Please Lock This Thread, No Longer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']thread already made about it..seems it fixed Recently Played Games issues on the friends list, mic issues with the wired mic and wireless controller combo, and 1080p resolution for movies.[/quote]

so, they fixed the problem that fuct my gears save? thats nice of them, too bad it wasnt last week.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']What issues were there with the wired mic and wireless controllers?[/quote]I dunno, the mic sucked in general but I'm guessing it had something to do with echo-ing problems and feedback in general. Maybe they made them louder, too. Someone who's got the update and is using the normal mic with a wireless controller give feedback on any subtle differences from before and now.

I've posted this on various forums, can't seem to get an answer:
I can't seem to hear certain people, even on my friends list! They have everything plugged in and he can talk to others, but for some reason, I can't hear him and he can't hear me. When i invite to private chat, it says joining for a period of time then it just disappears off the channel list. When we play RB6, i can talk to and hear everyone fine in the channel..but not him. Any help? The fight is never over.

So basically, i can't hear or talk to him but i can hear majority of others FINE. He can't hear me too. Any help/suggestions?

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Check your NAT settings, sounds like your connections are interfering with each other[/quote]

NAT says open, is this good or bad? (this is after doing the xbox live connection test.)

[quote name='Tokubetsu']I've posted this on various forums, can't seem to get an answer:
I can't seem to hear certain people, even on my friends list! They have everything plugged in and he can talk to others, but for some reason, I can't hear him and he can't hear me. When i invite to private chat, it says joining for a period of time then it just disappears off the channel list. When we play RB6, i can talk to and hear everyone fine in the channel..but not him. Any help? The fight is never over.

So basically, i can't hear or talk to him but i can hear majority of others FINE. He can't hear me too. Any help/suggestions?[/quote]I get that too with a couple of my friends. What I usually do is reset my router by turning it on/off (I use a wireless router so I just turn the power switch on/off). If it doesn't work the first time, do it again and give it a couple minutes. Sounds like an odd way of fixing it, but whenever we can't talk to each other, my friends and I do this and it works like a charm. Hope this somewhat helps.

Got it working with one of my friends. It was something on his side (his nat was moderate not open, so he configured his router correctly and that solved it). Thanks for the help!

Is there a way to remove games you played from your History?My bud played GRAW on my 360 and I want it off since it's not my game.

Ok I'm back with yet more questions :)

I want a nicer TV, but funds make me mad.

I get an extra weeks pay in my next paycheck and I want to buy this for myself for Christmas.
http://www.outlet.philips.com/b2c_r...00000000828BD472&scenario=catalog&shop=OUTLET

I read in the Shopping forum that it's pretty good and that price makes me happy.
It says HD Ready..so, what exactly is it that I would need to make this into an HDTV? Well of course, how would this go with my 360? Would I use the cables it came with? (the red/green/blue) [sadly, I'm using white, red, yellow]. Also, a bit off topic--with this TV, I would have to find component cables for my Wii--correct?

My mic has sucked sack since I've opened it. I don't understand it, it's always making fuzzy noises every time I slightly move it, and it makes everyone I'm playing with hear themselves twice.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']My mic has sucked sack since I've opened it. I don't understand it, it's always making fuzzy noises every time I slightly move it, and it makes everyone I'm playing with hear themselves twice.[/QUOTE]

hearing themselves twice makes me think you may hav eyour tv on too loud

[quote name='jlarlee']hearing themselves twice makes me think you may hav eyour tv on too loud[/quote]

I don't... I appreciate the help, but believe me, I've tried everything. I've come to the conclusion that it sucks, and it's broken.

But thanks anyway!

[quote name='lilboo']Anyone know? My question is now on page 27..[/quote]HD Ready means you can't set up an antenna and pick up the HD signals and watch it. You'll need an HD Tuner to watch HD television content. It'll work with your 360 out of the box though as it has component cables (red, green, and blue), though that set you linked only supports 480p and 1080i. And yes, you will need to find a component cable for your Wii.

Okay what's going on here... after getting the Live update, I can't play a 2-player game of UMK3! When I press "A" on the second controller, it prompts me to sign into Live again. If I press "B," the game just advances one frame and then prompts me again, so I can't cancel out. If I press "A" to sign in again, I get booted back to the UMK3 title screen, with the select screen music still playing in the background! I tried restarting the xbox and starting with Player 2, but either way, as soon as another player joins in, I get all this weirdness!

Has this happened to anyone else? I was able to do a normal 2-player game before. Last time I did that was before the Live update.

EDIT: Never mind, I made an extra guest profile and used that to sign in Player 2. It was just confusing, because I could swear I did 2 Players before without it ever asking for a guest account...

Can anyone reccomend a good mic? I don't have problems with mine but my little brother plays on live constantly and goes through these crappy mics like water. I was thinking about getting him a more durable mic for xmas but I don't know what to get. I saw that target carries a platronics one that looks a lot like the halo 2 one for the original xbox. It's only $30 and I've heard good things about platronics. If anyone has any mic suggestions I would really appreciate the help.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Can anyone reccomend a good mic? I don't have problems with mine but my little brother plays on live constantly and goes through these crappy mics like water. I was thinking about getting him a more durable mic for xmas but I don't know what to get. I saw that target carries a platronics one that looks a lot like the halo 2 one for the original xbox. It's only $30 and I've heard good things about platronics. If anyone has any mic suggestions I would really appreciate the help.[/quote]

buy the headset adapter and then plug any headset you want into it....

http://www.amazon.com/Intec-DUS0166-I-Xbox-Headset-Adapter/dp/B000FUG5V8

[quote name='exileinoblivion']cool, thanks. I still need headset ideas though for which ones are sturdy and will last awhile.[/quote]

with that adapter you can use the original xbox headsets as well as cell phone headsets.....it all comes down to personal preference

[quote name='AI03']really quick question:

can you use 360 controllers to play regular xbox games? Thanks![/quote]
That's the only way to play backwards compatible games. You can't use the original controller on the 360, and vice versa.

