Playstation Vita Taco Bell Giveaway - Starts January 26th

63 people in the taco bell no reply club...most are Monday winners. Hell we probably have at least 1/3+ of the people that "won" on Monday...

As for information about the system you won, these winning systems will be shipped out to winners in three batches: February 8th, March 11th, and April 2nd. You should expect you PS Vita™ in one of these shipments. You should receive a notification letter, as these will sent via First Class Mail to the prize winners. Unfortunately, I have provided you with the extent of the information that we have here about the promotion. If you would like more details, confirmation, etc; you will need to contact Taco Bell, and they will be able to provide further details.
Just FYI

at this point I'll just be happy getting my vita...

There is a Monday winner in in the facebook group that managed to get a store manager to talk to corporate for him about it and they decided that his number what "not valid". Others have talked directly to Ventura and found out they consider screen shots inadmissible evidence.

I mean if a screen shot isn't good enough and they lost the number that you won with what can one really use as proof?

Hilarious, I just pulled this from Venture Associates webpage FAQs:

What happens if something goes wrong with my prize promotion?
It’s amazing how many things can go wrong with a promotion. The use of an experienced promotion agency, however, can reduce that possibility-our trained professionals know how to plan promotions to avoid those ugly incidents, those incidents that have your boss screaming at you. And as further protection, our indemnification policy protects you from anything we do wrong in our capacity as your promotion agency.

Has anyone received any of the mail-in codes yet? I sent off for some before the promotion even started and I still haven't been sent anything.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Has anyone received any of the mail-in codes yet? I sent off for some before the promotion even started and I still haven't been sent anything.[/QUOTE]

I got one back on Friday and one on Saturday. I've been sending in one a day since Jan 24th.

Soooo.... Is anyone winning now? The ticker on the website has stopped dead. So, I'm wondering if they're giving any more away...

Last edited by a moderator:
They also appear to be giving out emails to people that claim to have won stating that they are no longer a winner and essentially accusing them of cheating. On the fb group I'm in even people that won via text message have gotten it.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Has anyone received any of the mail-in codes yet? I sent off for some before the promotion even started and I still haven't been sent anything.[/QUOTE]
No,nothing.I've sent 10 envelopes.

[quote name='mrx001']No,nothing.I've sent 10 envelopes.[/QUOTE]

I got back one on fri, sat and today. I started sending one a day since the 24th.

haven't tried any of them though. the game counter hasn't changed since this morning. did they quit giving wins or is the counter broke?

[quote name='my2k2zx2']I got back one on fri, sat and today. I started sending one a day since the 24th.

haven't tried any of them though. the game counter hasn't changed since this morning. did they quit giving wins or is the counter broke?[/QUOTE]

Dunno, but a SECOND story about it broke on Kotaku today. This company is just amazingly bad.

[quote name='splattered']Has anyone actually received their Vita yet? The first batch was supposed to go out or be delivered Feb 8th...[/QUOTE]

Well, given that it'd take 4 days to receive the mail, you'd need to have won on the 4th at the LATEST to make that batch, or let's just say the 3rd.

I'd say they'd start arriving today, if they are being sent. I have a feeling this company is going to end up 'delaying' prizes. I've been able to predict their failures every step of the way so far. It's sad.

[quote name='splattered']Has anyone actually received their Vita yet? The first batch was supposed to go out or be delivered Feb 8th...[/QUOTE]

I haven't been following this thread, but I won on February 1 (and have received all of the confirmation emails). How do we know when the Vitas are being delivered?

[quote name='Shadow2222']I haven't been following this thread, but I won on February 1 (and have received all of the confirmation emails). How do we know when the Vitas are being delivered?[/QUOTE]

I don't think we will.

I also won on the 1st (got a response on the 3rd and got a follow up about the LBP situation on the 8th). I'm not expecting it for a few weeks, honestly. I thought about trying to send an email and ask about it but I'm fairly certain they're too busy to respond to a question like that lol.

Ironically, I come home to find this! Yay!

dem4ql.jpg

The counter is ridiculously low.

At this rate, one every 15 minutes, plus assuming a steady distribution of the dojo wins, plus 3 wins on the gallery is:
Code: 1914 Vitas
Dojo: 188
Gallery: 3

The number should be MUCH closer 2111. It's barely HALF of the 15-minute game alone.
And the 15-minute math over all the days adds up near perfectly.

So the counter is way off, or maybe it's more reliable than we know.

I still have a box top at home and play that stupid game nightly for a chance. Here's hopin'!

