78 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm
(Homepage)

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/page/faq/
(LionGames.com FAQ)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137095
(Old Thread)

http://www.liongames.com/preorder-august07.cfm
(New August Deals: Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero 3 Bundle, Guitar Hero 3 Game, Super Mario Galaxy

FAQ

EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!! If you want to change anything or ask a question PLEASE EMAIL TONY.
[email protected]
[email protected]

0) How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. I honestly dont know how long this one takes
If you buy two games that get shipped together he automatically upgrade to priority.

1) When will games like GTA 4 and Halo 3 ship out?
Both of those games will ship on or one day before street date because they are street dated titles which means I(Tony) should have mine at least one day early. I would pay for priority mail. It is fairly quick. As fast as two day cross country sometimes.

2) When I trade in games to lower the price, will I get the trade in credit as well?
Yes. Not only do you get the trade in credit, you will also get the lower price depending on the number of trades(Limit three per game to lower the price). Games must be worth at least $10 trade in credit. Basically, you get the lowered price and store credit

3) Is this site reputable?
Yes. There have been two threads each reaching 30+ pages and many people have bought used and new games from him. Everyone has been happy with their purchases. If something does go wrong, you can email Tony and he will help you to make your purchase better.

4) How are these considered deals if the shipping is $5
Ok. First there is NO tax. That saves you about $4. Then if you trade in games towards your purchase it will lower the price $5 more(if they are worth $10). Used games are about $20 below EB/GS for newer games. So at $5 saveings per game if you bought 5 games a year thats at least $30 savings

5) Where does Tony ship from?

Lion Games
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098

Phone: 860-738-4336

Email: [email protected]

6) How can liongames.com make money with such low prices?
Instead of advertising, Tony is offering lowered prices and excellent customer service in hopes that you will come back and tell others via forum or word of mouth. He mainly makes money on used games and he has an actual store in CT to further bring in money

7) Who are you? I've never heard of LionGames.com

LionGames.com is a subsidiary of Age of Video II located in Torrington and Winsted Conn. The addresses are as follows:

Age of Video II
1151 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
860-496-1798

Age of Video II
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098
860-738-4336

We have been running Age of Video II in Torrington from 1987-present and our Winsted store 1991-present. As you can see we are no strangers to the retail environment.

8) I have purchased game(s) and sold game(s) on the same invoice. What happens now?
Since the game(s) you sold us reduced the total of your invoice, we cannot send you your game(s) until we received the game(s) you sold to us. Mail your games as quickly as possible to.

Lion Games
120 Willow street
Winsted CT

9) I want to buy a game(s) and sell you a game(s) and I want the game(s) I buy right away.
In this case do 2 separate invoices. One for the purchases and one for the game(s) you are selling us. This way we don’t have to wait for your games to get to us before we send you the one you purchased.

10) Am I allowed to trade in so many games that Lion Games will owe me money?
Sure!!! You can even just sell us games without buying one yourself. If you want to sell us more then 10 games, shoot us an email first.

11) Will I be guaranteed the price Lion Games quoted me for my game?
As long as you represent the game condition that you are selling us accurately, we guarantee the price we quoted you on our website. Lion Games noticed some of our competitors have reserved their right to reduce the game(s) after they’ve received the game(s), if they feel the market has changed. We don’t do that. We also don’t put bogus prices on our website. We take a straight forward no nonsense approach to doing business. The only other thing we ask is for you to mail your game(s) to us within 5 business days.

12) An example of a trade-in scenario:

Metroid Prime is $34.99 with 2 trade-ins

Trade in Shadowrun for $25 and Fantastic 4 for $15 would give you $40 credit.

MP is $34.99 (with 2 trades) + $6.50 USPS priority - $40 credit would leave you with a balance due of $1.49.

13)When do I pay off my balance?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is about one month from the release date. Tony will send out an email stating when certain deals are ending and when your balance will need to be payed off

14) How do I upgrade my shipping?

If anyone wants to upgrade their shipping from first class to priority then you can just paypal me $1.50 to [email protected] Please include your invoice number in the comment section. It is $1.50 per game. Also after i make the change your invoice will still read first class but the amount that you actaully paid will be different and the amount paid for shipping is what i look at when i determine first class or priority.

Tony I hope you dont mind that I took some answers and question from your site

[quote name='berkelium97']Has anyone who requested UPS shipping for Bioshock received a tracking number yet? Or know when we will receive the tracking number?[/quote] Just updated them a minute ago. they all shipped yesterday and all ups customers should have them by tommorow. a few lucky ones got them today!

I just got an email too! It says my order shipped Monday. It looks like it will be arriving tomorrow. Unfortunately, I recently had a change of address, so I'll have to tack on another day for it to get to me. Looks like I'll be playing it Thursday or Friday. Can't wait.

