78 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm
(Homepage)

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/page/faq/
(LionGames.com FAQ)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137095
(Old Thread)

http://www.liongames.com/preorder-august07.cfm
(New August Deals: Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero 3 Bundle, Guitar Hero 3 Game, Super Mario Galaxy

FAQ

EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!! If you want to change anything or ask a question PLEASE EMAIL TONY.
[email protected]
[email protected]

0) How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. I honestly dont know how long this one takes
If you buy two games that get shipped together he automatically upgrade to priority.

1) When will games like GTA 4 and Halo 3 ship out?
Both of those games will ship on or one day before street date because they are street dated titles which means I(Tony) should have mine at least one day early. I would pay for priority mail. It is fairly quick. As fast as two day cross country sometimes.

2) When I trade in games to lower the price, will I get the trade in credit as well?
Yes. Not only do you get the trade in credit, you will also get the lower price depending on the number of trades(Limit three per game to lower the price). Games must be worth at least $10 trade in credit. Basically, you get the lowered price and store credit

3) Is this site reputable?
Yes. There have been two threads each reaching 30+ pages and many people have bought used and new games from him. Everyone has been happy with their purchases. If something does go wrong, you can email Tony and he will help you to make your purchase better.

4) How are these considered deals if the shipping is $5
Ok. First there is NO tax. That saves you about $4. Then if you trade in games towards your purchase it will lower the price $5 more(if they are worth $10). Used games are about $20 below EB/GS for newer games. So at $5 saveings per game if you bought 5 games a year thats at least $30 savings

5) Where does Tony ship from?

Lion Games
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098

Phone: 860-738-4336

Email: [email protected]

6) How can liongames.com make money with such low prices?
Instead of advertising, Tony is offering lowered prices and excellent customer service in hopes that you will come back and tell others via forum or word of mouth. He mainly makes money on used games and he has an actual store in CT to further bring in money

7) Who are you? I've never heard of LionGames.com

LionGames.com is a subsidiary of Age of Video II located in Torrington and Winsted Conn. The addresses are as follows:

Age of Video II
1151 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
860-496-1798

Age of Video II
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098
860-738-4336

We have been running Age of Video II in Torrington from 1987-present and our Winsted store 1991-present. As you can see we are no strangers to the retail environment.

8) I have purchased game(s) and sold game(s) on the same invoice. What happens now?
Since the game(s) you sold us reduced the total of your invoice, we cannot send you your game(s) until we received the game(s) you sold to us. Mail your games as quickly as possible to.

Lion Games
120 Willow street
Winsted CT

9) I want to buy a game(s) and sell you a game(s) and I want the game(s) I buy right away.
In this case do 2 separate invoices. One for the purchases and one for the game(s) you are selling us. This way we don’t have to wait for your games to get to us before we send you the one you purchased.

10) Am I allowed to trade in so many games that Lion Games will owe me money?
Sure!!! You can even just sell us games without buying one yourself. If you want to sell us more then 10 games, shoot us an email first.

11) Will I be guaranteed the price Lion Games quoted me for my game?
As long as you represent the game condition that you are selling us accurately, we guarantee the price we quoted you on our website. Lion Games noticed some of our competitors have reserved their right to reduce the game(s) after they’ve received the game(s), if they feel the market has changed. We don’t do that. We also don’t put bogus prices on our website. We take a straight forward no nonsense approach to doing business. The only other thing we ask is for you to mail your game(s) to us within 5 business days.

12) An example of a trade-in scenario:

Metroid Prime is $34.99 with 2 trade-ins

Trade in Shadowrun for $25 and Fantastic 4 for $15 would give you $40 credit.

MP is $34.99 (with 2 trades) + $6.50 USPS priority - $40 credit would leave you with a balance due of $1.49.

13)When do I pay off my balance?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is about one month from the release date. Tony will send out an email stating when certain deals are ending and when your balance will need to be payed off

14) How do I upgrade my shipping?

