78 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm
(Homepage)

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/page/faq/
(LionGames.com FAQ)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137095
(Old Thread)

http://www.liongames.com/preorder-august07.cfm
(New August Deals: Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero 3 Bundle, Guitar Hero 3 Game, Super Mario Galaxy

FAQ

EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!! If you want to change anything or ask a question PLEASE EMAIL TONY.
[email protected]
[email protected]

0) How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. I honestly dont know how long this one takes
If you buy two games that get shipped together he automatically upgrade to priority.

1) When will games like GTA 4 and Halo 3 ship out?
Both of those games will ship on or one day before street date because they are street dated titles which means I(Tony) should have mine at least one day early. I would pay for priority mail. It is fairly quick. As fast as two day cross country sometimes.

2) When I trade in games to lower the price, will I get the trade in credit as well?
Yes. Not only do you get the trade in credit, you will also get the lower price depending on the number of trades(Limit three per game to lower the price). Games must be worth at least $10 trade in credit. Basically, you get the lowered price and store credit

3) Is this site reputable?
Yes. There have been two threads each reaching 30+ pages and many people have bought used and new games from him. Everyone has been happy with their purchases. If something does go wrong, you can email Tony and he will help you to make your purchase better.

4) How are these considered deals if the shipping is $5
Ok. First there is NO tax. That saves you about $4. Then if you trade in games towards your purchase it will lower the price $5 more(if they are worth $10). Used games are about $20 below EB/GS for newer games. So at $5 saveings per game if you bought 5 games a year thats at least $30 savings

5) Where does Tony ship from?

Lion Games
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098

Phone: 860-738-4336

Email: [email protected]

6) How can liongames.com make money with such low prices?
Instead of advertising, Tony is offering lowered prices and excellent customer service in hopes that you will come back and tell others via forum or word of mouth. He mainly makes money on used games and he has an actual store in CT to further bring in money

7) Who are you? I've never heard of LionGames.com

LionGames.com is a subsidiary of Age of Video II located in Torrington and Winsted Conn. The addresses are as follows:

Age of Video II
1151 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
860-496-1798

Age of Video II
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098
860-738-4336

We have been running Age of Video II in Torrington from 1987-present and our Winsted store 1991-present. As you can see we are no strangers to the retail environment.

8) I have purchased game(s) and sold game(s) on the same invoice. What happens now?
Since the game(s) you sold us reduced the total of your invoice, we cannot send you your game(s) until we received the game(s) you sold to us. Mail your games as quickly as possible to.

Lion Games
120 Willow street
Winsted CT

9) I want to buy a game(s) and sell you a game(s) and I want the game(s) I buy right away.
In this case do 2 separate invoices. One for the purchases and one for the game(s) you are selling us. This way we don’t have to wait for your games to get to us before we send you the one you purchased.

10) Am I allowed to trade in so many games that Lion Games will owe me money?
Sure!!! You can even just sell us games without buying one yourself. If you want to sell us more then 10 games, shoot us an email first.

11) Will I be guaranteed the price Lion Games quoted me for my game?
As long as you represent the game condition that you are selling us accurately, we guarantee the price we quoted you on our website. Lion Games noticed some of our competitors have reserved their right to reduce the game(s) after they’ve received the game(s), if they feel the market has changed. We don’t do that. We also don’t put bogus prices on our website. We take a straight forward no nonsense approach to doing business. The only other thing we ask is for you to mail your game(s) to us within 5 business days.

12) An example of a trade-in scenario:

Metroid Prime is $34.99 with 2 trade-ins

Trade in Shadowrun for $25 and Fantastic 4 for $15 would give you $40 credit.

MP is $34.99 (with 2 trades) + $6.50 USPS priority - $40 credit would leave you with a balance due of $1.49.

13)When do I pay off my balance?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is about one month from the release date. Tony will send out an email stating when certain deals are ending and when your balance will need to be payed off

14) How do I upgrade my shipping?

If anyone wants to upgrade their shipping from first class to priority then you can just paypal me $1.50 to [email protected] Please include your invoice number in the comment section. It is $1.50 per game. Also after i make the change your invoice will still read first class but the amount that you actaully paid will be different and the amount paid for shipping is what i look at when i determine first class or priority.

Tony I hope you dont mind that I took some answers and question from your site

[quote name='Kapwanil']If you're starting college you will have more than enough time to slaughter Halo 3, Bioshock, and Mass Effect along with Madden 2008 if all of those titles strike you. Freshman year is usually ridiculously easy.

