PlaySwitch.com - Register A New Free Trading Account, Get a $5 used game for free

sandman8288

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
PlaySwitch.com is running a promotion where new members get
1 trade credit, and $5 credit to order 1 free used PC or Video game.
Shipping is free on every game.

This is a game trading site similar to Goozex.

The selection is mostly older titles, and not the greatest,
and seems to be better for last-gen games.
But for free, who can complain? ;)

See the banner on the left side:
http://www.playswitch.com/

It's quite tedious to search through the games though....
I picked up Tiger Woods 06 for the 360.

Question: I added some PC games to my want list. Will they come with product codes to activate? How does that work?

PS: I like the site. Been looking for a good trade site.

[quote name='poprockfan']i got a question i have been trying to find all over your site but couldnt find an answer anywhere .i was wondeing i have 5 play bucks and made a bid and they havent accepted or denied i dont want to wait a week and them say no or just not accept or deny and me wait for weeks i was wondering can i place other bids and when someone accepts do i confirm that i want it or is me placing a bid mean that when i place it, once they accept my bid thats it, i pay what i bid right there and i dont confirm that i actually want it. hopefully i explained my question clear.[/QUOTE]

I believe I understand your question. (Let me know if I am off.)

You may place as many bids as you would like. If you place bids for 10 games the one that you will receive is the first game where a seller accepts your bid. (If you have enough Sbucks to cover more bids you will continue to receive games as sellers accept your bids.) You won't receive a message asking if you really want the game or not. (We have it set up so it is "understood" that you DO want the game if you have placed a bid.)

Does that answer your question?

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Question: I added some PC games to my want list. Will they come with product codes to activate? How does that work?

PS: I like the site. Been looking for a good trade site.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to hear you like the site! Please let us know of any feedback you may have. We are always trying to make it better.

To answer your question. When sellers add PC games we clearly state that the games cannot be MMO's, Steam Games, or any other games that require an activation code unless that game has never been activated. Does that mean that an activated game NEVER slips through the cracks... unfortunately no, but because all our transactions are guaranteed you are safe.

Does that help?

[quote name='playswitch']I believe I understand your question. (Let me know if I am off.)

You may place as many bids as you would like. If you place bids for 10 games the one that you will receive is the first game where a seller accepts your bid. (If you have enough Sbucks to cover more bids you will continue to receive games as sellers accept your bids.) You won't receive a message asking if you really want the game or not. (We have it set up so it is "understood" that you DO want the game if you have placed a bid.)

Does that answer your question?[/QUOTE]
yes you definatly answered my question thanks a lot and great site also you guys should offer accessory trading is there a reason you dont

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='poprockfan']yes you definatly answered my question thanks a lot and great site also you guys should offer accessory trading is there a reason you dont[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help!

We have thought about accessory trading, but are concerned with "potentially" bad hardware being sold. With a game, a seller can clearly see if it is scratched (or in a cartridge just doesn't work), but with hardware it is a little harder to tell. A controller may work today, but if it was abused it may not tomorrow. We just don't want buyers to get stuck with faulty accessories. We'll definitely look into it again in the future. Thanks for your thoughts!

[quote name='playswitch']Glad I could help!

We have thought about accessory trading, but are concerned with "potentially" bad hardware being sold. With a game, a seller can clearly see if it is scratched (or in a cartridge just doesn't work), but with hardware it is a little harder to tell. A controller may work today, but if it was abused it may not tomorrow. We just don't want buyers to get stuck with faulty accessories. We'll definitely look into it again in the future. Thanks for your thoughts![/QUOTE]

I have to agree i bought some controllers on ebay and they came broke and i started to mess with them. I was able to get a lot of them fixed but after a little use they break again. It is like buying a lemon in a store you drive it out fine but after some use it breaks down. The same goes for 360's with people doing that dumb clamp jobs fooling people on ebay.

You could actually do something like people send them to playswitch they test it then sell/trade it for them for a fee? That would work out for us but takes time out of playswitches time. But that is just an option which i would take advantage of. :) I could always use some more batteries.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I have to agree i bought some controllers on ebay and they came broke and i started to mess with them. I was able to get a lot of them fixed but after a little use they break again. It is like buying a lemon in a store you drive it out fine but after some use it breaks down. The same goes for 360's with people doing that dumb clamp jobs fooling people on ebay.

