78 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm
(Homepage)

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/page/faq/
(LionGames.com FAQ)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137095
(Old Thread)

http://www.liongames.com/preorder-august07.cfm
(New August Deals: Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero 3 Bundle, Guitar Hero 3 Game, Super Mario Galaxy

FAQ

EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!! If you want to change anything or ask a question PLEASE EMAIL TONY.
[email protected]
[email protected]

0) How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. I honestly dont know how long this one takes
If you buy two games that get shipped together he automatically upgrade to priority.

1) When will games like GTA 4 and Halo 3 ship out?
Both of those games will ship on or one day before street date because they are street dated titles which means I(Tony) should have mine at least one day early. I would pay for priority mail. It is fairly quick. As fast as two day cross country sometimes.

2) When I trade in games to lower the price, will I get the trade in credit as well?
Yes. Not only do you get the trade in credit, you will also get the lower price depending on the number of trades(Limit three per game to lower the price). Games must be worth at least $10 trade in credit. Basically, you get the lowered price and store credit

3) Is this site reputable?
Yes. There have been two threads each reaching 30+ pages and many people have bought used and new games from him. Everyone has been happy with their purchases. If something does go wrong, you can email Tony and he will help you to make your purchase better.

4) How are these considered deals if the shipping is $5
Ok. First there is NO tax. That saves you about $4. Then if you trade in games towards your purchase it will lower the price $5 more(if they are worth $10). Used games are about $20 below EB/GS for newer games. So at $5 saveings per game if you bought 5 games a year thats at least $30 savings

5) Where does Tony ship from?

Lion Games
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098

Phone: 860-738-4336

Email: [email protected]

6) How can liongames.com make money with such low prices?
Instead of advertising, Tony is offering lowered prices and excellent customer service in hopes that you will come back and tell others via forum or word of mouth. He mainly makes money on used games and he has an actual store in CT to further bring in money

7) Who are you? I've never heard of LionGames.com

LionGames.com is a subsidiary of Age of Video II located in Torrington and Winsted Conn. The addresses are as follows:

Age of Video II
1151 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
860-496-1798

Age of Video II
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098
860-738-4336

We have been running Age of Video II in Torrington from 1987-present and our Winsted store 1991-present. As you can see we are no strangers to the retail environment.

8) I have purchased game(s) and sold game(s) on the same invoice. What happens now?
Since the game(s) you sold us reduced the total of your invoice, we cannot send you your game(s) until we received the game(s) you sold to us. Mail your games as quickly as possible to.

Lion Games
120 Willow street
Winsted CT

9) I want to buy a game(s) and sell you a game(s) and I want the game(s) I buy right away.
In this case do 2 separate invoices. One for the purchases and one for the game(s) you are selling us. This way we don’t have to wait for your games to get to us before we send you the one you purchased.

10) Am I allowed to trade in so many games that Lion Games will owe me money?
Sure!!! You can even just sell us games without buying one yourself. If you want to sell us more then 10 games, shoot us an email first.

11) Will I be guaranteed the price Lion Games quoted me for my game?
As long as you represent the game condition that you are selling us accurately, we guarantee the price we quoted you on our website. Lion Games noticed some of our competitors have reserved their right to reduce the game(s) after they’ve received the game(s), if they feel the market has changed. We don’t do that. We also don’t put bogus prices on our website. We take a straight forward no nonsense approach to doing business. The only other thing we ask is for you to mail your game(s) to us within 5 business days.

12) An example of a trade-in scenario:

Metroid Prime is $34.99 with 2 trade-ins

Trade in Shadowrun for $25 and Fantastic 4 for $15 would give you $40 credit.

MP is $34.99 (with 2 trades) + $6.50 USPS priority - $40 credit would leave you with a balance due of $1.49.

13)When do I pay off my balance?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is about one month from the release date. Tony will send out an email stating when certain deals are ending and when your balance will need to be payed off

14) How do I upgrade my shipping?

If anyone wants to upgrade their shipping from first class to priority then you can just paypal me $1.50 to [email protected] Please include your invoice number in the comment section. It is $1.50 per game. Also after i make the change your invoice will still read first class but the amount that you actaully paid will be different and the amount paid for shipping is what i look at when i determine first class or priority.

Tony I hope you dont mind that I took some answers and question from your site

Wow, so my supposed $15 trade-in lost basically all of its value because of some scratches.

Looks like I'm giving my monies to teh Amazonz for GH3.

[quote name='menikmati']Wow, so my supposed $15 trade-in lost basically all of its value because of some scratches.