Of course, do check the attendance policies of your classes before you start missing any. Unfortunately, a lot of my own students fail to do this and despite the fact that I bring it up weekly, some students end up either nearly failing the class or totally fail the class just because they haven't shown up.

And if you're further on in your schooling, such as Junior/Senior year or grad school...well, you are already at the point where you can either get your gaming in or you can't. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all counts. I rarely miss classes (and the ones I do usually have something to do with the 8 AM start time... something I'm avoiding here in my senior year). But there is tons of time for me to game, even with classes and 2 jobs.

Wow, when I was in college I spent most of my time reading. Tons and tons of reading. But then again back in those days all I had was an xbox, ps2, and gameboy. There weren't any killer games (at least for me). Now I have too many games and no time to play.

Tony just wondering why your website was updated with a bunch of games but they are all reagular price. Some are even $60. Did you just update the site to get the stuff on their and then later on fix it or what?

Well I sent my Ncaa 2008 in and will get madden on Fri or sat hopefully. I just wish Tony would have kept the Bioshock price. After I played the demo I wanted the game but I wasnt so sure before hand

Im a comm major in college entering my last semester. By seeing what im bringing to school you can tell what I spend most of my time doing: Macbook pro, 27inch hdtv, xbox 360, ps2, assorted cooking things, clothes. Yeah im going to be very upset when my days don't consist of waking up, deciding what to play during the day and where to party at night. Oh and my gpa is a 3.7

[quote name='mvp828']Sven, is this your first year?? I am guessing it is, because you have it all wrong... You will have more time than ever before. I thought the same thing at first last year when I started my freshman year of college...

and then my hall had 16 player GRAW tourneys all day on Thursdays and Fridays. lol[/QUOTE]

This wasn't the case for me at all. I've got a lot more time now that I'm working. (Plus...err...he he )

Just gotta schedule your self good, my gaming time is looking upward this coming term, no Tuesday classes, done at 2 on Thursday, and then off Fri., Sat. and Sun.

[quote name='mvp828']Just gotta schedule your self good, my gaming time is looking upward this coming term, no Tuesday classes, done at 2 on Thursday, and then off Fri., Sat. and Sun.[/quote]

I remember back when I was in college, classes were available as either Mon, Wed, Fri (45 min sessions) or Tue, Thurs (~65 min sessions).

Of course, I picked all Tue/Thurs classes so I'd have Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat off. Ah, those were the days. :drool:

getting back on track here, I'm thinking of sending in Red Steel (was a b-day present), and Trauma Center:SO for the Wii. Did you guys send it first class or Media mail?

[quote name='slickkill77']Tony just wondering why your website was updated with a bunch of games but they are all reagular price. Some are even $60. Did you just update the site to get the stuff on their and then later on fix it or what?

Well I sent my Ncaa 2008 in and will get madden on Fri or sat hopefully. I just wish Tony would have kept the Bioshock price. After I played the demo I wanted the game but I wasnt so sure before hand[/quote]

Slick.

I updated the games just to get them into the system. I need to edit them now and adjust some of the prices. my computer guy and I are hoping to get some new specials up by thursday or friday. We were shooting for wednesday but neither one of us is ready for that.

tony, with all the commosion of toys r us and potentially gamestop breaking bioshock street date today/tmrw, and people posting proof of ownership, is there any possibility you got in your shipment already and may be sending em out early?

[quote name='UberCAG']tony, with all the commosion of toys r us and potentially gamestop breaking bioshock street date today/tmrw, and people posting proof of ownership, is there any possibility you got in your shipment already and may be sending em out early?[/quote]

My distributor doesnt even have them in stock yet so they havent been sent to me. Even If i had them I would never break street date just because some one else did. I would need permission from the publisher in order to break street.

[quote name='R0wdi']Good news on the new specials, could you tell us which games they are gonna be for?[/quote]

Ace combat 6, Guitar hero and I think super mario galaxy

[quote name='liongames']Ace combat 6, Guitar hero and I think super mario galaxy[/QUOTE]

Sold, Sold, and Sold. Well, at least the last 2.

