I can expect too much from a trade-in of the pstv itself. If anyone has any numbers in this regard, I'd appreciate it. Or is there a good place to look to gauge what tiv might be?

Thanks again for the posts, help, and edumacation. Take care, peeps.
I just checked the GameStop website. The system trades in by itself for $10. I don't know if you get more for being a Pro member or not. You might just want to hold onto the damn thing like other people said for PS4 streaming or just playing your Vita games on a TV. It's not like it takes up much space.

I just checked the GameStop website. The system trades in by itself for $10. I don't know if you get more for being a Pro member or not. You might just want to hold onto the damn thing like other people said for PS4 streaming or just playing your Vita games on a TV. It's not like it takes up much space.
TL;DR:

Thanks, Jose, for the reply.

OR, Too Long, as is my custom, but if you're a glutton for punishment, read at your convenience...

Yeah, I haven't yet taken the PS4 plunge, but I don't see myself doing the streaming thing. And likewise, I never got into any of Sony's portables.

I have seen a lot of folks laud the JRPGs though, and being able to play them on their TV seems to be a big factor/selling point (especially at this lower price) for them. I like RPGs quite a bit (and all games, in general), but JRPGs are sort of an acquired taste, I think. Not that they aren't great, but it's more of a I-don't-know-enough-about-the-games situation to know if it'd be something to get into or not.

If I already owned some of these games or had/played the vita or psp, this might be a no-brainer. I guess for now, I'll just stick to Final Fantasy rpg-wise, and dip my toes in a little bit at a time -- Ni no kuni, Drakengard, or Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (even though that's DS).

So, yeah, this seems to be a niche machine that had a lot of unfulfilled promises and/or potential. For what it is, it's probably great for some, but maybe not for me. And that lack of follow-through and subsequent pedestrian sales -- and near abandonment by Sony it sounds like -- have resulted in maybe only value to the hardcore, the collector, or the curious.

It's either get what I can now or keep it -- as you say, it doesn't take up much room -- and see what the future holds.

Anywho, thanks again for the reply.

Just opened up my PSTV and having a slight issue. All the games I downloaded via PS+ aren't showing up in my download list on the PSTV. On my PS4 and on the playstation website it does show it though. When I press download to Vita on the website it says there is an error. 

Can only think of two things. My PS+ ran out some days ago but that shouldn't stop me from downloading (I don't think) and I did have a Vita before but sold it so it might be trying to download to that and not the PSTV.

Thanks, OP. Picked up one of these today like a few of you for the extra controller.

From what I can tell, it doesn't seem like I can expect too much from a trade-in of the pstv itself. If anyone has any numbers in this regard, I'd appreciate it. Or is there a good place to look to gauge what tiv might be?

Thanks again for the posts, help, and edumacation. Take care, peeps.
If you're interested in trading, please CML. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Figured how to link my account but I hate this thing. I bought a Vita day one and sold it and now I remember why. The thing is sluggish, UI makes no sense, and the fact that it allowed me to download a game before letting me know it wouldn't run is horrible. Even tried remote play but rather use it on my PC since it's faster and looks better. Yeah, not worth it.

I have limited gaming budget so the PSTV was awesome for me, since it allowed me to play the few vita game I have collected over the years, while the vita system continue to be too expansive for me. 

This page lists the vita etc games that works with the PS TV, I found it extremely useful. 

link

One important trick to learn for PS TV is how to activate 'touch control' with DS3 controller. With this info, you should not need to pull out your hair like I did.

link

Here's the item number for the Walmart exclusive bundle with Sly:

And this is the item number for the regular dualshock bundle version without Sly:

Found two different item numbers for the standalone system, but they both showed up as item not available in my area, and they're both no longer available on the website...so not sure if either is valid (but here they are if you want to try: 35284538 45632054 )
Darby, you should add this quote to the OP so people can find it easier.

Would love to get one of these somewhere, but nowhere near me has any. I mentioned a while ago that I'd pay $45 shipped for the PSTV + Sly bundle, offer is still open if anyone has any spares.

I remember someone saying that you can contact Sony's customer support if the codes have already expired.
This might not actually be necessary. I believe Sony actually extended the expiration date on all of those codes. You should be able to just try the codes and see whether or not they work on PSN. Chances are good that they will simply work.

This might not actually be necessary. I believe Sony actually extended the expiration date on all of those codes. You should be able to just try the codes and see whether or not they work on PSN. Chances are good that they will simply work.
Yeah, I didn't know for sure. I'm giving my stepdad the Lego Movie bundle I bought for his birthday because he's been looking for a cheap entry to the world of PlayStation, so that's good to know. I got my PSTV early last year for free with my PS4 purchase at GameStop. But, in all honesty, my Ouya gets more play time than my PSTV although I'm planning to buy the Vita version of Jet Set Radio for $4.99 from this week's PSN sale. I'll buy pretty much any port from the Dreamcast era.