But if they are evenly distributing the Dojo wins, it would be once every 2.5 hours or so given the amount is about 1/10 of the text if I have the rules and math right.

[quote name='poet17eric']But if they are evenly distributing the Dojo wins, it would be once every 2.5 hours or so given the amount is about 1/10 of the text if I have the rules and math right.[/QUOTE]

Yup. But they aren't. Or if they did, they're horribly off.

Not sure how But I won. I tried to text a code a week ago or so in the middle of the night. Didnt get any response back. Tried to use the code online, it said the code was already used. Used my other code I had, said I already played today. Didnt think much of it. A couple days go by and I get a You Won email in my junk email. I filled the info out and sent it back. Got the confirmation email a day or 2 layer.

Still not sure how or when I won. But I will take it :)

[quote name='Coyotezeye']Not sure how But I won. I tried to text a code a week ago or so in the middle of the night. Didnt get any response back. Tried to use the code online, it said the code was already used. Used my other code I had, said I already played today. Didnt think much of it. A couple days go by and I get a You Won email in my junk email. I filled the info out and sent it back. Got the confirmation email a day or 2 layer.

Still not sure how or when I won. But I will take it :)[/QUOTE]

I had some weird texts come back as well, but no email that I can find. Mind sharing the Subject line so I can better search my trash/spam?

I emailed them with the three codes I've used just in case.

Today my Android app would show me a confirmation screen for winning or losing after playing the Dojo. Anyone else having issues?

from 1 to 4 today they gave away 16! I had no luck, though, cuz they said my codes were used when I know they weren't. I'm contacting them, though.

[quote name='ohiostatedog']from 1 to 4 today they gave away 16! I had no luck, though, cuz they said my codes were used when I know they weren't. I'm contacting them, though.[/QUOTE]

15 minutes, 4 per hour. 1-4 is 4 hours. That sounds like it is on track. Although that means ZERO dojo wins, where there mathematically should have been one.

So the fact it's hilariously behind and codes have been used, made it sound like they're hand verifying winners to make sure their code wasn't sequential to the last one, and that they actually have it, rather than pulling it out of their butt.

But has anyone been required to give proof of their code?

no 1-2, 2-3, 3-4. That's 3 hours. They gave away a little extra, i'm assuming, to make up for never giving any away ever in the world (Not really, slightly exaggerated)

[quote name='poet17eric']I had some weird texts come back as well, but no email that I can find. Mind sharing the Subject line so I can better search my trash/spam?

I emailed them with the three codes I've used just in case.

Today my Android app would show me a confirmation screen for winning or losing after playing the Dojo. Anyone else having issues?[/QUOTE]

Urgent Message from Taco Bell Unlock the Box‏

Comes from: TB Notice

I don't think I have any reason to be worried since I got as far as getting that follow-up "no LBP so we'll toss in Hot Shots Golf" email, but it's been another day with no Vita and I'm starting to get paranoid lol

[quote name='slowdive21']I just skimmed the rules and didn't see it, but is this contest going to go AMOE online or is it only by mailing cards?[/QUOTE]

The final week of entry is online, too.

Granted, there's no mail today, but I'm on week 3 now of sending out my SASEs with no response back. Also, played the dojo again at 3AM PST with no wins.

If they don't catch-up with the final week of online entries, then there's going to be a huge second-chance drawing. They're about 1,000 Vitas behind now, and growing.

I sent 4 SASEs, M3Thr33, and got 1 back 3 days ago. but i sent 3 at the same time, so i don't know why they're not here. We should wait till the end when they have to give away like 25 a minute to make up for the ones they didn't... I REALLY have to win this contest...

[quote name='poet17eric']Has anyone who has emailed them about code verification heard back yet? I'm still waiting for a reply from Friday.[/QUOTE]

I won Jan 30th and have been pestering them ever since then for my verification and haven't heard anything back yet so don't expect a quick response lol

[quote name='ZombieToast']I sent 5 SASEs on January 24 and finally got one back today. I should've just saved my stamps.[/QUOTE]

Each one is about a dollar. 45 cents each way, plus the two envelopes, plus my return address sticker.

I've been playing the Dojo everyday the past week but no luck. Is there a time I should play since it's "every 15 minutes" like 5:00 or 5:15?

The Dojo is 450 over 30 days, it works about to one every 2 hours and 15 minutes.

As for the code-entry, it's SUPPOSED to be every 15 minutes, but I put my first code in, and there's only been ONE winner in the last hour.

8:12 - 1779
8:25 - 1779

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back