Please sign this petition to Force XBL to permanently BAN laggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannysgoldglove

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
A good friend of mine started this and asked to pass it on. There are alot of people who lag out games on XBL and this petition is aimed at getting these people banned. If you are a fan of fair gaming and dont like to see things like this happen please sign this petition. Thanks for all your support and please pass it on to your friends.

**Please forward to your friends...we need 1,000 signatures to get permanent bans**

** http://www.petitiononline.com/xboxlag/ **

Fellow Gamers,

This online petition is dedicated to FORCING Xbox Live to ban laggers who repeatedly crash XBL game servers. Xbox Live have done absolutely nothing to stop laggers from crashing Battlefield servers, despite thousands of filed complaints. It is now time to put the pressure on Microsoft and Xbox Live to address these serious concerns.

Lagging out servers not only ruins the game but it severely damages Xbox Live's reputation and credibility within the gaming community. For millions of us, gaming is a hobby and a passion. It is being ruined by laggers/cheaters and by Xbox Live who refuse to seriously address this issue. Let Xbox Live know that you are sick of cheaters like "Aerospace Solid", "Icki Icki Rip" and "ColdWarVett" ruining gaming. (We have a comprehensive list of gamertags)

Sign this petition and it will be delivered to Xbox Live, Microsoft and the media (IGN, Gamespot, Gamespy, CNet etc.) We can do this!

-VOD Sarge

Petitions are useless and I blame Microsoft anyway for not having dedicated servers for what they wanted in an online experience.

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']A good friend of mine started this and asked to pass it on. There are alot of people who lag out games on XBL and this petition is aimed at getting these people banned. If you are a fan of fair gaming and dont like to see things like this happen please sign this petition. Thanks for all your support and please pass it on to your friends.[/quote]

This petition is meaningless.

why would M$ care? we all paid for subscriptions..they are providing service. The laggers also paid for the service and have every right to be on XBL as anyone else....on top of that why would M$ care that people lag out of games. its not their fault. Its the ISP's fault whoever the "laggers" use. M$ is not providing a way to connect to the internet. Its only providing online content.

I for one..have to side to with M$ on this one. There is nothing they can do to people who have bad ping. Talk to STEAM about it also. Their games have many people with bad ping. Players lag out of counter strike,TFC,Starcraft, etc...all the time..but you dont see Blizzard doing anything about it. Tell your friend to go attack their internet service providers and not M$ because they will most likely respond with a formal email meaning they dont care and there is nothing they can do about it.

sure cheaters should be banned..but not laggers..its not their fault they have terrible connections. Go talk to Optomimum/Comcast/Patriot Media or whoever is supplying their connectivity. XBL has nothing to do with people lagging out of games.

Its not aimed at people with low ping. In some games like bf2 theres ways to crash the servers and thats the people its aimed at. Its intentional and these people go from game to game dropping servers everyday.

*It has nothing to do with internet speed, its a EXPLOIT they are using to drop everyone from the server*

[quote name='mannysgoldglove']Its not aimed at people with low ping. In some games like bf2 theres ways to crash the servers and thats the people its aimed at. Its intentional and these people go from game to game dropping servers everyday.

*It has nothing to do with internet speed, its a EXPLOIT they are using to drop everyone from the server*[/quote]

Bungie has explored this, and they claim that some people have legitimate connection problems that cause these problems as well, and thus cannot differentiate between cheaters and innocent laggers.

Also, MS isn't going to ban potential customers. They are bad enough at banning real, distinct cheaters.

Besides, everyone lags atleast once. XBox Live would be like down to 1/2 it's people if it banned everyone who has experienced a bad connection in their times playing online.

So, yeah, what the guy in the second row said...

this-is-stupid.jpg

You know what I want? A permanent ban from all message boards for people who use 'M$' when talking about Microsoft. There's another key on your keyboard, if you search for it, between the A and D keys. I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually.

[quote name='help1']Bungie has explored this, and they claim that some people have legitimate connection problems that cause these problems as well, and thus cannot differentiate between cheaters and innocent laggers.

Also, MS isn't going to ban potential customers. They are bad enough at banning real, distinct cheaters.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it would be tough to tell who was doing it to crash servers or cheat vs. people just having connection problems.

Where do they get the arbitrary number of 1k signatures from? Sounds like one of those spam chain emails people send out. I doubt such a low number would motivate MS to suddenly act on something.

if you find people lagging all of the time, how do you know it isn't you?
i agree that lagging is awful, but has a petition like this ever amounted to anything? it's not like they will alienate their customers by saying "bad connection, you can't PAY US for our service." Personally, it bugs me too...but this is a flat out ridiculous suggestion. You'd be better off petition cable and dsl internet companies to give you unlimited bandwidth. This is MS we're talking about.

Most of the time petitions don't work. You would need a million people to sign it before they would notice, And even then they wouldn't take any action.

[quote name='Slate']Most of the time petitions don't work. You would need a million people to sign it before they would notice, And even then they wouldn't take any action.[/quote]

That and most major companies have stated that, when it comes to internet petitions, they either do one of the following:

1) Ignore it entirely.
2) May take a passing look only if it has a ~ridiculous~ number of ~actual~ signatures (ie: think 1 million signatures, not filler).

It usually has something to do with the fact that anyone can (and usually does) creates an online petition in about 15 minutes, quality or not. It's only further hampered by the fact that plenty of online petitions are filled with fake signatures, be they obvious or otherwise.

Remember, nowadays when it comes to making a splash and bringing some things to attention the old art of letter writing/snail mail still holds quite a bit of sway. An actual petition that's 1000 signatures strong gets more notice than an online one that's 10000 or 100000 strong.

This petition fails. Banning people for having connection issues is non sense, MS will never do such a thing. Hell, they won't even bother looking at this dumb petition.

Yes, if your internet connection is slow Microsoft will BAN YOU FOREVER. Gee, what a great idea, someone can't help the internet they have and best solution is to wipe them clean off XBox Live forever. I don't say this very often, but...

FAIL

I'm amazed at the massive amount of people who obviously didn't even read the thread, or at least didn't understand it.

Reading comprehension FTL.

I agree with some of the other posters who think the OP should be banned. How are u gonna police this? Have people go and tell M$ that someones purposely bringing servers down? How are they gonna know u just dont want them gone cuz they are better than you?

[quote name='007']I'm amazed at the massive amount of people who obviously didn't even read the thread, or at least didn't understand it.

Reading comprehension FTL.[/QUOTE]

I read enough to know that it's an internet petition... so not only did I sign up, I clicked through to Digg this important article. If this gains traction (and Digg can help with that!!!) then MS will be *forced* to ban laggers once and for all! Internet petitions are the most effective tool for voicing opinions since the bullhorn was invented.

I also hope they raise the price of Xbox Live. It's too cheap right now. Quality products are expensive and the $50 yearly fee is so low that it gives the impression that the service is shoddy with lag problems and intermittent disconnects. If they upped it to at least $100 a year, people would better understand that this is a quality service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back