Please buy Darkwing Duck and Talespin tommorrow, if not the first week of release

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
The reason is that if you're interested, even a little tiny bit, please try and grab these shows ASAP this first week to show Disney the support is there. I don't want this to end up like another Gargoyles, where they release part of the show and people wait on it to buy it, and the rest of it never gets put out becase "demand isn't there".

In 2004, the tenth anniversary of its premiere, the first season of the series was released on DVD. The first half of the second season was released in December 2005.

As of June 30, 2006, Weisman announced at the Gargoyles Gathering Convention in Los Angeles, the release of Season 2, Volume 2 is in jeopardy. Wiseman has stated simply, "Volume 1 did not sell enough copies."

Pulled that off the Wikipedia, but I've heard that often enough to consider it true. I mean, Best Buy has that deal where both boxsets are $40, making it $20 per show for 24 episodes of each, which is awesome. Let's show Disney that the support is there, and not only will we get the rest of these shows on DVD but maybe other shows as well.

I was a huge Darkwing Duck fan back in the day, and it will be a travesty if the rest of the episodes never get put out.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']see I dont buy that it costs them a lot of money, hell the product is already made. I dont really see the pressing of dvds and the casing cost that much money. It just seems that they arent making enough money so they stopped making them.[/QUOTE]

I agree DVD sales are just more money on the cake. Just throw the DVDs in some keep cases and make a few DVDs. It shouldn't cost all that much.

Picked up Darkwing earlier today but not Tale Spin (wasnt a fan of it as a kid). Gonna start watching it tomorrow when I have the time.

Man, I used to watch DW Duck daily without fail...it was one of the more thought out cartoons...remember the Twin Peaks episodes titled Twin Beaks? Man, cartoons now suck...I'll be snagging these soon.

[quote name='JoeCamNet']
Darkwing Duck and TaleSpin look AWESOME sitting next to Chip & Dale and Duck Tales.[/quote]

Now THAT'S the kind of thing that could persuade me to go out and get a DVD. I love it when stuff looks awesome on the shelf. :bouncy:

sry for the double post... but how come no one ever mentions gummi bears? Is that show not as popular and I am the only one who loved it?

EDIT: IM DUMB! Didnt notice on deepdiscount that gummi bears was scheduled for a 11/14 release date... man im tired. Off to bed I go.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']sry for the double post... but how come no one ever mentions gummi bears? Is that show not as popular and I am the only one who loved it?

EDIT: IM DUMB! Didnt notice on deepdiscount that gummi bears was scheduled for a 11/14 release date... man im tired. Off to bed I go.[/QUOTE]
Yep, there's a trifecta planned for 11/14: Chip & Dale Season S2, Ducktales S2, and Gummi Bears S1-3. I'm thinking I want to pick up more of these toon Disney DVDs, definetly Gummi Bears and perhaps both seasons Chip & Dale and Ducktales as well. This fuckin' thread...

I bought Darkwing Duck and Talespin this morning. Watching these makes me want to go pick up DuckTales and Rescue Rangers, saw them for less than 20 bucks at my local target. They don't make TV shows like these anymore. Hopefully next comes a release of The Littles and that show about the kid who made wishes with his baseball mitt.

[quote name='Esperado']I bought Darkwing Duck and Talespin this morning. Watching these makes me want to go pick up DuckTales and Rescue Rangers, saw them for less than 20 bucks at my local target. They don't make TV shows like these anymore. Hopefully next comes a release of The Littles and that show about the kid who made wishes with his baseball mitt.[/QUOTE]

"Wishkid"

[quote name='Esperado']I bought Darkwing Duck and Talespin this morning. Watching these makes me want to go pick up DuckTales and Rescue Rangers, saw them for less than 20 bucks at my local target. They don't make TV shows like these anymore. Hopefully next comes a release of The Littles and that show about the kid who made wishes with his baseball mitt.[/QUOTE]

ALSO! Does anyone know if this is the price of the rescue ranges and ducktales at all targets!??!?!

[quote name='BasketCase1080']ALSO! Does anyone know if this is the price of the rescue ranges and ducktales at all targets!??!?![/QUOTE]

Yea, what the fuck, less than $20? I'm so there for Ducktales if this is true.