You could actually do something like people send them to playswitch they test it then sell/trade it for them for a fee? That would work out for us but takes time out of playswitches time. But that is just an option which i would take advantage of. :) I could always use some more batteries.[/QUOTE]

We actually have thought about having a testing facility for hardware (and even some software). At this point we really haven't had a chance to look at all the pros and cons BUT it is still on our things-to-take-a-more-in-depth-look-at list! :)

Jut bought Tiger Woods 07 for PC. Yeah it's old but I haven't played one since 04, plus my dad plays golf 7 day a week, now he can play more at home.

I've been waiting on the seller to response for four days now, does i usually take that long for a response?

I think this site needs to have a promo or incentive program for sellers.

Like sellers get 5 bonus dollars for their first sale/trade... something... because right now the site is flooded with people who are trying to get games... but not many who are trying to sell them.

[quote name='Jay']I've been waiting on the seller to response for four days now, does i usually take that long for a response?[/QUOTE]

Most of our users respond within 4-18 hours. However, occasionally a user may forget to pause their account when they go away on vacation or be lax in their response.

We have an auto-decline feature enabled on selling items which will only allow a maximum of 5 days to go by without a seller response before the transaction will be cancelled and the game to be removed from the system. (The seller is able to visually see the amount of time they have left to respond to a transaction.)

Overall buyers and sellers have very fast an fluid interactions (especially with the new Gamer "Connect" feature). I hope this helped to answer your question.

[quote name='jigsaw918']so i signed up, do i automatically have 5 dollars on my account?[/QUOTE]

Please click the enter promo code button located on the right side of the site (under the MY Sbucks header.) You may then enter your promo code in the specified area.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think this site needs to have a promo or incentive program for sellers.

Like sellers get 5 bonus dollars for their first sale/trade... something... because right now the site is flooded with people who are trying to get games... but not many who are trying to sell them.[/QUOTE]

One thing that we are VERY careful of is currency inflation. Some sites give away currency/points at such a high rate that it will devalue all the currency/points in the system, leaving huge amounts of money and too few games. I've personally even used sites where the point value was actually changed (and game prices altered) to make up for this devaluation causing my $50 to only be worth only $25. Needless to say... this didn't make me too happy. So we make sure that we do not give out too many sbucks because it would overall hurt the site and our users.

However, we do run seller incentives every now and again and I like your idea of a new seller's first trade being worth more. I'll bring it up to the guys and see what they think. Thanks for the feedback!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think this site needs to have a promo or incentive program for sellers.

Like sellers get 5 bonus dollars for their first sale/trade... something... because right now the site is flooded with people who are trying to get games... but not many who are trying to sell them.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Maybe free shipping for your first sale or something.

[quote name='playswitch']Most of our users respond within 4-18 hours. However, occasionally a user may forget to pause their account when they go away on vacation or be lax in their response.

We have an auto-decline feature enabled on selling items which will only allow a maximum of 5 days to go by without a seller response before the transaction will be cancelled and the game to be removed from the system. (The seller is able to visually see the amount of time they have left to respond to a transaction.)

Overall buyers and sellers have very fast an fluid interactions (especially with the new Gamer "Connect" feature). I hope this helped to answer your question.[/QUOTE]

It did help me and i think i'll avoid the seller i'm currently purchasing from, i think i just got a bad seller but i think the seller accepted it because it says "Waiting on seller to enter shipping info" its been like that for four days now, i'm thinking the seller is either taking his time and has a whatever attitude.

EDIT: I think i have a bad seller because when i look on his last login time it says "1/23/2010 @ 8:37AM" so i don't think he was on vacation or anything.

Nice already sold two games on here. Fable II and Halo Wars. Got a decent payout for them as well. Now, I just need to find a game I want.

[quote name='Jay']It did help me and i think i'll avoid the seller i'm currently purchasing from, i think i just got a bad seller but i think the seller accepted it because it says "Waiting on seller to enter shipping info" its been like that for four days now, i'm thinking the seller is either taking his time and has a whatever attitude.