EDIT: Beaten by Tony.

Hey Tony... do you accept trade-ins for Guitar Hero 2 for 360 w/o the guitar? I have a sealed copy of it (I got it for the extra guitar..so I have an extra game)

[quote name='jollydwarf']I assume that the USPS tracking number sent in the "Shipped" email producing Electronic Shipping Info Received on the USPS site means that there is no physical package yet for that particular order?

P.S. Were the ones shipped today just based on chance, or was there some prioritization involved? I ask because I preordered it and "paid in full" back on February 21st.[/quote]

most orders that went out today were the priority ones. The ups ones actually shipped one day before street date.

[quote name='lilboo']Hey Tony... do you accept trade-ins for Guitar Hero 2 for 360 w/o the guitar? I have a sealed copy of it (I got it for the extra guitar..so I have an extra game)[/quote] we might be able to work something out shoot me an email towards the end of the week.

Tony

[quote name='liongames']we might be able to work something out shoot me an email towards the end of the week.

Tony[/QUOTE]

Will do--Thanks a lot!

I'm not part of the "almost everyone" crowd :(

I have yet to receive that notification of shipment email nor a tracking #

[quote name='traveler']Tony lives in the EST Zone.[/QUOTE]

I was just being sarcastic about the whole today vs tomorrow thing. Oh well, I'm sure everyone's game is well on its way by now.

[quote name='R0wdi']Could someone clear this up for me real quick. So, from what I understood, Tony did ship copies today but only a few, is that right? And if that is true, how can you tell if you got your copy shipped?

Thanks[/quote]

I shipped everything I got today which was 1/3 of my order. if you got an email with a deleiver confirmation number go to usps.com and select tracking, put in your number and see if you get a time of acceptence instead of notified. if you get a time around 1 to 2 pm today then your is in the mail.

[quote name='brianffrpg']I'm not part of the "almost everyone" crowd :(

I have yet to receive that notification of shipment email nor a tracking #[/quote] if you email me i can try to hunt it down for you.

most orders that went out today were the priority ones.

Thanks for the quick response, but I'm still unclear: a.) Does Electronic Shipping Info Received on the USPS site mean that my copy has not been shipped, but instead just has postage purchased for it and b.) what determined "priority"? 'First preordered, first served', first to pay in full, or some other factor(s)? Believe me, I'll live, I just can't imagine that over 240 people preordered and paid in full before me (2/21/07 on both).

(That's assuming that I'm right in interpreting the status phrase from part "a.)".)

[quote name='jollydwarf']most orders that went out today were the priority ones.

Thanks for the quick response, but I'm still unclear: a.) Does Electronic Shipping Info Received on the USPS site mean that my copy has not been shipped, but instead just has postage purchased for it and b.) what determined "priority"? 'First preordered, first served', first to pay in full, or some other factor(s)? Believe me, I'll live, I just can't imagine that over 240 people preordered and paid in full before me (2/21/07 on both).

(That's assuming that I'm right in interpreting the status phrase from part "a.)".)[/quote] Electronic shipping info means postage has been purchased. What i meant by priority is some people paid for first class postage and some people paid a bit more for priority mail. Most of the prioority mails got shipped today. That is what i meant by priority. It would have taken me way to long to try and pull each packing list out of the envelope to determine the date of the orders. I can see why you would be disappointed.

[quote name='jollydwarf']most orders that went out today were the priority ones.

(That's assuming that I'm right in interpreting the status phrase from part "a.)".)[/QUOTE]

Dont want to step in but from what I think priority meant was, that is went out priority mail. So if you paid for priority shipping he tried to get most of those out. a.) Is far as I understand it is that if you paid for usps type of delivery you enter your tracking number (i got it on Sunday and it said info recieved up until this afternoon).
If it was one of the ones that got shipped out it (status)changes from Info received ---> Acceptance. Hope this helps

Your item was accepted at 2:05 PM on August 21, 2007 in WINSTED, CT 06098. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

^^^^
See, I knew I should have just kept quite, lol..

Thanks again (to both responders, actually), and while I didn't preorder it from you, if something like this happens for Halo 3...ooh, man, I'll light a candle. And maybe organize* an e-vigil.

*--And by that I mean have someone likable like Shipwreck suggest it first.

EDIT: Acceptance! Yay! I feel accepted for once!! (But still not here.)

I know I'm a couple pages behind but after reading the bioshock update I must say that if you look up customer service in the dictionary (or online at Wiki) it should have a picture of Tony.