I went to a BB and they were sold out of DW and Talespin. I don't think we have to worry so much this time about these shows being released. I even saw Talespin and DW at Sam's Club today. I can't wait to own these. Where ever I go, I keep hearing people say how awesome these shows were and "they just don't make them like they used to" and all this nostalgia seaping forth. It's great! DW has brought me to reminisce so much about how awesome the show was, the same with Talespin. Man I loved these shows.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']ALSO! Does anyone know if this is the price of the rescue ranges and ducktales at all targets!??!?![/quote]

Yaeh, if this is the price then I was already planning on picking up some stuff from Target so I guess I'll just add these two to the list.

I doubt they're under $20 at all Targets, though it's possible. Online price is $25 and $30.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=8-1/qid=1156991545/ref=sr_8_1/602-4756880-7113442?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000AXWGRC

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=8-2/qid=1156991581/ref=sr_8_2/602-4756880-7113442?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000AXWGRM

Bah.. what is the deal with pilots not being included on these sets? Even though the box art claims they contain episodes 1-X, the description says the two and five episode premiers are not included.

Argh! My two closest Best Buys are sold out of Darkwing. I hope they get more by the weekend. I went in to get South Park S8, Tick Animated S1, Darkwing and Talespin. I ended up leaving with South Park. What a bummer of a day.

[quote name='botticus']I doubt they're under $20 at all Targets, though it's possible. Online price is $25 and $30.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=8-1/qid=1156991545/ref=sr_8_1/602-4756880-7113442?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000AXWGRC

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=8-2/qid=1156991581/ref=sr_8_2/602-4756880-7113442?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B000AXWGRM

Bah.. what is the deal with pilots not being included on these sets? Even though the box art claims they contain episodes 1-X, the description says the two and five episode premiers are not included.[/QUOTE]
Huh?

If you're talking about the two episode Darkwing pilot and the four (NOT five) episode pilot for Talespin, they're on the sets. I'm not sure where you're getting that from...:whistle2:?

If I misread that and you meant Ducktales and Rescue Rangers, the pilots will be on the Volume 2 sets that are due in November.

Well they were both sold out at my local Best Buy. The closest one that does have them in stock is like 45 minutes away. Does anyone know if I can just take the ad and PM it at CC? Has anyone tried this yet? Thanks in advance.

Unless the shelf tag hadn't been updated I specifically looked at Rescue Rangers and Ducktales at Target on Tuesday and they were both priced at $24.99. Usually Target prices (aside form clearance) are pretty standard but like I said it is possible that the tags at the Target I was at weren't updated.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Unless the shelf tag hadn't been updated I specifically looked at Rescue Rangers and Ducktales at Target on Tuesday and they were both priced at $24.99. Usually Target prices (aside form clearance) are pretty standard but like I said it is possible that the tags at the Target I was at weren't updated.[/QUOTE]

regardless Im headed to check tomorrow if these sets are marked down. Ducktales would be a nice double dip for both a dvd for passed as a christmas gift to my girlfriend since she loves the show! :)

[quote name='BasketCase1080']regardless Im headed to check tomorrow if these sets are marked down. Ducktales would be a nice double dip for both a dvd for passed as a christmas gift to my girlfriend since she loves the show! :)[/QUOTE]

Hell, I'm heading to another Target tomorrow myself!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Hell, I'm heading to another Target tomorrow myself![/QUOTE]

if they have them for the sales price could you pick me up a ducktales and rescue rangers? Ill do the same for you in case :)

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Huh?

If you're talking about the two episode Darkwing pilot and the four (NOT five) episode pilot for Talespin, they're on the sets. I'm not sure where you're getting that from...:whistle2:?

If I misread that and you meant Ducktales and Rescue Rangers, the pilots will be on the Volume 2 sets that are due in November.[/quote]
That's what I was referring to. Good to know they'll be on the second sets. Still silly though.

Well, I did my part and bought Talespin Volume 1. I'll be extremely pissed if they don't continue on with the entire series. If you're going to make a commitment to the first season of a series, at least have the decency to put out every season.