If anyone wants to upgrade their shipping from first class to priority then you can just paypal me $1.50 to [email protected] Please include your invoice number in the comment section. It is $1.50 per game. Also after i make the change your invoice will still read first class but the amount that you actaully paid will be different and the amount paid for shipping is what i look at when i determine first class or priority.

Tony I hope you dont mind that I took some answers and question from your site

[quote name='Chaz']I'm definitely going to be using the "buy it at store, return copy from Liongames when it arrives." That way, I get to have it on time, and still get the fun discount![/QUOTE]

Great idea. I'll do that as well, at Circuit City...the bastids. :)

[quote name='Chaz']I'm definitely going to be using the "buy it at store, return copy from Liongames when it arrives." That way, I get to have it on time, and still get the fun discount![/quote]

that makes no sense

do you mean your gonna return the copy you got from lion games to the store cause they wont let you do that

[quote name='Apossum']Great idea. I'll do that as well, at Circuit City...the bastids. :)[/quote]

but dont they check the barcode or something

does it matter

because im thinking about doing that

[quote name='lookitsrobss']that makes no sense

do you mean your gonna return the copy you got from lion games to the store cause they wont let you do that[/QUOTE]

Assuming Lion games is a selling legit retail copies of the games you should be able to return them to a local store with a receipt (as long as it sealed). The only problem might be CC has that extra price sticker on it and target games will some times have a Target sticker on the back so you might get a hassle.

[quote name='kklems']Assuming Lion games is a selling legit retail copies of the games you should be able to return them to a local store with a receipt (as long as it sealed). The only problem might be CC has that extra price sticker on it and target games will some times have a Target sticker on the back so you might get a hassle.[/quote]

your 100 percent positive right?

so i guess ill just go to bestbuy then

But after shipping, you really don't save anything ($2-$3), at least with Mario.
Why is this site so popular (not trying to offend, just from a cheapass standpoint)

Thanks for the update, Tony. I'm antsy to get my copy as well, but I really appreciate the level of customer care you're providing and certainly understand how distributors sometimes drag their feet. As long as I'm playing by next weekend, I'll be okay.

Where do you ship from?

Why on earth wouldn't they let you do that? A sealed copy is a sealed copy, and I'll have a receipt. Stores don't brand their games.

I've done this in the past when I've bought a game on release day only to find a sale on it the following week. Buy it at the sale price, and return that copy to the place I originally bought it. It's a gray area, but definitely within the return policy of the store.

yeah, games aren't tracked by serial numbers like systems. All the UPC #s are the same, so they wouldn't know the difference.

Price match at Sears or BB for the extra 10% of the difference. it's only $1, but at least you don't have to go in to CC and wait for a year for an employee to actual come to the front to check you out. you also don't have to deal with the ridiculously huge receipt from hell (TM)

OMG!!!! OK For the new people....Gta 4 was 46 shipped. halo 3 was 44 shipped and now you save on tax for games. He isnt always going to have amazing deals but they are consistant

[quote name='liongames']The problem snake eyes is this. take bioshock for example. it is 5 days before release and as of tonight i have 29 balance payments outstanding. It isnt easy for me to see who is missing because i need to manually match up the orders. iThe balance was supposed to be paid a month before street date. A moth before i had about 100 orders outstanding. On top of that some people are trying to get away with just trying to pay the balance. The other thing is I am doing special that are much closer to release dates now. I started bioshock and mass effect 6 months befoe they came out. So i have to rethink the deposit scenirio.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i was part of the problem there. It wasn't that i couldn't have paid it off earlier, its that the release date just snuck up on me. I was expecting an email reminder 30 days before the release date. Is there any way you could do that on the $10 deposit orders?

[quote name='lookitsrobss']i paid for first class

is it possible to send you money so i can get it to overnight or priority due to my situation[/quote]

email me at the info address and i will tell you how to upgrade shipping

[quote name='Decker']Thanks for the update, Tony. I'm antsy to get my copy as well, but I really appreciate the level of customer care you're providing and certainly understand how distributors sometimes drag their feet. As long as I'm playing by next weekend, I'll be okay.