Is there any way I can be notified when a used game is in stock? That'd be a handy feature.
On an unrelated note, someone needs to trade in Overlord :p ;)

Hey folks looks like he got his shipment this morning, your game should go out today this evening! Thanks for your patience. Hopefully we will get confirmation here that he shipped them all today from him when he gets a chance. He will be busy for a few hours at least.

I ordered mine via Priority shipping, today is the 22nd and I still haven't gotten a confirmation email. He did ship it yesterday the (21st) right? I hope I get the quick shipment I paid for.

[quote name='degenerazn']I ordered mine via Priority shipping, today is the 22nd and I still haven't gotten a confirmation email. He did ship it yesterday the (21st) right? I hope I get the quick shipment I paid for.[/quote]

Well he shipped some of the order, but some of it was delayed. he is shipping the rest out today I believe.

[quote name='digicho']Well he shipped some of the order, but some of it was delayed. he is shipping the rest out today I believe.[/quote]

So you're saying there's a chance that I wouldn't even get my game by the end of the week..why did I pay the extra shipping for?

[quote name='degenerazn']So you're saying there's a chance that I wouldn't even get my game by the end of the week..why did I pay the extra shipping for?[/quote]
Your going to have to take that up with them, not here in a public forum. Send an email off I'm sure Tony will figure something out after the hell that is today. Give him a day to get everything sent off and straightened out.

My copy of BioShock arrived at my house about an hour ago, delivered by UPS.

The seven hours between now and when I get home from work will feel like an eternity.

Thanks Tony/Liongames! You guys are the best!

Mine still hasn't shipped but I bought it in mid July. I would love to play it but it's ok since it was such a deal. Hopefully Mass Effect won't take this long.

While certainly not the most ethical thing to do, has anyone thought of picking a copy up at wal-mart, then returning it when you get your copy from Lion Games? I assume this would work if it is sent still in packaging.

[quote name='TheDominion']While certainly not the most ethical thing to do, has anyone thought of picking a copy up at wal-mart, then returning it when you get your copy from Lion Games? I assume this would work if it is sent still in packaging.[/QUOTE]

If you go back a couple pages, people did talk about this

It could work, but I can wait a couple days for my copy to come in

Mine didn't get shipped out yesterday, but when I put the tracking # into usps.com today, I get:

Your item was accepted at 12:51 PM on August 22, 2007 in WINSTED, CT 06098.

So, looks like more orders went out today.

Just wondering if anyone could help me...My status on the USPS site says...

"Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 21, 2007 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

But a received an email last night from USPS telling me this...

"Service Type: Delivery Confirmation - Priority

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Electronic Shipping WINSTED CT 06098 08/21/07 4:43pm
Info Received
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

Does that mean that is has been shipped? Or that it is to be expected to ship soon? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='digicho']Just wondering if anyone could help me...My status on the USPS site says...

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 21, 2007 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info Received
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

Does that mean that is has been shipped? Or that it is to be expected to ship soon? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I have the same thing happening to me. Can anybody clarify this?

[quote name='digicho']Just wondering if anyone could help me...My status on the USPS site says...

Info Received

Does that mean that is has been shipped? Or that it is to be expected to ship soon? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

This means that USPS has the billing/shipping information. Basically, this means that your package has been entered into their system so it can be properly processed and then distributed. It's the first step in mailing the item. Typically, your package will be en route to its destination within a day of the USPS receiving the electronic shipping info.

[quote name='liongames.com'] Update as of 2PM EDT 8/22/07:
All BioShock orders have been shipped.

Note: Lion Games will not be sending out order status updates, please refer to the e-mail that you receive from the USPS for shipment and tracking information. Thank you for your patience.[/QUOTE]

Good news. Should be getting my copy soon then. Thanks Tony!

just as a note for those of us using USPS first class, I believe they only update their pages once a day (around 1800EST). So it's not going to be real-time.

Just got my Bioshock.

I'm definitely getting most of my stuff from Liongames, from now on.

Tony, you're doing an excellent service to gamers everywhere and your devotion is greatly appreciated

Tony, can you please clear up the confusion regarding Two Worlds? It seems like every vendor has a different release date listed.

Do you know when you'll be shipping the game? Do you have it in house already waiting for a certain date before shipping?

Thanks.

Well it arrived at my house today. Still another day's wait atleast for me though. I was unable to get my change of address to Tony in time, so a family member will have to ship the game to me. But the fact remains, I did receive this game via UPS TODAY.

Thanks again Tony. I do hope that things go a lot smoother for Halo 3 and the other releases this Fall.

Haven't gotten mine yet AND the UPS tracking results say there is no info available for that tracking number. So, I don't know where I stand actually. Wait and see here. I am sure it is out there in the void somewhere. Tony's email to me says he shipped it, so, UPS has probably now lost it. Oh well, I probably can't play til Friday night anyway. If it does not arrive by then I will just go buy it anywhere or rent it at Blockbuster. Important thing is that Tony did what he promised. Can't ask more than that.