[quote name='Plinko']Well, I did my part and bought Talespin Volume 1. I'll be extremely pissed if they don't continue on with the entire series. If you're going to make a commitment to the first season of a series, at least have the decency to put out every season.[/quote]
Particularly when most of these cartoons did not air very long.

Just as an update, Darkwing Duck is sold out in the five closest Best Buy's in my area and Tale Spin is sold out in the two closest to me. I'd say they are doing pretty well (especially DD).

ARRRGGHGHHH

I have been waiting for these for months. I knew the release date and was all fired up and ready to go - HOW DO I MISS THE BEST BUY 2 for $40 deal??? arghhhhh

Matthew

[quote name='Ma12kez']Well they were both sold out at my local Best Buy. The closest one that does have them in stock is like 45 minutes away. Does anyone know if I can just take the ad and PM it at CC? Has anyone tried this yet? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

2 for $X deals are trickier to get PMed. Depends on who you get. Worth a shot if the Circuit City is close to you IMO. They could also call BB to verify stock, but that is very rare in my experience. (Had it happen once.)

[quote name='wubb']2 for $X deals are trickier to get PMed. Depends on who you get. Worth a shot if the Circuit City is close to you IMO. They could also call BB to verify stock, but that is very rare in my experience. (Had it happen once.)[/quote]
Everything is smoother if you just take the ad to the register. Not that I've ever had a problem on the few cases the cashier has had to call a manager to figure out how to do things anyway. I've PM'd 2/$X, B2G1F, the works.

[quote name='wubb']2 for $X deals are trickier to get PMed. Depends on who you get. Worth a shot if the Circuit City is close to you IMO. They could also call BB to verify stock, but that is very rare in my experience. (Had it happen once.)[/quote] Yeah I figured that it would be trickier since it's not exactly a "price" but a "deal." I guess it's worth a shot though. I'll stop by on my way home and see what happens.

[quote name='botticus']Everything is smoother if you just take the ad to the register. Not that I've ever had a problem on the few cases the cashier has had to call a manager to figure out how to do things anyway. I've PM'd 2/$X, B2G1F, the works.[/quote]
I just need to find the ad then I guess. Hopefully if it does work, they take 110% as well.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Unless the shelf tag hadn't been updated I specifically looked at Rescue Rangers and Ducktales at Target on Tuesday and they were both priced at $24.99. Usually Target prices (aside form clearance) are pretty standard but like I said it is possible that the tags at the Target I was at weren't updated.[/QUOTE]

I had this shit price scanned, they both came up to be $24.99... there is 15 minutes of my life I'm not getting back :(

Was all excited, too.

I found them both at Target but the Target employee said that they didn't pricematch (since 3 years ago). :bomb: I had a bestbuy ad on hand too.:cry:

Lame, went in to Target this morning to pick up Ducktales and Rescue Rangers. They were on this display with other dvd's claiming them to be 19.87 each. Went to the cashier and they scanned at 24.99. Asked the guy about it and he called some other person (presumably a manager of some sort) who basically told me that just because they put them in the display doesn't mean that its the set price and he even went so far as suggesting that I could have moved the dvds to the display. Walked out angrily, but I still want the DVDs :/ I'll probably wait until I'm almost finished with Talespin and Darkwing to shop for them again, but I'm thoroughly dissapointed :/

Score! I just got home from dinner with some friends, and I decided to check the Best Buy website to see if Darkwing Duck was in stock again yet. AND IT WAS! I jumped back in the car, bolted to the store and got Darkwing, Talespin, The Tick, and I even threw in the first season of MacGyver for $19.99, just because I was so happy. WOO HOO!

if anyone wants my copies of darkwing and talespin they can have em... in new condition and only watched one time. Let me know if interested. PM with offers. Ships immediately.

sold out everywhere and they [disney] will say "not enough demand"
how about - GET THEM OUT THERE AND WE WILL BUY THEM (sorry for the caps)

also, i think that if they are going to put out any episodes of a series that they are required to finish off the entire show, because otherwise people are just going to pirate the rest (dont condone, just saying it how it is)

they [corporations] need to stop being so greedy by releasing shows season by season (or in terms of anime, 3 episodes at a time, then rerelease it as a complete season, then release it again a year or two later) and its just as bad for dvd movies, ive seen some movies that have been released 3 and 4 times. how about the corporations STOP double-dipping and then we might have some more interest in what they DO release.