Yeah, I didn't know for sure. I'm giving my stepdad the Lego Movie bundle I bought for his birthday because he's been looking for a cheap entry to the world of PlayStation, so that's good to know. I got my PSTV early last year for free with my PS4 purchase at GameStop. But, in all honesty, my Ouya gets more play time than my PSTV although I'm planning to buy the Vita version of Jet Set Radio for $4.99 from this week's PSN sale. I'll buy pretty much any port from the Dreamcast era.
Off topic but, has the ouya gotten any better. I have had mine packed away since i dont remember when. I just couldnt seem to get into it.

Off topic but, has the ouya gotten any better.
Well, I'm pretty certain that the company behind the OUYA already closed up shop and sold all of their assets. Thankfully, the OUYA itself was always open/hackable. So you can do whatever you please with the hardware and the software. But as a general platform it's pretty much dead. It got a little better before that happened.

At this point I would recommend hanging on to your OUYA, because it's discontinued status is going to make it a little bit of a collectors item in a decade or so. (and it doesn't take up much room anyway) But yeah, the OUYA is done and gone.

Off topic but, has the ouya gotten any better. I have had mine packed away since i dont remember when. I just couldnt seem to get into it.
The Ouya Store is still alive since Razer bought the assets, and indie games are still showing up on it (a dev on Reddit mentioned that he had a new game ready for release on it), but the sun has nearly set on Ouya. The big punch to the gut, though, is that the games are typically more expensive on the Ouya Store than they are on Google Play. But I would still say that I replay the Ouya games more than the ones I have on my Vita/PSTV. I'm sure I'm going to get blasted for saying that, but give me Ice Rage, Knightmare Tower, Super Crate Box, Busted, and Maldita Castila over anything on PSTV any day. And yes - even Persona 4 Golden.

I remember someone saying that you can contact Sony's customer support if the codes have already expired.
I just picked up a copy of the Lego Movie PSTV bundle last week and the code expiration was listed for March 31, 2016. However, I had no problem redeeming them (~May 5) and the games worked as intended. Amazing deal for 29.99.

I just picked up a copy of the Lego Movie PSTV bundle last week and the code expiration was listed for March 31, 2016. However, I had no problem redeeming them (~May 5) and the games worked as intended. Amazing deal for 29.99.
Yeah, after enough people bitched to Sony they just reactivated all the codes.

Anyone know if the PSVita Disney Infinity 2.0 works on the PSVita? I have a copy I bought a while back for black suit Spider-Man when he was rare. I'm torn between trying to find a PSTV or selling the DI setup without the Spidey fig for $15.

I saw a huge stack of PSTVs at my Walmart bundles and stand alones. Priced 20 and 30 bucks. I might have to grab one at that price.

Don't forget to check for vita games in the budget area of the video games, I have seen them moved out of the cases. I have seen God of war and sly cooper collection for $9.88

I saw a huge stack of PSTVs at my Walmart bundles and stand alones. Priced 20 and 30 bucks. I might have to grab one at that price.
You must be living in nowhere or they found a missing pallet in the storage.

All of PSTV were gone in any Walmart near me for at least 4 months (I picked up the last 3 from 2 Walmart when the bundle were still $50)

Sorry late to the party. What type of memory card does the $20 and $30 bundle come with?
It's a proprietary memory card. So if you buy one, get the $30 bundle otherwise you are stuck with the built in 1gb of storage which with software updates and stuff it doesn't leave much room for anything.

You must be living in nowhere or they found a missing pallet in the storage.
All of PSTV were gone in any Walmart near me for at least 4 months (I picked up the last 3 from 2 Walmart when the bundle were still $50)
its a very busy area were pretty much all the shopping and stores in the county is located.

Could someone sell me a $30 bundle if they pick up an extra one? Can't find any around me. 

Will pay shipping plus a few extra bucks for it :D

Could someone sell me a $30 bundle if they pick up an extra one? Can't find any around me.

Will pay shipping plus a few extra bucks for it :D
Same.

I'm also looking for one of the bundles and a second 16gb card. Please PM me with price shipped.

I have an unopened bundle that I tried to return but I'm beyond the 14 days. I'm not looking to make anything on it and a local (Atlanta, northern burbs) transaction is preferred. PM me.

Damn looks like I missed the 16gb card. If anyone else gets a extra let me know. Good stuff though Darby.

bread's done
Back