Are only the people who got the faster shipment getting their games today or are there people who payed the $5 shipping who are getting their games today?

[quote name='R0wdi']Are only the people who got the faster shipment getting their games today or are there people who payed the $5 shipping who are getting their games today?[/quote]

The ones who requested the most expensive shipping (UPS) are getting theirs today. Those ones were drop-shipped by the distributor on Monday, which allowed them to arrive earlier. Had the distrubutor received its shipments on time, there was a good chance the UPS customers would have received the game on release date.

I ordered USPS priority and even though Tony's email to me says he dropped it off for shipping on Tuesday the USPS says, per the tracking number, that they did not accept it til today. So, even though Tony dropped priority shipping money down for shipping the game, apparently the post office he used just sat on it all friggin day and did nothing with it. So much for priority meaning anything. Again, nothing against Tony since he in good faith dropped it off for shipping on Tuesday, but I will not be paying for priority anymore on future shipments if the USPS cannot do any better than that.

Which means they won't send it out from Tony's area til tomorrow and I will not get it til Saturday or Monday. So much for priority. Last time for me.

Anyone else still seeing "Not yet shipped" under their order status? Additionally, I still haven't received any kind of email from USPS.

I despise the USPS and their outdated system but when getting a deal like this it doesn't make sense to pay $8 for UPS.

[quote name='sinistaminista']Anyone else still seeing "Not yet shipped" under their order status? Additionally, I still haven't received any kind of email from USPS.

I despise the USPS and their outdated system but when getting a deal like this it doesn't make sense to pay $8 for UPS.[/QUOTE]

Same here
I also have not recieved word from USPS.

On the site, Tony says that they will not be sending out order status updates.

[quote name='mrg']I ordered USPS priority and even though Tony's email to me says he dropped it off for shipping on Tuesday the USPS says, per the tracking number, that they did not accept it til today. So, even though Tony dropped priority shipping money down for shipping the game, apparently the post office he used just sat on it all friggin day and did nothing with it. So much for priority meaning anything. Again, nothing against Tony since he in good faith dropped it off for shipping on Tuesday, but I will not be paying for priority anymore on future shipments if the USPS cannot do any better than that.

Which means they won't send it out from Tony's area til tomorrow and I will not get it til Saturday or Monday. So much for priority. Last time for me.[/QUOTE]

I've done a few game trades with folks from CT, MA, RI, & etc and First class items always seem to arrive in about 5 days & 4 days via Priority to me in NE Tennessee.

But counting you can upgrade from First class to Priority for only $1.50 more it isn't to bad. If I receive an item a day earlier with Priority, plus in a stronger priority box instead of a bubble mailer I'm happy. The smallest USPS Priority box with DC# included is $5.25 now.

I just ordered two used xbox 360 games from Liongames on Sunday night (crackdown, THP8). I received both today, on Wedensday. I paid for first class, but was upgraded to priority. They are in fantastic condition, and I will definately continue to buy games from Tony. I highly recommend Liongames.

Have priority shipping for Bioshock, still no system info from USPS. *crosses fingers* Hope it arrives soon... . Downloaded the demo and played a few minutes to whet my appetite. Can't wait to get this game!

[quote name='RedZeppelin']Tony, can you please clear up the confusion regarding Two Worlds? It seems like every vendor has a different release date listed.

Do you know when you'll be shipping the game? Do you have it in house already waiting for a certain date before shipping?

Thanks.[/quote]

my distributor is showing friday the 24th. it isnt a street dated title so the distributor gets it on the 24 and I am a 2 day ship so i will get my copies next tuesday the 28th

[quote name='lilboo']Let's home Metroid Prime 3 next week isn't all crazy ;)[/quote] it wont be as crazy but keep in mind metroid is not a street dated title so I get my copies 2 days after release.

[quote name='mrg']I ordered USPS priority and even though Tony's email to me says he dropped it off for shipping on Tuesday the USPS says, per the tracking number, that they did not accept it til today. So, even though Tony dropped priority shipping money down for shipping the game, apparently the post office he used just sat on it all friggin day and did nothing with it. So much for priority meaning anything. Again, nothing against Tony since he in good faith dropped it off for shipping on Tuesday, but I will not be paying for priority anymore on future shipments if the USPS cannot do any better than that.

Which means they won't send it out from Tony's area til tomorrow and I will not get it til Saturday or Monday. So much for priority. Last time for me.[/quote]

reality is that priority is great. if it says accepted today then that is when it probably got shipped. I got most of the prioriitys out on tuesday but there were about 50 more prioritys that went out today. keep the faith in priority it is a good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back