Where do you ship from?[/quote]

i shipped from conn.

[quote name='BooSe86']Yeah, i was part of the problem there. It wasn't that i couldn't have paid it off earlier, its that the release date just snuck up on me. I was expecting an email reminder 30 days before the release date. Is there any way you could do that on the $10 deposit orders?[/quote]

I sent the reminder out in my newsletter.

Sorry tony, but it's says make sure there's an invoice when trading in your games? can you tell me exactly what i have to put in the box..... 1. games........ and is the invoice the order numbeR?

[quote name='Darkarts']Sorry tony, but it's says make sure there's an invoice when trading in your games? can you tell me exactly what i have to put in the box..... 1. games........ and is the invoice the order numbeR?[/quote]

if you didnt print your invoice just the order number will work

Alright another question if you don't mind.... i ordered guitar hero 3 bundle with the 10 dollar shipping..... does that mean i'll get it street date (i know not guarenteed but it has a high possibilty right?) and what does drop shipping mean.

For those that are buying in-store and later returning your liongames copy, I would buy it at CC to lower their inventory and possibly keeping them from making a sale while you borrow their game.

Tony, just want to say thanks for all your efforts. As you know gamers can be some of the biggest whiners on earth and your single-handed efforts to provide them not only with good service but a good deal to boot, is commendable.

Thanks.

[quote name='Santurio']For those that are buying in-store and later returning your liongames copy, I would buy it at CC to lower their inventory and possibly keeping them from making a sale while you borrow their game.[/QUOTE]

You might have a hard time returning to circuit city since they have the security stickers on the front and that upc barcode is what they scan. Since it doesn't have their security sticker on it that might refuse to take the game back (and they are a bitch to take off and keep in one piece) Yes they could scan the upc on the back but they would have the right to refuse the return. SO YMMV Best Buy, Sears, Walmart, Shop Ko Meijer's etc are all ok

I was able to do the return thing with EBGames before. Did the midnight pickup for a game and then had another version coming in the mail and returned that game later.

[quote name='Darkarts']Alright another question if you don't mind.... i ordered guitar hero 3 bundle with the 10 dollar shipping..... does that mean i'll get it street date (i know not guarenteed but it has a high possibilty right?) and what does drop shipping mean.[/quote]

There is the possiblity of the street date arrival. I dont gaurantee it just look at how take 2 handled bioshock. But activision did really well with GH2.

[quote name='mikeg']Tony, just want to say thanks for all your efforts. As you know gamers can be some of the biggest whiners on earth and your single-handed efforts to provide them not only with good service but a good deal to boot, is commendable.

Thanks.[/quote]

Thanks Mike. I dont mind the criticism because i try to learn from it. sometimes there isnt anything i can do and others times i can make changes.

You can upgrade. Fire Tony an email at [email protected] with your invoice numbers and he should tell you how to upgrade on the site or whatever. This is the sort of thing Tony is good about: great customer service. Until your order is ready to ship he will be flexible to help you out.

[quote name='Kendal']After playing the demo, I wish I would have gone with the more expensive shipping on Bioshock. Oh well.[/quote]

Priority is usually 2-3 day shipping in the main 48 states afaik, but no guarantee. If you are on the West coast this is a good idea. On the East coast or Central you may be able to risk First Class. This is up to 5-7 days, but in the past from CT to IL it has taken 3 days for me.

[quote name='DrazenX']so if we payed the 6.50 shipping.. what date will we get the game bioshock?[/quote]

[quote name='NC-17']Priority is guaranteed 2-3 day shipping in the main 48 states afaik. Latest you would get it is Friday. If you are on the West coast this is a good idea. On the East coast or Central you may be able to risk First Class. This is up to 5-7 days, but in the past from CT to IL it has taken 3 days for me.[/QUOTE]

This statement is false. The only mail with a guaranteed delivery time is express mail. PM is expected to make it 2 to 5 but no guarantee

My bad, thanks for the correction.

