PlayStation TV $20 / bundle $30 at Walmart B&M

AndyD33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
367 (100%)
The bundle with a dualshock 3, Lego movie game, sly cooper game, and an 8gb card is now $30.

The Ps tv by itself is now $20.

Updated prices 4/2/16

Last edited by a moderator:
Two more bundles just magically appeared at my nearest store.  And neither was the only single bundle that they had disappeared months ago as neither box was beat to hell.  The best part is they still can't 't price them right and marked them at $90.

so is it still either or with the updating firmware to be able to access store/download stuff still and hacking it to play games that require the touchscreen?  Haven't gotten around to hooking this up yet, is the ps4 controller's touchpad responsive if it is used instead of the ps3 controller? Or would I have to update the firmware to use the ps4 controller

Has anyone been able to price match at target? Mine has a bunch but the price doesn't show online so didn't bother waiting on line.

Has anyone been able to price match at target? Mine has a bunch but the price doesn't show online so didn't bother waiting on line.
I haven't tried, but it would be hard to price match since the sales price isn't listed on the website. I mean they could call them and check. Most reps won't do that though.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Out of the 30 or so physical Vita games I own, only 9 are PSTV compatible. That's hilarious!
What's even funnier, is that not too long ago there was a hack that I think allowed every single Vita game (I think PSN and PSX also) to be compatible with the PSTV, but Sony killed the hack. I'm keeping my $30 PSTV bundle, but this thing could have been a really cool device had Sony been more open with it.

What's even funnier, is that not too long ago there was a hack that I think allowed every single Vita game (I think PSN and PSX also) to be compatible with the PSTV, but Sony killed the hack. I'm keeping my $30 PSTV bundle, but this thing could have been a really cool device had Sony been more open with it.
Why a company wouldn't put in the effort for its own first-party games to be compatible with its own game system is ridiculous. On the other hand, a stack of 30 Vita games takes up barely any space at all!

I have an unopened bundle that I tried to return but I'm beyond the 14 days. I'm not looking to make anything on it and a local (Atlanta, northern burbs) transaction is preferred. PM me.
Same thing happened to me when I tried to return and rebuy for the current $30 price. Twenty bucks down the crapper.

I think those games were banned because they are unplayable on the tv anyway (no touch screen)

I think those games were banned because they are unplayable on the tv anyway (no touch screen)
Unfortunately, there are many games that don't use Vita specific hardware features (eg. Xeodrifter) that aren't being officially "whitelisted" for play on PSTV. Apparently, it's up to the developer to write a small amount of code to make their title PSTV compatible. In the case of Xeodrifter, I remember reading online awhile back a fan of the game asked one of the developers why their game wasn't PSTV compatible. His response in a nutshell, it would take a little more work and we can't be bothered.

Same thing happened to me when I tried to return and rebuy for the current $30 price. Twenty bucks down the crapper.
I actually bought mine for $30 just don't really have a use for it. Damn impulse buys. I also have an unopened gamestick and dock.

If anyone who bought one for $30 regrets their purchase, I would be happy to buy it off them for $30 plus shipping. PM me if you might be interested :)

I got the bundle at Meijer for $20 a month or two ago.  Still haven't even gotten around to trying it.  If nothing else, it's an extra controller and an okay game I didn't own.

I've had a PSTV for quite a while now, I bought one for $25 when they first started dropping in price a year ago. I've used a few times to stream my PS4 to a TV in my other room and it works quite well for that for the most part. Too much lag to play something like Overwatch online or a game of Street Fighter V, but it's good for stuff like Fallout 4. I also own a Vita and prefer to play those games on the Vita instead of the PSTV. I think I'd enjoy the PSTV more if I had a larger memory card in it, but the 4GB can only hold so much and I have a ton of games both physical and digital for Vita. I'd love to get another larger memory card for a good price. 

Recently found one at a walmart that showed no stock on brickseek.  However it was a return and had been opened.   

I had picked up a bundle earlier this year, but went on and bought the return since I can always use an extra vita memory card, plus I had been thinking of picking up a second ps tv anyway (I can still find the non-bundled ones here).  Checked before purchasing to make sure everything (or so I thought) was in the box

I suspect some bought it to switch out the controller, since the controller was in a ziplock bag and the charging cable was missing.  Controller works from what I can tell, but maybe it has issues that crop up with further use (no big deal for me if it is defective since a have few extra controllers anyway)

Since I already own the games from my previous purchase, I am putting up the codes that came with the bundle free with the caveat that they may have already been redeemed.

Lego movie game:

JPLN-PAND-TB65

Sly Cooper:

NTP9-LRN7-BMFP

Recently found one at a walmart that showed no stock on brickseek. However it was a return and had been opened.

I had picked up a bundle earlier this year, but went on and bought the return since I can always use an extra vita memory card, plus I had been thinking of picking up a second ps tv anyway (I can still find the non-bundled ones here). Checked before purchasing to make sure everything (or so I thought) was in the box

I suspect some bought it to switch out the controller, since the controller was in a ziplock bag and the charging cable was missing. Controller works from what I can tell, but maybe it has issues that crop up with further use (no big deal for me if it is defective since a have few extra controllers anyway)

Since I already own the games from my previous purchase, I am putting up the codes that came with the bundle free with the caveat that they may have already been redeemed.

Lego movie game:

JPLN-PAND-TB65

Sly Cooper:

NTP9-LRN7-BMFP
yeah both have been redeemed.

Recently found one at a walmart that showed no stock on brickseek. However it was a return and had been opened.

I had picked up a bundle earlier this year, but went on and bought the return since I can always use an extra vita memory card, plus I had been thinking of picking up a second ps tv anyway (I can still find the non-bundled ones here). Checked before purchasing to make sure everything (or so I thought) was in the box

I suspect some bought it to switch out the controller, since the controller was in a ziplock bag and the charging cable was missing. Controller works from what I can tell, but maybe it has issues that crop up with further use (no big deal for me if it is defective since a have few extra controllers anyway)
wow, I would've demanded a new controller, coz Walmart is pretending to sell you a bundle that's supposed to contain a new controller lol plus no charging cable o_O

Anwyays is there a way to update the firmware to a specific one, instead to the current one? According to http://hackinformer.com/2016/01/26/playstation-tv-and-white-list-hack-still-work-on-fw-3-57/ it worked until 3.57 unless it's a totally different hack, coz lots of other places said it only worked til 3.52.

bread's done
Back