Haha, thanks for the advice fellas. You're probably right and I'll probably have a ton of time on my hands, I'm just not sure what to expect from the whole experience yet. As I said, I might not have time for games. :lol:

But anyways, I'm looking forward to BioShock. I have heard nothing but good things about it and I think it'll be a good game to start college with. :D

Wow I love the customer service. Just thought I ould say that. he let me cancel an order and just get store credit for the money I paid rather than going through the whole paypal thing again

[quote name='slickkill77']Wow I love the customer service. Just thought I ould say that. he let me cancel an order and just get store credit for the money I paid rather than going through the whole paypal thing again[/QUOTE]

agreed.

new line for turning down pre-orders at EB/GS-- "sorry, I order at liongames.com...you should check it out some time." I've had a few employees tell me they would. Feels good to turn an employees against their own store :lol:

Question for liongames employees-- any chance you guys will start carrying DS and PSP titles?

[quote name='sventhebruin']Haha, thanks for the advice fellas. You're probably right and I'll probably have a ton of time on my hands, I'm just not sure what to expect from the whole experience yet. As I said, I might not have time for games. :lol:[/quote]
If you're lucky you'll find some gamers. In that case, friends, gaming, and work all come together in a wonderful little setting such as...oh, what we had:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dalangalma/234310605/in/pool-boss2/

Not too shabby. We weren't a club or anything, just everyone who loved games who happened to be on the same dorm floor. Oh, and that setup (not counting systems since we already owned them) cost us around $150...yes, including that 40" monstrosity of a monitor.

Er...off-topic, much. Back on topic, if Guitar Hero 3 is going to be one of the next deals I think I may have to jump on that one. Keep up the fantastic work, Tony! I can't stop recommending the site enough at this point!

[quote name='kklems']Do you leave some games off your sell list on purpose or are these obmissions?

Transformers for Wii
Nascar '08 for PS3[/quote]

Not on purpose. I am working backwards to fill in the games i missed. This week my main duty is preparing the bioshock preorders so hopefully by the end of next week i will have all the missed games on the website.

[quote name='Magic_Knight']I already have 2 games on order, but I was cusious: how close to release date does lion games tend to ship their games?[/quote]

My guess Bioshock will ship on tuesday. my distributor will have to get his games in by tommorow for me to have a shot to ship one day early. My guess is halo 3 will ship one day before street date as Microsoft is much better then take 2 on getting product to my distributor on a timely basis. I have another phone call into Take 2 to express my concern that Toys R Us had their product early enough to break street date by a week and my distributor doesnt even have it yet. My distributor is a very big company also. So I don't see why Take 2 doesnt make sure everyone gets the game at the same time.
I think Toys R us will Pay big time for the street date violation.

As of 3pm on the 15th your site says Two Worlds for the 360 is "available now," but the release date is the 21st. I called the number listed on your site to confirm and the guy who answered said that must be a mistake. Did you move it from "Coming Soon" to "New Releases" by accident, or do you really have them in stock ready to ship?

Thanks.

BTW: The deals on the site looks great. I'll definitely be visiting your site before hitting Ebay from now on.

Tony I am not going to make a new thread yet. Although we are getting to that point soon enough. For now I will just update the op and thread name

[quote name='Pravus']I am waiting for the Ace Combat Flight Stick combo as well :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. I was going to pre-order from Amazon last week but if Lion is carrying it, I'd rather order from them.

I think I might be in for GH3 . . . that's definitely a great deal...I considered Mario Galaxy...but FV was a bit cheaper (sorry!)

[quote name='tinyandi']I think I might be in for GH3 . . . that's definitely a great deal...I considered Mario Galaxy...but FV was a bit cheaper (sorry!)[/quote]

I wouldnt consider FV cheaper rather then you are getting less. I might be a buck more but you get first class shipping with delivery confirmation. my guess that is worth more then a buck for media mail with no delivery confirmation.

LG, any idea how much trade in credit MP3 would be worth when it comes out? I'm getting it, but I'm not sure I'll like it or not.

Hmm. Really considering Guitar Hero Wii Bundle and Mario Galaxy, but I can't seem to find shipping charges or if you charge tax or not. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Rocko']Hmm. Really considering Guitar Hero Wii Bundle and Mario Galaxy, but I can't seem to find shipping charges or if you charge tax or not. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

First page. Shipping charges$5- $8

That applies to the Guitar Hero bundle as well?

Also, above it is stated "I might be a buck more" than FamilyVideo, which is $1 shipping. You can see my confusion, I assume.

From the OP:

4) How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. I honestly dont know how long this one takes

Too bad they don't discount on multiple items. I put two games in mah basket and the shipping doubled. :p

I don't believe they charge tax unless you live in the state they're operating out of.

Unfortunately, shipping really cuts into the deal for me. It's still a little of a savings, though, so I may just go for it still, although I don't like pre-paying.

Edit: Doh, I too lazy to read. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back