Looks like I'm giving my monies to teh Amazonz for GH3.[/QUOTE]

did it have scratches? A scratched game < A non scratched game. Any simpleton knows that

[quote name='george21000']did it have scratches? A scratched game < A non scratched game. Any simpleton knows that[/quote]

Yeah, but apparently enough to reduce its value to ZERO.

*throws hands up in air*

Whatever, tested the water and I'm deciding not to take the plunge with Lion Games.

When trading it in did you say it had a few scratches or did you say it was excelent?

By "a few scratches" do you mean someone played floor hockey with the fuckin thing? :lol:

[quote name='menikmati']Yeah, but apparently enough to reduce its value to ZERO.

*throws hands up in air*

Whatever, tested the water and I'm deciding not to take the plunge with Lion Games.[/quote]

Post Office called this morning Sat. the 1st some how my package got held up in Rhode Island lol long way from Chicago, some how after 10 days its still in Rhode Island. Go figure, anyway the lady said the upgraded to priority now LOL again. I might get it Sunday morning or Tues at the latest she promised. Very strange way of shipping I must say. Tony Thanks for all your help and sorry things turned south so fast and so far, I will you know and all here when I finally receive mine.

TOny, I'm sure you can document the amount of business you do with the USPS. At this point it will benefit you to throw a shot across thier bow and tell them that because of this fiasco you are pulling your $xxxxx.xx worth of annual business and giving it to UPS. Who cares if you are or aren't, scare tactics sometimes work to speed up the resolution.

The one donwside is it's a gov't run operation and they just may not care. I think it's worth a try. And fr the record I have decided not to cancel my Mass Effect order seeing that this issue really was not caused by you. Everyone deserves a second chance.

HAPPY LABOR DAY ALL!!!

[quote name='menikmati']Wow, so my supposed $15 trade-in lost basically all of its value because of some scratches.

Looks like I'm giving my monies to teh Amazonz for GH3.[/quote]

Here is the deal from my side. The game was ncaa 07 which then had a $15.00 trade in deal because i never had time to go through an update my trade in value on some games. They game now sells on amazon for $6.00 and has a $1.00 trade in value at FYE. After yesterday I will no longer accepts trades on this game because I have too many and I might have only sold 1. Regarless if this game came in in excellent condition then I would pay the $15.00 credit without hesistation. The thing is the game has many scratches and they go in a circle. It looks like the game was cleaned with a corse paper towel or something like that. It wasn't even close to excellent. It was fair and I dont sell fair games. If the customer made an attempt by marking the game good in the first place I probably would have accepted it just because the customer made an attempt. so when a customer trades in a basically worthless sports game and trys to say excellent condition when it isnt even close. Yes there is a good chance for a decline. I offered to ship it back at my expense which in hindsight is stupid of me because you not going to be a customer anyway. I have said this before and will say it again. I need to protect the integrity of my used games sales. I do not and will not sell games unless they are in good or excellent condition. If you have any doubts that your trades in may not pass inspection then please dont send them in. I will continue to be tough on evaluating trade ins because it will become known that my customers can buy used games with a ton of confidence. I will not every change my stance on that. Sorry you are not happy but I rather have an unhappy trade in customer then an unhappy used game purchaser.

[quote name='Homer X']TOny, I'm sure you can document the amount of business you do with the USPS. At this point it will benefit you to throw a shot across thier bow and tell them that because of this fiasco you are pulling your $xxxxx.xx worth of annual business and giving it to UPS. Who cares if you are or aren't, scare tactics sometimes work to speed up the resolution.

The one donwside is it's a gov't run operation and they just may not care. I think it's worth a try. And fr the record I have decided not to cancel my Mass Effect order seeing that this issue really was not caused by you. Everyone deserves a second chance.

HAPPY LABOR DAY ALL!!![/quote]

I been in touch with the head of the business developement team from ct for three days. He hasnt taken a passive stance. He hasnt got a lot of answers yet but he is trying. Like I said in my post yesterday. I dont think people appreciate how good the post office really is. They are only judging them on their failures. They handle so much mail every day and I think they have a pretty respectable success rate for the prices we pay. Ups has a much better tracking system but it is more then double the cost. They appear to make less mistakes but i think they handle a lot less mail then the post office does. If we expect a 100% effeciently then we are being unrealistic to begin with. if people posted everytime the post office delivered sometime on time then we would all see how high their success rate really is. I will put the usps up against any other crountrys mail system any day of the week. Maybe I am wrong but those are my feelings. I tend to judge people and things by their strenghts not weaknesses. I have a very positive attitude so sometimes i overlook negetive stuff to easily. I am in a good mood over 360 days a year so I think that is a good thing.