[quote name='Malik112099']with that adapter you can use the original xbox headsets as well as cell phone headsets.....it all comes down to personal preference[/quote]

I understand that, but I'm asking if anyone knows of any sturdy headsets. My little brother tends to break his often and I need a pair that will hold up for him.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I understand that, but I'm asking if anyone knows of any sturdy headsets. My little brother tends to break his often and I need a pair that will hold up for him.[/quote]

i had a $5 madcatz earpiece that held up really well.....my friend's 11 year old is still using it

[quote name='jlarlee']cranking my 360 up Friday can any new buyers tell me how long it took to patch and setup their system[/quote]

How long it takes to download the dashboard updates and actually set it up?

5 minutes.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']At 576 replies, time for a new thread?[/quote]Neverrrrr :lol:

there's really no reason to get rid of this one, is there? especially when the Gears thread has twice as many replies..

Anyone stream from their pc to the 360? does this work for WMV files only or can any file be used if it is done through media center?

[quote name='jlarlee']Anyone stream from their pc to the 360? does this work for WMV files only or can any file be used if it is done through media center?[/QUOTE]

For video, yes, WMV only.

[quote name='jlarlee']Anyone stream from their pc to the 360? does this work for WMV files only or can any file be used if it is done through media center?[/QUOTE]I use media streaming but I haven't tried WMV's yet. But it's awesome with MP3s. Just keep in mind that if you are using Internet Connection Sharing with some devices (such as a DS Wi-Fi adaptor), it may interfere with your Media Sharing setup. My 360 couldn't see my PC until I unplugged my DS Wi-Fi. I figure there must be a way to get them to coexist, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Hi everyone. I have a question. I just a 360 just a week ago and I'm having a small problem. Everytime I turn it on from a cold boot (i.e. it's been off a good while) it won't display anything. I have to turn it off then wait a few seconds then turn it back on and then it will display correctly. I've double and triple checked my connections and nothing's amiss. Is this a known problem? Is it just an annoyance or can it lead to something more serious? Is my 360 exchange material? Thanks! :)

Does this deserve it's own thread... only with pics. But Troy Smith, Brady Quinn, and Darren McFadden are playing 360 before their Heisman introductions. Useless fact of the day...

Pretty big update: Updated the links to other threads, added the link to the CAGwiki version of this thread that was just completed (although it still needs minor tweaks), updated PlayAsia and 360 bundle deals, and updated the Games, Arcade, and Accessories list up to the current date.

[quote name='pentapenguin']Hi everyone. I have a question. I just a 360 just a week ago and I'm having a small problem. Everytime I turn it on from a cold boot (i.e. it's been off a good while) it won't display anything. I have to turn it off then wait a few seconds then turn it back on and then it will display correctly. I've double and triple checked my connections and nothing's amiss. Is this a known problem? Is it just an annoyance or can it lead to something more serious? Is my 360 exchange material? Thanks! :)[/quote]

Mine did the same thing for three months.. now my drive went out. Exchange it now.

Okay, I need help with this headset. I cant get it to seem to work. I plug in and then I turn the button to the right, volume is up and I cant hear a thing. In GOW i can switch on and off and the icon shows it. Now In Graw if i switch on and off it wont show it. I cant hear anybody talking either. Do I have to change my settings or what.

I couldn't find anything in this thread about after market component cables. Has anyone bought them? (ex. monster cable, psyclone etc) If you did purchase them what are your thoughts? Did you see a improvement over the microsoft component cables? I'm starting to see deals on these third party cables and wanted to know if they are worth the purchase.

[quote name='ncibob']I couldn't find anything in this thread about after market component cables. Has anyone bought them? (ex. monster cable, psyclone etc) If you did purchase them what are your thoughts? Did you see a improvement over the microsoft component cables? I'm starting to see deals on these third party cables and wanted to know if they are worth the purchase.[/quote]
I've been curious about this too. I think I might have to pick up a Monster Cable after reading this review:

[quote name='Teamxbox']If you are using the Microsoft’s Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable in your home theatre setup and thought games looked really good on your HDTV, you won’t believe how much the visuals can improve when using the GameLink 360 Component A/V Cable. It’s like someone ran a couple of Photoshop filters and tweaked brightness and contrast ratios.
The GameLink 360 Component Video A/V Cable is definitely the best component video cable for the Xbox 360 and if you own a large screen HDTV, this Monster Cable is a must. You won’t believe what a difference it makes until you use the GameLink 360 Component Video A/V Cable.

We know it costs as much as a third-party game, but believe us; this cable is worth every cent of those $60. In dark corridors and too bright daylight scenes, this cable can make the difference between killing your enemy or being shot. [/quote]
http://hardware.teamxbox.com/reviews/xbox-360/53/Monster-Cable-GameLink-360-Component-Video-AV-Cable/p2/

Where did you see deals on the Monster one, I want one now.

How long did it take you guys to recieve the service contract from Microsoft after sending away for the warranty? I sent mine in October and have yet to hear back from them. They cashed the check, so I know it got there.

[quote name='bortle']How long did it take you guys to recieve the service contract from Microsoft after sending away for the warranty? I sent mine in October and have yet to hear back from them. They cashed the check, so I know it got there.[/QUOTE]

Well this should make you feel better. I payed for mine over the phone at the first of August and have still not received mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back