Please Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='cyberlian']That doesn't account for the fact that you no longer own 2 of the 3 games. It would work for a b2g1 deal.[/quote]
so its still $40 for each game. unless you trade in one of the $50 games then you save even more. You dont need the other two games if you are trading them in so why does it matter. It is still $120 for 3 games. two of which you have already played

Just want to thank the OP. Just got back from trading in Amped 3 and Kameo for a preorder on Oblivion. The girl at Gamestop was nice as could be - even bumped up the trade in price so I wouldn't have to pay tax on Oblivion. This is a great deal - normally Kameo would've only gotten $17 and Amped would've only gotten $15.

[quote name='mmn']Just want to thank the OP. Just got back from trading in Amped 3 and Kameo for a preorder on Oblivion. The girl at Gamestop was nice as could be - even bumped up the trade in price so I wouldn't have to pay tax on Oblivion. This is a great deal - normally Kameo would've only gotten $17 and Amped would've only gotten $15.[/quote]

Wait - so my gamestop told me the 2 for 1 wasn't okay for preorders? Is it? or do I need to wait and do it on Tuesday?

Mui curiouso.

Also, are we sure they have extended until April?

[quote name='linkycat']Wait - so my gamestop told me the 2 for 1 wasn't okay for preorders? Is it? or do I need to wait and do it on Tuesday?

Mui curiouso.

Also, are we sure they have extended until April?[/QUOTE]

Well the girl at Gamestop told me it ended Tuesday, so either its YMMV as to when it ends or she just didn't know it had been extended. You just have to be lucky on who will let you preorder - I called two or three Gamestops before I found one that would let me do the deal and preorder Oblivion.

Another down with the manish question...

SO, if my gamestop doesn't let me preorder... What is to stop me from walking in tomorrow and 2 for 1 getting some new game. Saving the receipt... and then walking in on Wednesday with an unopened game and receipt and saying I bought it as a gift for somebody who already had it, and I'd like to return it for oblivion...

ASIDE from the blatent blasphemy, is it a sound theory? Or is there something in the inner workings of the Gamestop system that would prevent this?

[quote name='linkycat']Another down with the manish question...

SO, if my gamestop doesn't let me preorder... What is to stop me from walking in tomorrow and 2 for 1 getting some new game. Saving the receipt... and then walking in on Wednesday with an unopened game and receipt and saying I bought it as a gift for somebody who already had it, and I'd like to return it for oblivion...

ASIDE from the blatent blasphemy, is it a sound theory? Or is there something in the inner workings of the Gamestop system that would prevent this?[/QUOTE]

Well, on the receipt it would show that you did the 2 for 1 deal to get the game, so when you went to return it and they asked for the receipt, chances are they'd see.

I'm not sure if Gamestop gives gift receipts or not, but if they do, you should be able to get something like Burnout or GRAW and just exchange it for Oblivion when its released.

[quote name='allout1986']The trade 2 get 1 is going to be extended until the 11th of April apparently. Also, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion CE reservation SKU has been deactivated.[/quote]

Thanks a bunch for the info. I can know wait for Far Cry:Instincts. I was close to just getting Burnout, in fear of the deal ending before the 28th, but I should be alright now.

[quote name='linkycat']Another down with the manish question...

ASIDE from the blatent blasphemy, is it a sound theory? Or is there something in the inner workings of the Gamestop system that would prevent this?[/QUOTE]

The guy at my Gamestop let me trade in 2 games towards my pre-order for Oblivion and he even applied it towards the collectors edition!(so he game me $70 in credit when they were supposed to give $60) That was pretty swell. Originally, since it ended before Oblivion came out, he even told me to trade in 2 and then return the one I got with the receipt when I came back to get Oblivion so I could take advantage of the deal. The guy told me as long as the game was unopened and you had a receipt, they would honor it. Opinions about GS aside, this guy is tops in my book.

UPDATED OP:
Promos not available anymore are marked dead and new promos are added.

[quote name='shadow9689']Any chance this going on at EBgames?
Or is this thing GameStop only?[/quote]

It should work at both stores since the marketing is the same.

[quote name='cdeener']Has anyone actually seen a used 360 in there store yet or heard of anyone trading one in?[/quote]

I didn't see one, but I know it was traded in and then sold about 2 hours later.

[quote name='w00tw00theh']Can someone tell me what YMMV means?

Thank you![/quote]

Your Mileage May Vary - For example: a certain deal or what-have-you may not be honored at all stores in a national chain.

I just called my gamestop about this deal:

"Buy a New Nintendo DS, choose one of three games to get free with it.
Games Available: Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Mario & Luigi: PiT, Metroid Prime Pinball (Ends on the 28th?)"

I explained what it said, and he said he would ask a manager. He said they didn't know about it, but if I printed the website and the info out, maybe he could help me. Is there a place on the gamestop website that actually says this? I need some help ^^; Thanks.

[quote name='Chrono72090']I just called my gamestop about this deal:

"Buy a New Nintendo DS, choose one of three games to get free with it.
Games Available: Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Mario & Luigi: PiT, Metroid Prime Pinball (Ends on the 28th?)"

I explained what it said, and he said he would ask a manager. He said they didn't know about it, but if I printed the website and the info out, maybe he could help me. Is there a place on the gamestop website that actually says this? I need some help ^^; Thanks.
[/quote]
Pretty sure that one is dead. I updated with new deals that are running as well as any changes to current promos I can think of.