The USPS tracking is now showing that Bioshock is at my local post office...hopefully that means delivery today. Keep up the good work Tony. It's unfortunate that this happened--but it's not like I don't have several other games to finish up and play while I wait. I have 3 other games preordered with Tony with no desire to cancel them and pay more in stores---however, I might upgradede my shipping to prevent USPS errors like this in the future.

[quote name='chrisc133']The USPS tracking is now showing that Bioshock is at my local post office...hopefully that means delivery today. Keep up the good work Tony. It's unfortunate that this happened--but it's not like I don't have several other games to finish up and play while I wait. I have 3 other games preordered with Tony with no desire to cancel them and pay more in stores---however, I might upgradede my shipping to prevent USPS errors like this in the future.[/quote]I had a package showing in a post office 10 minutes from my house. It wasn't delivered for another three business days.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I had a package showing in a post office 10 minutes from my house. It wasn't delivered for another three business days.[/quote]

3? god damn.

[quote name='liongames']Here is the deal from my side...[/quote]
You could've at least said "it would be suggested that you resurface the disc using a disc resurfacer i.e. Game Dr. or buffed the disc" instead of basically doing "annnnnnnnnddddddddddd you get nothing, but thanks for trying!" I would've gone and paid to get it resurfaced.

But I do appreciate the message and I understand where you're coming from now.

Hell, I wasn't even expecting a return message.

Got my bioshock 10 days later. Not Liongames fault, the post offices fault. I could have walked from Maryland to CT and got the game faster. The lesson is, pay for priority, it makes a big difference.

[quote name='menikmati']You could've at least said "it would be suggested that you resurface the disc using a disc resurfacer i.e. Game Dr. or buffed the disc" instead of basically doing "annnnnnnnnddddddddddd you get nothing, but thanks for trying!" I would've gone and paid to get it resurfaced.

But I do appreciate the message and I understand where you're coming from now.

Hell, I wasn't even expecting a return message.[/quote]

I made mentioned before on these boards about the trade in policy and I also said it in my newsletter that goes out to all my customers. I do think I need to add that in my FAQ also so I am at fault there.

[quote name='brianmclean']Got my bioshock 10 days later. Not Liongames fault, the post offices fault. I could have walked from Maryland to CT and got the game faster. The lesson is, pay for priority, it makes a big difference.[/quote]

This shouldnt have happened with first class mail. This acted more like media mail. The thing is I stocker every priority package with the bright blue and red lable so there is less of a chance things like this will happen. In my own personal experience priority mail is two days except around christmas time it could take up to 4. I think there is a lot of value in priority mail.

[quote name='liongames']I made mentioned before on these boards about the trade in policy and I also said it in my newsletter that goes out to all my customers. I do think I need to add that in my FAQ also so I am at fault there.[/quote]

I appluad Tony's strict trade-in condition requirements.

I sure as heck would never buy any resurfaced game, and if there was any chance of getting a one like that from Liongames, I wouldn't buy used games there.

If it's in bad enough shape that it needs to be resurfaced, that sounds damagaed enough that it shouldn't be re-sold.

I got Blue Dragon today, it was shipped on Thursday. Thanks Tony. I will still be weary of ordering, only because of the Post Office. Once that is cleared up and the reason for the missing/delayed Bioshocks is resolved all hesitation will be lost.

Priority is definitely worth it. I got my Bioshock the friday of release week, and I just got my Blue Dragon today. I plan on supporting Tony by buying any used games I want from him. I hope that used copy of twilight princess stays there until I'm ready to get my wii.

Dead Rising, Ghost Recon, and MLB 2k7 for only 50 bucks. I will be buying from you again for sure!

[quote name='VipFREAK']No deal for NHL 08 yet... oh well.[/QUOTE]

Was looking fo the same. Have not seen a good deal yet on this anywhere.

[quote name='VipFREAK']No deal for NHL 08 yet... oh well.[/quote]

it is kinda late to run a big special on it, plus EA is very expensive for me. I reduced the price to $54.99 a few minutes ago

I have finally joined the ranks of those who have received their Bioshock game. Sweet game so far.
What is funny about this whole mess was that my package was one of those to be sent out on the release date of Aug. 21st. Darn PO for holding up the game. Curious as to why this happened, hopefully it doesn't happen again to LG.

Was beginning to wonder about the game, but it was shipped on day as stated. Will order again from LG, cannot blame them for the post office mishap as liongames held up their end of the transaction an shipped as stated.

Well I didnt get Bioshock today either. My package was shipped on the 21st. My tracking number says

"We do not currently have any tracking information for this shipment yet, please try back at a later time."

So I am getting pretty mad. So much for playing Bioshock over the 3-day weekend.