[sorry for the rant, im sure some of you have felt the same frustration]

I'm passing as a big 'F U' to Disney for the Duck Tales/Rescue Ranger releases.

1. Volume 1 was random episodes. I want to watch these in ORDER. There story arcs.
2. No Pilot episodes/tv movie? C'mon
3. FINISH off DuckTales/Rescue Rangers before going onto Darkwing Duck/TaleSpin. By doing this sales may be low enough that the Second, Third, Fourth 'Volumes' may never be released. Finish one, then start the other.

[quote name='gizmogc']I'm passing as a big 'F U' to Disney for the Duck Tales/Rescue Ranger releases.

1. Volume 1 was random episodes. I want to watch these in ORDER. There story arcs.
2. No Pilot episodes/tv movie? C'mon
3. FINISH off DuckTales/Rescue Rangers before going onto Darkwing Duck/TaleSpin. By doing this sales may be low enough that the Second, Third, Fourth 'Volumes' may never be released. Finish one, then start the other.[/QUOTE]
Are you just not paying attention? The pilots for DuckTales and Rescue Rangers will be included on the second sets for each. Yeah, this was a big goof-up, but they're correcting it. Quit your bitching. Also, the episodes *are* in order - syndication order.

I picked these up and enjoy the fact that they look decent and are in slim packs so that they don't take up tons of space!

I picked up both of them - Training my 2 kids up in the "right way." These are the way cartoons should be made. The current gen. cartoons just leave a lot to be desired.

Interesting to note: All 4 Disney cartoons have a father figure, and the "kids" are respectful to the father figure. There is a lot of love that is openingly shown between the "father figure" and kids.

Examples:
Ducktales - Scrooge/Donald and the 3 boys.
Rescue Rangers - Monty and everyone else.
Tale Spin - Balloo and the little boy.
Dark Wing Duck - Mallard and Goslin.

Also of note - While drawn to entice kids, the writing is very adult oriented. Most of the jokes are right over my kids heads, but they love the pictures/ and stories.

Great job disney.
Matthew

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Are you just not paying attention? The pilots for DuckTales and Rescue Rangers will be included on the second sets for each. Yeah, this was a big goof-up, but they're correcting it. Quit your bitching. Also, the episodes *are* in order - syndication order.[/QUOTE]

They are in RANDOM order, hence 'Volume 1' and not 'Season 1'.

Episode Guide: (Not including the first 5)
# 6. "Armstrong"
# 7. "Luck o' the Ducks"
# 8. "'Til Nephews Do Us Part"
# 9. "Nothing to Fear"
# 10. "The Duck in the Iron Mask"
# 11. "Much Ado about Scrooge"
# 12. "Spies in their Eyes"
# 13. "Dime Enough for Luck"
# 14. "Jungle Duck"
# 15. "Scroogerello"
# 16. "Top Duck"
# 17. "Bermuda Triangle Tangle"
# 18. "The Status Seeker"
# 19. "Sweet Duck of Youth"
# 20. "Magica's Shadow War"
# 21. "Launchpad's First Crash"
# 22. "Home Sweet Homer"
# 23. "Duck to the Future"
# 24. "Down and out in Duckburg"
# 25. "Dr Jekyll and Mr McDuck"
# 26. "Time Teasers"

(Episodes 27-30 are a 4 part mini-series)
# 27. "A Drain in the Economy"
# 28. "A Whale of a Bad Time"
# 29. "Aqua Ducks"
# 30. "Working for Scales"

