Playstation Vita WiFi $249.99 - 3G/WiFi $299.99 - February 22, 2012 Release

[quote name='WyldRyce']Not a deal but [/QUOTE]

Then why did you post it in the deals section that is afterall meant for well, deals if you knew it wasnt a deal?

[quote name='gargus']Then why did you post it in the deals section that is afterall meant for well, deals if you knew it wasnt a deal?[/QUOTE]

there have been tons of people placing orders. As long as its available to order, I guarantee this will be one of the most popular threads on the site and a huge money maker for cheapy. Give up the ranting, the majority of the user base and mods disagrees with your sentiment. Why do you feel the need to click on the thread and post a comment if you are not interested, just ignore it.

[quote name='unc13 buck']Shut the fuck up I'm so sick of uppity people screaming not a deal in this place. Also just because you aren't interested in something doesn't mean it's hardly worth mentioning.[/QUOTE]
Umadbro?

I'm pretty surprised how quickly people are to jump on this when there have been no specifics released that I've found. I guess the way to people's wallets are just showing Uncharted gameplay and some rehashed games. That Diablo III Ruin demo was neat, though.

[quote name='Jodou']
I'm pretty surprised how quickly people are to jump on this when there have been no specifics released that I've found. [/QUOTE]

They have announced a price and holiday shipping window, which is specific enough for most people, especially those that want it for christmas. Plus, amazon makes cancelling so easy if you change your mind.

[quote name='caltab']They have announced a price and holiday shipping window, which is specific enough for most people, especially those that want it for christmas. Plus, amazon makes cancelling so easy if you change your mind.[/QUOTE]

Yes but you know very little about the games, which ones will be available, what price, etc.

[quote name='caltab']They have announced a price and holiday shipping window, which is specific enough for most people, especially those that want it for christmas.[/QUOTE]
Battery life, game pricing/distribution methods, internal specs, et cetera; I like details. I am intrigued, but they need to show me a little more than how they can whore out a nobody like Cole in a Tekken vs SF game lol.

[quote name='Jodou']I guess the way to people's wallets are just showing Uncharted gameplay and some rehashed games. [/QUOTE]

Don't let my wife know.. She'll be telling me that the patio set she wants plays Uncharted also.

Re: The lack of specs - a pre-order doesn't cost any money. If they come back and say the thing is being misrepresented, I'll cry a little that I won't get to play Uncharted and wait for them to port it to the PS3.

[quote name='crunchewy']If the online games in question are turn-based, then 200 MB is fine. I really don't think you're going to be playing Call of Duty online over 3G. You probably aren't going to download big games over 3G either. At least I sure wouldn't.

I do think it's a little funny that people are touting the $250 price point (WiFi) as a triumph. That's still a lot for a dedicated gaming handheld. It was a lot for the 3DS and it's still a lot for the Vita. Which doesn't mean I'm not considering it.[/QUOTE]

Most demo is over 200MB. They could give you free download but if they dont do it for apple they wont do it for sony

[quote name='Jodou']Battery life, game pricing/distribution methods, internal specs, et cetera; I like details. I am intrigued, but they need to show me a little more than how they can whore out a nobody like Cole in a Tekken vs SF game lol.[/QUOTE]

Ya, but probably the reason why so many people are jumping at this is because its amazon. An amazon pre order is as good as it gets. We are virtually guaranteed a system at release date or a day or 2 after, no charge until shipped, no tax for most, and the ability to cancel in the unlikely event some shockingly bad info comes out about the system. If this was anyone but amazon I dont think it'd be as popular a thread.

[quote name='Jodou']Battery life, game pricing/distribution methods, internal specs, et cetera; I like details. I am intrigued, but they need to show me a little more than how they can whore out a nobody like Cole in a Tekken vs SF game lol.[/QUOTE]
Considering the 3DS has shitty battery life, I hope this doesn't turn into a Game Gear :lol:. Still wish I had some info about it other than OMG uncharted has good gfx.

[quote name='jacknicklson']It doesnt matter what was announced when we have months to decide without charge[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this is actually a good strategy, if you are vaguely interested in one, get a preorder. It's no cost until it ships anyway and you can get higher in a queue in case Sony did not produce enough.

[quote name='Jodou']Umadbro?

I'm pretty surprised how quickly people are to jump on this when there have been no specifics released that I've found. I guess the way to people's wallets are just showing Uncharted gameplay and some rehashed games. That Diablo III Ruin demo was neat, though.[/QUOTE]
Umadbro?

[quote name='M3wThr33']Just saying that the current generation 3G Kindles run off of AT&T and no one over there throws a shit-fit.[/QUOTE]

Kindle has a free 3g with no monthly fee :D I lovee the kindle

[quote name='nbballard']If they come back and say the thing is being misrepresented, I'll cry a little that I won't get to play Uncharted and wait for them to port it to the PS3.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, this is more than likely the reasoning as the final specs probably aren't 'final' yet.

Thank you for the alert, OP.
I put in a pre-order for the Wifi and also for the Wifi+3G model. I'll make my final decision once we have more information on the 3G model.