My copy of Bioshock finally arrived today. Unfortunately, I am working tonight and leave for vacation tomorrow, so I won't get to play it until next Wednesday.

Sucks, but, oh well.

Just wanted to give you a bit of encouragement Tony. I've preordered ace combat 6, halo 3, and assassin's creed from you. All of these I've paid the priority shipping price and I have no intention of canceling these preorders. I think it's a great site that you are running and I do plan on getting any used games from you so that these preorder deals can continue.

[quote name='Oberman']Just wanted to give you a bit of encouragement Tony. I've preordered ace combat 6, halo 3, and assassin's creed from you. All of these I've paid the priority shipping price and I have no intention of canceling these preorders. I think it's a great site that you are running and I do plan on getting any used games from you so that these preorder deals can continue.[/quote]

Speaking of used games I added about 75 used xbox 360's tonight. I still got about 75 more to add as well as 30-40 wii games and 20 ps3's. Check out the front page as there are some good titles. Lost planet CE Oblivions less then $20, Marvell, GRAW1 and 2, Tenchu, Shadowrun, a bunch of darkness including a brand new one for 39.99. I suggest everyone to take a look around.

Well, my Bioshock finnallyyyyyyy arrived today. The hand-written name-addressed note was a really nice touch. Even with what ended up being a ridiculous wait (which I blaim fully on the USPS) I will definitely be buying from liongames again.

Thanks for the great price and for the constant updates Tony.

[quote name='liongames']Speaking of used games I added about 75 used xbox 360's tonight. I still got about 75 more to add as well as 30-40 wii games and 20 ps3's. Check out the front page as there are some good titles. Lost planet CE Oblivions less then $20, Marvell, GRAW1 and 2, Tenchu, Shadowrun, a bunch of darkness including a brand new one for 39.99. I suggest everyone to take a look around.[/QUOTE]
Nice. I browsed through yesterday and didn't find anything that interested me but hopefully I will now.

Edit: Yup, looks like I'm ordering a copy of all pro football 2k8 and it sure is tempting to go with priority shipping.

damn i misread that, i thought you said lost planet CE for less than 20 :p I would have jumped

[quote name='liongames']Speaking of used games I added about 75 used xbox 360's tonight. I still got about 75 more to add as well as 30-40 wii games and 20 ps3's. Check out the front page as there are some good titles. Lost planet CE Oblivions less then $20, Marvell, GRAW1 and 2, Tenchu, Shadowrun, a bunch of darkness including a brand new one for 39.99. I suggest everyone to take a look around.[/quote]

AH!! I'm getting paranoid about my metroid prime 3 order now after reading about all the bioshock mess.

Also, what does it mean by "No sleeve" next to used games??

[quote name='george21000']AH!! I'm getting paranoid about my metroid prime 3 order now after reading about all the bioshock mess.

Also, what does it mean by "No sleeve" next to used games??[/quote]

I think that means it has a generic box, but I'm not 100% sure.

The USPS attempted to deliver my Bioshock today...but because no one was home, they took it back to the post office. The tracking states that a notice was left--but there is no notice anywhere to be found. Has anyone who has received their Bioshock late had to sign for it?--I thought with First Class...they only just dropped it in the mailbox and left. Unfortunatly, this means that I won't get my Bioshock until Tuesday--and once again, no one will be home...

What's the deal with the USPS???

Argh, why must you mention deals Tony. I just spent $20 on a used battlestations midway because yous aid you had new games in stock. Darn you for making me spend more money.

For Bioshock, even though he didn't get the shipment until the monday it was released, I managed to get it here in time for last weekend, all the way to WA...

So while I missed a couple days, it was worth it. I now added GH3 to my pre-order list (also have Mass Effect).

I will be looking into trading in some used when I can decide what I am willing to part with.

[quote name='pop311']Yay!!! I got Metroid today[/quote]You get mail deliveries on Sunday? Or you just haven't been able to check until today?

I missed out on Halo 3 'cause I was broke :(

I want to buy it from you guys too, but the BioShock problem and Amazon's free shipping is calling me. :(

[quote name='rp71284']I missed out on Halo 3 'cause I was broke :(

I want to buy it from you guys too, but the BioShock problem and Amazon's free shipping is calling me. :([/quote]

sorry for the noob question...but what was the bioshock problem....i have halo ordered from here

[quote name='Robman62']sorry for the noob question...but what was the bioshock problem....i have halo ordered from here[/quote]A few of us waited on USPS to deliver the game. I didn't receive it 'till Friday and some are still waiting. It's a USPS problem, not with LionGames. You can read our posts for more info of what we were dealing with in the last few pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back