Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America

realbigexplosion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Didn't see this posted, so here goes.

Two Pokemon 3DS XLs announced for North America.  They come out September 27.  There's a red and a blue one (though they both have the same design).  Retails for $199.99.

Looks like the game isn't bundled with the systems.  Not sure how limited these will be, but the Pikachu XLs sold out pretty fast.

Preorder at Gamestop - Red

Preorder at Gamestop - Blue

Preorder at Best Buy - Red

Preorder at Best Buy - Blue

Newegg and Target have pages up, but it doesn't look like they're taking preorders right now.  Newegg, at least, was taking preorders at one point.

Newegg - Red

Newegg - Blue

Target - Red

Target - Blue

Source: Kotaku

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mario Kart bundle was just that - a bundle right?  Is it still on shelves?  The OoT bundle I think was marked as an LE, but I'm not certain.

The Mario Kart bundle was just that - a bundle right? Is it still on shelves? The OoT bundle I think was marked as an LE, but I'm not certain.
Those have been gone for months. I think some Targets had a couple stragglers left around the time the Pikachu system came out but those disappeared when they put the system on sale for $160.

Damn, hopefully they announce something before the Elite plus returns window is up ... as nice as the pokemon XL is, I'd prefer a Zelda version bundled with the new game ... of course that monster hunter 4 3ds would blow both out of the water IMO.

Holy crap!  Just saw a unboxing video and that gloss is gorgeous, especially on the blue one.  Online pics don't do em justice at all.  I think I'll change my mind and grab a couple blues for long term investing.  Bummer newegg is sold out though.

Holy crap! Just saw a unboxing video and that gloss is gorgeous, especially on the blue one. Online pics don't do em justice at all. I think I'll change my mind and grab a couple blues for long term investing. Bummer newegg is sold out though.
Reds seem to be where it is at XD, not only from the cag preferences (most seem to be going after the red a bit more) but by the fact that people have reported a slight less inventory regarding them, also they have sold out of the reds for shipping at BB.com (although they certainly are in stock for store pick up in most places.

Reds seem to be where it is at XD, not only from the cag preferences (most seem to be going after the red a bit more) but by the fact that people have reported a slight less inventory regarding them, also they have sold out of the reds for shipping at BB.com (although they certainly are in stock for store pick up in most places.
Well, I haven't been following the thread closely for a while but I imagine the red would have to be far more limited to be worth much more than the blue. In the end it probably doesn't matter. On the same token, Newegg is out of the blue but the red is still available so...

For those people who traded their original 3ds without doing the system transfer. If you call Nintendo and explain the problem they will do a system transfer for you. You will need your club Nintendo login info and personal info.

Stopped by a Target in Medina, MN today. Still had four red and two blue left in stock. Debating whether or not getting one for personal use and getting rid of my red XL

Well, I haven't been following the thread closely for a while but I imagine the red would have to be far more limited to be worth much more than the blue. In the end it probably doesn't matter. On the same token, Newegg is out of the blue but the red is still available so...

What I don't think people realize is that most likely Nintendo created fewer Red Pokemon 3DS XL consoles (we'll never know for sure though) because the original red 3DS XL did not sell as well as the blue 3DS XL.

What I don't think people realize is that most likely Nintendo created fewer Red Pokemon 3DS XL consoles (we'll never know for sure though) because the original red 3DS XL did not sell as well as the blue 3DS XL.
While I would normally disagree and assume they made them even, I also believe there are fewer red consoles. This is simply because the blue version launched in Japan, where as red did not. So I could easily see them simply having more of those / making more of those for that reason alone. However, we will never know, nor will it matter as demand will play a bigger role than supply.

Just a word of advice, when I picked up the pikachu 3ds I waited a while to open the box and test the device. Unfortunately, the circle pad was defective and I had to send it out to Nintendo. Because of how limited the pikachu 3ds was, instead of fixing my console they sent a generic red 3DS XL instead. So I highly recommend you guys who intend on actually keeping the console open yours and test it out while you can still return yours to the retailer for a replacement.

^ I don't know if what you're saying is correct about demand playing a bigger role then supply.

People are going into stores and seeing fewer red consoles and thinking that for whatever reason the Red Pokemon 3DS XL is more rare and then they themselves are deciding to buy a red unit because they think it'll be worth more.

Basically it's an artificial demand created by people speculating value based on alleged rarity

^ I don't know if what you're saying is correct about demand playing a bigger role then supply.

People are going into stores and seeing fewer red consoles and thinking that for whatever reason the Red Pokemon 3DS XL is more rare and then they themselves are deciding to buy a red unit because they think it'll be worth more.

Basically it's an artificial demand created by people speculating value based on alleged rarity
the red one is instock at newegg, but the blue one is sold out at newegg

I love how some CAGs are all about defending the guys who go into stores and buy out the entire stock of just about anything .. it's a shitty thing to do, bottom line.
This.

I can understand buying one extra or something to sell, but I find those people who go in stores and clean them out just for a chance to make a profit is just sad. Hell, I'v seen people clean stores out on stuff they could barely make a few dollars extra on per item. Nothing pisses me off more than losing out on something I actually want to a guy who just sells it for 5-10$ more than he paid.

I love how some CAGs are all about defending the guys who go into stores and buy out the entire stock of just about anything .. it's a shitty thing to do, bottom line.
The only reason it is a "shitty" thing to do is if you're buying all of them and prevevnting others from getting it. When it is something easy to get, why do I care if someone buys 100 of something if there are thousands more?

If it doesn't effect anyone go cares!!

I think this situation is a little different, since they don't seem to be hard to find, nor are they preventing anyone from getting a killer deal.

Like buying out all the Pikachu 3DS XL's (which appears to be rarer than this system) and getting them for $160 ($40+ dollars less) is way worse than someone buying a bunch of easily found systems for MSRP.

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree that they're a douche and I in no way support what they did, but there is a big difference between preventing someone from getting a deal / finding a rare or limited item and simply buying several at MSRP.

When someone orders 4 units for in store pick up (which were still in store and hadn't been picked up as of last night), that strikes me as a speculator who is looking to buy out stock and profit if it becomes rare. The intent is still there and in my mind, that makes them a douche. These turned out to be less rare than the pikachu model, but I judge the buyer on intent, not whether their hoarding pays off.

Either way, I don't really care to debate the issue further, if you have no issue with buying out stock then that's great and if you don't like it, then we agree and wish more people would simply take what they need and leave a little more for everyone else (obviously all of my posts have actually been about democrats and republicans and the pending government shutdown ;-) ).

bread's done
Back