# 31. "Merit-time Adventure"
# 32. "Ducky Horror Picture Show"
# 33. "The Golden Fleecing"
# 34. "Horse Scents"
# 35. "Duckworth's Revolt"
# 36. "Ducks of the West"
# 37. "The Pearl of Wisdom"
# 38. "Once upon a Dime"
# 39. "Dinosaur Ducks"
# 40. "Sphinx for the Memories"
# 41. "Double-O-Duck"
# 42. "Microducks from Outer Space"
# 43. "Robot Robbers"
# 44. "Send in the Clones"
# 45. "The Lost Crown of Genghis Khan"
# 46. "The Right Duck"
# 47. "Back in the Outback"
# 48. "Sir Gyro de Gearloose"
# 49. "Raiders of the Lost Harp"
# 50. "Where No Duck Has Gone Before"
# 51. "All Ducks on Deck"
# 52. "The Curse of Castle McDuck"
# 53. "Superdoo!"
# 54. "Earthquack"

(Episode 55 is two stories in one regular half-hour episode)
# 55. "Magica's Magic Mirror/Take Me out of the Ballgame"

# 56. "Scrooge's Pet"
# 57. "The Money Vanishes"
# 58. "Back to the Klondike"
# 59. "Master of the Djinni"
# 60. "Launchpad's Civil War"
# 61. "Hero for Hire"
# 62. "Maid of the Myth"
# 63. "Hotel Strangeduck"
# 64. "Duckman of Aquatraz"
# 65. "The Uncrashable Hindentanic"

(Episodes 66-100 were produced for the 1989-1990 season)

(Episodes 66-70 are a 5 part mini-series)
# 66. "Marking Time"
# 67. "The Duck Who Would Be King"
# 68. "Bubba Trubba"
# 69. "Ducks on the Lam"
# 70. "Ali Bubba's Cave"

# 71. "Attack of the 50-foot Webby"
# 72. "Ducky Mountain High"
# 73. "Yuppy Ducks"
# 74. "The Bride Wore Stripes"
# 75. "Bubbeo and Juliet"
# 76. "The Good Muddahs"
# 77. "Bubba's Big Brainstorm"
# 78. "Beaglemania"
# 79. "The Golden Goose, part one"
# 80. "The Golden Goose part two"

(Episodes 81-85 are a 5 part mini-series)
# 81. "Liquid Assets"
# 82. "Frozen Assets"
# 83. "Full Metal Duck"
# 84. "The Billionaire Beagle Boys Club"
# 85. "Money to Burn"

# 86. "Metal Attraction"
# 87. "A Case of Mistaken Secret Identity"
# 88. "New Gizmo-kids on the Block"
# 89. "The Unbreakable Bin"
# 90. "Dough Ray Me"
# 91. "The Masked Mallard"
# 92. "Scrooge's Last Adventure"
# 93. "A Ducktales Valentine"
# 94. "Blue Collar Scrooge"
# 95. "Allowance Day"
# 96. "The Land of Tra-la-la"
# 97. "My Mother, the Psychic"
# 98. "The Big Flub"
# 99. "The Duck Who Knew Too Much"
# 100. "Attack of the Metal Mites"

The DVD:1) "Send In The Clones" (44)
2) "Sphinx For The Memories" (40)
3) "Where No Duck Has Gone Before" (50)
4) "Armstrong" (6)
5) "Robot Robbers" (43)
6) "Magica's Shadow War" (20)
7) "Master Of The Djinni" (59)
8) "Hotel Strangeduck" (63)
9) "The Lost Crown Of Genghis Khan" (45)
10) "Duckman of Aquatraz" (64)
11) "The Money Vanishes" (57)
12) "Sir Gyro de Gearloose" (48)
13) "Dinosaur Ducks" (39)
14) "Hero For Hire" (61)
15) "Superdoo!" (53)
16) "Maid Of The Myth" (62)
17) "Down And Out In Duckberg" (24)
18) "Much Ado About Scrooge" (11)
19) "Top Duck" (16)
20) "The Pearl Of Wisdom" (37)
21) "The Curse Of Castle McDuck" (52)
22) "Launchpad's Civil War" (60)
23) "Sweet Duck Of Youth" (19)
24) "Earthquack" (54)
25) "Home Sweet Homer" (22)
26) "Bermuda Triangle Tangle" (17)
27) "Microducks From Outer Space" (42)

Take a look at that list. They are no where even CLOSE to being in proper order. The problem is the storys do not flow together well. They jump all over the place.

bread's done
Back