Anyone know how much memory its gonna come with? And you think it would be better to wait for say...PSVita Slim? haha. I know thats many years into the future and that I may not be gaming then but hey.

There is almost no reason to pre-order this early, but I know I'm going to pre-order eventually so might as well do it now. In for 1 wifi model.

I'm curious to see when Sony announces sales figures after this launches how the sales breakout between the wifi and 3G versions.

I have to see games that are actually coming out before I consider it. If it ships with a decent amount of memory though I would be more likely to consider it especially since it will have access to everything that is already on the PSN.

I preordered both. Uncharted is a system seller for me.

I suspect that I will be getting the 3G version. Even if I don't use it, the 3G adds to resell value.

[quote name='SaraAB']I have to see games that are actually coming out before I consider it. If it ships with a decent amount of memory though I would be more likely to consider it especially since it will have access to everything that is already on the PSN.[/QUOTE]

While its a bit unclear exactly how everything will work, it seems that it will have a slot/slots for some sort of memory card, likely a Sony proprietary format. Apparently one of the rumors was that they were cutting the on board memory to keep the price down and they'll make some of that up with memory cards sales for the folks who really want more on board storage space.

This is from a few months back, and is fairly vague about specifics.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/27/ngp-features-two-proprietary-card-slots-for-memory-storage-game/

I preordered the Wifi one, no point in 3g at least for me since its exclusive to AT&T and AT&T is bad in my general area in terms of signals. So far the only two games that caught my interest were Project Gravity and Dragon Crown.

Ordered two WiFi models. Will see down the road if I keep both, based on details not yet known. I love, love, love the fact that I can play on my TV, then when a show comes on, switch playing to the Vita. What I'm worried about is if they make you buy two copies of the game for games that are cross compatible.

Ruin and Bioshock Infinite are what I'm eyeing.

Edit: Fixed some swype issues. And I thought the Bioshock game mentioned was Infinite, but apparently not. Only been checking google news every once in awhile and skimming.

Last edited by a moderator:
True, but I can't imagine them not capitalizing on the hype of Infinite as well as the chance to make a quick port with minimal effort.

[quote name='elessar123']Ordered two WiFi models. Will see down the love of I keep both, based on details not yet known. I love love live three fact that I can play on my TV, then when a show comes on, switch it to the Vita. What I'm worried about is of they make you buy two copies of the game.

Ruin and Bioshock Infinite are what I'm eyeing.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, what?

[quote name='Muthafodder']I just understand the unfounded hate towards Sony...[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to the CAGCast, then. You'll get more than you could ever want. ;)

I can't wait to see how they try to spin this E3 for Microsoft.

Pre-ordered the 3G model.

I'm still saying a 4G WIFI hotspot with the Vita WIFI model will be a fucking HOMERUN.

The AT&T requirement for the 3G model just makes me think how bad SONY is in the hole. Not buying it, even the Wifi version, if I have to go with AT&T. Knowing the way phone companies are going with data plans, they are probably going to slap a 2GB plan on the device and make money from the overages people are going to get from it. The game pricing is horrid as well. Full retail for a portable game? NO fuckING THANK YOU!

Im not going to throw my money at that dumb little brick just to pay $30 or so a month to keep it and then pay crazy amounts for my games. And Im not paying Verizon either >_>

[quote name='giantqtipz']wait there will be tv-out? i thought it won't have that feature..[/QUOTE]

It won't, but of you have a PS3 and a Vita, some games will be playable on both, so you can play on the PS3, and continue where you left off on the Vita when your taxi arrives to take you to the airport.

[quote name='Unaki']The AT&T requirement for the 3G model just makes me think how bad SONY is in the hole. Not buying it, even the Wifi version, if I have to go with AT&T. Knowing the way phone companies are going with data plans, they are probably going to slap a 2GB plan on the device and make money from the overages people are going to get from it. The game pricing is horrid as well. Full retail for a portable game? NO fuckING THANK YOU!

Im not going to throw my money at that dumb little brick just to pay $30 or so a month to keep it and then pay crazy amounts for my games. And Im not paying Verizon either >_>[/QUOTE]

Why would you not buy the wifi version if the 3G version is partnered with ATT? I don't get it. And they didn't announce a price for the games yet? I don't get any of your arguments...

not trying to thread crap but what's the point of msrp threads, especially during e3? they can clog up the deals section. we all know about all of the e3 announcements. are we going to have nintendo wii u msrp threads too?

[quote name='Unaki']The AT&T requirement for the 3G model just makes me think how bad SONY is in the hole. Not buying it, even the Wifi version, if I have to go with AT&T. Knowing the way phone companies are going with data plans, they are probably going to slap a 2GB plan on the device and make money from the overages people are going to get from it. The game pricing is horrid as well. Full retail for a portable game? NO fuckING THANK YOU!

Im not going to throw my money at that dumb little brick just to pay $30 or so a month to keep it and then pay crazy amounts for my games. And Im not paying Verizon either >_>[/QUOTE]

not sure if serious...:roll:

This post is so unbelievably unbased and grounded on nothing.

Dude, you need a hug ... or a role model. Not buying a piece of equipment just because another piece of equipment is partnered with a company you don't like just doesn't make sense.

bread's done
Back