EDIT: I think i have a bad seller because when i look on his last login time it says "1/23/2010 @ 8:37AM" so i don't think he was on vacation or anything.[/QUOTE]

I am having the same issue myself. I signed up right when this was posted and instantly got someone willing to sell to me. I been waiting for them to finish it. I hope there is something they can do to people that keep wasting buyers time. I know if to many do it then it would cut down on site traffic over time. If they signin and ignore the transaction thing long they should get a neg comment and a strike or something. If they keep doing it they should disable his selling feature or something. But new sites you got to tinker out all the bugs so sooner or later i hope it gets fixed.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I am having the same issue myself. I signed up right when this was posted and instantly got someone willing to sell to me. I been waiting for them to finish it. I hope there is something they can do to people that keep wasting buyers time. I know if to many do it then it would cut down on site traffic over time. If they signin and ignore the transaction thing long they should get a neg comment and a strike or something. If they keep doing it they should disable his selling feature or something. But new sites you got to tinker out all the bugs so sooner or later i hope it gets fixed.[/QUOTE]

We actually do have something in place to help with sellers who do not respond. If a seller does not respond they automatically lose status with the site. (You'll see your status on the right hand side of the page.) Once a seller reaches a zero status, their account is suspended. Sellers can lose status by not answering a buyer request or sending a bad game (or not sending a game at all). There are a few other ways to lose status, but these are the primary ways. Sellers who do not respond also have the game in question turned off from their games for sale.

[quote name='playswitch']We actually do have something in place to help with sellers who do not respond. If a seller does not respond they automatically lose status with the site. (You'll see your status on the right hand side of the page.) Once a seller reaches a zero status, their account is suspended. Sellers can lose status by not answering a buyer request or sending a bad game (or not sending a game at all). There are a few other ways to lose status, but these are the primary ways. Sellers who do not respond also have the game in question turned off from their games for sale.[/QUOTE]

Cool then the bad apples will be dropped in matter of time. :)

Ever think about giving an option to buy points or whatever?

playswitch: I read your comment about status and I'm very concerned about mine because I wait before printing and shipping.

Whenever I get matched, I send a message to that person telling them that I've been matched and I'll send soon. However, I wait a day or two to see if I get a reply before printing the label and shipping the game. This way I avoid people who have changed their mind or for whatever reason no longer want the game. I figure that eventhough I could print and ship sooner, if I run into someone who no longer wants the game, why go through the effort and the expense sending it since it's likely to cause problems.

My question is whether I'm losing status by waiting before printing the label and shipping. I want to be clear that I always print and ship before the 5 day deadline, I just give it 2-3 days after being notified of the trade before printing and shipping.

By the way, thanks for posting these replies, and I'm VERY happy with the new change making it easier to tell the point values and availability of games. SOOOOO much better than before.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Cool then the bad apples will be dropped in matter of time. :)

Ever think about giving an option to buy points or whatever?[/QUOTE]

Yes the bad apples get dropped quite quickly! :)

You can purchase points/sbucks any time. The option is located in the right column of the site. You'll see a header called My Sbucks, beside that is a green Buy button.

[quote name='Road4Kill']It keeps saying I get the 5 SB's but when I go to buy a game it says I have 0[/QUOTE]

Please click the "Enter Promo Code" button in the right column. Enter the promo code you received on that page and you should be all set!

[quote name='dchrisd']playswitch: I read your comment about status and I'm very concerned about mine because I wait before printing and shipping.

Whenever I get matched, I send a message to that person telling them that I've been matched and I'll send soon. However, I wait a day or two to see if I get a reply before printing the label and shipping the game. This way I avoid people who have changed their mind or for whatever reason no longer want the game. I figure that eventhough I could print and ship sooner, if I run into someone who no longer wants the game, why go through the effort and the expense sending it since it's likely to cause problems.

My question is whether I'm losing status by waiting before printing the label and shipping. I want to be clear that I always print and ship before the 5 day deadline, I just give it 2-3 days after being notified of the trade before printing and shipping.

By the way, thanks for posting these replies, and I'm VERY happy with the new change making it easier to tell the point values and availability of games. SOOOOO much better than before.[/QUOTE]

You're very welcome! I'm glad to help!

You have nothing to worry about at all! (I'm sure people appreciate the early message knowing there is an honest seller on the other end.) As long as you respond before the transaction auto-declines you will not lose any status. Status reduction is designed to keep the honest traders happy!