Regarding this new deal:
"Trade 5 Xbox, PS2, or GC games, get $10 extra in credit. No exclutions"

Does anyone know if the Gamestop card extra 10% on trade ins stack? Or is it just one or the other?

Thanks!

Trade 4 PSP or DS games, get $10 extra in credit. No exclusions

And here I thought people who hoarded $1.99 copies of Sprung and Ping Pals were going to be SOL. Looks like they could end up ahead after all.

Most of the sales GS used to have didn't have exclusions. Only the old but probably dead for another year or two trade 3 get $10 extra had exclusions if I remember correctly. Those were that they couldn't be sports games from the year prior.

[quote name='hwong3']Regarding this new deal:
"Trade 5 Xbox, PS2, or GC games, get $10 extra in credit. No exclutions"

Does anyone know if the Gamestop card extra 10% on trade ins stack? Or is it just one or the other?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Wow, they raised it to 5 from the 3 it used to be...ah well, I have a few games I might want to get rid of that are next to worthless anyways.

Edit: Also, if I trade 4 PS2 games and 1 DS game do I still get the extra $10 or no?

[quote name='whoknows']Wow, they raised it to 5 from the 3 it used to be...ah well, I have a few games I might want to get rid of that are next to worthless anyways.

Edit: Also, if I trade 4 PS2 games and 1 DS game do I still get the extra $10 or no?[/quote]

YMMV, but my guess would be no but I have been wrong before. I'll ask tomorrow when I go in and let you know if someone here doesn't find out before me.

Are you fucking kidding me? Trade in 5 Xbox, PS2, or GC games to get an extra $10? A year ago it was trade in 2 to get $10... good times.

[quote name='Chacrana']Are you fucking kidding me? Trade in 5 Xbox, PS2, or GC games to get an extra $10? A year ago it was trade in 2 to get $10... good times.[/QUOTE]

If you have a ton of worthless games sitting around that get less then $1 on Ebay, this deal could be awesome.

Right now, I have 17 of the most worthless Xbox games just taking up space... I'm already guranteed $30 off the bat, and if I find three worthless ps2 games I can bump it up to $40.

I can make $20 in regular credit off those 20 games no problem, so I'm getting Beatmania now for free tommorrow when I take them all down there.

Under normal circumstances, those games would have just sat around for another few years collecting dust.

[quote name='mofo1115']I went to my eb... there were so many exclusions!

No sports games before 2005, no wrestling games, no demos.

=([/QUOTE]

OP says no exclusions though?

Does GS / EB count Tony Hawk games as sports games? I wouldn't think so, since they aren't dated.

[quote name='mofo1115']I went to my eb... there were so many exclusions!

No sports games before 2005, no wrestling games, no demos.

=([/quote]

wtf? one of my games is legends of wrestling 2 :(

They were debating tony hawk and so no for me.. but I think that one is YMMV.

Yeah.. I thought it was no exclusions too.. which is the only reason I went. Except when I went I found otherwise... they didn't know about the sale but then they found the right sign that they got in for the sale. On the bottom says all the exclusions.

=(

[quote name='mofo1115']They were debating tony hawk and so no for me.. but I think that one is YMMV.
[/QUOTE]

See, I don't buy that. Tony Hawk, while a sports game, really isn't numbered, and is probably still purchased by people, and isn't really dated (numbered and age) like Madden 2003... someone dosen't want to play with 2003 sports teams, but THPS 4 really hasn't lost any of its charm.

Likewise, would something like NBA Street Vol. 2 not be allowed?

I would reason that if its not dated, then it should count. I still don't get why wrestling games are excluded... hell, King of Fighters has yearly installments but I don't see them denying those games.

I can't wait to get Beatmania for a bunch of shitty xbox games I couldn't pay someone to take off my hands.

Yeah, I totally know what you're talking about. Thats what I thought but I didn't want to argue with EB guy. I'm just going to try another EB tomorrow.

[quote name='Roufuss']See, I don't buy that. Tony Hawk, while a sports game, really isn't numbered, and is probably still purchased by people, and isn't really dated (numbered and age) like Madden 2003... someone dosen't want to play with 2003 sports teams, but THPS 4 really hasn't lost any of its charm.

Likewise, would something like NBA Street Vol. 2 not be allowed?

I would reason that if its not dated, then it should count. I still don't get why wrestling games are excluded... hell, King of Fighters has yearly installments but I don't see them denying those games.

I can't wait to get Beatmania for a bunch of shitty xbox games I couldn't pay someone to take off my hands.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I was misinformed on the trade deal. Was told that any sports games 2005 and earlier weren't included or any wrestling titles. Sorry for the confusion.:cry:

[quote name='mofo1115']Yeah, I totally know what you're talking about. Thats what I thought but I didn't want to argue with EB guy. I'm just going to try another EB tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I called the local GS, the people I know over there told me that they don't really count tony hawk games and its ilk as sports games per se, since they aren't dated, which is what I thought.

Maybe it's YMMV?

He even told me "The deal isn't too great, got to trade in alot of games to get that $10" but most of the games I'm trading in get me less then 50 cents on Ebay. I put my Beatmania on hold and I'm going down there soon!

Got 80 in credit off 20 shitty xbox games (Maf Hoffman 2, Tony Hawk, etc etc).

Got Beatmania and a Shadow Hearts: From the New World strategy guide for $3 out of pocket.

Awesome deal... I'm gonna look for more ebay worthless games to try and snag Guitar Hero for very cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back