[quote name='kklems']This statement is false. The only mail with a guaranteed delivery time is express mail. PM is expected to make it 2 to 5 but no guarantee[/quote]

[quote name='liongames'] The weird thing is TAke 2 and my distributors are competitors so you have to wonder if they do this kind of stuff on purpose. This would have never happened with a microsoft product.[/quote]
Wow, I found this to be an interesting point. I have no knowledge of the actual distributor market, but I would imagine the amount of distibutors are in the single digits, which would give a small company little room to negotiate with. Hopefully a past high school buddy of yours runs it. I guess this kind of scenario is to be expected when CC seems to be acting like it's the last throws of a retailer soon to go bankrupt, trying to get as many feet in the store as it can, to sell crap. I'm actually feeling a little bit of preorderers remorse, but hopefully it will go away this week. Conversely, I don't have to feel guily over giving CC money due to the speedy1961 situation and all. Did they tailor make that deal to get back in CAG's good graces?

[quote name='liongames']Thanks Mike. I dont mind the criticism because i try to learn from it. sometimes there isnt anything i can do and others times i can make changes.[/quote]well there isn't really ANY game that i want to buy used.... maybe bioschock later on but i DOUBT anyone will trade that in.

Thanks to this site and thread I discovered LG. I just ordered Heavenly Sword and CoD4 for a combined $41 after shipping after my trade-ins ...I'm a pretty happy camper right now and look forward to doing more business with Tony in the near future.

how do you cancel a pre-order at liongames?

i mean i gave a deposit for assassins creed and hl2 orange box, but i found out i can get it for the same price at amazon, and the shipping from amazon will probably be much faster.

[quote name='DrazenX']how do you cancel a pre-order at liongames?

i mean i gave a deposit for assassins creed and hl2 orange box, but i found out i can get it for the same price at amazon, and the shipping from amazon will probably be much faster.[/quote]

Youre kiding right. Amazon shipping will not be faster. Priority mail usually gets where its going in 2 maybe three days....First class is 3-4. Good luck with Amazon it'll be sloowwww. Anyway just email tony and he'll cancel it

If it's the same price at Amazon, wouldn't you rather support a small business? I guess some people don't. But if you must, e-mail Tony like the post above explained.

[quote name='slickkill77']Youre kiding right. Amazon shipping will not be faster. Priority mail usually gets where its going in 2 maybe three days....First class is 3-4. Good luck with Amazon it'll be sloowwww. Anyway just email tony and he'll cancel it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unless you are in the Seattle area, you're going to get it out the same as everyone else. If you really want it next day and want to be a dick just buy it from the evil empire ERRRR EB/GS

[quote name='Darkarts']well there isn't really ANY game that i want to buy used.... maybe bioschock later on but i DOUBT anyone will trade that in.[/QUOTE]

I bet plenty of people will trade that in since it is 1p only, and people will want to get rid of it and get another AAA title coming in the next few months (Halo, etc)

Yeah, I was hoping BioShock would ship before the street date so I could have it by tomorrow or Wednesday but that's not looking likely anymore :( I may have to buy a copy from a store tomorrow, and just do something else with my Liongames copy.

Quick update as I dont have much time. All the bioshocks should go out tommorow. The ups should have left the ware house today. I will be stuffing envelopes from 10 am on and. I have to work out some details in order to send the automatic confirmations from the new postal service i signed up for this weekend. I probably wont have time to answer emails until tommorow evening,

seriously....thanks so much for the update Tony....This is great. This means *hopefully* i'll be playing before the weekend...got first class but I'm on east coast so should be here by Thursday, I'd think...Friday at latest.

*Recalls Seinfeld episode with the toxic envelopes.* What a sight that must be seeing Tony fill those envelopes with BioShock. He's like Santa Claus in August.

I was certainly hoping for shipping by release date, but one day later isn't the end of the world. No chance for getting it by this weeked for me out west, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back