I'm also happy to hear you like the new changes (they were initially brought to our attention by CAG members... thank you!) We've been very impressed with the feedback and ideas we've received from the CAG community (in these forums and on our site)! Please keep them coming!

[quote name='playswitch']Please click the "Enter Promo Code" button in the right column. Enter the promo code you received on that page and you should be all set![/QUOTE]
I did and it said 5 SBucks (free game offer) but when I leave that page I have 0 sb

[quote name='Road4Kill']I did and it said 5 SBucks (free game offer) but when I leave that page I have 0 sb[/QUOTE]

you have to submit it like your buying points

seconded the site down, i was just on 2-3 mins ago and was able to signup for new account... currently cannot get on to activate/verify from email tho...

EDIT: Sometimes it will freeze up, tried clearing cookies/history as recommended...worked pretty well actually.. now to find a ps2 game.. Hunt on and gl all!

[quote name='1modernboy']Anyone else getting a site error?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the inconvenience. The site was down for a few hours for maintenance. Everything is back up now.

Finally recieved my game today but it didn't come with a manual and a specifically wanted a complete game.How do i note the seller didn't include a manual?

[quote name='Jay']Finally recieved my game today but it didn't come with a manual and a specifically wanted a complete game.How do i note the seller didn't include a manual?[/QUOTE]

If you receive a game that is missing items (based on the package), set the status to missing items and let the buyer know what was wrong. (You may then get a partial refund.) Set the status to your received game with the Set Status button beside the game on route. Let me know if you have any more questions.

If he doesn't confirm the shipment by then, three days after the d.c. is confirmed within the system, the trade is auto-closed in your favor and you get your points, I believe.

[quote name='bfauble83']I put like 5 cheap 360 games in my queue, nothing yet.[/QUOTE]

wait till i get my pts maybe i buy something off you : )

[quote name='slidecage']wait till i get my pts maybe i buy something off you : )[/QUOTE]

Nah, I"m trying to buy. Is there a way to tell how many copies of each game is available?

if ppl r looking for some good 5 point games i have quite a few

username: toomuchpie617

Xbox 1

FIFA Street 2
True Crimes Streets of LA
Winning Eleven Soccer 08
NBA Ballers
Stacked Poker
Burnout Revenge
NFL 2k5
Simpsons Hit & Run
NHL Rivals 2004
MVP Baseball 2005
The Sims Bustin Out

PS2

GT 3 A spec

Gamecube

WWE day of reckoning 2

PC

Mall Tycoon
LOTR War of the ring
Backyard Football 2004
Backyard baseball 2001
Tomb Raider: Last revelation

Just post your username and place a bid, if you message me before sunday, i'll mail it to you monday. thanks

We recently received a PM from a CAG member with a GREAT question. They asked "How do I post a link to members to see what games I am offering?". We had a long (very ugly) link that could be used, but it was far from optimal. So, based on that question, we have added a new section to user walls (in your profile) with links that can be used in forums, blogs, messages, etc... to point directly to your wall, your available games, or games you want.

My Wall: http://www.playSwitch.com//MyWall
My Haves: http://www.playSwitch.com//Have
My Wants: http://www.playSwitch.com//Want
(Your username replaces also... ditch the symbols)

Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming!

[quote name='slidecage']what happens if you get matched for a game and they never send it ..[/QUOTE]

We have MANY different safeguards in place to make sure that both buyers and sellers are safe. If a seller does not send the game the buyer will be reimbursed their sbucks.

Hi. I'm a HUGE fan of playSwitch! Do you think you'll have any shirts, hats, etc sometime in the future that I can buy so I can proudly show off your site?

Well, I finally got something for my 5 points. A game only copy of Secret Service for the PC. Half desperation, half something I would have picked up for a few bucks in store, so it works out. I just hope game only still means I get any code or key I might need to play it.

Personally, if I was running the site I'd probably be investing money into scouting the internets and local store for games to place into my own marketplace.

The reason being there are almost no games available on the site. Period. So I have no incentive as a trader to convert my games into playswitch currency because it would just be stuck there with nothing to purchase.

I even tried to find some games in the 10 sbuck range and I was willing to pay for another 5 sbucks but things are scarce there for the time being. Y'all ever consider doing a trade in program of sorts to stock up your marketplace with supply?

bread's done
Back